We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Creddie Discussion

marcdragicevic

[2541]Feb 6, 2013
    • level: 21
    The first draft of the scene where everyone laughs at Freddie, they cut out some cruel lines. Actually worst, considering the lines were quite cruel in the final draft.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MusicAddictBabe

[2542]Aug 22, 2013
    • level: 18
    I know this is way outdated, and I don't even think anyone comes on this forum anymore, but I was clicking around to view my past posts to see if the avatar I changed actually changed like it's supposed to (though, I see they either haven't fixed this still or I'm clearly doing something wrong).

And anyway, I noticed that I never saw this last post. I didn't know that they cut some cruel lines out of the final draft of iKiss. That's actually a relieving thought.

marcdragicevic

[2543]Aug 23, 2013
    This site does malfunction nearly every day for me. I know, I'm going to try and find them again. I'll post some of the cut out lines soonish.

teenj12

[2544]Aug 23, 2013
    • level: 26
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    This site does malfunction nearly every day for me. I know, I'm going to try and find them again. I'll post some of the cut out lines soonish.
    The teasing in iKiss was so unrealistically mean. Seems like the writers had way too much fun writing the teasing in that episode. I too wonder what lines were cut.

marcdragicevic

[2545]Aug 30, 2013
    The scary thing is, that's exactly what happens in high school around the world still.

I found the lines.

teenj12

[2546]Sep 3, 2013
    You did? Do you have a link?

marcdragicevic

[2547]Sep 4, 2013
    Yes, I'll get it in a moment.

teenj12

[2548]Sep 6, 2013
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Yes, I'll get it in a moment.
    Two days later .....

marcdragicevic

[2549]Sep 9, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/FWvyPuy.png - The closest to the actual script that made the cut.

http://i.imgur.com/flJejHL.png - Page 1/2

http://i.imgur.com/Smc0FYs.png - Page 2/2

http://i.imgur.com/y4dOBqC.png - Diff. Page 1/1

I tried posting the pictures, but you can't scroll across them on here.

Edited on 09/09/2013 7:17am

teenj12

[2550]Sep 16, 2013
    Wow...those were really mean. Especially the Janine parts.

marcdragicevic

[2551]Sep 27, 2013
    I can remember when I first read them, how bad they were. But now, they don't seem as awful while looking back at them. The line that made the cut wasn't that flash either.

MusicAddictBabe

[2552]Nov 26, 2013
    Hey, all! I've been busy with school, so, I haven't been on in awhile. So, I see they still haven't fixed the avatar thing yet. Yep. It's been a few months short of a year now and still nothing. What's with all these sites turning into social networking sites?! Youtube/Google Plus has been driving me nuts too. lol

Oh, wow. That's...that's just cruel. I'm glad those were cut. Sadly, though, that's almost how some kids are in middle school/early high school. Like, the way Freddie handled the situation by trying to bribe Janine to kiss him for money is not far off from what real people would do to get others to stop hurting their feelings and whatnot.

Honestly, though, it really does look like the writers had way too much fun writing this. I know it's a comedy, but I don't know, if I was still that age and watched that, my self confidence would've vanished. I know that sounds a bit drastic, but when I was fourteen, I tried to impress my classmates just so they wouldn't make fun of me. I don't think writers realize how much of an impact media makes on other people, especially teens and kids. I'm not saying that all shows should have obvious morals like in that one episode of Spongebob ("All That Glitters") where he clearly states near the end, "All that glitters...is not gold...." or the end of those episodes of that one Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon (30 seconds of advice from Sonic, which is perfect for kids), but at least show that it's not that big of a deal if you haven't been kissed in middle school.

Sorry about the rant. I've been working on this final presentation about anti-bullying, so, I'm really heated up about this. Like, stuff like this causes severe depression. Ok. I think I'm done now

MusicAddictBabe

[2553]Nov 26, 2013
    Sorry to double post, but I meant to post a link before and didn't want to edit it in because whenever I do, the format always gets messed up.

Here's what I was talking about with the Sonic episodes: http://youtu.be/eTHxnvHR6-8

marcdragicevic

[2554]Nov 27, 2013
    Hey

Youtube is def. the worst, what's up with the new comment section!?!?! Hate it.

Basically stealing, Freddie should have chased back after her afterwards.

There was a girl in my local area who was severely bullied which lead to her developing a few serious health conditions that she spent years fighting. Found out later that she went to the same 2 hospitals as me about a month after I did, so I almost met her. She posted a video on her tumblr saying how bullying affected her and how she didn't want to live, and it ended up making the news. Her parents started a 'No More Angels Lost To Bullying' campaign launched in her memory to spread the message. Her favourite band was haunted by what had happened and later wrote a song about her.