We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book 1: Air Discussion Thread

MarcolapinMar

[141]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 4
    shadowscott wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    shadowscott wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    I don't see why she'd go back to the water tribe to master the Avatar State..if anything, she would stay with Tenzin for the rest of her avatar training.

But, it could be an opportunity to have a focus on Mako instead of Korra for, I don't know, 2 or 3 episodes. We already know that the story is mainly about 3 characters of the show, korra, bolin and Mako. I'm just guessing that having another season with Mako as a main character could interesting. Of course, we also know that Zuko is supposed to be alive, so some episode could be about a '' fire themed '' one,

AMON is smarter, he would want her as a martyr to the eyes of the benders. I have no idea what he wants, but if the last episode title is correct, he would want a way to revive himself.

I must say that I had some ideas about who could be AMON and maybe it's a too longshot, but I was thinking about Tarrlok.

He certainly knows how to get what he wants and if he can't know, he knows how to get it in another way. He said he has Korra protected by his force, but no ones showed up at time. Of course, I'm just making my speculations.
    Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of him! He is trying to get Get Korra on his good side then strike!
    That could be the most easiest and typical way to show the vilain. But, I have no idea if they want to twist the story more.

see, i feel that it is TOO easy and TOO typical. Bryke are way more creative than that...

And did anyone notice this, but doesnt Asami remind you of Jun? Bounty Hunter lady?

Way more creative ? The first books were not very creative, Ozai was the most typical vilain...

And it was their first show. This one we know is supposed to be more mature. Not just "here's the villian... yeah"

I suppose, but, you can't be basically more creative. I mean they are what they are, if I was back in their shoes at that time, I would have made more twist in the first books, like a certain relationship by example.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[142]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 41

shadowscott wrote:
    And it was their first show. This one we know is supposed to be more mature. Not just "here's the villian... yeah"
    Well, it's more mature in that Amon truly has a good motive. Ozai was evil and no redeeming qualities, but here, well, the good guys made a forceful raid and violently took out a bunch of chi-blocker-trainees.

Amon might be evil, but his ideology is perfectly sound and can easily be taken as the side the viewer should root for.

M_AD_S

[143]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 5

I don't know how many episodes there suppose to be in the legend of korra, but inThe Voice in the Night. It just seemed like the people behind this serie is in a hurry too tell it, i thought there happened a lot. hope it's just ground building for the story, so there some episodes where it's more cooled down

WolfsBlackSoul

[144]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 1

I don't know why, but I get a bad feeling from Asami ... that she might be a chi-blocker and a spy for Amon. I'm not sure why though, I guess she could be just the non-bender of the group.

Edited on 04/28/2012 1:58pm

M_AD_S

[145]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 5
    WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

I don't know why, but I get a bad feeling from Asami ... that she might be a chi-blocker and a spy for Amon. I'm not sure why though, I guess she could be just the non-bender of the group.

almost all the hot women who just randomly drops from the "sky" are evil

edmasterchaos

[146]Apr 28, 2012

M_AD_S wrote:

I don't know how many episodes there suppose to be in the legend of korra, but inThe Voice in the Night. It just seemed like the people behind this serie is in a hurry too tell it, i thought there happened a lot. hope it's just ground building for the story, so there some episodes where it's more cooled down

Well, the first season is slated to 12 episodes, and while it was being made there were no indications for another season, so it was all made with a 12 episode limit at mind. We're going to see the entire Amon storyline and everything related get more intense and be resolved in 8 more episodes.

RaizenYusuke

[147]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 28
    M_AD_S wrote:
    WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

almost all the hot women who just randomly drops from the "sky" are evil
    I was thinking that too, but I really hope she is not evil or a villain. It would be refreshing to have a hot girl who gets in the middle of a will they or won't they situation not be evil. I have been meaning to come on here. The series is pretty good. They are doing a good a job focusing on Korra and the new characters and leaving the original characters out of the spot light to keep the story new and fresh.

AllieAllie

[148]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 22

WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

I can see that happening, its just as likely tho that she could just be an innocent girl IMO

Empace

[149]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 3

edmasterchaos wrote:

Well, it's more mature in that Amon truly has a good motive. Ozai was evil and no redeeming qualities, but here, well, the good guys made a forceful raid and violently took out a bunch of chi-blocker-trainees.

Amon might be evil, but his ideology is perfectly sound and can easily be taken as the side the viewer should root for.

I am 100 % on Amon's side right now. The government declares him society's enemy number one for taking away the powers from three criminals, and attacks a gathering that to me seems perfectly legal. I know Amon is a messed up guy, but he is right about the bender government being very oppressive.

And Korra?! Challenging him to a "duel"? I am seriously tired of her attitude right now. Other than kidnapping Bolin (who was mixed up with a very bad group at the time), what has Amon done to Korra? She needs to chill and talk to him, not go harassing people trying to learn how to defend themselves and try to solve everything with violence.

Hopefully the creators of the series start mixing in a little more gray in the painting of Amon's picture, for right not they are screwing over a reasonable movement and partly shooting themselves in the foot. Will the series discuss the possibility of a new order, or will Amon and the Equalists continue to be portrayed as a menace who existence in itself justifies extinction?

RaizenYusuke

[150]Apr 28, 2012
    Empace wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

I am 100 % on Amon's side right now. The government declares him society's enemy number one for taking away the powers from three criminals, and attacks a gathering that to me seems perfectly legal. I know Amon is a messed up guy, but he is right about the bender government being very oppressive.

And Korra?! Challenging him to a "duel"? I am seriously tired of her attitude right now. Other than kidnapping Bolin (who was mixed up with a very bad group at the time), what has Amon done to Korra? She needs to chill and talk to him, not go harassing people trying to learn how to defend themselves and try to solve everything with violence.

Hopefully the creators of the series start mixing in a little more gray in the painting of Amon's picture, for right not they are screwing over a reasonable movement and partly shooting themselves in the foot. Will the series discuss the possibility of a new order, or will Amon and the Equalists continue to be portrayed as a menace who existence in itself justifies extinction?

He seems gray to me now. As you mentioned everything he is preaching and done has been anything, but evil. He is gray to me. Taking away bending from criminals does not seem bad or good.

shadowscott

[151]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 23
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Empace wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

He seems gray to me now. As you mentioned everything he is preaching and done has been anything, but evil. He is gray to me. Taking away bending from criminals does not seem bad or good.

The only problem is he ISN'T just taking it from criminals. Yes, he hasn't done it yet that we know of, but he wants to rid the world of benders permanently. He didn't say "I want to rid the world of evil benders" No, he feels all benders are evil and "oppressors", which obviously isnt true.

WolfsBlackSoul

[152]Apr 28, 2012

Empace wrote:

Korra challenged him to a duel because she was scared and wanted to try to prove she wasn't. Amon does have a point that there are benders who use their powers to take advantage of people, but not all benders are like that. What the non-benders who support Amon fail to see is that bending is a part of who these people are and for the benders who haven't committed a crime, taking away their bending is as wrong and frightening as having someone threaten to cut off a limb. Amon might not have done anything truely "evil" yet, but for someone like Korra, who has been emersed in bending her entire life, whose identity is tied to bending, the idea that someone could take it away permanently is scary. She believes that she would be nothing without her bending, which is why she tried to avoid him at first, and then eventually tried to force her fear away by challenging him directly. I think it was good to see her vunerable side, that she is not just a powerful hothead.

MarcolapinMar

[153]Apr 28, 2012
    Is that even possible to energybend the avatar ??? You can corrupt his mind, but I don't think that could work from a normal person who started to energybend.

WolfsBlackSoul

[154]Apr 28, 2012

MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Is that even possible to energybend the avatar ??? You can corrupt his mind, but I don't think that could work from a normal person who started to energybend.

I'm not sure. The lion turtle told Aang that to bend someone's energy/spirit, his own spirit needed to be unbendable or it would corrupt him. If what Amon is doing is actually energy bending and if Korra had a strong unbendable spirit, it seems that he would not be able to take her bending away.

Edited on 04/28/2012 5:00pm

Empace

[155]Apr 28, 2012

WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

She (Korra) believes that she would be nothing without her bending ...

This is the problem of the series in general, and this season in particular. When benders value their bending the way they do, they automaticly look down on everyone who can't bend. I doubt Korra will be able to solve this in a way that pleases everyone.

RaizenYusuke

[156]Apr 28, 2012
    From my understanding Korra is vulnearble now because her spirt and conviction is not strong enough and can still be bent. I think if Amon had tried to take her bending from her today it would have succeeded and Korra would have been unable to bend any longer. However, I think the next Avatar would regain their bending. I think this season is goin revolve around Korra growth and hardening her resolve until she spirt bcomes unbendable and energy bendng being ineffective on her. That is my thoughts on the subject anyway. I also liked to see Korra being vulnearble and challenging Amon was stupid and totally human. I liked how Korra can be seen as the villain from an outside perspective. She immediately challenges a guy who preaches bending needs to be gone and has not done anything yet, making the non-benders think Amon may have a point. It turnstheAvatar a symbol of hope into a symbol if oppression to some.

Empace

[157]Apr 28, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    It turns the Avatar a symbol of hope into a symbol if oppression to some.

I proudly plead guilty to that!

MarcolapinMar

[158]Apr 28, 2012
    Korra is weak in her spiritual side, she needs to find a way to gain more power. ... she will have to find confidence, support and like sokka would say

SMOOOCHIIESS SMOOOOCHIIIESS

RaizenYusuke

[159]Apr 28, 2012
    Empace wrote:

WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

She (Korra) believes that she would be nothing without her bending ...

This is the problem of the series in general, and this season in particular. When benders value their bending the way they do, they automaticly look down on everyone who can't bend. I doubt Korra will be able to solve this in a way that pleases everyone.

I wouldn't go that far. Valuing ones bending does not necessary mean they look down on them. Bending is something they value no different from an artist who values his art or basketball player valuing his skill. If they lose it they would feel like something is missing and if they view themselves as an artisit or bender losing it would be horrible. This episode just showed us that benders fear losng what they identitfy themselves as the same as anyone else. Voting to make Amon an enemy really showed thei fear.

I wouldn't say they look down on non-benders or that non-benders think they are oppressed. I don't think the seriesi trying to paint benders as good or non-benders as bad. They are showing the vulnearble side of both of them and their fear of the other party which is what is stirrin up war. The fact that Korra cannot just make a decision that will satusfy all is perfect, because it is so real. Korra can't just beat some guy and have it be peaceful like with Aang and Ozai.

edmasterchaos

[160]Apr 28, 2012

These discussions mean that the series is good.