We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

OFFICIAL "SOZIN'S COMET" THE BOOK thread *POSSIBLY MASSIVE SPOILERS*

daveshanFromGMU

[1]May 8, 2008
    • level: 8

This thread is for the book "Sozin's Comet," which will be released on May 9, long before the final episode airs.

Seeing as the book is not written by Mike and/or Bryan, there are some discrepancies as to whether or not any events that happen in the book should be treated as if they will happen in the show; this includes battle outcomes, character deaths, and relationships.

Because of this discrepancy, anything and everything related to the book will be discussed here. Do not make more threads, do not let the information leak into other threads, and do not spoil the ending for anyone else who may want to read the book.

A summary and description of the book can be found here: http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=616354

Thank you for not spoiling.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shadowysea07

[2]May 8, 2008
    • level: 25
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

This thread is for the book "Sozin's Comet," which will be released on May 9, long before the final episode airs.

Seeing as the book is not written by Mike and/or Bryan, there are some discrepancies as to whether or not any events that happen in the book should be treated as if they will happen in the show; this includes battle outcomes, character deaths, and relationships.

Because of this discrepancy, anything and everything related to the book will be discussed here. Do not make more threads, do not let the information leak into other threads, and do not spoil the ending for anyone else who may want to read the book.

A summary and description of the book can be found here: http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=616354

Thank you for not spoiling.

thanks for making this thread

this should so get pinned.

DrAvatar

[3]May 8, 2008
    • level: 16
    SgtHydra already created a thread about this, and I politly ask that you post there instead.

WiseLad

[4]May 8, 2008
    • level: 14
    DrAvatar wrote:
    SgtHydra already created a thread about this, and I politly ask that you post there instead.

do you realize that SGT HYDRA HIMSELF asked that someone create a thread like this one in the thread you talking about? (the one about fact the book might be available ahead of time)

rockon45

[5]May 8, 2008
    • level: 15
    If someone gets it, can they find a way to tell ppl what happened who can't get it Please?

picaboomman

[6]May 8, 2008
    • level: 18
    wait.....why is it coming out on may 9?

WiseLad

[7]May 8, 2008
    picaboomman wrote:

rumor

http://www.amazon.com/Sozins-Comet-Final-Battle-Avatar/dp/1416958274

it says "in stock"

don't know how it is in "regular stores"

LeonMorado

[8]May 8, 2008
    • level: 19
    picaboomman wrote:
    that's an unconfirmed rumor. several bookstores are supposedly receiving shipments on may 9, but the publication date is set for may 20, meaning they're not allowed to sell it until then. amazon has it ready to order, but there's no mention of when they'd send it if you ordered now.

edmasterchaos

[9]May 8, 2008
    • level: 41
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    IMO, someone should get the book as soon as possible and read it, then said person should make a thread saying he read it, there he/she would say if the spoilers of the book do spoil the whole finale or if there are just a few mild spoiler and/or filled with the action scenes.
    If the book is filled with spoilers, anyone who wants to watch the finale on episodes, like me, should probably leave the forums until july.
    If it's not, then no problem and everyone continues waiting for july.

WiseLad

[10]May 8, 2008
    even if it is NOT THE CASE, now we ready for May 20th

plus we need at least one of us to read it even if to say "what is true, and what is not" of what many posters will "reveal"

I can easily see someone playing a prank worse that the WAT ONE; and "reveal things to his or her liking"

just imagine either a hardcore zutarian or a hardcore kataanger spreading FALSE "facts" that confirm their ship of choice, even a hardcore Tokka fan, putting that Suki dies

DeeDuck33

[11]May 8, 2008
    • level: 11
    WiseLad wrote:

plus we need at least one of us to read it even if to say "what is true, and what is not" of what many posters will "reveal"

I can easily see someone playing a prank worse that the WAT ONE; and "reveal things to his or her liking"

just imagine either a hardcore zutarian or a hardcore kataanger spreading FALSE "facts" that confirm their ship of choice, even a hardcore Tokka fan, putting that Suki dies

What WAT prank?

WiseLad

[12]May 8, 2008
    DeeDuck33 wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:

What WAT prank?

a guy in the spanish wikipedia posted that he got the episode in the offer of all the episodes sold online, and he was able to see it before it was taken out, and posted a sypnosis of it, he did it as a prank to be revealed in november for "dia de los inocentes"(like april fool's day)but it went so out of hand, that it went all over the world, even english speaking sites, and someone even did a youtube about it using south park characters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzLL8ITHRwk

Amity_Phantom

[13]May 8, 2008
    • level: 10
    I am not going on this thread at all after this, and there'd better not be any other threads posted by n00bs detailing spoilers. Please HighLord, if there are, delete them as soon as possible. I will not want to sink to READING about Sozin's Comet months before it will air in its full glory, and even if I did want to, there will definitely be major changes happening in the two episodes before SC, so I wouldn't even be up-to-date with everything yet.

P.S. Nick, what were you thinking?!?!?!?!

gilvatar

[14]May 8, 2008
    • level: 17
    no way. I'm not reading it. I don't wanna spoil the end. That's the one episode i don't wanna be spoiled about. + If you know what happens, it'll be like it's really ending...

gilvatar

[16]May 8, 2008
    • level: 17
    LeonMorado wrote:
    if there are spoilers, then good luck avoiding them. they'll be everywh- *noticies gilvitar's sig* hey...about that pic of your fan char. it seems to me that you're giving DMC credit for it.
    Well, she made the sig not the pic. I'll credit you if you want.

LeonMorado

[17]May 8, 2008
    • level: 19
    gilvatar wrote:
    LeonMorado wrote:
    if there are spoilers, then good luck avoiding them. they'll be everywh- *noticies gilvitar's sig* hey...about that pic of your fan char. it seems to me that you're giving DMC credit for it.
    Well, she made the sig not the pic. I'll credit you if you want.
    i sent you a note. thanks. ^_^

WiseLad

[19]May 10, 2008
    this is the official thread for the book and whoever read it

piranhapete

[20]May 10, 2008
    • level: 11
    I want to know what happens. .-. Does that make me a bad person?