We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iOMG/Episode #310" Episode Discussion

marcdragicevic

[381]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 21
    hurr05 wrote:

marcdragicevic wrote:
    For me this is the best episode in the series, but the promos kind of ruined it for me though. They revealed too much information in the process.
    sometimes they reveal too much because maybe what they're showing isn't what's really the most important

Sometimes, they only show the best parts/joke's in the episode. Then you get to the episode, and are become kind of disappointed with it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hurr05

[382]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 10

teenj12 wrote:
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

It cut off my Carly post. And ilivelovemusic's post. Grrr this site. I hate how they squeeze my words together too.

I was saying something how I didn't mind that Carly is upset. She's a very open and honest person, so she just expects others to do the same. She doesn't really hide anything. She felt left out because she was out of the loop, which ruins the iCarly trio. So I did like how they agreed to the "no secret" pact.

I feel Sam has insecurities that are more relatable to me, but on the surface level I act more like Carly. Even though I like Sam better, it doesn't really influence the way I ship. I really don't like shippers who ship something because they seriously hate a different character. I just think that Carly doesn't want Freddie. That doesn't mean I don't like her.

I have no idea what any of this has to do with iOMG. Oh well.

I wonder how long the "no secret" pact lasts. I think Sam broke the pact by hiding her feelings for Freddie.
    OH OH OH!! what about the one when they were doing the web show, and Sam said something mean to freddie, and freddie goes, "oh sam. if you're in love with me, just say so!"

marcdragicevic

[383]Apr 20, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

It cut off my Carly post. And ilivelovemusic's post. Grrr this site. I hate how they squeeze my words together too.

I was saying something how I didn't mind that Carly is upset. She's a very open and honest person, so she just expects others to do the same. She doesn't really hide anything. She felt left out because she was out of the loop, which ruins the iCarly trio. So I did like how they agreed to the "no secret" pact.

I feel Sam has insecurities that are more relatable to me, but on the surface level I act more like Carly. Even though I like Sam better, it doesn't really influence the way I ship. I really don't like shippers who ship something because they seriously hate a different character. I just think that Carly doesn't want Freddie. That doesn't mean I don't like her.

I have no idea what any of this has to do with iOMG. Oh well.

I wonder how long the "no secret" pact lasts. I think Sam broke the pact by hiding her feelings for Freddie.
    OH OH OH!! what about the one when they were doing the web show, and Sam said something mean to freddie, and freddie goes, "oh sam. if you're in love with me, just say so!"

Haha, I loved that line. So good, showed some interesting chemistry.

hurr05

[384]Apr 20, 2011

haha she should have said so!!!

ahhh...freddie and sam are adorable together.

marcdragicevic

[385]Apr 20, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

Haha, at times yes. Other time... no.

teenj12

[386]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 26
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

Haha, at times yes. Other time... no.

I sort of liked when they started "hanging out" without Carly (iDABB for example)

RomanZolanski

[387]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 12
    ^ To add to that, in the webshow, don't Sam and Freddie do iCarly without Carly? Like in all the little videos, we just see Jennette and Nathan, accompanied by Noah or Jerry. So where's Miranda? :S Isn't it i*CARLY*?

teenj12

[388]Apr 20, 2011
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    ^ To add to that, in the webshow, don't Sam and Freddie do iCarly without Carly? Like in all the little videos, we just see Jennette and Nathan, accompanied by Noah or Jerry. So where's Miranda? :S Isn't it i*CARLY*?

Miranda be off in her own little world .

ilivelovemusic

[389]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 5

^^ Yeah.. If you look at most of the videos off-set. It's mostly Jennette and Nathan. Apparently they're really close friends or something.

And it's so funny, cause I read this interview with Nathan. He was at this signing and meet&greet thing.

Then the first couple girls there we're arguing. One girl said she loved Nathan Kress/Freddie the most, dislikes Sam and her fave episode is iSYL cough*creddie*cough and the other little girl loved Jennette Mccurdy/Sam the most because "she's the cool one" And I think this lil girl was seddie, I can't remember properly.

Apparently though there's been a commotion there because there were people saying that Sam was such a bad influence and she's mean to Freddie and hits him @.@ And I think the little kids think Jennette actually does that to Nathan LOL

But then Nathan Kress said "Don't worry, Jennette the girl who plays 'Sam', has never hit me in my whole life." or something along the lines of that.

Jennette is actually like girly in real life.. And she lowers her voice to play Sam o.o

teenj12

[390]Apr 20, 2011

ilivelovemusic wrote:

^^ Yeah.. If you look at most of the videos off-set. It's mostly Jennette and Nathan. Apparently they're really close friends or something.

And it's so funny, cause I read this interview with Nathan. He was at this signing and meet&greet thing.

Then the first couple girls there we're arguing. One girl said she loved Nathan Kress/Freddie the most, dislikes Sam and her fave episode is iSYL cough*creddie*cough and the other little girl loved Jennette Mccurdy/Sam the most because "she's the cool one" And I think this lil girl was seddie, I can't remember properly.

Apparently though there's been a commotion there because there were people saying that Sam was such a bad influence and she's mean to Freddie and hits him @.@ And I think the little kids think Jennette actually does that to Nathan LOL

But then Nathan Kress said "Don't worry, Jennette the girl who plays 'Sam', has never hit me in my whole life." or something along the lines of that.

Jennette is actually like girly in real life.. And she lowers her voice to play Sam o.o

ROTFL Seriously? The funniest thing ever!

hurr05

[391]Apr 20, 2011

ilivelovemusic wrote:

to answer your question about why carly is like NEVER in any of the videos on the website is because it's HER SHOW. she gets paid the most, so the least she can do is give her co-stars complete control of the online videos. and yeah, it's true. jennette lowers her voice to play sam, but sometimes it can be just as deep in real life. rofl.

nevergrowingup

[392]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 3

hurr05 wrote:
    to answer your question about why carly is like NEVER in any of the videos on the website is because it's HER SHOW. she gets paid the most, so the least she can do is give her co-stars complete control of the online videos. and yeah, it's true. jennette lowers her voice to play sam, but sometimes it can be just as deep in real life. rofl.

What's trippy, is how high everyone's voice is in iPilot compared to now. I know that's adolescence but, except in the case of Nathan Kress, it seemed more gradual. Watch the opening few minutes of iPilot, then watch the last few minutes of iOMG. Smile

marcdragicevic

[393]Apr 20, 2011
    nevergrowingup wrote:

hurr05 wrote:

What's trippy, is how high everyone's voice is in iPilot compared to now. I know that's adolescence but, except in the case of Nathan Kress, it seemed more gradual. Watch the opening few minutes of iPilot, then watch the last few minutes of iOMG. Smile

I've noticed that, quite abit. So weird watching the earlier episodes now.
    Nathan Kress seems way younger in the Pilot episode then any other episode. (Including the 2nd episode of the series).

hurr05

[394]Apr 21, 2011

marcdragicevic wrote:
    nevergrowingup wrote:

hurr05 wrote:

I've noticed that, quite abit. So weird watching the earlier episodes now. Nathan Kress seems way younger in the Pilot episode then any other episode. (Including the 2nd episode of the series).
    nathan kress seems like 10 in that episode, even though i know he was 14 and yeah everyone's voice was really really high!!

marcdragicevic

[395]Apr 21, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

marcdragicevic wrote:
    nevergrowingup wrote:

hurr05 wrote:

I've noticed that, quite abit. So weird watching the earlier episodes now. Nathan Kress seems way younger in the Pilot episode then any other episode. (Including the 2nd episode of the series).
    nathan kress seems like 10 in that episode, even though i know he was 14 and yeah everyone's voice was really really high!!

Haha yeah, you couldn't really tell it with the other girls though. You can tell that Nathan and the others are growing up, but only when watching one episode from each season at a time. Like watch a season 3 episode, than a 4th season one.

Fireofnature

[396]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 13

YOU KNOW, I just thought of something... This could make or break iCarly, if not done extremely carefully, think about it: If Freddie rejects her, Sam's obviously isn't going to just get over it in the snap of her fingers and will likely be awkward around Freddie and won't be able to do the show because of her feelings, and she might clearly end up a bit depressed. This is where with extreme care needs to be placed, where Carly would have to show her true friend colors and be there for Sam. (Which is why Canada annoys me sometimes, he ignores that fact. That's not the point I'm making though).

If Freddie does what Canada's hoping and flips over to Carly, then well, that sort of blows the friendship out of proportion too, which would inevitably make Sam leave iCarly possibly and goodbye iCarly, the dynamic's gone.

If Freddie accepts Sam, then Carly is going to have to take it well or deal with it, because if she all of a sudden starts getting jealous (Which would be off for her because she DOES care about Sam as a friend, which is obvious. A real friend WOULD be happy for her friends.) If she gets jealous all of a sudden and starts fighting, there goes the friendship dynamic. So you see how this is going to need extreme care, right?

Edited on 04/21/2011 8:37am

frontman19

[397]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 14

Yes I see where you are coming from, but I know there are definitely neutral ways to end this and I feel that is exactly what Dan is going to do...end it in a similar...not exactly the same style as iSYL, in which Freddie just needs more time to think things over, no acceptance, no rejection, just put it on hold, that way Sam isn't too upset, the dynamic isn't ruined and Carly has no reason to be jealous (not that she would be, or should be, if she did end up being jealous I'd lose so much respect for her character.)

teenj12

[398]Apr 21, 2011

Fireofnature wrote:

YOU KNOW, I just thought of something... This could make or break iCarly, if not done extremely carefully, think about it: If Freddie rejects her, Sam's obviously isn't going to just get over it in the snap of her fingers and will likely be awkward around Freddie and won't be able to do the show because of her feelings, and she might clearly end up a bit depressed. This is where with extreme care needs to be placed, where Carly would have to show her true friend colors and be there for Sam. (Which is why Canada annoys me sometimes, he ignores that fact. That's not the point I'm making though).

If Freddie does what Canada's hoping and flips over to Carly, then well, that sort of blows the friendship out of proportion too, which would inevitably make Sam leave iCarly possibly and goodbye iCarly, the dynamic's gone.

If Freddie accepts Sam, then Carly is going to have to take it well or deal with it, because if she all of a sudden starts getting jealous (Which would be off for her because she DOES care about Sam as a friend, which is obvious. A real friend WOULD be happy for her friends.) If she gets jealous all of a sudden and starts fighting, there goes the friendship dynamic. So you see how this is going to need extreme care, right?

I just realized we are all saying how selfish Carly would be, but even if she would be jealous..she's only human. She may feel angry and left wondering "why didn't freddie choose me? Why Sam?". That's why when its three friends and two start dating, the other one feels left out, like a third wheel.

Fireofnature

[399]Apr 21, 2011
    Very true, Teen. Either way, what they say in the promos "iCarly will never be the same" is completely true. This is going to affect all three of them, whether there's awkwardness or not.

Let's try to remember, sure we thought about how Carly may feel, we've thought about how Sam may feel, but what about Freddie? Whether he rejects, takes time to think about it, he'll feel incredibly awkward. If he accepts, then there probably won't be an awkwardness, but he'll have a LOT of kinks to work through.

On his end, on Carly's end, and on Sam's end, iCarly will DEFINITELY be different. Their friendship will most likely be impacted.

Now we're thinking if Carly's jealous AT ALL. She may not be jealous, she may not care, but take this into consideration: The third wheel theory. There are ways to go about two friends having a relationship and the other not being a third wheel, difficult, but there are ways. Either way, if Freddie accepts and Carly doesn't have a problem, there will be a level of closeness that they won't have with Carly, obviously. She may feel left out, if they don't TRY to involve and include things (Hopefully Dan will work on the characters trying to include Carly if it happens), if not then yeah there's going to be difficulty.

Friendships will be affected, iCarly will be affected, and in case nobody can see it: OMG is just a stepping stone closer to the end of the show in its entirely. SO, anybody wonder how the show's going to end? My thinking is the show would end when the iCarly webshow ends....the characters either grow out, or something big happens that they just change and stop doing iCarly. Hopefully the end isn't them breaking up their friendship. Carly and Sam are not B*tches, they're not going to fight over Freddie, it's just not going to happen. HOWEVER: If Freddie and Sam get together and break up, are you aware how HARD it is to remain friends with an ex? Carly and Freddie didn't mess anything up when they dated and broke up because at that time the feelings weren't genuine and Freddie was mature enough to handle things without being too hurt or too awkward. NOW we're talking about SAM. Carly WILL be stepping up to the plate, not because she may or may not feel anything for Freddie, but because Sam is her friend. Meaning you can bet if Freddie were to ever hurt Sam, for example, Carly would be the one to smack him upside the head and say "WHAT THE F* ARE YOU THINKING?" And be there for Sam. But if they were to break up, Sam will still likely take it hard, obviously. If Carly doesn't comfort her enough, that COULD BE THE END. That's why we should hold out that Carly stays a true friend and no triangle crap drama occurs, because you know that if the friendships end, the webshow's over, the show's over. The characters break up with each other and go their separate ways. There's no way for a friendship to withstand the triangle effect like that without MAJOR CARE TAKEN. So I would say to our friend Canada, as much as we respect him and he makes valid points, even he should take into consideration, it would probably be BAD if Carly acts in the manner that most creddies want. The fate of iCarly could very well rest on how Carly handles things......and she'd better not be crappy and if Freddie jumps over to Carly right off the bat, Sam's gone, iCarly's done. Simple as that. Why would Sam be gone? Because how can Carly comfort her friend and explain to her anything and Sam would think she "took" Freddie from her.

Fireofnature

[400]Apr 21, 2011
    So yeah, frankly as much as I don't care whether Seddie or Creddie happens, I hope that it doesn't happen in the way people want it to happen, because from experience I can tell you that if it happens like that on the show...it can definitely kill iCarly, big time