We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iRamble - The Official iCarly Off-Topic Thread

marcdragicevic

[6661]Dec 27, 2012
    • level: 21
    McDonald's in America is probably a lot unhealthier than other McDonald's overseas.

America McDonald's - medium size would be large in some countries. That type of thing. When I went America, we asked for a large chocolate thickshake and they actually said, "you don't want a large thickshake." I couldn't believe how big they were.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MusicAddictBabe

[6662]Dec 30, 2012
    • level: 18
    I got a Nintendo 64, a PS3, and a tablet. I am quite pleased. :]

Marc - That doesn't surprise me. Whenever I get a meal there, I ask for a medium. But half the time, I never finish it all. Of course, that also comes from me being a slow eater, but still. There's no way I'd be able to finish a large. And I agree. Their large drinks and stuff are huge.

That sorta thing reminds me of whenever I go to the movies. I never know what size popcorn or drink to get. A small popcorn is like this dinky little bag and the medium isn't much bigger, so, I'll ask for a large...which is a lot. Of course, it's not such a big deal since someone in my family will eat it eventually. I have more of a problem with the gosh-dang drinks. In some places (like restaurants and stuff), a small is just downright puny, a medium is slightly bigger, and a large is actually a decent size. However, in some movie theaters I've gone to, they like to make things as confusing as possible and switch it up a little - their medium is an ideal size and their large is ginormous. Usually, I don't run into this problem since I almost always go to the same theater. And when I don't, I just ask how big their large is (nowadays, anyway).

I guess it's not such a big deal since I'd rather have a surplus of whatever I'm drinking than have too little and run out partway through the movie. But a large of anything is just so flippin' expensive!

BrookeParker

[6663]Dec 31, 2012
    • level: 12
    Hey er'one! Yesterday was my birthday!

BrookeParker

[6664]Dec 31, 2012
    My bro's was 2 weeks ago! And now it's New Year's Eve! Wow.

BrookeParker

[6665]Dec 31, 2012
    I know I posted a Merry Christmas message. I saw where others posted and obviously saw where I did. Just sayin.

teenj12

[6666]Dec 31, 2012
    • level: 26
    BrookeParker wrote:
    Hey er'one! Yesterday was my birthday!
    Happy birthday .

MusicAddictBabe

[6667]Dec 31, 2012
    Happy birthday!

And Happy New Year's, everyone! Anyone have a resolution for 2013?

Oh, and I meant to ask this awhile back - since December - January (and the last week of November too, I suppose) is typically a time full of traditions, does anybody have any interesting traditions or anything?

pixarprincess

[6668]Jan 1, 2013
    • level: 13
    None to speak of, except, going to my aunt's house (Mom's side) on Christmas Eve, then going over to hang out with my dad's relatives after midnight or so.

As for New Years resolutions... get into a decent college, and publish at least one story on the internet. And contribute SOMETHING to the Brony community. There is a high chance those latter two will be combined.

teenj12

[6669]Jan 1, 2013
    Happy New Year!

Don't really have any traditions.

As for New Years Resolutions, I hope to do better in Geometry and Physics, cause those are a wee bit tough.

BrookeParker

[6670]Jan 1, 2013
    Thanks @teen! =D Now I'm gonna post what you just did- Happy New Year! I figured there were already peeps here that did so.

MusicAddictBabe

[6671]Jan 2, 2013
    Pixar - Good luck with that story

TJ12 - Good luck with Geometry and Physics. Math is not my thing xP

I actually didn't think I had any weird or interesting traditions. But I just remembered one. Every year for Christmas Eve, I go to my cousins' house for dinner. And each time, we go up to their upstairs bathroom just to hang out. I have no idea how that started, but we've done it so much that, for some reason, it became, like, the ideal hangout spot or something. I don't know why, though. I mean, it's a nice bathroom, I guess....but still....

I can't ever think of any really good resolutions. But I think mine's going to be saving as much money as possible (I've been really bad about buying stuff last year, especially from about the middle of summer and on for some reason).

MusicAddictBabe

[6672]Jan 2, 2013
    Sorry for the double post, but I just thought of something I was gonna tell you guys (and I don't know why I didn't just edit this into my last post...).

Remember the times when we'd ask each other...if we...remembered...something...? From previous threads and whatnot? Well, do you remember some of the first posts you ever posted on this site? I was bored last night and decided to look at some of the very first posts I made (from forever ago). They weren't on this forum, but holy crap, was it interesting. If you're ever bored and curious, check it out. You may be hit with nostalgia of some sort.

(All you have to do is go under 'Contributions' on your profile and click on 'Forum Posts'. Then just go to the last page.)

vanillacupcakes

[6673]Jan 3, 2013
    • level: 16
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! No, I don't really have traditions. My family and friends always switch things up. When I was little, we used to go to Disney World every year, but now we can't afford that. I guess my resolutions are to eat a little less portion wise and to make the Dean's list again.

Haha I've gone through my contributions before. I remember lurking here for over a year. My first post wasn't special. I remember my mild Creddie phase, my obsessive Seddie phase(s), and our "family roles" we made up. One time I made a megapost making fun of trolls like schilling, schwabb, and the troll april made up. That's the one post I do kind of feel guilty about, because I don't think it was necessary to bring even more attention/make fun of specific people, despite how they act. I took the time to stalk their posts and find their fanfic accounts and tumblrs to make this post., which was really unnecessary.

MusicAddictBabe

[6674]Jan 3, 2013
    Man, I remember lurking here for a little while too. It wasn't very long, though, but that's probably because I wasn't a newcomer to forums (I first got my account on the old TvTome forums, but then they switched over to here since the site was shutting down). I do remember when I first did get an account, though, and before I did, I would lurk around and debate whether I really should or not. Back then, I was lurking around the Jimmy Neutron forum, and it reminds me of this one a lot in the sense that people went on- and off-topic a bunch and treated everyone nicely (unless you were a troll) and you made friends with people more easily than on other ones. And before you think that all forums are like that, I'd like to declare your statement false. I have been to some somewhat unfriendly forums before.

I remember always asking for someone to make me custom avatars and banners too. Now, I make my own...and the banners don't matter much seeing as there's not much to your profile to view anymore.

And, yeah, I remember the days of a Seddier. I also remember The Schwabb and how he got nailed by Dan because he couldn't keep his gosh dang mouth shut xD Oh, the family roles...I remember that. And I also remember when the Seddie thread got WAY off topic for, like, a year or so. It sort of makes me wonder, though...what happened to everybody else? Like, there was Saylavee, AprilShakira, Pscf, Jakeo, and a bunch of others (but I can't list anymore right now because my laptop's about to die).

And it's ok. I understand. I'll have to go back and look because I think there was a post I was not very proud of either for a similar reason.

teenj12

[6675]Jan 4, 2013
    Oh, the nostalgia .

I remember first coming to TV.com two years ago in July 2010. This was one of the first forums I came to and I instantly took a liking to it. I too remember how off topic the seddie thread was and I have to say, I'm surprised that none of us ever got a TOS Warning for it lol . But we had some really good times. I miss some of the people who have long faded though. I thought the finale would bring them back one last time, but it didn't turn out that way :/ . Also, this was the family roles thing :

Schilling - Creepy grandad

TheSchwab - Immature little brother who is spoiled.

Kristen - The runaway

MAB - The mom

Jakeo - The dad

Saylavee - The littlesister with a strong hatred for "Brother Schwab" (THAT'S HIS NAME NOW!) Hahaha.

Charmed - The oldest, responsible sister who is always stuck babysitting.

Vanilla Cupcake - The popular, artistic (cause of your icons) sister.

April - The badass sister who is perverted and always making fun of things even though she has no idea how to back it up, she just says stuff just because.

pscf3 - The jock whose "always fighting with April and the schwab."

teenj12 - The brother/rival who always corrects people on their spelling and whatnot.

NatalieTV100 - The smart one(:

This was the first version. The second version was when we added Lampy. But I can't find it and I'm tired of looking . I do believe its somewhere in the 400-499 Pages of the Seddie topic.

MusicAddictBabe

[6676]Jan 5, 2013
    I also remember this one post I made awhile back that I was really proud of. It was in the iSYL thread, and I remember everyone was having this shipping argument about whether Freddie saved Carly's life out of love. Some people said that he saved her because he loved her while others said that wasn't true. I made this long post about how a friend would save a friend's life too, it doesn't have to be just for love or anything. I then described a scenario similar to that and related it to our lives (I'd paint that picture again, but I might as well just go find the post and link you to it or something). I was really proud of that post because I felt like I made a legit argument. Plus, I got a lot of backup via compliments later on lol.

I'm also really surprised we didn't get a warning either. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I think we did get a sort of "be careful, guys" warning from Marc around that time, mostly as a heads up warning.

Yeah, it is kinda depressing that none of them came back. But I can understand that. The thing is, they probably won't come back thinking that this forum is dying or something since iCarly's now over. But maybe not. We'll just have to see

haha I remember the family thing from some pages back too. I remember saying, "Man. I sure have a lot of kids o_O" xD

The fact that you just posted the page numbers just reminded me of this time that we celebrated the 1,000 post or something like that. You weren't on here yet (I don't think). But The Schwabb was. I'll have to go look for that now.

All of this searching. It reminds me of when you're reminiscing with a few people while searching through boxes of stuff in the attack or photo albums.

teenj12

[6677]Jan 6, 2013
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    I also remember this one post I made awhile back that I was really proud of. It was in the iSYL thread, and I remember everyone was having this shipping argument about whether Freddie saved Carly's life out of love. Some people said that he saved her because he loved her while others said that wasn't true. I made this long post about how a friend would save a friend's life too, it doesn't have to be just for love or anything. I then described a scenario similar to that and related it to our lives (I'd paint that picture again, but I might as well just go find the post and link you to it or something). I was really proud of that post because I felt like I made a legit argument. Plus, I got a lot of backup via compliments later on lol.

I'm also really surprised we didn't get a warning either. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I think we did get a sort of "be careful, guys" warning from Marc around that time, mostly as a heads up warning.

Yeah, it is kinda depressing that none of them came back. But I can understand that. The thing is, they probably won't come back thinking that this forum is dying or something since iCarly's now over. But maybe not. We'll just have to see

haha I remember the family thing from some pages back too. I remember saying, "Man. I sure have a lot of kids o_O" xD

The fact that you just posted the page numbers just reminded me of this time that we celebrated the 1,000 post or something like that. You weren't on here yet (I don't think). But The Schwabb was. I'll have to go look for that now.

All of this searching. It reminds me of when you're reminiscing with a few people while searching through boxes of stuff in the attack or photo albums.
    Yea, I wasn't around when The Schwabb was here. I would have loved to meet him . I definitely agree about how this feels like searching through boxes, lol. My grandmother actually has an attic filled with old picture albums, toys, and all types of memories. That's exactly how searching through old threads feels like. Especially the Seddie topic .

MusicAddictBabe

[6678]Jan 6, 2013

Oh, The Schwabb, man, The Schwabb. One of the most intense Seddiers I've ever met...or at least whatever talking to someone on here for the first time is considered.

The Seddie thread is like one big attic - every ten pages or so is like another box.

Or it's like a photo album - every post is like a separate picture and every page is like a different page in a photo album.

Oh, also, if you're interested, I found the very first topic I made on this forum:

http://www.tv.com/shows/icarly/forums/quick-question-85277-1339181/?page=0&prev_button=1

I also found my very first post, but it wasn't as interesting as I thought - it was in the iGo to Japan episode...and that was the only one I made for almost a year because I posted in a couple other forums around that time (and wasn't really that into iCarly at the time). At least that's what I'm assuming. You can learn a lot by looking over your old contributions. (I noticed the dates were far apart, and there were a lot of other posts I made on other forums between the two iCarly ones.)

I remember posting that thread. And like with many other forums, I remember posting a thread for the first time can be very...iffy (for lack of a better term). I haven't really gone to any other forums in awhile, and I'm sure the "Sam & Cat" one won't be as bad, but it's like you never know how to word things right - like, are these people friendly or really serious about their show? As for posts, it's sort of the same feeling but not quite as bad because it's not like everyone's gonna see it, just the people going to that thread.

Also, I'd like to point out that some people can be really unwelcoming when you first go to a forum (like what I said about people being serious). I've been on forums before (don't know which ones or if they were even on this site) where I would say in a post that I was new and either no one seemed to care or people would snap at you for no reason just because you said one little thing off-topic. I understand being on-topic, but when it's something like that that only takes up a line of space, it shouldn't really matter. In my opinion, if you want more people joining in on these forums, you should treat newcomers with respect so they feel comfortable coming back. Back when I used to be on the Jimmy Neutron forum, I made a thread asking if the show was on anymore and that I was back and if anyone happened to remember me. One of the very first comments was something like, "I don't remember you, but welcome back anyway! " and a bunch after that were pretty much the same. It wasn't a serious "No. I don't remember you." It was a lot more welcoming. That's why I love this forum because everyone's pretty much chill with everything and everyone (even the shipping wars have pretty much stopped). It almost feels like we're one big family or something (haha like our Seddie family).

Edited on 01/08/2013 10:55am

pixarprincess

[6679]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 13
    ^That was nice.

This website was my first venture into the cruel, unforgiving world of internet discussion,debate, and fanwars. And for what it's worth, I couldn't think of a better place to begin than here with you.

Yeah I know I'm a sap, deal with it.

Roxie: Mmm, I'm a star. And the audience loves me. And I love them, and they love me for loving them, and I love them for loving me . And we love each other. 'Cause none of us got enough love in our childhoods...

MusicAddictBabe

[6680]Jan 12, 2013
    Thanks

And I couldn't agree with you more.