We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Creddie Discussion

teenj12

[2441]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 26
    I do definently think that Jade was being a real nasty b ___h in that episode. Glad she was able to say to herself, what she was doing to Tori (taking her spot in the performance) was wrong. That's what made up for her ugly attitude all episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[2442]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 16
    I think Jade redeemed herself more than Beck did. Jade has always had issues with Tori outshining her and everybody admiring Tori's talent(even though everyone is better than her, but whatever). I would say Jade was better in this episode than the Steamboat Suzie one. I actually question and feel bad that she desperately wants to replace her and is would be satisfied if she did. Wouldn't she feel bad that she's second best? It's like, "Oh...Tori can't do it anymore, you're our second choice. You aren't as good as her, but since she can't do it, it's yours. Bummer." Not that her behavior is excusable, but I just wasn't that surprised is all. I always think maybe it's just a flaw that will go away as character development in later seasons. Although lately, Jade will randomly be downright vicious for no reason or be bizarre as hell. Why is she nice and normal in one episode...but then about to kill Tori in her car a few episodes later?? I don't get these characters at all. I miss the old episodes when the characters were a little more consistent. Idk...I think Victorious got a lottt worse than before. The only thing that's better is Tori(I guess) and there's less Rex. Oh, and Andre.

MusicAddictBabe

[2443]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 18
    Sorry, guys, I'm flippin' stupid. I was looking around to see what episodes I really have missed and realized I never saw the Worst Couple episode where they actually do break up. I have seen some of the episodes between the two episodes, but when I saw them (namely Andre's Horrible Girl), it was after I saw TGP...and must be I got slighly confused that day thinking that that episode came after the "Platinum" special. So...yeah. I'm dumb xP We did see how and when they broke up...just I didn't and lack the ability to accurately backup my arguments apparently haha.

Anyway, I may go back and edit that part out of my above comment later. I just wanted to get on super-quick just in case people noticed that in my reply and started to nag me about it (FYI, I haven't looked at any comments yet...I'm sort of hurrying). I'll get back to you all later when I have more time!

marcdragicevic

[2444]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 21
    Geez, everyone is having a go at Beck. He has suddenly turned into the nicest guy in the world to a world villain by the sounds of it. I haven't seen the episode yet where Beck tries to kiss Tori. Very unlike Beck.

teenj12

[2445]Jun 26, 2012
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I think Jade redeemed herself more than Beck did. Jade has always had issues with Tori outshining her and everybody admiring Tori's talent(even though everyone is better than her, but whatever). I would say Jade was better in this episode than the Steamboat Suzie one. I actually question and feel bad that she desperately wants to replace her and is would be satisfied if she did. Wouldn't she feel bad that she's second best? It's like, "Oh...Tori can't do it anymore, you're our second choice. You aren't as good as her, but since she can't do it, it's yours. Bummer." Not that her behavior is excusable, but I just wasn't that surprised is all. I always think maybe it's just a flaw that will go away as character development in later seasons. Although lately, Jade will randomly be downright vicious for no reason or be bizarre as hell. Why is she nice and normal in one episode...but then about to kill Tori in her car a few episodes later?? I don't get these characters at all. I miss the old episodes when the characters were a little more consistent. Idk...I think Victorious got a lottt worse than before. The only thing that's better is Tori(I guess) and there's less Rex. Oh, and Andre.
    I see with you mean, but as you said, I think its a flaw in character development. A lot of characters on the show could use a little bit of that, which I hope they recieve as the show goes along. I just want some consistency in Jade and Tori's relationship/friendship as all, which I had hoped "Tori and Jade's Playdate" would have done. Oh and don't even get me started on how mean Jade was in the steamboat suzy episode.

MusicAddictBabe

[2446]Jul 20, 2012
    DiamondGirl - I know what you mean. That's true.

VC - Heck, even I get annoyed with Tori always upstaging everybody (I sort of understand how Jade feels...sort of), like, I know she's the main character, but everything is about how she can "save the day" with her music and acting and whatnot. So, when there's an episode where she duets with one of the other girls (or Andre) or that revolves around one of the other characters and something going well for them, I really like it. Actually, besides Trina, Tori's probably one of my least favorites. The only thing I really like about her is that she is there for her friends all the time which is sweet. I actually thought it was kind of funny when Tori brought her Jade and Cat in when she went to see what's-his-face (seriously, I forgot his name...it's late and I'm tired lol) and Jade's like, "Yeah, I'm the one that you didn't pick, remember?" Like, come on, dude. I feel kind of bad for her because she could've been practicing for days and Tori just sings in front of the camera last minute and gets chosen. I guess that's life sometimes, but still. Is this also the episode where Tori begs Andre to stay and help her out but he doesn't want to because it's his grandfather's birthday or something? Because if it is, I have a huge problem with that -_- In a slight sense, Jade's behavior is like Sam's - she does something harsh for a reason and just when you think she's starting to change, she does something brutal for no reason at all (other than that, they're really not that similar). Somehow, though, Jade is my favorite character. I think it's because even though she's mean and kinda creepy sometimes, she's still pretty cool. And the way she taunts Tori is just funny and different than the way the stereotypical "mean girl" would be (like when she mocks Tori in the voice she doesn't have).

I know what you're saying about the episodes getting worse and I've also noticed how they have less Rex. Rex just makes things funny. But, lately, it's more about Robbie having a crush on Cat so Rex's just not there. Let me map out a typical (new) episode in the following way:
    It's about Tori (hurr durr go figure)....Trina figures out where the gang is going or what they're doing, find out they'll be in front of some sort of cameras or celebrities and finds a way to sneak in. Robbie tries his hardest to impress Cat who's perky and optimistic as always. Jade will hang out with Tori because she can at least tolerate her unless Beck is one of the only other ones there, in which case, they both kinda hang around awkwardly. And Andre is just Andre...he's still cool in all his Andre...ness...but, honestly, I haven't seen enough episodes yet to see any trend in his character. Actually, he seems more like a side-character in the group and hasn't really had much of a huge role otherwise (except if the episode is based on him, obviously).
    Honestly, this is how I perceive one each of the characters in the newer episodes.

Ok, I'm too lazy to look it up right now...could someone please refresh my memory on what the Steamboat Suzie episode is? I know I've seen it but can't put the title to the episode.

IMO, btw, Jade and Cat sing way better than Tori does. Not trying to start anything, but almost every song that only Tori sings I flippin' hate.

vanillacupcakes

[2447]Jul 28, 2012

Aw, I like Trina. She's good comedic relief. They should do more for her character though, they don't really give her any character development or substance, so it just makes her seem outright narcissistic and ridiculous at times. She's the butt of the joke too much now. I gained a lot of respect for Tori in "Tori Goes Platinum"(I think that was the name you forgot? I'm not sure though), but she doesn't really play a good straight man. She's always the moral ground and ughh yes she always saves the day! I mean, I normally would be okay with it, but she saves the day by SINGING. It's not like Carly, who will resolve things by actually talking to Sam about being nicer to Freddie. Tori just sings a song and ta-da! Everything's okay now! For example, the conflict will be that Andre gets a bad grade. So Tori just sings the SAME song and he gets an A. Even though she has a good heart, they make it seem like her "magic" singing voice (that sounds worse than all of her costars) is more important. I totally understand Jade's frustration. I also think Jade got a horrible first impression of Tori as well. She basically walked in on Tori rubbing her boyfriend and staring into his eyes. I think that was the moment she "hated" Tori. I can see how Tori/Beck as a relationship would hurt her.

Sam has definitely improved with her harshness. I made a post about how after the breakup she's just awesome. She basically only is violent to people to defend others and hasn't insulted/been mean to anybody. I hope Jade does the same. I honestly think she would be best with Beck, because he helped her from getting too out of control. It was the one sort of interesting/good thing about him. I think Tori and Beck could really help push her character development the way Freddie and Carly did for Sam.

I guess Rex to you is like how Trina is to me. I can't stand Rex. I like Robbie so much better when he isn't with Rex, even when he is just hitting on Cat. At least Robbie is sweet when he's flirting with Cat. If Rex was a real person, he'd seem like such a douche.

I don't think it's you. I've seen every episode now(I think) and Andre hasn't done much. That's sad to me, because I really like his character. In the pilot, it seemed like Andre would have a big part in the series. Also the Tori/Andre plots went away. They're so focused on the Tori/Beck/Jade thing. I would have thought that Andre would be the one who would be there for Tori during her "image changing" crisis, not Beck. But of course, that interferes with the new shipping wars Dan is trying to pull out. Gotta bring out the drama by having Beck there instead. -_- He's just a chill guy and not super quirky or weird, so they don't do much with him. Yet he isn't "good looking" like Beck to have people plots about people fawning over him.

The steamboat Suzy one was where Tori got the lead in the musical and Jade was the understudy(surprise, surprise, Jade is second fiddle again). Jade was jealous, so she tried to come up with all these schemes to make Tori unable to be Suzy. She got ways for Tori to keep donating blood for Robbie so Tor couldn't be Suzy anymore.

I think everybody sings better than her. I choose to believe that this is because everybody is there for a main focus. Sort of like their major. Jade is studying at Hollywood Arts for directing and writing dark dramas, Cat is for costume design and makeup, Andre is for songwriting, Robbie is for....ventriloquism?, and Beck is for acting. Tori's is singing, so she sings most of the songs. This is what I choose to believe. I don't care that Tori is the main character and she can't be accidentally upstaged by her sidekicks, this ruins the plot for me!

marcdragicevic

[2448]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 21
    Robbie to me is just an average student at the school, he doesn't exactly have a strong focus like the others. More like a all-rounder, he is good at everything. Tori and Robbie did get the 2 top scores on this exam.

teenj12

[2449]Aug 16, 2012
    Here is what I think:

Tori and Andre: Singing/Music

Beck, Cat, and Jade: Acting

Robbie: Tech

Trina: Not sure

MusicAddictBabe

[2450]Aug 16, 2012
    VC - I feel like if they had done more character development with Trina, I would like her a lot more. Tori saving the day gets really old really fast. I understand she's the main character, but, come on. When she has to sing to get her or her friends out of a mess, I often think, 'Well, wait. The rest of them can sing...so...what the heck...why couldn't one of them do it?' I do appreciate her a little bit more, but that's just kind of lame. I mean, she isn't that great at singing. And I'm not saying that to be mean. What I'm saying is that no one's so great at singing that every person he/she runs into will be ultimately flattered by his/her singing abilities. That's like saying I'm a so good at drawing that whenever my friends get into a tight situation (such as, not being able to pay for a meal or not being able to draw in some weird karaoke-equivalent drawing contest), I'll come to save the day by drawing a cute picture of an animal doing something that meets the authorities' interests (like, dogs sitting around a table eating gourmet food - resembling that of the "Dogs Playing Poker" painting - or making myself look totally unlike an artist or something then drawing an amazing picture of a tiger). For one thing, everyone would probably hate me. For another thing, people would get too used to it. And, btw, I am in no way bragging about my drawing skills. I can draw animals (especially cats and dogs), but I'm not that great.

Oh, and the point you made about Andre maybe getting a bad grade for a song and Tori singing the same song and she automatically get an A...you're so right. And it's a bit ridiculous. It's like the only one who matters at all is Tori. And I'm glad you pointed out how they make her seem like she has a magic-singing voice. I completely agree. Like I said before I'm not trying to be mean and I'm really not trying to start anything with any Tori fans, but I don't particularly care for her singing. Just...no.

I'm glad that Sam eased up. I need to start watching iCarly again.

You've got a point about Rex. He'd be a real jerk, now that I think about it. I kind of feel bad for Robbie. In fact, I always feel bad for the nerdy kid because being a nerd isn't that bad. I'd rather date a nerd than a jock who thinks he's all hot-stuff. Robbie may not be my all-time favorite, but he's not bad. He's sweet and he has that kind of personality where if he went up to Cat, I could see him saying/thinking something like, "Would you be my girlfriend? I promise to be nice to you and respect you and love you every day! And if it doesn't work out, you can throw me out on the curb. But one thing's for sure, I will never do anything to hurt you in anyway."

Andre's my fave I feel really bad because I feel like a lot of these characters never really had any type of character development. And now it's ending so we have to deal with what we have. Stupid shipping wars. Tori and Andre's friendship is cool. Whenever I watch one of their episodes, I always wish that I had a great guy friend like that.

Oh, ok. Now I know what episode you're talking about. I thought that episode was waaaaay too dramatic. And I mean dramatic like in a real-life situation, it would be kind of terrible. I mean, you can't tell me Jade is that cruel.

And sorry if I over-analyzed the crap out of this show. Sometimes, I get a bit carried away ^^;

Fireofnature

[2451]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 13
    Actually that steamboat suzy episode went way overboard, I mean a show needs some degree of realism to be at least believable. Realistically it wouldn't just be "terrible" , realistically it would be a FELONY, and criminal negligence (And yes I learned all about the legalities in medicine through my studies). Doctors, and that nurse could lose their jobs for consciously taking more and more blood from a patient like that. Jade could go to prison for it, and Tori could have been a lot more damaged than she was, I mean the body will start to shut down after so much blood loss. All that stuff could have killed her.. So there was a lot wrong with that episode, I think it was one of the few I didn't really like much at all.

MusicAddictBabe

[2452]Aug 17, 2012
    ^ Yeah. I used the term "terrible" lightly. I just didn't feel like getting into that rant because that's exactly what was about to happen. So, yeah, I agree it was wrong on so many levels. There's another episode that goes overboard too. A little. You know the episode when Cat receives calls from "North Star"? I feel like at first it was humorous. But now every time I see it, I just think about how bad that actually is. Of course, that might just be me over-analyzing the matter, but it's still disturbing to some degree.

Btw, can't you tell I really don't know my episodes well heh heh...thank goodness you guys are sane and this is the iCarly forum because I feel like if I were having this discussion on the Victorious forum, they might end up banning me for my lack of Victorious knowledge lol.

teenj12

[2453]Aug 20, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Actually that steamboat suzy episode went way overboard, I mean a show needs some degree of realism to be at least believable. Realistically it wouldn't just be "terrible" , realistically it would be a FELONY, and criminal negligence (And yes I learned all about the legalities in medicine through my studies). Doctors, and that nurse could lose their jobs for consciously taking more and more blood from a patient like that. Jade could go to prison for it, and Tori could have been a lot more damaged than she was, I mean the body will start to shut down after so much blood loss. All that stuff could have killed her.. So there was a lot wrong with that episode, I think it was one of the few I didn't really like much at all.
    Yea, it really pains me to watch that episode. Anything involving losing blood, then passing out....makes me cringe and shudder!

So whenever its on, I just wanna turn the channel.

vanillacupcakes

[2454]Aug 21, 2012

@MAB: Yeah, I agree...and I understand why so many people hate Trina. Aside from the pilot, when has Trina been really nice?? Or selfless?? Had character development?? It got old quickly. The only episode I remember her helping was the one where Jade wrote that play and the Chinese restaurant lady changed it around.

IA with everything about Tori. I don't hate Tori...she's sweet and I like that she helps people. It's just that everybody else can sing, so give them a chance to shine. Why can't Cat save the day with her singing??

To me Rex is kind of like a less inappropriate Stewie from Family Guy. This non-human thing that is normally innocent and for kids...isn't. Or it's like the "rude puppet to a nice puppeteer" gag a lot of people do. I just was never a fan of it (and maybe iBloop 2 made it worse). Robbie has his sweet moments with Cat. The times he hit on Tori or Trina, it was kind of creepy. At times he is just...weird. He's hit or miss for me, but "The Blonde Squad" made him a new favorite for me.

I like Andre, because he isn't all that "quirky". He's just a chill guy. He has good morals but isn't perfect. I think he'd make a good lead character for Victorious. He's interesting but not too overwhelming with craziness.

I like their "dark humor" but that episode was ridiculous. Tori is skinny enough to pass out easily just from the first donation of blood she gave to them.

Jade is a screwed up person, she would have gone to prison a long time ago...or at least a mental institution.

The doctors on all of Dan's shows are idiots. They either state the obvious and say "Okay, now give me $75" or they will say something suspicious like "I don't know....you could experience a FEW side effects with this medication". It's for humor, but for doctors they aren't that smart. I guess it pokes fun of how some doctors are, but still.

The real reason I don't like that episode was because of Jade. It's a shame, because she's my favorite character. She hasn't been consistent. Usually I will like ridiculous plots/scenarios if the characters act relatable to a real person. I didn't sense that in any of the characters in this episode.

MusicAddictBabe

[2455]Aug 23, 2012
    ^ In order (from most to least), my favorite characters are Andre, Jade, Cat, Robbie, Beck, Tori, and Trina. Actually, I'll admit, it's kind of a toss-up with Jade and Cat. I like them both pretty much equally since they both have things about them that I sort of find irritating. But Andre's always been my favorite. He's just cool and in RL, he'd be one of the best guy friends any girl could ask for. Jade's pretty cool and she does get a lot of character development throughout the series, but her revenge schemes seem to go overboard in some episodes (like Steamboat Suzy). I love Cat's quirkiness, but it sometimes gets old fast (like Jade's vengeance). Even though Robbie is looked down upon in the show, I really like him - he doesn't have a mean bone in him and he's very respectful. Beck...eh, well, I used to like him more, but as I've said before, now, I don't care too much for him. Tori is just Tori...yeah...I don't care for her anymore than I do Beck really...I mean, she does have some good points and she's kind and friendly and whatnot and, in all honesty, I do tend to dislike the main character of a show more than the others at times, but not as much as this one because I feel like Tori is way overrated. In iCarly, I'm not a huge fan of Carly, but at least she doesn't try to "save the day" with her webshow or something (if she does, at least the others are involved too). And this may sound mean now that I've said all this but I'm not crazy about her singing at all. And Trina I dislike for reasons that I've stated before.

But anyway, I agree with what you're saying too. I don't think there's a song on that show that doesn't involve Tori in some way. The only one I can think of is the one that Jade and Cat sing at karaoke night.

I can't imagine that episode would've gotten many good ratings (Steamboat Suzy, I mean). It was just disturbing on many levels. I cringed a few times here and there while watching that episode. At the end, where Tori started to feel faint, it seemed all the more real and I couldn't understand why they would've made that episode in the first place.

Fireofnature

[2456]Aug 23, 2012
    • level: 13
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

I can't imagine that episode would've gotten many good ratings (Steamboat Suzy, I mean). It was just disturbing on many levels. I cringed a few times here and there while watching that episode. At the end, where Tori started to feel faint, it seemed all the more real and I couldn't understand why they would've made that episode in the first place.

The producers were high like Sikowitz high! XD

teenj12

[2457]Aug 23, 2012
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

You described my exact opinion of this episode. I cringe so much while watching it and I can't stand seeing Tori having to give all that blood and then fainting at the end.

MusicAddictBabe

[2458]Aug 27, 2012
    Fireofnature - haha Wouldn't surprise me.

TJ12 - Yeah. The first time I saw it (and even still if I watch it), I felt faint just watching Tori give blood all those time. I'm not even exaggerating...it was that gross. And their reasons for her having to give blood each time was sick and kind of twisted. I know that Jade was behind most of it, but like someone said before, those doctors should've known what they were doing, and the part where Robbie dropped the bag of blood was just...ugh *shudders*. Like, why did he have to hold it up to the light in the first place? I know that it was all supposed to be a run-on gag, but they went too far and crossed the line between humor and...whatever you want to call this episode (can't think of a word right now to describe it).

teenj12

[2459]Aug 28, 2012

MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Fireofnature - haha Wouldn't surprise me.

TJ12 - Yeah. The first time I saw it (and even still if I watch it), I felt faint just watching Tori give blood all those time. I'm not even exaggerating...it was that gross. And their reasons for her having to give blood each time was sick and kind of twisted. I know that Jade was behind most of it, but like someone said before, those doctors should've known what they were doing, and the part where Robbie dropped the bag of blood was just...ugh *shudders*. Like, why did he have to hold it up to the light in the first place? I know that it was all supposed to be a run-on gag, but they went too far and crossed the line between humor and...whatever you want to call this episode (can't think of a word right now to describe it).

Wholeheartedly agreed, especially with the bolded.

This also reminds me of another episode that was kinda sick. "Who Did It To Trina".

LOVED the episode, but I thought it was pretty extreme to show Trina getting thrashed like that. Add on to the fact that Rex/RRobbie did it to her on purpose. That's was pretty evil and it looked like Trina got hurt really bad.

"Car, Fire, and Rain" had a similar "dark twist/element" to it at the end with it being revealed that Cat burned down the house of that old lady and she ended up in the hospital.

So yea, I see Dan likes the dark humor in Victorious xD.

Edited on 08/28/2012 12:15am

MusicAddictBabe

[2460]Aug 28, 2012
    ^ I missed the beginning of that episode. I agree. I may not like Trina a lot and I know that Tori's friends aren't supposed to like her either, but isn't that a little harsh?

I haven't seen "Car, Fire, and Rain."

But, like I said before, the one that I always think of is that whole North Star thing with Cat. It was funny when she first mentioned that she somehow mixed lines with them or whatever since it was like, "Oh, haha, how did that happen? Silly Cat...." But the fact that they kept on with the joke with her getting calls from people in serious car accidents was kind of...not funny anymore. Especially when she said, "Could you speak a little louder? I can't hear you. You need an ambu-what?" or something like that. I was, like, "Ookkaaay...that joke just died (and so did my soul)."

Maybe dark humor's a big thing nowadays