We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book 1: Air Discussion Thread

MarcolapinMar

[121]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 4
    shadowscott wrote:
    WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Here is how I see the plot, Korra will eventually leaves Republic City and she will move to the north pole.

Why do you think she will move to the North Pole? She already knows waterbending...

To master the Avatar State maybe, IDK that was my best guess

I guess maybe, but I think I heard that most of the series is going to take place in Republic City. I could see her traveling there to visit, and maybe some other places as well, but not moving there.

Yeah same here. I heard this show is supposed to be taking place mainly, if not all, in Republic City.

I'm just making theories, like I said, I know that one specific episode, she is going to wear her nordic cloth and that leads to a kissing scene as well. So, I'm wondering if there is any reason why she would wear her tribe clothes and that she is kissing mako on a pier.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nerdnot

[122]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 14
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    shadowscott wrote:
    WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Here is how I see the plot, Korra will eventually leaves Republic City and she will move to the north pole.

Why do you think she will move to the North Pole? She already knows waterbending...

To master the Avatar State maybe, IDK that was my best guess

I guess maybe, but I think I heard that most of the series is going to take place in Republic City. I could see her traveling there to visit, and maybe some other places as well, but not moving there.

Yeah same here. I heard this show is supposed to be taking place mainly, if not all, in Republic City.

I'm just making theories, like I said, I know that one specific episode, she is going to wear her nordic cloth and that leads to a kissing scene as well. So, I'm wondering if there is any reason why she would wear her tribe clothes and that she is kissing mako on a pier.
    How do you know its on a pier?

teenj12

[123]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 26
    I don't see why she'd go back to the water tribe to master the Avatar State..if anything, she would stay with Tenzin for the rest of her avatar training.

tansniper

[124]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 5
    i just saw asami being introduce..but now i dont trust her at all....i have a bad feeling abotu her =0 or maybe i am just raging for korra!1 haha =d

Miista

[125]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 16
    Korra is so dumb and weak. She is becoming more annoying. When she first appeared, she was clearly talented and gifted, having already perform the art of water bending, fire bending and earth bending, as well as a strong attitude. Now she is the complete opposite. She's another Aang, but as a girl. I believe the reason Amon didn't take Korra's bending away in Episode 4 was due to the fact that he can't! If he had tried, she would have known that it was fake.

Nerdnot

[126]Apr 28, 2012
    Miista wrote:
    Korra is so dumb and weak. She is becoming more annoying. When she first appeared, she was clearly talented and gifted, having already perform the art of water bending, fire bending and earth bending, as well as a strong attitude. Now she is the complete opposite. She's another Aang, but as a girl. I believe the reason Amon didn't take Korra's bending away in Episode 4 was due to the fact that he can't! If he had tried, she would have known that it was fake.
    First off, some of that was supposed to be in [ spoiler] tags. Second off, there is a different forum for you. SHE IS SO NOT AANG! You think Aang would be in Pro bending? That was up up Tophs( Hey maybe Toph stared pro bending!) alley if you ask me. The only reason she acts like Aang is because she is learning Airbending, the more she acts like Aang the closer she will be to be able to bend it!

Nerdnot

[127]Apr 28, 2012
    Holy crap! Adult Aang Kinda looks like my old science teacher, No joke!

edmasterchaos

[128]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 41

Miista wrote:
    ....what? Okay, first off, elaborate how she's like Aang.

Second off, duh. But, Amon does have a sound logic not to take her bending away, Korra has to be a failure/villain to the world before he 'takes her bending', so... i doubt he can take bending away, but at least he makes it plausible that he can.

MarcolapinMar

[129]Apr 28, 2012
    teenj12 wrote:
    I don't see why she'd go back to the water tribe to master the Avatar State..if anything, she would stay with Tenzin for the rest of her avatar training.

But, it could be an opportunity to have a focus on Mako instead of Korra for, I don't know, 2 or 3 episodes. We already know that the story is mainly about 3 characters of the show, korra, bolin and Mako. I'm just guessing that having another season with Mako as a main character could interesting. Of course, we also know that Zuko is supposed to be alive, so some episode could be about a '' fire themed '' one,

AMON is smarter, he would want her as a martyr to the eyes of the benders. I have no idea what he wants, but if the last episode title is correct, he would want a way to revive himself.

I must say that I had some ideas about who could be AMON and maybe it's a too longshot, but I was thinking about Tarrlok.

He certainly knows how to get what he wants and if he can't know, he knows how to get it in another way. He said he has Korra protected by his force, but no ones showed up at time. Of course, I'm just making my speculations.

shadowscott

[130]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 23
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

But, it could be an opportunity to have a focus on Mako instead of Korra for, I don't know, 2 or 3 episodes. We already know that the story is mainly about 3 characters of the show, korra, bolin and Mako. I'm just guessing that having another season with Mako as a main character could interesting. Of course, we also know that Zuko is supposed to be alive, so some episode could be about a '' fire themed '' one,

AMON is smarter, he would want her as a martyr to the eyes of the benders. I have no idea what he wants, but if the last episode title is correct, he would want a way to revive himself.

I must say that I had some ideas about who could be AMON and maybe it's a too longshot, but I was thinking about Tarrlok.

He certainly knows how to get what he wants and if he can't know, he knows how to get it in another way. He said he has Korra protected by his force, but no ones showed up at time. Of course, I'm just making my speculations.

I was thinking that, since he knew about the underground chi-blocking thing. And when he first started talking during the council meeting I was like, "wow, he's probably amon". But it just doesn't make that much sense. Yeah, he's trying to seize power just like amon, but i feel like itd be too obvious

MarcolapinMar

[131]Apr 28, 2012
    shadowscott wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

I was thinking that, since he knew about the underground chi-blocking thing. And when he first started talking during the council meeting I was like, "wow, he's probably amon". But it just doesn't make that much sense. Yeah, he's trying to seize power just like amon, but i feel like itd be too obvious

Yes, maybe he is just an opportunist seeing the possibility to seize power, then that would make him as a threat as well. Tarrlok as one leader benders and AMON as the leader of the equalist.

Nerdnot

[132]Apr 28, 2012
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of him! He is trying to get Get Korra on his good side then strike!

M_AD_S

[133]Apr 28, 2012
    • level: 5

Do you think that the whole story will be held in republic city??? or does Korra gets to travel??? I know she learned all bending, except air bending. And that the problem is inrepublic city, so why would she. But it was just a thought

readapost

[134]Apr 28, 2012
    Wow the voice in the night was good! The ending was a twist seeing Sokka, Aang and Toph as adults plus more shipping. This just goes to prove this show has not lost it's touch.

MarcolapinMar

[135]Apr 28, 2012
    readapost wrote:
    Wow the voice in the night was good! The ending was a twist seeing Sokka, Aang and Toph as adults plus more shipping. This just goes to prove this show has not lost it's touch.

No, I think it's going to be deeper in each episodes. We never know where it's going to lead. Sure we can make speculations, but, who knows really ...

MarcolapinMar

[136]Apr 28, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of him! He is trying to get Get Korra on his good side then strike!

That could be the most easiest and typical way to show the vilain. But, I have no idea if they want to twist the story more.

ShagonsHeart

[137]Apr 28, 2012

Tarrlok is a possibility. This whole Anti-Amon tasks force could be a ploy to get more support for the anti-bender revolution. Or it could be a red herring. I'm going to throw out a wild card and say maybe it's Sato. He's a non bender with humble beginnings and can financially back a big movement like this. Weather Asami is in on it or is being used may also be a possibility. I still think we've already met an unmasked Amon.

shadowscott

[138]Apr 28, 2012
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

That could be the most easiest and typical way to show the vilain. But, I have no idea if they want to twist the story more.

see, i feel that it is TOO easy and TOO typical. Bryke are way more creative than that...

And did anyone notice this, but doesnt Asami remind you of Jun? Bounty Hunter lady?

MarcolapinMar

[139]Apr 28, 2012
    shadowscott wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

see, i feel that it is TOO easy and TOO typical. Bryke are way more creative than that...

And did anyone notice this, but doesnt Asami remind you of Jun? Bounty Hunter lady?

Way more creative ? The first books were not very creative, Ozai was the most typical vilain...

shadowscott

[140]Apr 28, 2012
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    shadowscott wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

Way more creative ? The first books were not very creative, Ozai was the most typical vilain...

And it was their first show. This one we know is supposed to be more mature. Not just "here's the villian... yeah"