We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Creddie Discussion

loey12886

[2481]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 10

hurr05 wrote:

I didn't see the whole final episode, but I did catch the ending. Apparently Freddie aka Sam to hook up again...what a douche you are Freddie. I'm sorry but how are you gonna date someone, break up, and then when the other girl you've had a major crush on is leaving, you try to get back together with your ex?! And I agree with the fact that Dan just made the two of them kiss to please both sides. That kind of annoys me; why trick everyone with the couples in the beginning if they won't end up together in the end?

Actually he asked Sam that before Carly ended up leaving with her dad. I'm sure if Carly was leaving at the beginning of the episode, he probably never would have asked Sam that. But then again who knows lol

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hurr05

[2482]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 10

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Everything came full circle. Also hurr, please watch the full episode before making stupid assumptions about Freddie, thank you.
    Here's a secret: the show ended. So anyone can pretty much make any assumption they want. Mkay, thanks.

marcdragicevic

[2483]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 21
    That line was just a tease or a "Hook, line and skinker" in other words by Dan to get more people talking.

UnovaChampion

[2484]Nov 27, 2012
    • level: 19
    Hurr, the fact that the show has ended does not make your assumption any less wrong, as someone who has watched all 109 episodes could tell you.

Fireofnature

[2485]Nov 27, 2012
    • level: 13

Regardless of who is right or who is wrong, seriously people get over it. It doesn't matter anymore, the show wasn't about shipping or what ship got what, let it rest already for pete's sake. I for one couldn't care any less about the shipping if I tried. From a psychological perspective, yeah Freddie did look a little bit like a jerk in some instances, but it doesn't matter.

As for "assumptions" everyone has his or her own opinion, no one stands a right to tell someone else that their own opinion of something is right or wrong and expect them to change it. If Freddie looked like an ass who couldn't decide what girl to go with to someone, then that's what he looked like to THAT person, even if it wasn't what it looked like to YOU. Understand? No one thinking is right, no one thinking is wrong.

Honestly, I think the episode would have been fine without either scene, to me both just seemed a tad out of place. That being said, neither Sam or Carly end up with Freddie anyway. So, I don't personally see why all the damned seddie and creddie shippers have to start bickering again especially now that the show is over. All that happened, to me, was Dan basically gave both shippers the big middle finger right then and there.

The point I'm trying to make is that the show was meant for entertainment value, not some romance flick that shipping fans could pick apart piece by piece and ruin it for all the people trying to enjoy the show for the show. To me, they never should have thrown any of that relationship stuff in, because the shipping fans ruined the quality of the show.

There's also a moral law in reality that says this "Do not date your best friend's sibling or your best friend's ex." To the more neutral fan not trying to watch the show for the shipping, Freddie can be seen as flipping back and forth between Carly, Sam, Carly, Sam, etc etc. That is wrong and unfair to both girls, and I think that's what the earlier poster was trying to point out. It is unfair, it messes with them, and stuff like that is known to ruin good friendships. Not to mention Freddie apparently didn't get over that crush on Carly, and it was clear that Sam knew that in one of the prior episodes, so likely she would have felt like shit. I mean how would you feel if the person you dated, you both actually said to the other that you 'loved' each other, then broke it off and that person jumped right back into that crush on your best friend that they were crushing on BEFORE even dating you? That would mess some people up

Edited on 11/27/2012 10:24pm

CaptainKrueger

[2486]Nov 28, 2012
    • level: 5

Don't people still sometimes fight over shippings from the original Avatar series? Or did that end long ago?

Fireofnature

[2487]Nov 28, 2012
    I think all the fanwar from the avatar series between Kataara/Aang and Kataara/Zuko is over. Sometimes it might have a tiny spark when someone mentions it, but I think people are over it, especially considering the new series now

teenj12

[2488]Nov 28, 2012
    • level: 26
    Fireofnature wrote:

There's also a moral law in reality that says this "Do not date your best friend's sibling or your best friend's ex." To the more neutral fan not trying to watch the show for the shipping, Freddie can be seen as flipping back and forth between Carly, Sam, Carly, Sam, etc etc. That is wrong and unfair to both girls, and I think that's what the earlier poster was trying to point out. It is unfair, it messes with them, and stuff like that is known to ruin good friendships. Not to mention Freddie apparently didn't get over that crush on Carly, and it was clear that Sam knew that in one of the prior episodes, so likely she would have felt like shit. I mean how would you feel if the person you dated, you both actually said to the other that you 'loved' each other, then broke it off and that person jumped right back into that crush on your best friend that they were crushing on BEFORE even dating you? That would mess some people up

I also think that Carly was being a little sluttish, by kissing Freddie, since he was going out with Sam.

CaptainKrueger

[2489]Nov 28, 2012

If it's so wrong for Carly to kiss Freddie, then why was it okay for Sam to date him when Carly dated him first? (If this subject has been discussed and I missed it, point me to it, please.)

Edit: Thanks for clearing that up, FON.

Edited on 11/28/2012 5:05pm

teenj12

[2490]Nov 28, 2012
    CaptainKrueger wrote:

If it's so wrong for Carly to kiss Freddie, then why was it okay for Sam to date him when Carly dated him first? (If this subject has been discussed and I missed it, point me to it, please.)

Edit: Thanks for clearing that up, FON.

I didn't say it was wrong, I said it was a little sluttish . Same can go for Sam dating Freddie too.

I find it kind of ridiculous how Dan keeps playing it back and forth, as FON was saying, but the show's over now. Although I figured that at the end no one would end up together.

Fireofnature

[2491]Nov 28, 2012

yeah that subject was discussed like a million pages ago. Again, it's just Teen's opinion, no reason to get defensive and start something over an opinion folks. Let's please keep this forum civil. Just a little notice BEFORE anything gets out of hand.

As for the particular subject, I think it was more like a hero worship thing than anything, but *shrug*. In all honesty, it doesn't even matter now, in my opinion. I still think they should have just avoided ships all together.

Edited on 11/28/2012 6:57pm

teenj12

[2492]Nov 28, 2012

Fireofnature wrote:

yeah that subject was discussed like a million pages ago. Again, it's just Teen's opinion, no reason to get defensive and start something over an opinion folks. Let's please keep this forum civil. Just a little notice BEFORE anything gets out of hand.

As for the particular subject, I think it was more like a hero worship thing than anything, but *shrug*. In all honesty, it doesn't even matter now, in my opinion. I still think they should have just avoided ships all together.

Yea, I think all shipping in the show should of ended after iTTK or at the very least iSYL. It got to be extremely annoying, thanks to some of the fans.

Edited on 11/28/2012 7:42pm

CaptainKrueger

[2493]Nov 28, 2012

Well, if the ships are big enough and the fans crazy enough... *shrug* Makes me glad that none of my other shows that I watch have these crazy shipping wars. (That I know of, of course.)

Edit: Actually, FON, regarding the hero worship, I totally agree with you. Even wrote a fic about it. One reason why I just gave up.

Edited on 11/28/2012 7:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.

teenj12

[2494]Nov 28, 2012
    CaptainKrueger wrote:

Well, if the ships are big enough and the fans crazy enough... *shrug* Makes me glad that none of my other shows that I watch have these crazy shipping wars. (That I know of, of course.)

^Agreed with this .

I can just picture a year or two from now. The same shipping wars occurring within Sam and Cat . I hope not xD.

CaptainKrueger

[2495]Nov 28, 2012

^ Exactly. I mean, if iCarly had these crazy wars, why wouldn't the Sam and Cat show have them? By the way, does that show have a name?

teenj12

[2496]Nov 28, 2012
    CaptainKrueger wrote:

^ Exactly. I mean, if iCarly had these crazy wars, why wouldn't the Sam and Cat show have them? By the way, does that show have a name?

Yea, its simply "Sam and Cat" .

Fireofnature

[2497]Nov 28, 2012
    We don't know any of the characters yet (Though there is a character named Melanie). I imagine Sam and Cat will obviously be the new "Cam" in fanfiction XD. Only time will tell if there will be crazed fans and fanwars with that...we'll just have to see what characters are there.

I honestly, though, don't think we'll see very often (If at all) the other actors from the other show. Carly, Freddie, Tori, Robbie, etc etc. I mean every spin off show I've ever seen focused only one one or two characters with the rest of the cast just completely absent. They may show up once in a blue moon, but rarely. (Look at Corey in the House, Raven only showed up in one or two episodes, and nobody else from That's So Raven ever showed up if I recall).

teenj12

[2498]Nov 28, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    We don't know any of the characters yet (Though there is a character named Melanie). I imagine Sam and Cat will obviously be the new "Cam" in fanfiction XD. Only time will tell if there will be crazed fans and fanwars with that...we'll just have to see what characters are there.

I honestly, though, don't think we'll see very often (If at all) the other actors from the other show. Carly, Freddie, Tori, Robbie, etc etc. I mean every spin off show I've ever seen focused only one one or two characters with the rest of the cast just completely absent. They may show up once in a blue moon, but rarely. (Look at Corey in the House, Raven only showed up in one or two episodes, and nobody else from That's So Raven ever showed up if I recall).
    Very true. I don't expect anyone from Victorious and iCarly to make many, if any appearances. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what characters will be on Sam and Cat and if there will be other main characters. Kind of ready for a new start .

marcdragicevic

[2499]Nov 28, 2012
    • level: 21
    There better not be any shipping wars with "Sam and Cat."

schillingklaus

[2500]Nov 28, 2012
    • level: 12

The shipping wars must go on, no matter what. There is no reason for stopping them.

I still keep on fighting with fire and sword against the perversity of Quogan, after four years.

Nothing will ever change that.