We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

The Official The Last Airbender Movie Thread

chicamusica12

[102]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 13

T7F wrote:

How about this

Bryke:So lets get started

M.N.:Well I thought Toph should be left ou-

Bryke:Alright so cast an Asian as Toph

M.N.:Well I thought Toph would be played by Megan Fo-

Bryke:Here's an idea why don't you go get us some water

You. I don't know who you are or what gender, but please marry me right here. XD

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bl0ndi3girl18

[103]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 9
    Why didn't they co-write the first one?

RentonThurston

[104]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 10
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:

they should have. They probably watched it and realized what trash it was and decided they better save it..

Willy105

[105]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 11
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:

They were writing Korra.

When Korra goes into production, I assume that's when they will go to work on The Last Airbender 2, if it happens.

T7F

[106]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 7

Willy105 wrote:
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:
    They were writing Korra. When Korra goes into production, I assume that's when they will go to work on The Last Airbender 2, if it happens.
    or they thought M Night would do a good job then realized he couldnt do it so they helped

T7F

[107]Jul 23, 2010

I love the way they test for the avatar in the movieverse and they mention Hama

snowprincess456

[108]Jul 23, 2010
    • level: 15
    Screw the sequel..Let's just skip straight to a reboot with at least a decent director..

T7F

[109]Jul 23, 2010

im gonna say it.......

I LOVE THE MOVIE

nipah1

[110]Jul 24, 2010
    • level: 2

YES!! THE MOVIE WAS AWESOME!! >:3

T7F

[111]Jul 24, 2010

some one agrees with me yay! here are some tips to enjoy the movie, at least 1 person has said this gave him a different perspective.

• Do NOT try and compare it to the show.

• Do NOT listen to the reviewers and complainers, they all list mistakes in the movie, however, if you pay attention, you realize that they are there, just in a smaller form. Eveeryone has been listening to what another person says, however, it affects their opinion of the movie.

• Do NOT complain about the bending, when the gaang is training, they are doing many moves, but nothing happens, this is actually because they aren't trying to bend, they are just practicing their form.

• DO try and pay attention, some scenes go by fast.

• DONT worry if a character was not included, the next movie will probably not miss anyone because it is written by the creators.

• DONT complain, thses complaints about Aang are not true, he does smile, just less so. As said before, the characters are not trying to bend, they are just practicing their form. Zuko is still Mr.McAgnst.

tico1125

[112]Jul 27, 2010
    • level: 6

Let me make one important fact clear to everyone. Even though there is some evidence showing that Bryke had some involvement in the movie, they are stepping out of it. Proof is in the following link with regards to Legend of Korra:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/07/21/legend-of-korra-the-creators-of-avatar-the-last-airbender-on-the-new-spinoff/

Here are the 2 questions they ask Bryke in regards to the movie:

What did you guys think of the live-action version of "The Last Airbender"?

Konietzko: We're just really focused on this new show right now, and kind of taking this off in its own direction and not concerning ourselves with that right now.

So you didn't follow the casting controversy about the movie version of "The Last Airbender"?

Konietzko: We didn't head up that film. We're just happy to be back generating the original content in this mythology, which is what we do.

Therefore the movie is dead and I hope it stays that way. They distanced themselves from the movie. M. Night may claim to have kept them involved, but in the end, he did everything his way and said, "Screw Bryke. I can write better than they can!"

Seriously. Do you really think that they would have allowed him to change the names of Sokka and Aang. Especially Aang since he is the main character! The movie has some cool elements, but as for portraying the great story that is AtLA, it is a big failure. I have a buddy here at work. He saw the movie and never seen the show. After watching the movie (which he thought was good initially) he started watching the series. He loves the show and now has a bad taste of the movie. See what I am talking about? Yes comparing the movie to the show is comparing apples to oranges, but it is also supposed to be apples to apples since one is based off the other. I mean come on people. If anything, you should want to smack M. Night around for it.

elementavatar14

[113]Jul 27, 2010
    • level: 8

i havnt been on here in ages.

as i watched this movie, however, my only thought was to get on here and see if the rest of the avatar fan population thought the movie was as bad as i did. apparentally so...

y can't firebenders make fire out of nothing? that was ridiculous. everyone was freaking out that iroh could do it. the mispronunced names? wtf, give me a break here. i won't even delve into the acting...not to mention that scene in the earthbender camp, like 6 earthbenders made simultaneous movements and one small rock lifted up! haha. it was pathetic! also, all the bending movements in themselves took much too long. annnd anng should have frikkin blew up some fire navy ships! i get the fact that he isnt supposed to do harm to anyone, but the fact is...he really did blow up a bunch of ships in the series! its the main reason he doesnt want to go into the avatar state in the second book!

sigh....there you go again hollywood. destroying everything i love.

qtwanderer

[114]Jul 27, 2010
    • level: 27
    T7F wrote:

***SPOILER***
    I went to see it with those things in mind and it still sucked From a movie prospective the pacing was awful, the storytelling was ridiculous also. I have been thinking if it is just "the now" and maybe it will become a type of cult-classic...I do not see that happening >.>

T7F

[115]Jul 27, 2010

Nonononono, they distanced themselves from The Last Airbender they didnt say anything about the sequel.

cg_619

[116]Jul 29, 2010
    • level: 24

This movie was so terrible I was squirming in my seat the whole time. I can't believe this sucky director butchered the best cartoon ever.

DarkJediJCer

[117]Aug 1, 2010
    • level: 9
    When my friend went to go see it with his buddies they were all in the car driving home, completely silent, until he broke it with "Well that sucked."
    Sigh. Curse you M Night Shamallama! *shakes fist*

dancing_avatard

[118]Aug 2, 2010
    • level: 3

http://limey404.deviantart.com/art/the-gaang-does-not-approve-WIP-169747592?q=sort%3Atime+gallery%3Alimey404&qo=1

^^^^ I agree with the gaang on this movie, especially Zuko.

btw sorry its not hyperlinked, I stillhave to figure out how to do that.

Edited on 08/02/2010 1:51pm

T7F

[119]Aug 2, 2010
    dancing_avatard wrote:

http://limey404.deviantart.com/art/the-gaang-does-not-approve-WIP-169747592?q=sort%3Atime+gallery%3Alimey404&qo=1

^^^^ I agree with the gaang on this movie, especially Zuko.

btw sorry its not hyperlinked, I stillhave to figure out how to do that.

i....disgree *sits down*

elementavatar14

[120]Aug 2, 2010
    • level: 8

snowprincess456 wrote:
    Screw the sequel..Let's just skip straight to a reboot with at least a decent director..

YES.

laurenmoo78

[121]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 5
    Preemptive warning: Don't call me a newb; I just haven't posted anything since the series ended a few years ago.

This film represents the latest and LARGEST in a string of mentally challenged choices the Nickelodeon execs have made with this franchise, and not only did it cost Nick $150 mil, it will end up costing us as well. If the new series is as bad as the movie (and now I'm really scared it will be), that will be the death knoll for ATLA, and they won't want to throw any more money at it.

We've all discussed the merchandising mistakes Nick made; the toys and products for sale were not marketed towards the people who actually watched the show, and I watched sadly as nearly all of the items at Walmart went quickly from the main racks to the clearance shelves; there were no tee shirts, no jewelry, no backpacks or school supplies, Appa or Momo plushies (I would've paid good money for a huge stuffed Appa), nothing at all that would appeal to the actual viewers. The only things that I found to buy that were even remotely appropriate were the books and graphic novels, of which I own several (one of the ones that I bought from a Scholastic catalog came with a lanyard, and that was cool too).

The next signs of trouble showed up in season 3, which I expected to END with "Day of Black Sun," not have that rushed to the middle. Season 3 left more loose ends than closet of sloppy tennis shoes; where is Zuko's mother? What's the real history behind the Order of the White Lotus? Just when did Iroh visit the spirit world (alluded to during "Siege of the North")? Where is Azula being held? Did Aang take her bending too? And, most importantly, where are the other Air Nomads? There have to be other Airbenders or the cycle will end after the next fire Avatar. THAT'S a plot hole big enough for an entire fourth season, but I'll get to that later in this rant.

Side Observation: The new ATLA-related series could've been about the life of Iroh, with all of the intriguing stuff that was only just hinted at in the show--now THAT would be interesting. They could've called it "Dragon of the West."

The movie... *sigh* What can I say that hasn't already been said by millions of severely disappointed and disillusioned fans? A MUCH better use for the money would've been Book 4: Air, in which Zuko finally finds his mother, Aang finds other airbenders (probably with the help of Koh; wasn't Aang supposed to see him again--another little hint from "Siege of the North"?), the "boys" of the group are kidnapped and inducted into the White Lotus in a two-parter that reveals the origins of the secret society, AND we get a flashback episode in which we actually get to see Iroh break out of prison (my husband wanted to see that soooo bad; and after all of those lead-ups with the exercise, too).

My final question is this: where the hell are Mike and Bry? What do they have to say about this? Didn't they have any input AT ALL that would have saved us all from this travesty of a film? I've already lost so much respect for M. Night after this. The film looks like it was edited to death. Why wasn't someone there to say how wrong it was?

I'm scared to watch the new series. It's so sad how something so beautiful and brilliant was just totally trashed and destroyed. I don't think I can take another let-down from ATLA.