We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iOMG/Episode #310" Episode Discussion

sockstar

[461]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 12

teenj12 wrote:
    ilivelovemusic wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

idk

pscf3 wrote:
    ?
    teenj12 wrote:
    sockstar wrote:
    It makes sense that iPWV was last, simply because they would've had to redress all the sets to the Victorious ones.
    Lol..

Isn't it separate? Like iCarly has their set and Victorious has theirs. So if they were to film when the gang goes to and is in Hollywood, wouldn't they just use the Victorious set?
    I guess.

I thought they were all done in the same studio?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[462]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 21
    sockstar wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    ilivelovemusic wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

idk

pscf3 wrote:
    ?
    teenj12 wrote:
    sockstar wrote:
    It makes sense that iPWV was last, simply because they would've had to redress all the sets to the Victorious ones.
    Lol..

Isn't it separate? Like iCarly has their set and Victorious has theirs. So if they were to film when the gang goes to and is in Hollywood, wouldn't they just use the Victorious set?
    I guess.

I thought they were all done in the same studio?

They are in the same studios.

hurr05

[463]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 10

isn't everything dan produces done in the same studio?

pscf3

[464]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 16
    Yep.

hurr05 wrote:

isn't everything dan produces done in the same studio?

vanillacupcakes

[465]Apr 28, 2011
    Here's an interesting fact about the episode. Dan wrote a fake ending to the episode when they did the table read. Then he only told Nathan, Jennette, and Miranda the real ending. The rest of the cast and crew didn't know until it was actually filmed. The things Dan does to hide the surprises.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTseAstUvWM&feature=player_embedded

sockstar

[466]Apr 28, 2011
    Just proves to me it was more bad writing. The audience should've known Sam liked Freddie before iOMG.

I know that will sound like a 'bitter' Creddie fan (and slick will probably repost it on twitpics and tumblr because he can't resist spreading my evil Creddie hatred), but having one of the main characters be in love with the male lead isn't something that should be 'shocking' in a way that comes out of nowhere and can be 'hidden' from the audience until the last 2 minutes of the final episode of the season.

I've also read people think it means they are 'end-game'. That simply isn't true either.

My favourite (romantic) story-line in this season's TV has been Dan/Blair on Gossip Girl.

Why? Because Dan didn't suddenly fall in love with Blair.

They've developed it. It's been going on and developing around the characters and everything else for the entire season. It hasn't just had Blair fall in love with Dan without telling anyone.

Just because iCarly is a comedy, doesn't excuse poor characterisation. Especially in the most dramatic part of the show (the character relationships).

teenj12

[467]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 26
    sockstar wrote:
    Just proves to me it was more bad writing. The audience should've known Sam liked Freddie before iOMG.

I know that will sound like a 'bitter' Creddie fan (and slick will probably repost it on twitpics and tumblr because he can't resist spreading my evil Creddie hatred), but having one of the main characters be in love with the male lead isn't something that should be 'shocking' in a way that comes out of nowhere and can be 'hidden' from the audience until the last 2 minutes of the final episode of the season.

I've also read people think it means they are 'end-game'. That simply isn't true either.

My favourite (romantic) story-line in this season's TV has been Dan/Blair on Gossip Girl.

They've developed it. It's been going on and developing around the characters and everything else for the entire season. It hasn't just had Blair fall in love with Dan without telling anyone.

Just because iCarly is a comedy, doesn't excuse poor characterisation. Especially in the most dramatic part of the show (the character relationships).

What? I would say Seddie has had great development. Sam's crush didn't exactly come out of no where. They could of built up a little more I would say. This is coming from both a Creddier and Seddier.

sockstar

[469]Apr 28, 2011
    I'm not gonna reply since it'll just drama. Plus I'm too tired. If you think there was development great, I'll just keep my opinion, and not try to argue with you about it.

Canada_Michael

[470]Apr 28, 2011

I agree with you the whole Sam has feelings for Freddie was poorly done, & IMO was done for shock value & nothing more. On the bright side there is no way Seddie fan expectations can be met & satisfied, & I can't wait for the blowout when the Axe falls .

Edited on 04/28/2011 2:19pm
    Edited 2 total times.

hurr05

[471]Apr 28, 2011

sockstar wrote:
    I'm not gonna reply since it'll just drama. Plus I'm too tired. If you think there was development great, I'll just keep my opinion, and not try to argue with you about it.
    teenj is right, the crush DID build. you can tell

teenj12

[472]Apr 28, 2011
    We need FON, since he's the only other both-sided sipper here.

hurr05

[473]Apr 28, 2011

hehehe...FON. sounds like FUN.

i'm so weird.

chicamusica12

[474]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 13
    sockstar wrote:

I totally agree. The only hints that we officially saw was iKiss and iSYL that indicated Sam's feelings. Anything else could arguably be Seddier's with their ship goggles on. Now, I ship Seddie, but I don't want the ship to come out of nowhere. Dan has some explaining to do.

vanillacupcakes

[475]Apr 28, 2011

^You're a Seddie shipper and you didn't find iSpeed Date as evidence of Sam having feelings of Freddie?? I think they did make it evident to the audience that Sam has feelings for Freddie, it's just that some people didn't look at it that way. A lot of people expected iOMG to play out exactly the way it did. It wasn't that unexpected. Maybe my shipping goggles are too tight(my favorite phrase) but Dan isn't a poor writer.

Whatever. I'm not going to argue either, we've done that before and go nowhere. We're not going to randomly switch sides right now. I could write a essay going back to square one with my opinion, but nobody would agree. I feel think they can be endgame, but my expectations have already been met when iKiss aired so I don't really care. It's just fun to make predictions. Creddie interaction is adorable...so I think I'll live.

I love Dan/Blair too...except I also see development in Seddie as well. I'll keep my opinion and you guys can keep yours. If Creddie happens as endgame, I give you permission to rub it in my face, and then explain the development I didn't see and misinterpret.

Edited on 04/28/2011 5:23pm

frontman19

[476]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 14

I also have to say that there has been development in Sam/Freddie's relationship...granted not as much as I would like but it certainly has been there. I would understand the people saying that there has been no development if this had been the first episode anything big happened between Sam and Freddie (like a kiss) but there has been at least 2 episodes that developed their relationship. I know that isn't a lot and I wish he went for more (crazy seddie shippers will point out development in every episode but that's just not true) but it isn't nothing either, so I can kind of understand why he did it. I will admit that Carly and Freddie getting together would make more sense end game and I would be perfectly happy with it if that's the direction Dan decides to go in, but I can't say that Sam and Freddie haven't had any development before iOMG since it has been there. If Dan focuses this upcoming season on developing Sam and Freddie's friendship/relationship and doesn't have anything romantic between them happen until season 5, then I think the relationship would really work, but for now, while he developed it some, I just feel it needs more to really make sense.

Edited on 04/28/2011 8:17pm

ilivelovemusic

[477]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 5
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Here's an interesting fact about the episode. Dan wrote a fake ending to the episode when they did the table read. Then he only told Nathan, Jennette, and Miranda the real ending. The rest of the cast and crew didn't know until it was actually filmed. The things Dan does to hide the surprises.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTseAstUvWM&feature=player_embedded

Didn't he say only him and Jennette knew? Like Dan pulled him and Jennette in a room and told them the ending would be different xD I wonder what the rest of the cast thought.. OMG! (O.O) what if that was actually miranda's reaction. Cause if she didnt know the real ending, she must've been thinking "Why is Jennette kissing Nathan?!!"

ilivelovemusic

[478]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 5
    frontman19 wrote:

I also have to say that there has been development in Sam/Freddie's relationship...granted not as much as I would like but it certainly has been there. I would understand the people saying that there has been no development if this had been the first episode anything big happened between Sam and Freddie (like a kiss) but there has been at least 2 episodes that developed their relationship. I know that isn't a lot and I wish he went for more (crazy seddie shippers will point out development in every episode but that's just not true) but it isn't nothing either, so I can kind of understand why he did it. I will admit that Carly and Freddie getting together would make more sense end game and I would be perfectly happy with it if that's the direction Dan decides to go in, but I can't say that Sam and Freddie haven't had any development before iOMG since it has been there. If Dan focuses this upcoming season on developing Sam and Freddie's friendship/relationship and doesn't have anything romantic between them happen until season 5, then I think the relationship would really work, but for now, while he developed it some, I just feel it needs more to really make sense.

Sorry for the double post but I just have to say that I totally agree with this. And as someone has said before,some people can't see the development because they don't see it that way. While us seddiers would consider it as one. I like debating and I too would put up a fight to stand for my opinion but since it is better for us not to, let's just avoid anything that'd ruin the peace

hurr05

[479]Apr 29, 2011

ilivelovemusic wrote:
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Didn't he say only him and Jennette knew? Like Dan pulled him and Jennette in a room and told them the ending would be different xD I wonder what the rest of the cast thought.. OMG! (O.O) what if that was actually miranda's reaction. Cause if she didnt know the real ending, she must've been thinking "Why is Jennette kissing Nathan?!!"
    HOLY CRAP you're so right. miranda's reaction was probably real!!!

teenj12

[480]Apr 29, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

ilivelovemusic wrote:
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    HOLY CRAP you're so right. miranda's reaction was probably real!!!

Wow! Dan has one heck of a mind!