We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iRamble - The Official iCarly Off-Topic Thread

marcdragicevic

[6581]Nov 1, 2012
    • level: 21
    Mother nature is really tearing us apart lately. Did you see that video that Dan posted the other day of the storm?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MusicAddictBabe

[6582]Nov 2, 2012
    • level: 18
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I haven't seen that video. Do you have a link to it?

teenj12

[6583]Nov 2, 2012
    • level: 26
    So my power has been out since Monday. Its finally come back on this morning. It's literally been 4 days of all electricity in my town being out, with only a few places with power. I haven't even been to school since last Friday.

marcdragicevic

[6584]Nov 4, 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ASHNaaPWk

There's the link to Dan's storm video.

marcdragicevic

[6585]Nov 4, 2012
    The power has been out for 4 days? That must be tough, especially with the fridge and the freezer not working.

teenj12

[6586]Nov 5, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    The power has been out for 4 days? That must be tough, especially with the fridge and the freezer not working.
    Yea it was really tough, luckily its back on, but I sstill haven't been to school in over a week. When the power will be back on at my school? No idea.

Fireofnature

[6587]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 13
    Ah seeking refuge at the iCarly forums....the one place on the net they seem to not be talking politics and election day. YES! *dances*

teenj12

[6588]Nov 6, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Ah seeking refuge at the iCarly forums....the one place on the net they seem to not be talking politics and election day. YES! *dances*
    So, are you/did you vote/ing this year?

Fireofnature

[6589]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 13
    *punch* LOL Eh it really doesn't matter who you vote for, to be honest. The popular vote is all a sham.

MusicAddictBabe

[6590]Nov 6, 2012
    FoN - Yes! That's exactly why I'm here too! *sigh of relief* This is now my virtual vacation away from reality.

TJ12 - Has it been extremely cloudy where you are? Up until today, I hadn't seen the sun in over a week. It was actually sort of depressing. I almost forgot what a nice day looked like. Then, today, it gradually became less and less cloudy.

RiciSmokes2

[6591]Nov 7, 2012
    • level: 7
    The only good thing about hurricanes is watching the poor newscasters battling the winds. I wonder how they decide who has to go out in the storms, probably the people on the lowest rungs, so it really sucks if u didnt know u were low on the totem pole. I voted today for the first time. Only time I ever wished I lived in Fl or Ohio.

teenj12

[6592]Nov 7, 2012
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

TJ12 - Has it been extremely cloudy where you are? Up until today, I hadn't seen the sun in over a week. It was actually sort of depressing. I almost forgot what a nice day looked like. Then, today, it gradually became less and less cloudy.

More than cloudy, its actually snowing. This whether is crazy.

marcdragicevic

[6593]Nov 7, 2012
    Regarding the election, it's actually compulsory to vote down here in Australia or you will get a $100 to 300 dollar fine. (Or you could either just go down there and get your name crossed off the list).

MusicAddictBabe

[6594]Nov 7, 2012
    Rici - Yeah, I wondered how they picked certain people to do live weather reports too. It kinda reminds me of that Drake and Josh episode ("The Storm") where Josh's dad had to go downtown to do a live weather broadcast and he kept saying how terrible it really was. Like, I know they say stuff like, "As you can see, the wind speeds are starting to pick up, and behind me, you'll also see the roads are a little flooded. Those who have not yet evacuated should really start considering it before it's too late," and stuff like that, but I feel like what they really wanna say is, "Do you see this? It's crazy out here! If you haven't evacuated, yet, you're just nuts. Get out of here while you still can!" I feel sorta bad for them.

And then there were storm chasers....

TJ12 - I'm really surprised it hasn't snowed here yet. We've gotten some flurries but nothing more. Apparently, it's supposed to snow this weekend sometime.

teenj12

[6595]Nov 8, 2012
    @MAB: Yea, I really hate this bipolar weather. I guess the Nor'easter snowstorm is to blame.

@Marc: Really? Oh wow, kind of strict

marcdragicevic

[6596]Nov 8, 2012
    I recently had to vote in a local area election last weekend, and I have never ever heard of the 2 people up.
    So I just voted based on the name and picture.

MusicAddictBabe

[6597]Nov 8, 2012
    TJ12 - Yeah, that's true.

Marc - I feel like that's exactly what I'd do too.

vanillacupcakes

[6598]Nov 10, 2012
    • level: 16
    I left some of my ballot blank on election day too. I didn't want to vote solely on political party or name(okay, I voted for one person based off of name, but it was just a judge). I also couldn't find enough research on them that wasn't biased, and their roles weren't that relevant to me...like it would be for something for the head of a university I didn't attend.

Something that disappoints me is that so many other countries are more politically aware of American politics than Americans themselves. Yet, the majority of America know nothing about politics in other countries, that doesn't involve foreign policies and affairs with America. I just think America is a pretty self-centered and pessimistic country.[/random thought]

teenj12

[6599]Nov 10, 2012
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I left some of my ballot blank on election day too. I didn't want to vote solely on political party or name(okay, I voted for one person based off of name, but it was just a judge). I also couldn't find enough research on them that wasn't biased, and their roles weren't that relevant to me...like it would be for something for the head of a university I didn't attend.

Something that disappoints me is that so many other countries are more politically aware of American politics than Americans themselves. Yet, the majority of America know nothing about politics in other countries, that doesn't involve foreign policies and affairs with America. I just think America is a pretty self-centered and pessimistic country.[/random thought]
    I also think we're kinda nosy, we always have to be in everyone else's business .

MusicAddictBabe

[6600]Nov 11, 2012
    And we get annoyed and argue with people over the dumbest things sometimes. -_-