We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Creddie Discussion

blazingstone

[121]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 8
    Nature9000 wrote:

I don't find that to be an acceptable reason for any pairing unfortunately. Just because someone else won't have anyone, that doesn't make a good reason, or main star. Here's a good reason as to why one would support Creddie: Freddie really likes Carly, most likely it's infatuation, but he has a major crush on her. He's growing, he's maturing, and Carly is starting to see some maturity in him rather than the immaturity he held when the series began. So most likely, Carly will give him a chance, and Creddie will happen! Plus the way you make it sound can be said the same for Sam as well, for if Creddie happens, Sam will get nobody. Is that fair for her? She is one of the main stars as well. So you can't really use "Carly would get no one, and she should because she's the star" that's not a proper reason. Also if that was the only reason, that would apply for any male on the show whatsoever....you need a much broader reasoning than that...I'm sorry, but before you can possibly debate this, you need to look deeper into things.

Unfortunately, that can be an acceptable reason, putting all rationality aside, and focusing on the aim of the show itself.

Carly is the main character, so they want to put her in the spotlight.

Therefore, they put her crushes as the priority.

BUT his doesn't usually roll for Nick shows. It's a new formula for Nick, so we'll just have to see. It seems to be anyone's game for me - but when Freddie said "y'know, when girl rip on guys, it usually means they have a crush on them", I figured they might be hinting at Seddie.

However, I still think Creddie has a chance... Freddie is very young, awkward looking, and obssesive, which is probably why Carly is turned off to him. As someone else mentioned, this might be a development thing.

I saw Nathan Kress on the 'taking over Nick' thing, and yowza! That boy GREW! He shot up, his voice dropped, and he's actually getting pretty cute. lol.

As the show progresses, and Freddie continues to get better looking, and grow out of his crush on her, Carly may later on find that she likes him back - it may be a development thing for her too.

What I'd LOVE to see is some Creddie angst... Freddie could finally stop being overtly obsessive and consider liking Sam. Carly would find that she's jealous, and he could use the "you had your chance" thing on her. And then they could kiss and live happily ever after ^_^

But, I dunno, it seems to be anyone's game right now . *shrugs*

I'm really still kind of on the fence for pairings of this show (a little more partial to Creddie)... Jeez, it's so much easier to ship a couple when the actors are grown and hot xD

And I think I started leaning more towards Creddie when Carly pinned him to the ground. And when Freddie set up that security system in his locker because someone stole his fruit scented markers... I was like "awww" when Carly handed them to him. Dunno why, but I thought that was cute - and she knows his locker combo. I thought that was cute ^_^

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AndreaMSkate

[122]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 49
    ^ But why should he consider liking Sam? I truly don't think he feels anything more than annoyance towards her for all she puts him through. I do feel that their is an underlying friendship that shines through from time to time, but the biggest reason in my opinion that they're always together is simply because they are both best friends of Carly.

crzza

[124]Jun 16, 2008
    Gah, too many words...... And he doesn't show feeling towards either of that much.

AndreaMSkate

[125]Jun 16, 2008
    crzza wrote:
    Gah, too many words...... And he doesn't show feeling towards either of that much.

You mean he doesn't show feelings toward Carly?? He definitely does, although in recent episodes it does seem like he is starting to outgrow his childishly obsessive crush on her.

crzza

[126]Jun 16, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    crzza wrote:

You mean he doesn't show feelings toward Carly?? He definitely does, although in recent episodes it does seem like he is starting to outgrow his childishly obsessive crush on her.
    I said THAT much. I didn't say none at all.

blazingstone

[127]Jun 16, 2008

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    ^ But why should he consider liking Sam? I truly don't think he feels anything more than annoyance towards her for all she puts him through. I do feel that their is an underlying friendship that shines through from time to time, but the biggest reason in my opinion that they're always together is simply because they are both best friends of Carly.

Let's not get too defensive here. I did say I was mostly a Creddie shipper, didn't I? ^_^

Well, why not? If you look at the bigger picture, TV and the media does buy into stuff like 'love hate relationships'. It looked like that's what they writers were going for when they made Freddie and Sam go at each others throats as they do now. And that comment from Freddie as well ("when girls rip on guys...") also has shown us the thought of Sam liking HIM has crossed his mind. He's thought about it. And even without that, the idea of them isn't too farfetched. Again, we're looking at the dynamics of the love-hate relationship (which I hate.) And that scenerio I said was just a thought that I might like to see play out. I mean, if how I pictured it happened (which probably won't happen), what's the big deal? It'd still end in Creddie anyways. *shrugs*

Nature9000

[129]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 9

Both girls and Freddie have matured, the three grow closer with each episode. Freddie and Sam are closer than they were in the very first episode, Freddie and Carly are closer than they were in the first episode. Keep things open and wait for the second season to start and sink in before you make completely definite decisions. 13 year olds are still growing, they're still in that immature state, heck, they're still going through puberty. We can't know anything just yet.

Though I will say this, the possibility of Freddie and Carly is possible. However, I don't usually look at the same reasons you guys do "Main character" or "because he was obssesed" that's saying he's a stalker and no woman would love a stalker. Trust me on that. I look deeper, into more psychological reasons...that's why I am nuetral and I say that both relationships could happen and there's always a chance that NONE happen.

Edited on 06/17/2008 1:31pm

blazingstone

[130]Jun 17, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:

Though I will say this, the possibility of Freddie and Carly is possible. However, I don't usually look at the same reasons you guys do "Main character" or "because he was obssesed" that's saying he's a stalker and no woman would love a stalker. Trust me on that. I look deeper, into more psychological reasons...that's why I am nuetral and I say that both relationships could happen and there's always a chance that NONE happen.

Okay, you've said it before, I get that.

But again, you have to look at the bigger picture, AND consider all factors - as I said before.

This is a children's/teen sitcom. It's not likely they'll take in depth college-level psychoanalysis into consideration when deciding to romantically pair two of these kids off.

Nature9000

[131]Jun 17, 2008
    blazingstone wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:

But again, you have to look at the bigger picture, AND consider all factors - as I said before.

This is a children's/teen sitcom. It's not likely they'll take in depth college-level psychoanalysis into consideration when deciding to romantically pair two of these kids off.

That's...kind of what I've been saying -_-. Looking at the big picture, which most people tend NOT to do. Looking at the big picture requires an open mind, and a lot of people usually are not. Now, I'm all for Creddie, but I'm not one of the people that say there is absolutely no chance of Seddie happening. That's because I look at everything, I watch for signs in every pairing, not just the one that I want to see...Heck, I even see signs in a pairing that will probably NEVER happen...I even see signs in a pairing that I think is disgusting beyond all doubt.

blazingstone

[132]Jun 17, 2008

Nature9000 wrote:
    That's...kind of what I've been saying -_-. Looking at the big picture, which most people tend NOT to do. Looking at the big picture requires an open mind, and a lot of people usually are not. Now, I'm all for Creddie, but I'm not one of the people that say there is absolutely no chance of Seddie happening. That's because I look at everything, I watch for signs in every pairing, not just the one that I want to see...Heck, I even see signs in a pairing that will probably NEVER happen...I even see signs in a pairing that I think is disgusting beyond all doubt.

Right :nods: I was just sayin', you can't rely fully on psychological analysis for this type of show.... it just seemed like you relied solely on that than anything else.

Right now, I too am pretty open minded about the pairings of this show. It seems to me the writers structured Creddie's and Seddie's relationships so they could go either way... him being obsessed with Carly, and Seddie having the possibility of the love-hate relationship. I also agree.... it's anyone's game from here.

Nature9000

[133]Jun 17, 2008
    blazingstone wrote:

Nature9000 wrote:

Right :nods: I was just sayin', you can't rely fully on psychological analysis for this type of show.... it just seemed like you relied solely on that than anything else.

Right now, I too am pretty open minded about the pairings of this show. It seems to me the writers structured Creddie's and Seddie's relationships so they could go either way... him being obsessed with Carly, and Seddie having the possibility of the love-hate relationship. I also agree.... it's anyone's game from here.

Yeah, and that's what I would agree with. *Nod*

crzza

[134]Jun 17, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:

Nature9000 wrote:

Yeah, and that's what I would agree with. *Nod*
    You people nod alot. lol.

Nature9000

[135]Jun 17, 2008
    You make random statements my friend -_-

crzza

[136]Jun 17, 2008
    Yes, yes I do, my friend.

AndreaMSkate

[137]Jun 17, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:

For me, when I look at the bigger picture, I can see Creddie happening more than I can see Seddie happening. It's when I look at the tiniest littlest things in some of the episodes that I can see a possibility of Seddie. The bickering still really isn't indicative of anything more than bickering to me.

crzza

[138]Jun 17, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:

For me, when I look at the bigger picture, I can see Creddie happening more than I can see Seddie happening. It's when I look at the tiniest littlest things in some of the episodes that I can see a possibility of Seddie. The bickering still really isn't indicative of anything more than bickering to me.
    Yeah, like I say, it seems more realistic.

Nature9000

[139]Jun 17, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:

This is what I like to see! A Creddie/Seddie who admits to seeing a little something in another pairing as well!

crzza

[140]Jun 17, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:

This is what I like to see! A Creddie/Seddie who admits to seeing a little something in another pairing as well!
    Huh? You like to see people agree?