We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Creddie Discussion

marcdragicevic

[2421]Jan 11, 2012
    • level: 21
    Fireofnature wrote:

CaptainKrueger wrote:

^Lolz, I think he's adorable.

I hope you're a female, for the record.

Okay Marc, let's clean up some of the old argument posts in this thread. Just making a notation to all Seddie's and Creddie's, with Marc as new editor, let's keep in mind that we now have law back in here. No bashing any PEOPLE or the other ship, or generating arguments. Keep it civilized, both are allowed to talk to each other, but keep it CIVIL. Thanks.

Thanks, yeah I will try and clean up some posts in this thread.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

loey12886

[2422]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 10

I'm curious if anyone has any updates on Creddie at all for the new season

Fireofnature

[2423]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 13
    loey12886 wrote:

I'm curious if anyone has any updates on Creddie at all for the new season

Yeah, it's about as dead as the other possible ships that everyone fantasizes about....

loey12886

[2424]Apr 12, 2012

This ship isn't dead until the show ends. Maybe you think it is, but I still like to think that there's still some spoilers for them in the near future.

Edited on 04/12/2012 7:36am

CaptainKrueger

[2425]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 5

^It'd be nice if there would be some, but I don't think it will happen. Creddie just seems...well, like others (and I) have said, dead... Nice while it lasted, though.

(And I changed my picture so people won't have to wonder about my gender. )

loey12886

[2426]Apr 24, 2012

well it seems that Freddie has a crush on Carly again after watching this past episode so I wouldn't give up on them yet.

Fireofnature

[2427]May 2, 2012
    Yeah I'm finding Freddie to be a swapping asshole now. I mean there's a point where I actually do like how he's gone about having a crush on her NOW whereas it was creepy at the start because he had that stalker type tendency that just made it creepy as hell, so this is more charm/innocence to it......but honestly.........to date Carly, then to date Sam, then to want to go to Carly, god the mental crap that's going to put the girls through (Or at least it would in reality, Freddie's still a jerk there), you don't just do that to two best friends, screw around with them like that. Honestly, I think he should be punched out for that, assuming anything happens there, and that's just my two cents. I mean it might be acceptable if it wasn't like so close to breaking up with Sam, if it was like a year or two later......that's just my opinion on the matter

vanillacupcakes

[2428]May 12, 2012
    • level: 16
    ^I agree SO much. This is really frustrating. For God's sake, just PICK ONE. To flip back and forth between two best friends is a real jerk move on his part. Now if he ends up with Carly or Sam he will still seem like a jerk. I am okay with him liking Carly again, but if Dan wanted to do a Creddie route he should have not done iOMG or the Seddie arc at all. Dan said himself "It's not about the relationships; it's about the comedy, blahblahblah". If he truly believed that, he shouldn't be trying to cater to both Creddie and Seddie fans by switching back and forth. There's a point where he needs to pick a straight route and get actual relationship development. There is only one season left at the most. I bet the endgame relationship won't even be worth all of this nonsense. Now I don't even want Freddie with either of the girls. Carly and Sam are better off without him. The chase is fun for awhile, but after a certain point it gets tiring and almost boring.

Fireofnature

[2429]May 15, 2012
    Yeah I agree, I've still, at least for a long time, want him to just end up with a girl that isn't them. I've passed the point of caring. You don't just flip between two friends, like you said, it looks bad on you in the long run, the whole dating Carly and then dating Sam kind of takes the joy and genuine feel of relationships out to the point that if he DID wind up with either of them again, it wouldn't feel right. It would just feel faked, dishonest, and just bland.

teenj12

[2430]May 18, 2012
    • level: 26
    Plus Carly and Sam will both look like tramps, going w/ Freddie after he dated the other. I mean that Creddie relationship in iSYL was short, meaningless, and a long time ago. It was okay basically for Sam to date him I think, but it ruins Creddie, cause Freddie and Sam were in a genuinely committed relationship already, then Carly dates him again? It won't look right on all of them. I have noticed they seem to be pushing Gibby to Carly (iCTI for example w/ the dog thing).

Fireofnature

[2431]May 21, 2012
    Exactly. Victorious put it in perspective with their recent episode, I was SO PROUD of Tori for not kissing Beck when he was going in (lost respect for him though), because it shows EXACTLY what I'm talking about right here. You just don't do that sort of thing to a friend. A guy that would do that is most likely going to be looking like an asshole/chump and the girl that goes along with it will be, as teen said, seen as a tramp.

vanillacupcakes

[2432]May 31, 2012
    ^Oh yeah, I NEVER thought I would gain respect for Tori or like her at all. Too bad I had to lose my respect for Beck for this to happen. I think what happened on Victorious is a good sign for Dan Schneider shows. Dan knows darn well you can't just hook up with your friend's ex (I was questioning if he knew that or not before that episode). Carly and Sam are closer friends than Tori and Jade. In any show where that happens, the person always asks for the person's blessing...somewhere along the lines of "Is it okay to date him/her? Do you still like him/her?" I have confidence that Dan will either do something like that for iCarly and Victorious or not have it happen at all. I have a little bit more confidence in him now. It doesn't take away the fact that Freddie is an indecisive jerk and Beck is an emotionless douche, but at least the girls on both shows don't seem like skanks. (side note: Carly still seems a little shallow with her interest in guys; we need to fix that soon with another love interest, kthanks).

teenj12

[2433]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 26

I would have never guesssed that BECK could be so douchy. He was ACTUALLY trying to convince Tori to kiss him to get back at Jade.

Diamondgrl13

[2434]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 6
    teenj12 wrote:

I would have never guesssed that BECK could be so douchy. He was ACTUALLY trying to convince Tori to kiss him to get back at Jade.

I don't think he's real motive was to get back at Jade. I think he just genuinely has a thing for Tori..and now that he's finally free, he can act on it. I think his comment about how Tori and Jade "aren't really friends" was more of a justification on her end, because she was the one bringing Jade up.

vanillacupcakes

[2435]Jun 18, 2012
    ^I definitely agree, but I still think he's a jerk. It's like he doesn't understand the concept of dating ex's friends, so Tori has to tell him about it. Or maybe he doesn't understand how to take people's emotions into consideration, since he doesn't have any himself. Seriously, all Beck does is STAND THERE. Haha, maybe this is turning into a complaint about how much Beck bores me, even when he tries to be interesting by being a "jerk".

Diamondgrl13

[2436]Jun 18, 2012

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    ^I definitely agree, but I still think he's a jerk. It's like he doesn't understand the concept of dating ex's friends, so Tori has to tell him about it. Or maybe he doesn't understand how to take people's emotions into consideration, since he doesn't have any himself. Seriously, all Beck does is STAND THERE. Haha, maybe this is turning into a complaint about how much Beck bores me, even when he tries to be interesting by being a "jerk".
    Haha! Yeah...you do kind of have a point there. I mean, I'm kinda on the fence about whether it's right for him to go after Tori, cuz I mean, he and Jade ARE broken up, and Tori and Jade AREN'T really friends, so I'm not sure I see how that's so wrong..on the other hand..something about it does come off a little jerky. Idk why. But he definitely does just "stand there"...it's kinda like he gives off this "I'm so pretty and I know it so I'll just hang around all cool and let people stare and drool over me" kind of vibe. And yes, I did say "pretty" and not "hot" because I think it's more accurate, lol. But that's just me. Gosh, that makes it sound like I hate Beck, doesn't it?? For the record, I DON'T hate Beck! Haha. I just think he's a little...well, yeah, I kinda covered that already. But I still feel like the character is essentially a good guy, just maybe a little full of himself is all. Don't any Beck-lovers start throwing things at me!!

Fireofnature

[2437]Jun 19, 2012
    The concept of wrong is usually defined as, if you feel in your gut/heart that it's wrong, then it is most likely wrong. What may or may not feel wrong to us may be wrong for someone else. In that instance it would seem Tori felt it was wrong, so for her, it was.

vanillacupcakes

[2438]Jun 20, 2012

Well, just because Beck didn't THINK it was wrong(it doesn't seem like he knows any better), it could still be considered "wrong" by somebody else's standards. I personally would give more leeway for people who feel guilty than people who don't care who they are affecting. However, in this case I don't think he's heartless...just clueless. I don't really hate him either, since he does give good advice and do good things(doing the stunt for Tori, keeping Jade in line, etc). I just think he's boring and pointless, and I DID lose my respect for him in Tori Goes Platinum. But I don't hate him.

Even though I was kind of kidding, I don't think Beck takes Jade's emotions into consideration, because I don't think he really realizes how much he has affected her. It's not really his fault; he didn't see her face when Tori was jumping all over him in Tori Goes Platinum and Jade is trying to convince him that she's over him(f.e. lying and saying she's on a date). I think he underestimates Tori and Jade's friendship. He wasn't there for any of Jade's vulnerable moments that Tori helped her with(The Wok Star and Jade Dumps Beck closet scenes come to mind). They really do support each other in secret, so the other characters don't know. Freddie isn't a clueless person...he understands Carly and Sam a lot. Obviously Carly and Sam have a known and strong friendship. I know he wouldn't mess with their feelings and make them competitive ala iSaw Him First. I never found him to be the type of person who flips back and forth between two best friends.

I really want that line in iOAR to be mentioned again or it will bug me as the most random thing ever. It wasn't even a funny line like the "If you're in love with me just say so. Nyehhh". It's something that I would legitimately consider a major Creddie "moment" that needs continuation.

Edited on 06/20/2012 1:42am

MusicAddictBabe

[2439]Jun 20, 2012
    • level: 18
    VC - That's what I was thinking! I thought it was kind of odd that Tori had to explain to him how dating an ex's friend worked...though, I guess it's ok since Tori and Jade aren't really "friends-friends". haha He really doesn't show much emotion. The moment he bursts out laughing or freaks out about something, I think I might be taken aback...or I might just die lol.

Diamondgirl - He is kind of like that pretty boy in school. He does kinda just stand there lol. But you basically summed up my thoughts. I don't really hate Beck, but he's not really my favorite. Mainly because he has no emotion so I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to take him haha.

I agree with the whole "jerky Beck" thing. I liked him up until that point. The reason being that it kind of was a jerkish move on his part. First of all, in my opinion, I think it's kind strange that he'd try to go after someone else in the group after he just broke up with Jade. The only leeway I give for this is that no one knows exactly how long ago they broke up or any details about it or that sort of thing (unless I missed an episode...which is quite possible haha). Secondly, it's one thing to flirt with Tori but to convince her to kiss him by reminding her how awful Jade is to her is kind of mean. I mean, I may be wrong, but if my ex-boyfriend went after one of my frienemies and told her about what I did to her whether she knew it or not...I'd lose any respect I had left for him.

But anyway, up until this point, I was completely fine with him because, for the most part, he's kind-hearted, helps everyone in the group out, is completely laid-back, and seems like one of those guys who'd do anything to keep the girls in the group safe (not sure exactly how to expand on that one except that it's kind of like this guy friend I have who hangs out with all of us girls and you just know by the way he is that he'd do just about anything and would help us if we needed it). He's like the peace-keeper of the group and I remember thinking how I wish more guys could be like him (SIDENOTE: trust me, I'm not like all those girls who think that every guy on this planet is horrible just because of some awful breakup they had or something like that...I hate it when girls complain about that...it makes us look bad).

I don't hate Beck. He's really not that bad. I just lost some of my respect for him. And I also feel like Tori and Jade are closer friends than they give off. Almost like a love/hate kinda thing. Jade gives off that she really doesn't like Tori, but I think in the long run, she really doesn't mind her all that much. And I think that they're friendship is growing stronger. And I think Jade also has a lot of respect for Tori since Tori has helped her out a lot and especially after watching Tori's reaction to how Beck tried to kiss her.

Sorry about that rant, folks. Please don't hate me! D=

Diamondgrl13

[2440]Jun 21, 2012
    Yeah, I get what you guys are saying. Beck is kind of clueless, haha. And @vanillacupcakes is right, he doesn't seem to understand how much he affects Jade and how much she cares for him-not that that's really his fault because her way of showing it is..well...demented, lol. I mean, he IS a guy, you kinda gotta spell things out for them sometimes! ;-) And @MusicAddictBabe, I agree, Jade & Tori's relationship is growing stronger. But it's still not anything either of them would ever admit to anyone-even themselves! So I don't think it can really count for much until they're willing to stand up and admit it, you know?