We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

QUESTION/ANSWER THREAD. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS updated 22/7/08

avrurakinninami

[301]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 21
    Anyone know what Katara is going to do, now that she's totally useless to the team, except for kissing ?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tomtitan

[302]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 19
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    Anyone know what Katara is going to do, now that she's totally useless to the team, except for kissing ?

since when did she become useless? just because she wasn't the main character for 1 episode doesn't mean she's pointless!

Miss_Katara

[303]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 4
    tomtitan wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:

since when did she become useless? just because she wasn't the main character for 1 episode doesn't mean she's pointless!

He can't take it that with this new episode there still isn't Zuatara, and probably never will be... xD

MCMLXVI

[304]Jan 6, 2008
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    Iroh had to study waterbenders to learn how to change the direction of lightning. Zuko may be able to learn new ways to firebend by watching Katara waterbend. Maybe Katara can learn new ways to waterbend by watching Zuko or Aang firebend. They call me a cockeyed optimist, and that's what my optimism says today.

avrurakinninami

[305]Jan 6, 2008
    tomtitan wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:

Yes, she's. You just deny it.

tomtitan

[306]Jan 6, 2008
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    Iroh had to study waterbenders to learn how to change the direction of lightning. Zuko may be able to learn new ways to firebend by watching Katara waterbend. Maybe Katara can learn new ways to waterbend by watching Zuko or Aang firebend. They call me a cockeyed optimist, and that's what my optimism says today.

zuko has learned from waterbenders, look at the attack he did against azula in XRoD in the earth king's palace, if that's not based off waterbending, i don'r know what is.

MCMLXVI

[307]Jan 6, 2008
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    zuko has learned from waterbenders, look at the attack he did against azula in XRoD in the earth king's palace, if that's not based off waterbending, i don'r know what is.
    I gotta refresh my memory.

avrurakinninami

[308]Jan 6, 2008
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:

It doesnt change the fact that she's completly useless.

tomtitan

[309]Jan 6, 2008
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:

why is she useless?

MCMLXVI

[310]Jan 6, 2008
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    I guess we'll have to see, especially since I can't spoil anything past Firebending Masters. Surely there's still use for the primaries.

MCMLXVI

[311]Jan 6, 2008
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    OK, I refreshed my memory. It was over so quickly, thanks to those Dai Lee agents.

tomtitan

[312]Jan 6, 2008
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    OK, I refreshed my memory. It was over so quickly, thanks to those Dai Lee agents.

yeah, it was the only move he did in the fight.

tvcrazy12

[313]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 16

it sorta looks lik a waterbending move, but wat else does it look like...

tomtitan

[314]Jan 6, 2008
    tvcrazy12 wrote:

it sorta looks lik a waterbending move, but wat else does it look like...

thanks for the find, if you look at how he generated the fire, it looks similar to pakku's move in the opening credits.

MCMLXVI

[315]Jan 6, 2008
    Thanks for the screenshot. "Water is the element of change," and Zuko changed the direction of his fire.

tomtitan

[316]Jan 6, 2008
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    Thanks for the screenshot. "Water is the element of change," and Zuko changed the direction of his fire.

it's more simple than that, zuko did a waterbending move to make fire.

tvcrazy12

[317]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 16
    tomtitan wrote:
    MCMLXVI wrote:

yea that sounds right. how did iroh watch waterbenders? was it during the siege of the north

suss3it

[318]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 9
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    MCMLXVI wrote:

yea that sounds right. how did iroh watch waterbenders? was it during the siege of the north
    It has to be earlier then that since Iroh redirected lightning in The Storm.

SokkasBoomerang

[319]Jan 6, 2008

now we all know that the first airbenders were sky bisons, the first earthbenders were bagermoles and the first firebenders were dragons. now who were the first waterbenders? dont tell me it was the moon because the moon cant teach anyone it has to be an animal.

ps. this question is killing me please answer!!

Miss_Katara

[320]Jan 6, 2008
    SokkasBoomerang wrote:

now we all know that the first airbenders were sky bisons, the first earthbenders were bagermoles and the first firebenders were dragons. now who were the first waterbenders? dont tell me it was the moon because the moon cant teach anyone it has to be an animal.

ps. this question is killing me please answer!!

We wouldn't want Sokka's Boomerang get killed, would we? So I'll help you out:

Princess Yue (voice over): The legends say the moon was the first waterbender. (The camera view zooms backward to reveal Katara, Aang and Yue looking at the moon over the city from a room in the citadel. Aang's holds his head low.) Our ancestors saw how it pushed and pulled the tides and learned how to do it themselves.
    Katara: I've always noticed my waterbending is stronger at night.
    Princess Yue: Our strength comes from the Spirit of the Moon, our life comes from the Spirit of the Ocean. They work together to keep balance.

As for it being a legend: same for Eartbending, that was a legend too.