We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iRamble - The Official iCarly Off-Topic Thread

teenj12

[6621]Nov 23, 2012
    • level: 26
    Happy Black Friday .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[6622]Nov 23, 2012
    • level: 21
    This year's gone very quick, hasn't it. It's almost at the end of the year.

teenj12

[6623]Nov 23, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    This year's gone very quick, hasn't it. It's almost at the end of the year.
    Yup, 2012 is speeding back. Almost 2013. If we even make it there xP.

marcdragicevic

[6624]Nov 23, 2012
    We'll make it. Dec 2012 will not happen, no chance at all.

vanillacupcakes

[6625]Nov 23, 2012
    • level: 16
    Anybody go shopping today?? If not, did you guys sleep forever after eating all that turkey??

teenj12

[6626]Nov 23, 2012
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Anybody go shopping today?? If not, did you guys sleep forever after eating all that turkey??
    Lmao, I definitely had a nice long sleep xP. I didn't go shopping, but I wanted to :/ .

pixarprincess

[6627]Nov 24, 2012
    • level: 13
    Went to the mall with a friend- who in recent months became a fellow brony. Ah, at least I have THAT strong fanbase to cling onto now that the war is over.

I wanted to go the B&N too, but NO, parents decided to go to the movies while I got to stay home and watch my recorded iCarly and BBT episodes!

Alright they were good, but I still wanted to find some nice book deals.

On a side note, I want to like Bernadette on BBT, I really do. But I'm kind of mixed about her at this point. See she's one of the nicer(if not nicest) characters on the show, looks and sounds cute, heck when I started watching this show I compared her to Fluttershy. (AKA the Element of Kindness who speaks in a low squeaky voice) on MLP.

BUT; there are two things in this world I associate with goodness and overall niceness: Puppies and children. Bernadette likes neither of them, and I'm sure if it weren't for Howard wanting to become a dad so much, she wouldn't hesitate to abort a child if she'd gotten pregnant. (As as I've established before, I'm pro-life). So, yeah, she's kind of pissing me off when she's not busy being a voice of reason or making Howard happy.

Granted, a puppy bit her face when she was little, and the kids at that one birthday party were impatient (and ungrateful) little brats, but... I don't know, I just can't hate them in general, it's in my genes to have a soft spot for little kids and animals. Heck, I almost bought a MLP throw blanket for my baby cousin for Christmas at the mall yesterday- when I already bought her a fleece jacket and matching boots. (So cute)

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention I have a baby cousin now.

Back on topic, I understand what a person likes or dislikes does not necessarily reflect who they are (she's still a nice girl) but... IDK, from what I've heard -and as of watching "Downfall", seen, Hitler was not only nice to his dog, but enjoyed spending time with his young nieces and nephews (I assume so long as they were Aryan, he had no problem with kids). So if a guy who spent most of his time weeding out "imperfections" in society via concentration camps and general discrimination was willing to treat dogs and children with respect, that must be proof that even those things are too precious to resist.

Any advice? Besides considering a college in an area without cable or internet access so I can worry about my OWN life rather than those of characters that don't even exist?

More random off-topicness: I'm pretty sure Pinkie Pie was smoking something during this morning's episode...
    And how did she even get that float!?

BrookeParker

[6628]Nov 24, 2012
    • level: 12
    Happy Belated Black Friday! Didn't think to put that. Lol. No biggie, though.

marcdragicevic

[6629]Nov 25, 2012
    I've never actually had turkey.

With the Big Bang Theory, I wonder if Bernadette will divorce Howard in the latter seasons because of Howard's and his mother's relationship woes.

MusicAddictBabe

[6630]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 18
    Marc - Creepypasta stories can be pretty weird. I kind of wish I knew where they came up with the name "creepypasta", though.

VC - I didn't go shopping, but I definitely did sleep in. As a tradition, my mom, sister, grandma, aunt, and I go shopping on the Monday after Thanksgiving. Sorry, I don't remember exactly what states "celebrate" Buck Day. In Pennsylvania, schools get that day off as part of their Thanksgiving break (well, except for colleges/universities...I've just been lucky). Around here, that's one of the best days to go Christmas shopping - there aren't many kids because there aren't any parents to take them shopping because they still have to work and kids can't drive themselves, most college students still have class, and the men are out hunting (and some women). Usually, the mall is pretty vacant. And that's also partially because our closest mall is in New York (we live on the border), and schools around there are still in session that day. Some places even have some lingering Black Friday sales, if you're lucky.

Pixar - I have a nephew who's about 1 1/2, so, I know how exciting it is to buy stuff for them. Baby stuff is so cute I bought my nephew this hoodie from college last year for Christmas and it was so cute and tiny.

I don't know why I rambled on describing creepypastas in my other post because I just thought of the perfect description for them. Basically, they're those myths you hear about different shows or video games.

I can't believe how fast this year has gone. I am so ready for winter break. Mine's in about 3 weeks and I could definitely use it. It's just so weird that it's almost December already. I mean, I keep thinking back to Halloween which doesn't seem so long ago.

Bernadette is...okay. I do like her because she's nice and friendly, but if I had to choose my favorite girl in the show, it'd probably be either Penny or Amy. I like Penny because she's kind of...edgy?..for lack of a better term, I guess. She's not a pushover and not much of a primadonna like some girls are in a lot of different shows (actually, if you've ever seen 2 Broke Girls, I'd say she's about a mix of the two). And Amy's just Amy. She's hilarious!

marcdragicevic

[6631]Nov 28, 2012
    Woah, it reached 40C/104F just an hour ago where I live. It may be the hottest November day down here since 1893. I love Penny and Amy's relationship, and the awkwardness.

MusicAddictBabe

[6632]Dec 3, 2012
    haha Me too! They are definitely my favorite characters.

marcdragicevic

[6633]Dec 3, 2012
    When the 3 girls were playing the truth or dare in one episode. I still can't believe what Amy did to Penny at the end. Do you remember that episode?

MusicAddictBabe

[6634]Dec 4, 2012
    It sounds familiar, but I forget what happens.

teenj12

[6635]Dec 12, 2012
    Well, if some of you don't know, today (12/12/12) will be the last day that all three numbers in the date will be the same. It won't occur again for 89 years.

MusicAddictBabe

[6636]Dec 12, 2012
    haha I just thought of that earlier. I was like, 'Just take it all in...ok, that was fun. Moving on."

But yeah. It's the last one of those days any of us will ever see. Well, unless we, like, live long, healthy lives or something. I don't know anybody's age, but I'm sure a lot of us will be exceedingly old.

teenj12

[6637]Dec 12, 2012
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    haha I just thought of that earlier. I was like, 'Just take it all in...ok, that was fun. Moving on."

But yeah. It's the last one of those days any of us will ever see. Well, unless we, like, live long, healthy lives or something. I don't know anybody's age, but I'm sure a lot of us will be exceedingly old.
    Lol, your right, not a lot of us will make it to the next century. I wish though :/ . Maybe if I become a super vegetarian xP.

MusicAddictBabe

[6638]Dec 13, 2012
    ^ haha Well, I'd be done for, then. No way could I give up meat products for that long.

teenj12

[6639]Dec 14, 2012
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    ^ haha Well, I'd be done for, then. No way could I give up meat products for that long.
    This. My sisters claim to be vegetarians, but still eat some meat products, so I call them semi-vegetarians.

MusicAddictBabe

[6640]Dec 16, 2012
    Speaking of vegetarianism, aren't there, like, different levels of being a vegetarian? Like, a normal vegetarian eats anything but meat. But only a pure vegetarian eats certain things that don't come from animals at all (like milk) or something like that. I'm not very good with my vegetarian knowledge. :/