We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iRamble - The Official iCarly Off-Topic Thread

marcdragicevic

[6601]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 21

I have to agree with that also, and you also believe the dumbest things. For example - People in Australia do not ride on the back of "KANGAROOS" on the way to school.

(Talking about Americans).

Edited on 11/11/2012 5:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[6602]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 26
    marcdragicevic wrote:

I have to agree with that also, and you also believe the dumbest things. For example - People in Australia do not ride on the back of "KANGAROOS" on the way to school.

(Talking about Americans).

Lmao, stereotypes are a b****

RiciSmokes2

[6603]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 7
    Being from the South I have to defend the US a little. We are super nosy, but we do have the largest economy and military in the world. So if I was from another country I'd keep an eye on the rich people with the nukes too. So we only really keep an eye on people like the Chinese who are changing over their govt or Iran with crazy Ahmadinejad and his nuclear program. Just look how our recession helped trigger major collapses around the world, we effect them a lot whereas they don't effect us as much. I don't use the "were the greatest country in the world" statement cuz I've only ever been to 2 countries counting this one so how could I possibly judge that? But I also think every major country thinks they're the greatest country in the world right? Isn't that like basic patriotism?

pixarprincess

[6604]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 13

SO, haven't been around for a while... anypony seen "Wreck It Ralph" yet? ((Love it!)

And should we do anything on these forums to celebrate the finale of the show? I'm thinking maybe a special forum to send shoutouts and good byes... all ideas welcome!

Discord: Did you miss me, Celestia? I missed you. It's quite lonely being encased in stone but you wouldn't know that, would you, because I don't turn ponies into stone!

pixarprincess

[6605]Nov 11, 2012

Also, does anyone want to take a guess at what show (besides MLP and to a lesser extent South Park) I recently fell in love with. Winner gets home-baked cookies. I know you love them...

Is it

A. The Big Bang Theory

B. 666 Park Avenue

C. Once Upon a Time

D. Bunheads

Answer will be up sometime next week, if not tomorrow. GOOD LUCK, EVERYPONY! (Flashes out of room)

teenj12

[6606]Nov 11, 2012
    I bet its Bunheads .

Anyway, I think we should have our own little goodbye thread, where we can:

- Reminisce about old times

- Give final goodbye statements. Of course most of us will still migrate to Sam and Cat, but who knows when that will come out.

MusicAddictBabe

[6607]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 18
    Marc - Bwahaha! People actually believe that? I do have to agree, though, that there are a lot of gullible people in this country.

Rici - That's true!

Pixar - haha I was gonna suggest Bunheads too. But I don't want to copy TJ12 so I'll go with The Big Bang Theory (LOVE that show).

TJ12 - I agree. We should make a thread like that.

Speaking of American "stereotypes", I remember back when I was a sophomore, one of my best friends at the time was really into anime and anything Japanese (probably because she really like anime). Before anybody says anything, I have nothing against Japan, Japanese culture, anime or people who like anime (except maybe a little when it gets a bit out of hand)...otherwise I wouldn't have a Naruto character as my avatar. Anyway, she was so obsessed with Japanese culture that she'd put down America as though she didn't live here herself. I can't think of any examples, but it was stuff like, "Japan does this...why can't America do that too?" or "Japanese people are like this...why can't we Americans be more like that?" It was always said in a way that made me just want to look at her and say, "Well...if you hate America so much, why don't you just go live in Japan?" I understand there are a lot of negative stereotypes for our country, and I even laugh when people point it out because it's sometimes true. But that doesn't mean America's that bad of a country. (For the record, I'm not targeting this toward any of you...it's just her...it really annoyed me every time she said anything like that.)

vanillacupcakes

[6608]Nov 14, 2012
    • level: 16
    @pixar: Wreck it Ralph was AMAZING. Also, the Paperman short was extra adorable. I wasn't expecting it. I'd definitely see it again.

I'm going to guess Once Upon a Time. @MAB: No offense, but I really HATE those types people. Okay, I don't hate them....but I get annoyed. Have you ever watched "J-Pop America Fun Time Now" on SNL? Those are the people I'm talking about. Not sure if you call it a Weeaboo, or a Japanophile, but either way I don't think they realize that they are still being racist. Also, people with Asian fetish relationships. Or any fetish based off of a race. UGH. I am totally okay with people who love Japanese culture, or watch obsessive amounts of anime, or learn the Japanese language, or whatever they please. It's those people who always want to live in Japan and think they are glorifying their culture, when in reality their idea of Japan is inaccurate and ignorant. They're objectifying Japan as this one stereotype. Have fun living in Japan; it's a xenophobic society and they'll get annoyed by you too.

MusicAddictBabe

[6609]Nov 16, 2012
    I'm glad that's a good movie. One of my friends and I are going to see it tomorrow. I'm excited

VC - No offense taken because I completely agree. I feel like Japanese people really would get annoyed by them. They probably notice people like that and just think of us as weird wannabes or something. I can understand liking and really getting into some cultures (especially maybe if it's your heritage), but there's a line between liking something and being downright obsessed with it. It's just like having an obsession with anything else - it's a bit much. In fact, there's an anime club at my school, and most of them are nuts. I'm not even saying that to be mean. It's just that I've noticed a trend in most of them: they're either crazy, snobby, or creepers. And like I said, I have nothing against anime (or Japan, etc.). I like some anime...well, actually, the only ones I really know anything about are Naruto and Pokemon and used to watch ones like Hamtaro when I was younger...so...maybe the more mainstream ones...but still. Another thing I don't understand about people like that are how they will pay hundreds of dollars on cosplaying outfits...um...no. If you wouldn't pay $200 for an outfit at a department store, you shouldn't pay that much for an outfit you're only gonna wear a few times. Honestly, the only thing "cosplay-wise" I've ever bought was a Naruto headband, but that's because it was one thing at a fair price. And even that could easily be made with cheaper materials and still look good. Some of my friends and I are actually going as ninjas next year for Halloween and I'm telling you right now, there ain't no way in heck you're getting me to pay for some cosplaying outfit online. It's not worth the money, and most of the time, it's only stuff made by other people so that they can get their money's worth in selling it. You know what I'm doing? Buying a shirt that's in the color I need, cutting it up, and calling it a day (and, you know, making ninja tools and stuff out of cheap material). I'm not getting the outfit. I'm not dying my hair. I'm not getting contacts. Because it's not worth it. Buying stuff like that is like buying a premium chocolate bar at the store - it may be better quality, but it's not gonna last forever. Sorry. That was my little mini rant inside a bigger rant haha. It's just that people really astonish me sometimes. Especially when it comes to money-spending issues like that.

marcdragicevic

[6610]Nov 19, 2012
    @MAC - Seriously, they do believe that and all other sorts of outrageous things. USA is still my favourite country though.

MusicAddictBabe

[6611]Nov 19, 2012
    That's good to hear.

Speaking of some people believing just about anything, has anyone else heard of creepypasta?

marcdragicevic

[6612]Nov 19, 2012
    I never heard of "creepypasta."

teenj12

[6613]Nov 20, 2012
    I've heard of it

marcdragicevic

[6614]Nov 20, 2012
    I just looked it up and I couldn't get into the site.

MusicAddictBabe

[6615]Nov 21, 2012
    Basically, it's the online version of campfire stories. That's the best comparison I can think of. But anyway, they're these stories that people make up to freak other people out and are usually about someone finding some creepy hacked version of a game or conspiracy theory rumor type things for either shows or games that aren't true. For instance, one I've heard was about this guy who bought a bootleg version of an old Pokemon game at a yard sale. The game played like this - after you chose your starter, you had that Pokemon plus a ghost on your team; when you used the ghost, it only had one move called Curse that was a one-hit KO move and instead of making the Pokemon faint, it would die; after a battle, you were also given the option to use the move on the trainer who would also die and a tombstone was put in the place where the sprite would be; and after you finished the game, you were sent into the future to where your character is shown all the Pokemon and trainers he's killed with the ghost, and the game ends with the ghost locking you into a battle where he uses Curse on you and the game ends. (Ok, just bear with me, if you know nothing about Pokemon, that's ok, I just added all of that in there for detail. So, don't worry if I lost you.) Anyway, when the guy posted this story, he stated that he unfortunately lost the game when he moved out of his old house. In other words, he made it up.

That one's not too bad compared to a ton of others, but I know it's a more popular one. For the past couple nights, I've been watching Youtube videos featuring Creepypasta stories just for the heck of it. Most of the ones I've heard are pretty much the same, though - someone finds this game somewhere (at some sale, at the dump, on the street, you name it), takes it home to play it (even though the thought of there being a reason it was tossed out doesn't even cross his/her mind), notices that it starts out normal until he/she gets to a certain point where something doesn't seem right, plays through it only to find out that someone in the game dies or there's some other dark story behind it, and when they finally finish the game, they can't prove anything because they lost it or something like that.

There are some about theories behind some shows and games too. But they're more like conspiracy theories.

Some are actually rather interesting, even if they're not true. If you do look some up on Youtube, though, be prepared. Some videos come with fanart pictures and sound effects to go along with them.

pixarprincess

[6616]Nov 22, 2012

I've heard of creepypasta before, only because I've been digging around the brony community for too long (I got all my fandom info from TVTropes when I got started.)

Anyways, the correct answer I was looking for was The Big Bang Theory. (BAZINGA!) However, I did watch Bunheads back in summer and hope to watch it again if it's brought back in Januar. So, technically, that's correct too.

So, because I am generous today, I've missed you guys AND it is Thanksgiving, so cookies for everyone!

Oh, darn, I can't upload pictures on this computer.

Sheldon: Obviously you're not well-suited for three-dimensional chess. Perhaps three-dimensional Candyland would be more your speed.

BrookeParker

[6617]Nov 22, 2012
    • level: 12
    Happy Thanksgiving

teenj12

[6618]Nov 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving! What did everyone do?

Edited on 11/22/2012 8:17pm

MusicAddictBabe

[6619]Nov 23, 2012
    Yay for creepypasta! So creepy, you could...eat...it...up...or something....

Anyway, Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone (or Happy Black Friday)! I am thankful for my internet connection right now, for without it, I wouldn't be able to post this thank you comment.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and didn't eat too much lol.

marcdragicevic

[6620]Nov 23, 2012
    Creepypasta must be popular then, but they have some weird stories hence their name.