We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Creddie Discussion

CaptainKrueger

[2501]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 5

There will always be shipping wars so long as there are crazy people who can't tolerate other peoples' opinions... Wait... That's just human nature. XP

Yeah, as for spin offs, it is true that most of the old characters don't return. Though Scrubs did have a handful of old characters return... Still, that's not usually the norm.

Edit: Lol, schilling, fire and sword. Do you have a hobby, good man?

Edited on 11/29/2012 4:22am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[2502]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 13
    There should be some maturity at least so as fanwars can be avoided. Shipper fans have to learn to coexist, basically. Many many shows are capable of this XD

CaptainKrueger

[2503]Nov 29, 2012

Maturity is hard to come by when shows such as iCarly has a lot of young people making up the fanbase. Meh, in a perfect world, there would be no ship wars. XD

Fireofnature

[2504]Nov 29, 2012
    Haha yeah that is true, only in a perfect world. It would be nice if we didn't have to deal with ship wars. Really though, again, does make you wonder what'll happen with Sam and Cat. Gibby's new show as well, though really I don't think anyone's heard much of that spin off, Sam and Cat has overshadowed it pretty well. I'll see it just to see what happens to him after iCarly's end, kind of like a whole aftermath thing XD

teenj12

[2505]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 26
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Haha yeah that is true, only in a perfect world. It would be nice if we didn't have to deal with ship wars. Really though, again, does make you wonder what'll happen with Sam and Cat. Gibby's new show as well, though really I don't think anyone's heard much of that spin off, Sam and Cat has overshadowed it pretty well. I'll see it just to see what happens to him after iCarly's end, kind of like a whole aftermath thing XD
    ^Lol this. I can see the [i]Gibby[i] having a short/moderate run, similar to Victorious, meanwhile Sam and Cat will probably enjoy a longer run, much life iCarly.

hurr05

[2506]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 10

THANK YOU FON for showing everyone that everyone has their own opinions and they should be respected.

Now as for "Gibby", I'm sorry, but I can't see this show as being successful for a long period of time. I can imagine that Guppy will be there saying "happy birthday" repeatedly, and I can see it getting old REALLY fast. Sam and Cat...I can see it being pretty good, because these are both good characters from two good shows. A ditzy but innocent girl meets the feisty, violent, and impatient blonde. Should be interesting

teenj12

[2507]Nov 29, 2012
    hurr05 wrote:

THANK YOU FON for showing everyone that everyone has their own opinions and they should be respected.

Now as for "Gibby", I'm sorry, but I can't see this show as being successful for a long period of time. I can imagine that Guppy will be there saying "happy birthday" repeatedly, and I can see it getting old REALLY fast. Sam and Cat...I can see it being pretty good, because these are both good characters from two good shows. A ditzy but innocent girl meets the feisty, violent, and impatient blonde. Should be interesting

^This .

Fireofnature

[2508]Nov 29, 2012
    I agree, I don't think 'Gibby' will be all that popular. Sam and Cat, the concept reminds me of this skit I did with a buddy of mine back in high school theater class. We were assigned The Odd Couple. Two guys renting an apartment, one a bit sloppy and aggressive of sorts and the other was a neat freak and 'polite'. We had to do a monologue, but it was based off the one with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ZvO26hP7M

teenj12

[2509]Nov 29, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    I agree, I don't think 'Gibby' will be all that popular. Sam and Cat, the concept reminds me of this skit I did with a buddy of mine back in high school theater class. We were assigned The Odd Couple. Two guys renting an apartment, one a bit sloppy and aggressive of sorts and the other was a neat freak and 'polite'. We had to do a monologue, but it was based off the one with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ZvO26hP7M
    That's really cool .

marcdragicevic

[2510]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 21
    Yeah, I can't imagine any major shipping wars for the show "Gibby."

hurr05

[2511]Nov 30, 2012

Gibby's grandpa will probably have a strong role in the show.

teenj12

[2512]Nov 30, 2012
    hurr05 wrote:

Gibby's grandpa will probably have a strong role in the show.

Ohhh goodness. Idk how to feel about that. He was alright in iGAHR, but sort of annoying in iSAFW.

marcdragicevic

[2513]Nov 30, 2012
    • level: 21
    I loved Gibby's grandpa especially with the drive-thru in "iStart a Fan War."

CaptainKrueger

[2514]Nov 30, 2012

Gibby's getting a show...? I did not know that. Well...

Fireofnature

[2515]Dec 1, 2012
    CaptainKrueger wrote:

Haha yeah, that's the reaction of pretty much everyone at this point. Sam and Cat has overshadowed Gibby in the news of nick and so forth.

hurr05

[2516]Dec 1, 2012

Fireofnature wrote:
    CaptainKrueger wrote:

Haha yeah, that's the reaction of pretty much everyone at this point. Sam and Cat has overshadowed Gibby in the news of nick and so forth.
    Yeah, because Gibby is just...no. LOL he's not cute anymore (cute as in adorable). He's all old, with a deep voice, and he's so tall and stocky...just no.

teenj12

[2517]Dec 1, 2012
    hurr05 wrote:

Fireofnature wrote:
    CaptainKrueger wrote:

Yeah, because Gibby is just...no. LOL he's not cute anymore (cute as in adorable). He's all old, with a deep voice, and he's so tall and stocky...just no.

Lmao Hurr XDDDDDDD you sound like my sister .

vanillacupcakes

[2518]Dec 1, 2012
    • level: 16

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Harry Potter ship wars are still going on...I don't see iCarly's ending any time soon. It's so weird that a kid's comedy show has this intense shipping fandom and it blows my mind I was a part of it at one point.

To me, Freddie looked like a douche and I do think both Carly and Sam are too good for Freddie. Just because Freddie is persistent and a nice friend for years, doesn't mean he "deserves" a kiss. Carly turned him down in the pilot, so there's no reason he should be hitting on her in the 2nd episode. Just respect Carly's answer and cut it out.He did stop doing that after awhile, but replaced that attitude with a "flipping back and forth between girls" perspective. Also, I feel like he was okay with a kiss rather than a relationship....which seems really player-ish to me. So no, I don't think he deserved a kiss. It seems to me Dan only wanted parallels and things to come in full circle with the pilot episode and not everything in between.

I'm not for slut-shaming, so I wouldn't call Carly a slut. I blame Freddie more than Carly. I do however think it's not a "good friend" thing to do. Carly was SO upset when Sam and Freddie didn't tell her they kissed, even when they said they only "did it to do it". So even if Carly and Freddie just "did it to do it", why didn't she tell Sam? Sam KNOWS Freddie had a crush on Carly in iOAR so I would find it suspicious if Sam was in a relationship with him either. If Sam said "Yes" to the phone conversation without even mentioning the thing he has for Carly, then I would side eye Sam too. Basically, no matter what, it would feel weird. Dan should have left it out altogether.

Gibby is not likable. He hasn't been likable in ages. Stop pushing Gibby. Nobody likes him anymore. Grrrrr. I don't think I'll watch "Gibby", but tbh I don't think it got greenlit.

Edited on 12/01/2012 8:00pm

Fireofnature

[2519]Dec 1, 2012

Yeah I actually just did a oneshot "Sam's Goodbye" which basically deals with Sam making the decision to move to LA. Deals with all this stuff. I agree Freddie shouldn't have become the type of guy to go back and forth, Dan should have done that better in my opinion.

The whole ship war thing turned me off of shipping for the most part, but separate things turned me off of either ship. Having dealt and counseled people who have been through certain situations, I just was really morally disturbed by first season Freddie's "stalker" type manner. It really turned me off of Creddie, to be honest. I know some don't think that was stalking, but I know some people that also think otherwise, it varies from person to person, but when it comes to spying on someone through the peephole....that's just creepy. I was glad when he grew out of that. My ex killed Seddie for me altogether. That, and, being an author I pride myself on trying to look into the emotions and feelings of characters and to sympathize, and I came to figure that Sam might feel a little put off by Freddie's back and forth with Carly.

Not to mention Sam has had a guy try to cheat on her with Carly, she's seen Carly come in before her various times, she deserves a guy that ISN'T going to make her the "second fiddle" which is what I did with my oneshot. She was upset about being second fiddle, finding out Freddie kissed Carly and then promptly asked her out (Cat and Tori, on Skype, looked up Freddie's facebook to find he'd hid a status from Carly and Sam, saying he coudln't get with Carly so he was asking out his old girlfriend). So Carly, Cat, and tori convinced her to start off fresh. I really do think Sam and Carly can do much better than a guy who is just fickle and can't make up his mind.

Honestly, I've always been a bigger fan of Carly's and Sam's friendship. Even in the oneshot I wrote, Sam doesn't get overly angry with Carly and the two are said to remain good friends. But yeah. The whole fanwar thing is just crap.

Edited on 12/01/2012 9:19pm

UnovaChampion

[2520]Dec 2, 2012
    • level: 19
    Freddie is probably too good for Carly and Sam anyways, they both can be undeserving brats when you think about it. Sam constantly abuses Freddie when he does nothing wrong, like in the pear phone episode when he was surrounded by idiots (Freddie abuse not funny) and Carly uses Freddie's feelings for her any time she finds it convenient. Freddie is just too much of a good person, maybe he can find someone worthy of him while the webshow's down for a bit.

And I can't wait for Gibby to get greenlit, much better concept than "Sam and Cat", seriously both are still in high school and are suddenly roommates? What would cause Cat to move in with Sam. The whole premise is completely unrealistic and is a cheap way to get 2 "fan faves" together for an attempt at a ratings hit. And will the characters from their previous cast be completely ignored, make cameos, or be referenced? If they were going to pull this it should've been when they went to college. Now Gibby is a year behind the iCarly gang in age, right? So what he's doing makes plenty of sense, teaching the youth important lessons in Gibbyness. Besides, everybody likes Gibby, wheras Cat is usually too stupid, and Sam is usually too aggressive and her shtick got old too fast.