We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

OFFICIAL "SOZIN'S COMET" THE BOOK thread *POSSIBLY MASSIVE SPOILERS*

Spike815

[61]May 11, 2008
    • level: 14
    Shipping bragging ahoy!

***SPOILER***
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WiseLad

[62]May 11, 2008
    for spike

***SPOILER***

Spike815

[63]May 11, 2008
    WiseLad wrote:
    for spike

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

WiseLad

[64]May 11, 2008

***SPOILER***

jonb866

[65]May 11, 2008
    • level: 5
    I seen links to livejournal posted, but i dont know if this exact one was posted.

http://kyatto.livejournal.com/285014.html#cutid1

I found the spoilers and pictures relieving, they were spoilers no doubt, but it kind of makes me want to see the finale that much more, it doesnt put my match in the water, so to speak.

WiseLad

[66]May 11, 2008
    jonb866 wrote:
    I seen links to livejournal posted, but i dont know if this exact one was posted.

http://kyatto.livejournal.com/285014.html#cutid1

I found the spoilers and pictures relieving, they were spoilers no doubt, but it kind of makes me want to see the finale that much more, it doesnt put my match in the water, so to speak.

***SPOILER***

shadowysea07

[67]May 12, 2008
    • level: 25
    if thats the finale it epicly sucks
    they could do a whole nother season just to finish up all the loose ends from the last one. why did koh luten ursa katara's mom even get mentioned if theyre never gonna show whether the get found avenged ect.

LordMordor

[68]May 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    don't forget, its only a 70 page book, I imagine there is still more to the actual finale

Spoilers

Other than lack of the Ursa thing being resolved, im kinda disappointed about how the way they seemingly defeat Azula. Azula had been pretty much untouchable for a while now. But from what I read it seemed like the Azula gets handicapped by her sanity issues. Zuko has been growing all season, taking down Azula was supposed to be his moment, but now it doesn't carry the same meaning.

WiseLad

[69]May 12, 2008

***SPOILER***

QuickStop55

[70]May 12, 2008
    • level: 4

Don't worry, this isn't a very spoilerish quetstion...just something I want to know.

For those of you who read the book, where does the battle between Ozai and Aang take place? In scans, and in that trailer, I keep seeing that area with all the pillars and stuff. Is there some signifigance to that place, or is it just a DBZ thing where they wind up in that location while fighting?

WiseLad

[71]May 12, 2008
    QuickStop55 wrote:

Don't worry, this isn't a very spoilerish quetstion...just something I want to know.

For those of you who read the book, where does the battle between Ozai and Aang take place? In scans, and in that trailer, I keep seeing that area with all the pillars and stuff. Is there some signifigance to that place, or is it just a DBZ thing where they wind up in that location while fighting?

here is supposed to be spoilerish, but as a courtesy we can do to those who might accidentally click here, some of us try to put the spoilers between "spoiler" tags

***SPOILER***

Shaolina23

[72]May 12, 2008
    • level: 6
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    if thats the finale it epicly sucks
    they could do a whole nother season just to finish up all the loose ends from the last one. why did koh luten ursa katara's mom even get mentioned if theyre never gonna show whether the get found avenged ect.

Two things: 1) I love L kicking Light in the face. 2) It's not the same somebody telling you in a line what happens than actually seeing it as a whole. Give the finale a break until you actually see it.

picaboomman

[74]May 12, 2008
    • level: 18
    guys dont judge the finale so harshly. btw, is the book a comic book, or is it like with words?

WiseLad

[75]May 12, 2008
    if you had ever read "Beverly Cleary books" about Ramona and friends, pretty much that type of language with images here and there, and anywhere between 150 to 280 words per page(depending on images at page)

picaboomman

[76]May 12, 2008
    WiseLad wrote:
    if you had ever read "Beverly Cleary books" about Ramona and friends, pretty much that type of language with images here and there, and anywhere between 150 to 280 words per page(depending on images at page)

THANK YOU!!! :d btw im trying to avoid this topic as much as possible. my order is coming sometime this week. i only got it for the interview. WHICH NO BETTER TELL ME ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT HEAR YOU!LALALALALALLALALL :p

picaboomman

[77]May 13, 2008
    Q: What's next for Avatar?

(Paraphrased)

M: We have ideas to further expand the world, but it's still in the very early stages. We're keeping busy by finishing up the last episodes and serving as executive producers of the live-action movies. so they might not be completly done with the interview. so what does this mean. that the book is different from the actual finale? and btw. it says that the aouthor is an ADAPTER. that means change or alter or something like that. he is a known fan fic writer

omg350

[78]May 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

This thread is for the book "Sozin's Comet," which will be released on May 9, long before the final episode airs.

Seeing as the book is not written by Mike and/or Bryan, there are some discrepancies as to whether or not any events that happen in the book should be treated as if they will happen in the show; this includes battle outcomes, character deaths, and relationships.

Because of this discrepancy, anything and everything related to the book will be discussed here. Do not make more threads, do not let the information leak into other threads, and do not spoil the ending for anyone else who may want to read the book.

A summary and description of the book can be found here: http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=616354

Thank you for not spoiling.

Do you know where I can buy it at, would it be at wal*mart?

picaboomman

[79]May 13, 2008
    omg350 wrote:
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

This thread is for the book "Sozin's Comet," which will be released on May 9, long before the final episode airs.

Seeing as the book is not written by Mike and/or Bryan, there are some discrepancies as to whether or not any events that happen in the book should be treated as if they will happen in the show; this includes battle outcomes, character deaths, and relationships.

Because of this discrepancy, anything and everything related to the book will be discussed here. Do not make more threads, do not let the information leak into other threads, and do not spoil the ending for anyone else who may want to read the book.

A summary and description of the book can be found here: http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=616354

its going to be in book stores on may 20. you know. barnes and noble, borders, the works. or you can buy it off of amazon and get it earlier

omg350

[80]May 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    picaboomman wrote:
    omg350 wrote:
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

its going to be in book stores on may 20. you know. barnes and noble, borders, the works. or you can buy it off of amazon and get it earlier

Sweet

Edited on 05/13/2008 4:30pm