We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

OFFICIAL "SOZIN'S COMET" THE BOOK thread *POSSIBLY MASSIVE SPOILERS*

caseybocook

[141]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 7

picaboomman wrote:
    picaboomman wrote:
    caseybocook wrote:
    goodgirl528 wrote:
    can someone scan the kataang scene
    Here you go.
    ***SPOILER***
    ahhh thats better

Sorry for no spoiler tags. I just got back from being suspended and just wasn't thinking.

Edited on 07/10/2008 7:56am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

crashblast24

[142]Jul 11, 2008

funny. I see lots of people posting possible endings on the fourms and most of them are far from the book....

We can't tell them though. Just like the FBI.....

pokejm32

[143]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 1
    if you guys want spoliers,i found this great site,scrole to the bottom for this movie

weird0_

[144]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    I don't believe the shipping battles will ever end, huh?

ZeroNoTsukaima

[145]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 8
    matrix_mind wrote:

Having dodged this thread for over a month now......skips right to bottom*

Found this on avatar spirit.net, luckily I only caught a glimpse so I remain thus far unspoiled!

But for those people who are poor and do not have the book, this person on photobucket has scanned ALL the pages

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm179/xxoojulesooxx/

Happy reading!

curiosity killed the cat and my hopes xD I couldn't resist and looked at the last page, couldn't make alot of it but xD I can't wait ;.;

picaboomman

[146]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 18
    it seems now that the finale on tv will have a lot more going on in it and a lot more dialogue then the book which is good

WiseLad

[147]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 14

picaboomman wrote:
    it seems now that the finale on tv will have a lot more going on in it and a lot more dialogue then the book which is good

true, but at same time is not contradicting the book, just adding things

BTW

***SPOILER***

RoguePavilion

[148]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 2

***SPOILER***

Edited on 07/16/2008 11:05pm
    Edited 5 total times.

suss2it

[150]Jul 16, 2008
    RoguePavilion wrote:
    Ah crap i forgot the spoiler tag. I'm new here im not too sure how to do it, is it possible for someone to do it for me haha
    This is how:
    Code:
    [spoiler]  *spoilers here  [/spoiler] 

RoguePavilion

[151]Jul 17, 2008
    [QUOTE="RoguePavilion"]

***SPOILER***

[QUOTE] Sorry if its hard to read. I couldn't get the spoiler tag to work with all them spaced out so i had to squeeze them together.[/QUOTE}

RoguePavilion

[152]Jul 17, 2008
    suss2it wrote:
    RoguePavilion wrote:
    Ah crap i forgot the spoiler tag. I'm new here im not too sure how to do it, is it possible for someone to do it for me haha
    This is how:

Thanks very much

[153]Jul 18, 2008

Although Spirit-bending is a form of spirit element manipulation has not been seen before. The consequential effects of using this particular ability may not be seen in this season three finale. This ability has never been mentioned or seen through the history of the Avatar cycle, and so it can said it is a forbidden ability, not used unless in the event of a crucial event when it will become necassary. So as it has never been used before, it cannot be certain as to what effects will occur to the user for the use of this ability of purging the opponent of their bending abilities. Using this ability could in turn also eliminate the users bending abilities or this could ultimately have a fatal effect in time for the user. This could even potenitally cause psychological deterioration of the user.

As there have been three seasons each represented as a book with an element e.g. Book One Water, Book Two Earth and Book Three Fire, the fourth could possibly be Book Four Air. The fourth season could be search for more of the Air Nomads. Its has been theorized that as the Air Nomads are wanderers that some may have survived as wanderers do not have a fixed location to which they may habitate. The Air-benders at the four Air Temples are mostly Monks and Nuns, who train mostly children to master their to air-bending abilities. So as it can be seen within the Fire Nation, Water Tribe and Earth Kingdom, in that not all the inhabitants of the realms have the skills for bending. So this can also be said about the Air Nomads, so essentially not all the Air Nomads have been annihilated.

It has also been theorized by some that the Air Nomads originated from the other three nations and became wanderers. They gained a higher spiritual connection which was the beginning of the air element. Developement of air-bending was done by the help of the Sky Bison, who were ultimately the first air-benders. So the air-bending skill could be a latent ability within people of the other three nations. So with more time potential new air-benders could appear, aswell as air-benders that had gone into hidding within the other three nations, at the time of the Fire Nations attack on the four Air Temples in search for the Avatar.

So if the story were to go along the lines in that there were no more air-benders in the world. That would result in the end of the Avatar Cycle, if not, then after the manifestation of the next three Avatars, from which it would not be able to continue, due to the fact that there would be no more air-benders for the Avatar to manifest themselves as. If this were to happen then the three remaining nations would become unbalanced and leaving the road open for potential upsurge of powers between the three remaining realms. This could eventually result in catastrophic events as there would be no balance without the Air Nomads and air-benders and also an Avatar to keep the four realms in check.

Another effect of the extinction of air-benders could possibly be the future elimination of all fire, water and earth benders. As with time the numbers of individuals with abilities to bend the elements may dwindle. And so eventually there would no more elemental benders in the world, just the three nations remaining, even if that, depending on the events in history that may occur. The three of the realms may join togther as one or disperse in to smaller individual nations etc.

truepanda

[154]Jul 18, 2008
    Ugh this is horrible, this P.O.S book is going to be true... the Zuko Vs. Azula fight looks like a mentally challenged person thought it up... fk.

tvlover1233

[155]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 9

***SPOILER***

ranger8060

[156]Jul 29, 2009
    I felt like bumping this up. I was looking at past threads and stuff and i felt bad about how all the avatar fans ahve gone to the ref-somewhere else. hope this brings back memories for people. loll i remember the good times. too bad most of the veterans arent here. if they were, the forums would be flooded.

Water78

[157]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 47

I miss the massive spoilers

***SPOILER***

[158]Jul 29, 2009
    I think I'm a veteran. I was here during the S2 to S3 hiatus.
    I was looking at this thread because I saw it got bumped. It did give back memories. So thanks, ranger8060.

Hahahaha!
    SPOILER ALERT!

***SPOILER***

captaintombatch

[159]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 32
    Oh yes, those wonderful spoiler pages. Those are what made me so excited to be a part of this forum, that I actually joined when the show came to an end last summer. It also helped me since there would be people who have seen the episodes before you have, and you can tell your friends that you know what's going to occur before the episode airs where you live.