We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iOMG/Episode #310" Episode Discussion

Zwingli4

[401]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 16

Well, if it was real life and Sam was in an unrequited love relationship with Freddie, she would have to leave iCarly and be by herself for awhile because then being close to Freddie would be too painful. But of course in the fictional show they couldn't have Sam leave because she is a main character who gets a lot of laughs. I don't see how they can make this work. Maybe if they bring in Melanie while Sam takes her hiatus to get over Freddie, but then Melanie is not as funny as Sam. In short the writers may work out something, but I doubt it will be realistic enough for viewers to buy into.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pscf3

[402]Apr 21, 2011
    I wonder how, and if they will end the episode. Dan has said that he doesn't like continuous plots. Ncis is really bad with this, so episodes get confusing. For example say you watch iFSM, then you watch the episode after iOmG 2. If you armed familiar with the show indetail, or missed iOmG 1 or 2, then you would be confused. The problem is, how do you write it how the complete concept of the show is the Same?

hurr05

[403]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 10

well of COURSE someone is gonna be left out (coughcarlycough). and it's pretty obvious that freddie will pick sam. i think he won't pick carly because he'll be a little curious about their relationship. will it be genuine? because it SURE as heck wasn't genuine in iSYL. just saying. also, sam and freddie just have better chemistry.

i think iOMG 2 will end like this. (remember, i am a seddie fan. it might end differently for the creddies ) :

FREDDIE: (walks in) hi.

CARLY: (monotone) hey. (pause) did you tell sam?

FREDDIE: (sigh) i did.

CARLY: ...and?

FREDDIE: she...she feels the same way.

(loonnnggg pause)

CARLY: (walks towards freddie; tries to smile) well...that's great.

FREDDIE: (worried) carly, listen--

CARLY: freddie, stop. it's cool. (pause, smiles sadly) i'm happy for you both. (freddie just looks at her)

FREDDIE: carly...are you sure you're cool with sam and i...you know, together? as a couple?

CARLY: (lying) of course. why wouldn't i--

FREDDIE: because that time when i saved your life...and we--

CARLY: freddie. it's all right. you two are cute together. (smiles genuinely) i mean it.

FREDDIE: (smiles) thanks.

CARLY: (quietly; still smiling) it's cool. (pause; smiles now) so, you wanna hit the groovy smoothie?

FREDDIE: (face falls) oh, well...i kinda told sam that we'd...catch a movie. (pause) i'm really sor--

CARLY: (trying to hide the disappointment) no no no, it's fine. you're right, you two should spend a little alone time together.

FREDDIE: (worried again) you sure? i don't want you to feel like we don't--

CARLY: it's FINE. go ahead. i'll just--

(sam barges in)

SAM: (smiling) hey, freddie. you ready to-- (sees carly; stops smiling) oh. hey carls.

CARLY: (trying to look happy) hey sam.

SAM: (to freddie) did you...tell her?

CARLY: don't worry. i'm all cool with it. (smiles...sort of)

SAM: (smiles, happy and totally oblivious to carly's fake-ness) really? you are the BEST. (hugs carly)

FREDDIE: heh...yeah, so you got the tickets? (eyes carly, still concerned)

SAM: mama's got em right here in her pocket.

FREDDIE: cool. (smiles at his girlfriend) let's be ouuutt.

SAM: (turns to leave) see ya carly-carls. (laughing) come on fredward. (takes his hand and pulls him towards the door)

FREDDIE: woah! (smiles at sam; to carly) catch you later carly. we'll hit it up at the groovy smoothie after school tomorrow.

CARLY: (meekly) kay...

(they're gone, laughing and talking as the go down the stairs holding hands)

THE END

Canada_Michael

[404]Apr 21, 2011

Nothing big will happen I don't understand why some think this is such a serious show, to the point where they have to plan out reactions like soaps. Sam is more likely to say her feelings for Freddie were a temporary moment of insanity, before we see any deep emotional stuff between the three. All they really have to do is make Sam interested in someone else & problem solved.

Edited on 04/21/2011 4:54pm

ilivelovemusic

[405]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 5
    Canada_Michael wrote:

Nothing big will happen I don't understand why some think this is such a serious show, to the point where they have to plan out reactions like soaps. Sam is more likely to say her feelings for Freddie were a temporary moment of insanity, before we see any deep emotional stuff between the three. All they really have to do is make Sam interested in someone else & problem solved.

Yes but they did say the promos weren't misleading so it DOES mean Sam is in-love. And even if she's interested in someone else after Freddie, it would still hurt like HELL if your best friend and the guy you loved got together.

teenj12

[406]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 26

ilivelovemusic wrote:
    Canada_Michael wrote:

Yes but they did say the promos weren't misleading so it DOES mean Sam is in-love. And even if she's interested in someone else after Freddie, it would still hurt like HELL if your best friend and the guy you loved got together.

True. Sam coouulldd always pull the "ikissed Him First" card !

Edited on 04/21/2011 6:48pm

hurr05

[407]Apr 21, 2011

teenj12 wrote:

ilivelovemusic wrote:
    Canada_Michael wrote:

well she DID kiss him first. SHE DESERVES HIM!! 4EVA!!

teenj12

[408]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 26
    hurr05 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:

ilivelovemusic wrote:
    Canada_Michael wrote:

Ha ha. What if Carly has some lame come back/ excuse like "Well, your always MEAN to him!" .

ilivelovemusic

[409]Apr 21, 2011
    teenj12 wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:

ilivelovemusic wrote:
    Canada_Michael wrote:

Ha ha. What if Carly has some lame come back/ excuse like "Well, your always MEAN to him!" .

Or she could pull the 'He loved me first' card xD hahaha

RomanZolanski

[410]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 12
    Or how about Carly actually feels happy and supportive of Seddie IF it does happen?

Fireofnature

[411]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 13
    Idiots....sorry, no offense, but even if it isn't "real life" there HAS to be some realism in it. Every writer knows this, there has to be an ounce of realism. If they were emotionless robots, then it wouldn't be real.

If Freddie jumped back and forth, it would hurt like F- hell for Sam, if Carly just became jealous all of a sudden and whatever, it would hurt like F* hell. It doesn't matter, it just doesn't work the way you guys think it does, I'm sorry people, but it doesn't. There's no magical "everything's perfect and fine, peach and honey" to everything, there just ISN'T.

Canada_Michael

[412]Apr 21, 2011

I partially agree with what your saying. If Seddie happens like many Seddie fans hope it will change things between the three, someone will feel awkward and out of place. IMO Sam's kiss happened too soon for Seddie to be the endgame, there are just too many episodes left to have Carly be the third wheel. Remember this is iCarly Carly is the star character, when not in school or the groovy smoothy all the main characters gravitate to Carly's. This is Carly's universe it's not the iSam or The Seddie Show. Creddie may not happen either & that's why they threw in Sam's sudden interest in Freddie, to open the door for Freddie to get someone outside the group. He turns down Sam, Carly is still not interested so he moves on. For all we know Freddie could tell Sam he's flattered but he's already dating someone else.

The part about realism I can't buy because iCarly has so much that's unrealistic, it's built on it IMO. I don't think the danger of being unrealistic will ever stop them.

Oh and calling people idiots & then saying no offense doesn't work. How else can it be taken but with offense?

Edited on 04/21/2011 9:42pm

vanillacupcakes

[413]Apr 21, 2011

@FireofNature: Agreed with the realism part. Just because it's a sitcom on Nickelodeon doesn't mean Dan doesn't put thought into the characters or their feelings.

I know I've probably said this before, but I'll say it again. They basically spelled out that Sam is too scared to make a move because she's scared of rejection. If they spent so much time getting her to make a move only to be rejected, then what's the whole point of iOMG in the first place?? She's not going to go "back to normal" after something like that. If Freddie dates Carly, Sam has to completely fall out of love with Freddie first. I find it more complicated for Sam to fall in love with somebody else AND have Carly fall in love with Freddie without it affecting their friendship. I don't think it's an easy thing to pull off, but I wouldn't say it couldn't happen. Freddie just can't go back and forth between the two. It's going to hurt BOTH Carly and Sam, and just make Freddie seem like a jerk. It's too far into the show to be doing that. Freddie has to pick one girl during this next season and have a clear path of romantic development towards one ship only. Even as a Seddie shipper, I'd rather have an obvious development towards Creddie than having teasing moments on both sides and a sudden endship.

Edited on 04/22/2011 8:47am

ilivelovemusic

[414]Apr 22, 2011
    Yeah I really wouldn't like it if he goes with Sam to Carly then back to Sam and then to Carly again. That's not enjoyable, it's just going to make Freddie's character a douche.

Fireofnature

[415]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 13

Yeah exactly what I'm trying to say...Carly and Sam aren't going to be B*ches to each other, everything really does rest more on Freddie's shoulders than anybody really thinks...I mean, it's like...am I the only one here who sees that?

Edited on 04/21/2011 11:17pm

ilivelovemusic

[416]Apr 22, 2011
    Fireofnature wrote:

Yeah exactly what I'm trying to say...Carly and Sam aren't going to be B*ches to each other, everything really does rest more on Freddie's shoulders than anybody really thinks...I mean, it's like...am I the only one here who sees that?

Don't worry you're not alone. My friend and I have likde the same dude before but we've never fought about it. We do have some 'unpleasant feelings' towards each other but our friendship matters more than any dude. If you're really best friends you wouldn't act on that.

hurr05

[417]Apr 22, 2011

it's so simple. coughCARLYcough will end up feeling a little left out at first, but she'll get used to it after a while and the three will remain best friends. she can find someone else!!

pscf3

[418]Apr 22, 2011
    That's like the billionth time you've said that.

hurr05 wrote:

it's so simple. coughCARLYcough will end up feeling a little left out at first, but she'll get used to it after a while and the three will remain best friends. she can find someone else!!

hurr05

[419]Apr 22, 2011

pscf3 wrote:
    That's like the billionth time you've said that.
    hurr05 wrote:

yeah well guess what? you didn't have to look at it.

pscf3

[420]Apr 22, 2011
    LOL