We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Creddie Discussion

iskabibble07

[41]May 14, 2008
    • level: 13
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Edited this thread. All Creddie discussion will be here.
    Wow I really like what you are doing here Andrea. There are tons of Seddie, Creddie and battleground threads that you can lock and close now because of this simplication you are doing. Thats so good because they are a mess!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

abz08

[42]May 14, 2008
    • level: 15
    YES!!! I was actually thinking/kind of hoping you would become Editor here! XD

WOOOOO Creddie. Rox my sox. XD

AndreaMSkate

[43]May 14, 2008
    • level: 49
    Thanks, both of you. I'm going to slowly go through the recent threads and close ones that aren't entirely necessary. If anyone has suggestions/comments, please do let me know.

abz08

[44]May 14, 2008

Yay. Can we close the game threads? Those aren't supposed to be here, I remembered. ---

Hmm... Creddie topic. It was mentioned by someone else elsewhere - but I figured why not bring it up here. In iFence, Carly acts a LOT like a 'mother'. To Spencer, Sam, AND Freddie. Sam even calls her "Mom" mockingly. And Spencer - I think that part's just funny. She's the adult in the situation. Which is actually no where near a new concept, but it still amuses me. ---

But the Freddie part. XD I can see where a lot of people could bring this point back in my face - but I don't think so. Mothers are also wives. And wives, occasionally, have to act like mothers to their spouse. People say it all the time, like 'These are my children, and that's my other kid' or they include their husbands when they tell you how many kids they have. ---

So Carly thought that Freddie was being childish, and did her best to punish him. And then she realizes how wrong she's been, and does everything in her power to make things right. To apologize to her significant other whom she should have treated better. XD ---

What ch'all think?

Edited on 05/14/2008 7:58pm

AndreaMSkate

[45]May 19, 2008
    Someone said we don't seem to have a Creddie Discussion thread, and we do, so I just wanted to dig this back up.

I agree Abz, that Carly was acting awfully motherish in "iFence." Almost too motherish though. Spencer may not be your conventional kind of adultish guardian, but she can't really control what activities he does or doesn't partake in. It WAS kind of amusing, but a little irritating at the same time. However, Carly being motherish towards Freddie, I have no problem with, because like you said, wives do sometimes have to "mother" their husbands and I find that adorable. Although yeah, in this situation she was wrong to treat Freddie the way she did. But she made it up to him so yay.

iskabibble07

[46]May 19, 2008

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Someone said we don't seem to have a Creddie Discussion thread, and we do, so I just wanted to dig this back up. I agree Abz, that Carly was acting awfully motherish in "iFence." Almost too motherish though. Spencer may not be your conventional kind of adultish guardian, but she can't really control what activities he does or doesn't partake in. It WAS kind of amusing, but a little irritating at the same time. However, Carly being motherish towards Freddie, I have no problem with, because like you said, wives do sometimes have to "mother" their husbands and I find that adorable. Although yeah, in this situation she was wrong to treat Freddie the way she did. But she made it up to him so yay.

Carly is clearly the mom of the show. Little things like making Sam do her homework or just before Freddie's date, she couldn't stop fixing his outfit and hair. That was totally cute. But mothering toward him could also be girlfriendish. It implies intimacy and that he is comfortable enough with her to let her "arrange him" and even fix his hair while licking her hand.

I just thought the role reversal with Carly and Spencer was cute in Ifence. It also showed that while he is legally the guardian, they really are in a relationship of taking care of each other. Like in Iheart art when he was so upset about being criticized for his art, it was Carly that acted in a motherly way to comfort him and fix the situation. I don't think its creepy that she is that way toward him because it isn't at all inappropriate. Just my take on it.

lilatp

[47]May 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    ^Yea she does have that "mother vibe" in her, but it makes me dwell on where is Carly's mother I dunno, but after seeing the episode just got me thinking.Hopefuly later on in the show they will go more into that anyways back on topic I like the way she acts to Freddie when she's in that vibe y'know it's cute to see her fixing him up for his date or giving him lectures and stuff.When/IF they end up getting together I can picture her being really sweet to him, talking to him about any thing, or just being there for him like a mother/girlfriend sorta thing y'know.

AndreaMSkate

[48]May 19, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Someone said we don't seem to have a Creddie Discussion thread, and we do, so I just wanted to dig this back up. I agree Abz, that Carly was acting awfully motherish in "iFence." Almost too motherish though. Spencer may not be your conventional kind of adultish guardian, but she can't really control what activities he does or doesn't partake in. It WAS kind of amusing, but a little irritating at the same time. However, Carly being motherish towards Freddie, I have no problem with, because like you said, wives do sometimes have to "mother" their husbands and I find that adorable. Although yeah, in this situation she was wrong to treat Freddie the way she did. But she made it up to him so yay.

Carly is clearly the mom of the show. Little things like making Sam do her homework or just before Freddie's date, she couldn't stop fixing his outfit and hair. That was totally cute. But mothering toward him could also be girlfriendish. It implies intimacy and that he is comfortable enough with her to let her "arrange him" and even fix his hair while licking her hand.

I just thought the role reversal with Carly and Spencer was cute in Ifence. It also showed that while he is legally the guardian, they really are in a relationship of taking care of each other. Like in Iheart art when he was so upset about being criticized for his art, it was Carly that acted in a motherly way to comfort him and fix the situation. I don't think its creepy that she is that way toward him because it isn't at all inappropriate. Just my take on it.

Yeah I never said it was creepy or inappropriate. I just found it a little irksome that she was so take-charge with him when he should be able to fence if he wants to. Granted, she was mad at him, and I think just about anyone would react in a similar way if they were mad at their older brother for abandoning them when they were supposed to be helping out.

iskabibble07

[49]May 19, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:

AndreaMSkate wrote:

Yeah I never said it was creepy or inappropriate. I just found it a little irksome that she was so take-charge with him when he should be able to fence if he wants to. Granted, she was mad at him, and I think just about anyone would react in a similar way if they were mad at their older brother for abandoning them when they were supposed to be helping out.

Yeah I didnt think you meant that at all. I was kind of on both Carly and Spencer's side on that one. After all, Carly wanted Freddie to have some guy time with Spencer so he was doing a favor for one of her freinds. Then again, he said he would help and he didnt so she had a right to be a bit miffed. And she has to have a way to telling him when she is unhappy because that is the only way they can get along as a family. I liked it he respected her objections because maybe he knew he had done wrong and he wants her to be able to hear from her when he does wrong since he is sometimes a goofball.

Look at me overanalzing everything on the show.

ycc1988

[50]May 19, 2008
    • level: 20
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Someone said we don't seem to have a Creddie Discussion thread, and we do, so I just wanted to dig this back up.

Ah, here it is. I like the way Freddie has gone more subtle with his crush on Carly. It was pretty ridiculous in the early episodes. It would be funnier if Freddie keeps showing signs of a crush, but in a way that Carly doesn't pick up.

AndreaMSkate

[51]May 19, 2008
    ycc1988 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:

Ah, here it is. I like the way Freddie has gone more subtle with his crush on Carly. It was pretty ridiculous in the early episodes. It would be funnier if Freddie keeps showing signs of a crush, but in a way that Carly doesn't pick up.

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing! Especially in iFence. When Carly said "now you hate me," I fully expected him to bounce back and be like "No, I LOVE YOU!" But he didn't, and instead said that she was his best friend, and I just thought that really showed his maturity and was a really great moment.

iskabibble07

[52]May 20, 2008

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    ycc1988 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing! Especially in iFence. When Carly said "now you hate me," I fully expected him to bounce back and be like "No, I LOVE YOU!" But he didn't, and instead said that she was his best friend, and I just thought that really showed his maturity and was a really great moment.

That was one of the great creddie moments of the show because it turned the tables where Carly really was upset at the idea of Freddie not liking her and the crush seemed to be going the other way. But Freddie was "in charge" of the moment and was very sweet and not all pushy at all. At the end whey agreed to go get a treat together, neither may have seen it but that was a date.

AndreaMSkate

[53]May 20, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    ycc1988 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:

That was one of the great creddie moments of the show because it turned the tables where Carly really was upset at the idea of Freddie not liking her and the crush seemed to be going the other way. But Freddie was "in charge" of the moment and was very sweet and not all pushy at all. At the end whey agreed to go get a treat together, neither may have seen it but that was a date.

Yeah it was! Too bad they couldn't show that to us on the show.

abz08

[54]May 20, 2008
    'Twas definitely a date... but I'm not sure I'd want to see it. Okay - take that back. I'm not sure I'd want to see ALL of it. At least not taking up other valueable canon time. Bits and pieces. XD ---

Yep. It was TOTALLY a date. Now we just need to see that there is an execution of that (and actually see a little bit of that) because we were sorely without it with iFence.

Nature9000

[55]May 20, 2008
    • level: 9

I don't know if I can safely agree with that. In that episode, one could see it as a date but you can't really judge it and say it was exactly a date. Based on logic and reasoning, it could have merely been a time to hang out with friends to make them feel better. I know that I personally have invited someone to chat or go to someplace like Sonic, you can't consider that a date. Due to logic and study, there is no way to tell whether something was or was not a date. However I will agree and say that if one were to look at it in that perspective, it could be considered a date. However, before you state that it is without question a date or not a date, there are several things one must take into question. Such as body language for instance, a person's body language when asking someone on a date is much different than that of someone just asking someone to hang out. Before you deny that, I will back that claim up with the fact that I have been in clas.ses like theater and speech cla.ss for many years.

Just a thought, an opinion, I'm not saying it wasn't a date I'm just saying that before you decide that it was, there are those certain things one has to look out for.

Edited on 05/20/2008 12:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.

AndreaMSkate

[56]May 20, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:

I don't know if I can safely agree with that. In that episode, one could see it as a date but you can't really judge it and say it was exactly a date. Based on logic and reasoning, it could have merely been a time to hang out with friends to make them feel better. I know that I personally have invited someone to chat or go to someplace like Sonic, you can't consider that a date. Due to logic and study, there is no way to tell whether something was or was not a date. However I will agree and say that if one were to look at it in that perspective, it could be considered a date. However, before you state that it is without question a date or not a date, there are several things one must take into question. Such as body language for instance, a person's body language when asking someone on a date is much different than that of someone just asking someone to hang out. Before you deny that, I will back that claim up with the fact that I have been in clas.ses like theater and speech cla.ss for many years.

Just a thought, an opinion, I'm not saying it wasn't a date I'm just saying that before you decide that it was, there are those certain things one has to look out for.

The possibility of it being a date or at least "date-like" can't be ruled out though.

Body language can be different from person to person though. I think it's a reflection of personality. So body language when asking someone to hang out can't be a full-proof determinant of whether it was a date or not.

Nature9000

[57]May 20, 2008
    As I said, I didn't rule it out. It could very well have been a date, but I did say that it's not a good idea to rule out the possibility of it just being a chance to hang out. It's either that or every time someone asks someone to go get a smoothie with them, it's a date...that's kind of how everyone makes it sound here.

abz08

[58]May 20, 2008
    I understand that. But is it so wrong to run away with an idea? Besides, as far as the body language thing goes... it could still be a date. Just... it was more of an established relationship kind of date, where they had a fight, and want to get back on track. ---

AND YES I KNOW that's exactly what it was. Just a friendship instead of romantic relationship... but still.

AndreaMSkate

[59]May 20, 2008
    abz08 wrote:
    it was more of an established relationship kind of date, where they had a fight, and want to get back on track.

Yeah that makes sense to me.

Nature9000

[60]May 20, 2008
    I'll agree, you bring up a very good point Abz. It can be looked at as either way, but when it comes to it, it could have easily been just that, a date.