We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

QUESTION/ANSWER THREAD. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS updated 22/7/08

TVGUY2007

[341]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 10
    This is a question about the dongbufeng website is this site made by the creators of avatar because I really dont think that anyone can just give us a title for 314 just wondering?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MCMLXVI

[342]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 19
    SokkasBoomerang wrote:
    also if you say the moon was first waterbender(refering to creators) then the first firebender should be the sun right?
    Japanthewoman wrote:
    I wouldn't think so. The moon always pushes and pulls the tides but the sun doesn't always set things on fire.

Jeong Jeong said that the sun is the greatest source of fire, yet it is in complete balance with nature. I think the first firebenders had to observe how other things in nature, like a forest or a field, are affected by fire-- when it spreads and when it breaks. I don't remember mention of fire or sun spirits {maybe The Deserter chapter?}, but we have heard of the moon and ocean spirits {The Siege of the North chapter}, and earth spirits {The Great Divide chapter}.

elementavatar14

[343]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 8

i find it funny, not to b rude, tht each page has like 5 ppl asking the same question, but its always differnt.

like how do i level up was all last page and like 5 ppl asked.

and then the page b4 tht was about spoiler tags.

Spike815

[344]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 14
    TVGUY2007 wrote:
    This is a question about the dongbufeng website is this site made by the creators of avatar because I really dont think that anyone can just give us a title for 314 just wondering?

Dongbufong was created and is maintaned by our own banhammer carrier, Pooldude. He apperently has an "inside source", and many have even speculated he works for Nick. Most of his information has been true in the past, so I see no reason to doubt him.

srebak

[345]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 18
    You know, when you think about it, amybe it was a good thing that Zuko joined the group. Sooner or later the gAang will have to go back to being undercover. And with Zuko on the team, they'll have a better P.O.V. of the Fire Nation and it's culture. Especially since Aang's knowledge of the Fire Nation is 100 years out of date.
    Edited on 01/07/2008 6:42pm

SokkasBoomerang

[346]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 4

shybaby13 wrote:
    the waterbenders from different regions have different styles, right? so do airbenders from different temples have differentsyles?

we dont know if airbender from different temples have different styles. we have only seen one airbender. even in the flasbacks we only saw airbenders from the southern temple. i dont think that their styles would differ a lot because they all lived in the same culture and surroundings(except western air temple). waterbenders and earthbender do vary their styles a lot(eg. bumi/toph or katara/swampbenders). but everyone also has their one style like aang. he invented the air scooter or azula with her blue fire

SokkasBoomerang

[347]Jan 8, 2008

srebak wrote:
    You know, when you think about it, amybe it was a good thing that Zuko joined the group. Sooner or later the gAang will have to go back to being undercover. And with Zuko on the team, they'll have a better P.O.V. of the Fire Nation and it's culture. Especially since Aang's knowledge of the Fire Nation is 100 years out of date.

thats true that zuko has more knowlegde about the firenation but it wont do them any good. its not like they could go on vacation in the firenation. he might be able to tell the gaang that the firelord has a crap backhand but thats about it

MCMLXVI

[348]Jan 8, 2008
    Miss_Katara wrote:
    To me it seems the waterbenders learned the basics from the Moon, i.e. the push and pull motion, I think they figured out the rest by themselves... I gotta admit though [learning] the waterwhip from the moon is really tough
    They learn the basics from the moon, but human experience with waterbending is probably where the rest of the waterbending forms came from.

tomtitan

[349]Jan 8, 2008
    SokkasBoomerang wrote:

shybaby13 wrote:
    the waterbenders from different regions have different styles, right? so do airbenders from different temples have differentsyles?

we dont know if airbender from different temples have different styles. we have only seen one airbender. even in the flasbacks we only saw airbenders from the southern temple. i dont think that their styles would differ a lot because they all lived in the same culture and surroundings(except western air temple). waterbenders and earthbender do vary their styles a lot(eg. bumi/toph or katara/swampbenders). but everyone also has their one style like aang. he invented the air scooter or azula with her blue fire

that's true, but if bending from each of the temples was exactly the same i'd be very surprised, they must have had at least some variation in their technique, just like how people from the same country can have very different accents.

RellikofSouls

[350]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 6
    tomtitan wrote:
    SokkasBoomerang wrote:

shybaby13 wrote:

that's true, but if bending from each of the temples was exactly the same i'd be very surprised, they must have had at least some variation in their technique, just like how people from the same country can have very different accents.

True, like England with her many religions and cultures.

tomtitan

[351]Jan 8, 2008
    RellikofSouls wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    SokkasBoomerang wrote:

shybaby13 wrote:

actually, that's due to people immigrating and bringing their ways of life here to enrich ours, what i was referring to is that even though they're the same nationality they have different ways of life.

WiseLad

[352]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 14
    tomtitan wrote:
    RellikofSouls wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    SokkasBoomerang wrote:

shybaby13 wrote:

actually, that's due to people immigrating and bringing their ways of life here to enrich ours, what i was referring to is that even though they're the same nationality they have different ways of life.

as nomads, they probably have a mixture of all cultures throughout the 4 nations in their bending techniques....

everything has implied that the young go to one of the 4 temples to be trained, than sometime between 16 and 20 they leave the temple and either travel around, or settle down somewhere in the 4 nations that is not the temples....... and SOME OF THEM either as soon as they "graduate" or when they are older(50 or more in age) choose to stay in the temples and become teachers

tomtitan

[353]Jan 8, 2008
    WiseLad wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    RellikofSouls wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    SokkasBoomerang wrote:

shybaby13 wrote:

as nomads, they probably have a mixture of all cultures throughout the 4 nations in their bending techniques....

everything has implied that the young go to one of the 4 temples to be trained, than sometime between 16 and 20 they leave the temple and either travel around, or settle down somewhere in the 4 nations that is not the temples....... and SOME OF THEM either as soon as they "graduate" or when they are older(50 or more in age) choose to stay in the temples and become teachers

that would be the logical idea, you train in the temples then at a certain age you become a nomad or stay to learn more.

ddendong116

[354]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 12
    I think each temple had its own 'style'. but has anyone noticed a real difference between Southern WT and Northern WT style? It doesnt have to be obvious. Technically speaking, everyone has their own style.

MarryLarry

[355]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 11
    Out of all the various forms, I prefer Sokka Style.

ReflectTheStorm

[356]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 6

MarryLarry wrote:
    Out of all the various posistions, I prefer Sokka Style.

Agreed.

Miss_Katara

[357]Jan 9, 2008
    Soo, is the next chapter airing the 18th? Anyone have an idea?

TheNextAvatar

[358]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 8
    Miss_Katara wrote:
    isnt it on the 11th? i think i read from some topics saying 11 and 18 are the dates. but im not sure

Miss_Katara

[359]Jan 9, 2008
    TheNextAvatar wrote:
    Miss_Katara wrote:
    isnt it on the 11th? i think i read from some topics saying 11 and 18 are the dates. but im not sure

The next two episode of Avatar will be aired on YTV on the 11th, and 18th thats what it says on their website. Whether these episodes are new, idk.

Because DongbuFeng will release the name of 314 on the 11th, and it always happened before it aired anywhere, i'd say 314 will air after the 11th. But as stated on their website, it might air the 11th. No one knows. (well, not anyone among us)

ash7788

[360]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 5

tomtitan wrote:
    Kas_dude wrote:
    ash7788 wrote:
    wats the name of 314
    we've been given 8 options- check out www.dongbufeng.net its all n there
    they've gotten rid of 2 more options, it's now down to: white lotus boiling rock enlightened dragon of the west necklace bloodbender

i gues its dragon of the west