We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Creddie Discussion

marcdragicevic

[2521]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 21
    I've never liked Gibby, but always loved Cat and Sam. You have to wait until you've seen the pilot episode, before you judge about how Sam and Cat become roommates.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[2522]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 13
    True, I never judge a show completely until I see it in action. I've learned that over the years, as many shows that I did judge before seeing were actually great when I did give them a chance.

hurr05

[2523]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 10

Sam and Cat have more to their characters than Gibby does. All Gibby is is a guy who says weird things.

teenj12

[2524]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 26
    hurr05 wrote:

Sam and Cat have more to their characters than Gibby does. All Gibby is is a guy who says weird things.

Lol, so true

UnovaChampion

[2525]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 19
    I have trouble seeing how Cat is any more complex than Gibby, but Sam at least has some depth that was explored in iCarly that I can agree with you on. In fact, her being roommates with Cat has potential to ruin that development. But I digress. Gibby's character could vastly expand if given a chance and show of his own. Don't knock Gibby before you've seen it either.

hurr05

[2526]Dec 3, 2012

I'm sorry, but I really think that Gibby works best as a side character. Kinda like the Puss character in Shrek. Funny as hell in Shrek when he only says a few lines, but loses the effect when getting his own movie. It takes away the spark of the character; wondering what funny thing they're gonna say next.

UnovaChampion

[2527]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 19
    Gibby will have a new supporting cast to bounce off of. Which gives room for his humor to still be fresh.

"Puss in Boots" was a very well received and popular movie from what I'm aware of.

CaptainKrueger

[2528]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 5

I have a question. So does the new Sam and Cat show continue where their respective shows left off, or are the actresses playing new characters? Sorry, I'm a little iffy on this and no longer watch Nick.

Fireofnature

[2529]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 13
    Continues where left off Sam and Cat as the title ought to imply that they're the same characters. Judging also by the fact that there is a photo of the first episode with Sam on the motorcycle, it's implied that the show's time setting takes off close to the ending of iCarly

hurr05

[2530]Dec 4, 2012

I bet Freddie will make an appearance

CaptainKrueger

[2531]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 5

Fireofnature wrote:
    Continues where left off Sam and Cat as the title ought to imply that they're the same characters. Judging also by the fact that there is a photo of the first episode with Sam on the motorcycle, it's implied that the show's time setting takes off close to the ending of iCarly

Okay, thanks.

marcdragicevic

[2532]Dec 4, 2012
    They actually shot Sam's motorbike scene several days later for iCarly, while in the production of Sam and Cat.

hurr05

[2533]Dec 4, 2012

marcdragicevic wrote:
    They actually shot Sam's motorbike scene several days later for iCarly, while in the production of Sam and Cat.
    interesting. AAHHH i just wanna see the new show! xD

marcdragicevic

[2534]Dec 4, 2012
    I can't wait either, so excited for it. They didn't have time to shoot the motorbike scene, so that's why they had to shoot it later.

vanillacupcakes

[2535]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 16
    @Unova: I (respectfully) disagree with the pear store part, it was Freddie who was rude to Sam for no reason from the very beginning of the episode. He's rude to her in the very first scene, and keeps ripping on her to get her fired in the last scene. What do table manners have to do with selling electronics? Nothing. He got himself fired. Sam was obviously intentionally crawling under Freddie's skin, but all she was doing was being good at her job. It's not like Freddie was doing good work and Sam took the credit. Freddie should've done repair work. With business and most jobs, it's about having a good personality and not talking down on your customers/co-workers. It's not about rubbing into people's faces about your knowledge of technology. Freddie just really bothered me in that episode, so I apologize for ranting using your response. xP

But Sam has physically abused him for about 2 or 3 seasons, which isn't really funny. Dan kept thinking it's hilarious how a little girl can beat up guys for laughs. If Sam were a guy, it would be incredibly offensive to watch. It doesn't matter that you aren't supposed to take it seriously. It doesn't really make an excuse. That's like saying you wouldn't take Freddie and Carly's kiss seriously or the fist pump in iGoodbye. I don't really like saying that any person "deserves" this person or that person, hence why I keep putting it in quotes. A person's affection isn't a prize for being good. It should depend on compatibility and the affection being mutual. I'm tired of having the friendzoned guy thinking he deserves to be more than friends, because he's such a nice guy. No, the feelings should go both ways. But like you said, Freddie deserves a good relationship. I hate when people say that Sam "deserves" Freddie too. No, Freddie is different than a motorcycle. You can deserve a motorcycle, because it is an OBJECT. Freddie is a PERSON. If one person likes the other, the other shouldn't feel obliged to like the person back.That was my problem with the Seddie arc, with Creddie, and the whole shipping in the freaking show. Okay sorry, that was another rant.

I think if Sam can tolerate Gibby, Sam can also tolerate Cat. Jade doesn't mind Cat either, and Jade is pretty hateful and judgmental. I don't really know why everybody is so shocked at the two of them getting along. However, I think Cat will need another brain transplant to be a main character. In Victorious, she is not taken seriously and she has NO character development. She was only there as an opposite for the rest of them, and just for laughs. Jennette said in an interview that she talked with Dan about how to make her character more "likable". I think this should be Cat's problem, not Sam's. I don't think "Gibby" is happening. The pilot was filmed before Sam&Cat but I haven't heard anything about it. Yet, I hear tons of stuff in the media talking about S&C.

hurr05 wrote:

I bet Freddie will make an appearance

I doubt he will, but it sure seems like Dan is DYING for this to happen to boost ratings.

marcdragicevic

[2536]Dec 27, 2012
    Freddie did act weird in the Pear Store episode. He tends to become jealous at Sam at different times.

teenj12

[2537]Dec 27, 2012
    I wasn't feeling Freddie in iPear Store either. He was being really hateful to Sam.

MusicAddictBabe

[2538]Jan 7, 2013
    • level: 18
    These shows...they really over-dramatize a lot of things...especially with characters. I know it's Dan's thing and that could be what gets some ratings up. But sometimes it's a little much (like the iPear Store episode, the previously mentioned Victorious episodes, and UGH the Fred episode -_-).

Those were just some episodes we've been talking about on the forum lately. Another one that comes to mind, too, is iKiss (and, yes, I'm quite aware that it's a Seddie episode, but I'm hoping none of you really care that much). In that episode, Freddie's mocked for having never kissed someone, and he's so embarrassed that he would rather skip school and sit out on the fire escape every day. That's just sad. And I can honestly say nobody cares that much (and if they do, they're the ones with the problems). Though, I guess it does add to the overall story. I just never really cared for it that much.

teenj12

[2539]Jan 8, 2013
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    These shows...they really over-dramatize a lot of things...especially with characters. I know it's Dan's thing and that could be what gets some ratings up. But sometimes it's a little much (like the iPear Store episode, the previously mentioned Victorious episodes, and UGH the Fred episode -_-).

Those were just some episodes we've been talking about on the forum lately. Another one that comes to mind, too, is iKiss (and, yes, I'm quite aware that it's a Seddie episode, but I'm hoping none of you really care that much). In that episode, Freddie's mocked for having never kissed someone, and he's so embarrassed that he would rather skip school and sit out on the fire escape every day. That's just sad. And I can honestly say nobody cares that much (and if they do, they're the ones with the problems). Though, I guess it does add to the overall story. I just never really cared for it that much.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the mocking in iKiss. I hated that too. That is so far from real life. In real life, no one cares that much that a person hasn't kissed some one. I get its exaggeration, but it was also pretty cruel.

MusicAddictBabe

[2540]Jan 9, 2013
    • level: 18
    I even remember saying something like this on the iKiss discussion (I think), and everyone thought I was, like, out of my mind for saying that or something. I felt pretty dumb because I said something about how it shouldn't be that big of a deal that he'd never been kissed since I hadn't either. The people in that thread said stuff along the lines of "LOL I think it's pretty weird if someone's never been kissed by that age," and stuff like that (though, I might be exaggerating a little...I only remember the more offensive parts of the comments now). I was thinking, like, excuse me? For those of us who've never been kissed, it's not our faults. And at that age, it shouldn't even matter anyway.