We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

QUESTION/ANSWER THREAD. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS updated 22/7/08

kosy1

[321]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 4
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tars
    tomtitan wrote:

hi there! me again. i feel pretty bad for getting the last AAQGAA thread locked, so i've made a new one! i feel the AAQGAA thread is very important, because without it lots of unnecessary threads are being created, for example 'what was the name of episode 201?' is a question that can be answered here, it doesn't need a new thread to be created.

this thread (in case you didn't know) is a thread where any question can be asked, for example, the ever so popular 'when will 313 air?', if you have any question concerning the show, this forum etc. please use this thread, don't make another one.

so pooldude, please pin this, it will help the whole community so much.

thanks,

tomtitan

oh, btw, before you get any ideas, FIRST!

we really need this thread, but is not PD we have to talk about this, its to the noobs (no offence) that we have to talk to, they just keep creating new threads, lets make sure they now about this, and USE IT!

if this thread gets pinned i will put 'PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR ANY QUESTIONS' in the title.

that must do the trick

obviously i don't expect all noobish threads to be solved by this thread, but having this thread does reduce the number of pointless threads.

well i don't think it will reduce the number, every noob's dream is to create a new thread

fix'd for spelling and grammar.
    Hey!! no fair, you created the thread, you can't call FIRST!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

siva500

[324]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 8
    hey does anyone know when the next episode

ash7788

[325]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 5
    wats the name of 314

SokkasBoomerang

[326]Jan 7, 2008
    Miss_Katara wrote:
    SokkasBoomerang wrote:

now we all know that the first airbenders were sky bisons, the first earthbenders were bagermoles and the first firebenders were dragons. now who were the first waterbenders? dont tell me it was the moon because the moon cant teach anyone it has to be an animal.

ps. this question is killing me please answer!!

We wouldn't want Sokka's Boomerang get killed, would we? So I'll help you out:

Princess Yue (voice over): The legends say the moon was the first waterbender. (The camera view zooms backward to reveal Katara, Aang and Yue looking at the moon over the city from a room in the citadel. Aang's holds his head low.) Our ancestors saw how it pushed and pulled the tides and learned how to do it themselves.
    Katara: I've always noticed my waterbending is stronger at night.
    Princess Yue: Our strength comes from the Spirit of the Moon, our life comes from the Spirit of the Ocean. They work together to keep balance.

As for it being a legend: same for Eartbending, that was a legend too.

thanks for that

that must of been tough for the first waterbending people to learn anything other than pushing and pulling the water.

first waterbender: hey moon, i wanna learn the waterwhip. can you teach me?

moon: *pushes and pulls water*

first waterbender: i already know that. cann you teach me something else?

that must of sucked beeing a waterbender back then. but there has to be a waterbending animal, like the other nations, that tought them other moves.

also if you say the moon was first waterbender(refering to creators) then the first firebender should be the sun right?

Japanthewoman

[327]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 6

SokkasBoomerang wrote:
    also if you say the moon was first waterbender(refering to creators) then the first firebender should be the sun right?

I wouldn't think so. The moon always pushes and pulls the tides but the sun doesn't always set things on fire.

Miss_Katara

[328]Jan 7, 2008
    Japanthewoman wrote:

SokkasBoomerang wrote:

I wouldn't think so. The moon always pushes and pulls the tides but the sun doesn't always set things on fire.

I think you're right.

To me it seems the waterbenders learned the basics from the Moon, i.e. the push and pull motion, I think they figured out the rest by themselves, of maybe the Unagi? idk, it isn't really clear. I gotta admit though learned the waterwhip from the moon is really tough xD

tomtitan

[329]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 19
    siva500 wrote:
    hey does anyone know when the next episode

no one knows for sure when the next episode comes out, although it's probably friday. and no one knows its name, this will be revealed on friday.

Kas_dude

[330]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 14
    ash7788 wrote:
    wats the name of 314
    we've been given 8 options- check out www.dongbufeng.net its all n there

tomtitan

[331]Jan 7, 2008
    Kas_dude wrote:
    ash7788 wrote:
    wats the name of 314
    we've been given 8 options- check out www.dongbufeng.net its all n there

they've gotten rid of 2 more options, it's now down to:
    white lotus
    boiling rock
    enlightened
    dragon of the west
    necklace
    bloodbender

Wefas7Virgo

[332]Jan 7, 2008
    tomtitan wrote:
    Wefas7Virgo wrote:

***SPOILER***
    And does anyone know when Avatar Abridged 6 is coming out? (I'm very ipatient)

to answer your first question

***SPOILER***
    to answer #2: y'know how we all wait impatiently for new avatar episodes, never knowing for sure when they'll come out, then screaming cheers of joy when they do? the same principal applies here, no one knows when it's coming out (besides ganXingba, his new partner and kung-fu action jesus)
    Dang! No Abridged airing early in Canada and then leaked onto the internet from that, then? There goes my Monday.

tomtitan

[333]Jan 7, 2008
    Wefas7Virgo wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    Wefas7Virgo wrote:

***SPOILER***
    And does anyone know when Avatar Abridged 6 is coming out? (I'm very ipatient)

to answer your first question

***SPOILER***
    to answer #2: y'know how we all wait impatiently for new avatar episodes, never knowing for sure when they'll come out, then screaming cheers of joy when they do? the same principal applies here, no one knows when it's coming out (besides ganXingba, his new partner and kung-fu action jesus)
    Dang! No Abridged airing early in Canada and then leaked onto the internet from that, then? There goes my Monday.

seanroylv

[334]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    I've got a question and it was really related to avatar, but I will just ask anyway.
    What exactly contribute to the levels of the person? When I was in level one, my level of completion increase just by posting, but I am in level two now, while I posted some posts, but my level of completion doesn't seem to change at all for at least two week from now, did any of you know why? Just curious and seemed strange to me.

Miss_Katara

[335]Jan 7, 2008
    seanroylv wrote:
    I've got a question and it was really related to avatar, but I will just ask anyway.
    What exactly contribute to the levels of the person? When I was in level one, my level of completion increase just by posting, but I am in level two now, while I posted some posts, but my level of completion doesn't seem to change at all for at least two week from now, did any of you know why? Just curious and seemed strange to me.

every level its harder to get %'s
    Changing your icon, and sig etc. gives points. Adding reviews gives points, and also visiting this site say by day gives points, but one actions gives more than another.

Kas_dude

[336]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 14
    Miss_Katara wrote:
    seanroylv wrote:
    I've got a question and it was really related to avatar, but I will just ask anyway. What exactly contribute to the levels of the person? When I was in level one, my level of completion increase just by posting, but I am in level two now, while I posted some posts, but my level of completion doesn't seem to change at all for at least two week from now, did any of you know why? Just curious and seemed strange to me.
    every level its harder to get %'s Changing your icon, and sig etc. gives points. Adding reviews gives points, and also visiting this site say by day gives points, but one actions gives more than another.
    Also, glitches help everyone who isnt me i know someone who had something like 100 posts, 2 reviews, no submissions, no favourites etc... and he got glitched and went from level 1 to elvel 13 in 2 days

shybaby13

[337]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 15
    the waterbenders from different regions have different styles, right? so do airbenders from different temples have differentsyles?

seanroylv

[338]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    Kas_dude wrote:
    Miss_Katara wrote:
    seanroylv wrote:
    I've got a question and it was really related to avatar, but I will just ask anyway. What exactly contribute to the levels of the person? When I was in level one, my level of completion increase just by posting, but I am in level two now, while I posted some posts, but my level of completion doesn't seem to change at all for at least two week from now, did any of you know why? Just curious and seemed strange to me.
    every level its harder to get %'s Changing your icon, and sig etc. gives points. Adding reviews gives points, and also visiting this site say by day gives points, but one actions gives more than another.
    Also, glitches help everyone who isnt me i know someone who had something like 100 posts, 2 reviews, no submissions, no favourites etc... and he got glitched and went from level 1 to elvel 13 in 2 days

Ok, now I know much better, thanks!

himmanx

[340]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 3
    Not really related but, how do ya level up?