We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Katara vs.Azula

Daren007

[1]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 2
    I've been thinking about it and well,??we know that Azula is a very skilled firebender when the sun is up(there hasn't been an episode where Azula fought at night yet)??but we also know that Katara is a master at waterbending, especially on a full moon so, who do u think would win if they fought during an eclipse?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cg_619

[2]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 24
    depends if it is a solar or lunar eclispe?? which it wouldn't matter because if it was either solar or lunar than one of them would be helpless and the other won would win............o yea and she??fought at night in "The Chase"??
    Edited on 11/14/2006 2:34pm

Falcondude123

[3]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 10
    Well during the eclipse I don't know. During a normal day near a body of water, Katara would kill!

JAKandDAX123

[4]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 12

During the day: Azula

At night: Katara

Daren007

[5]Nov 14, 2006

In "The Chase" near the end, Katara, Aang, Toph, Zuko each fired a blow to Azula but she still got away meaning that, she's too dangerous an enemy but, an advantage to??the Fire Nation not to mention her father!!!????

dude5002

[6]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 4
    sorry to all you katara lovers, but azula is much more powerful than katara. she's a firebending prodigy and older than katara too. she would surely win... dont get me wrong, i wouldn;t ever want that to happen, but thats just how it is...

JAKandDAX123

[7]Nov 14, 2006

dude5002 wrote:
    sorry to all you katara lovers, but azula is much more powerful than katara. she's a firebending prodigy and older than katara too. she would surely win... dont get me wrong, i wouldn;t ever want that to happen, but thats just how it is...

Actually. There both 14.

jujutheking

[8]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 11
    LOL katara can't take her on by her self.She is not has skilled.She can barley handle her when aang and sakka is helping.If she can beat her then she must be more powerfl then aang

Daren007

[9]Nov 14, 2006
    Well, Azula may be a firebender prodigy but don't forget, Katara's master told her that she's advanced faster than any students he's ever had so, seeing as Katara and Azula are both advanced in the arts of bending, it should be an interesting fight.

chaoschanneler

[10]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 25
    It's a good question and I would have to say that there is no way in hell that Katara would ever beat Azula by herself unless there was an eclipse.?? Because at this point in the story either Aang does not want to beat Azula which I don't see why he wouldn't, or he just simply can't yet because he is not a skilled enough bender.?? I mean, he still has to master firebending.?? But i think that by the time that he does master fire bending and if Azula hasn't been killed off by season three then yes, he will be able to defeat her but until then, all he can do is bide for time until help arives.

sluggmunki_tx

[11]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 41
    Katara would have to be lucky to defeat Azula. I mean they're both skilled but Azula is more of a prodigy than Katara (sorry, honey, it's true ). I mean, yeah, if Katara would deal with her during the night or an eclipse then maybe it would be a better shot.

Falcondude123

[12]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 10
    sluggmunki_tx wrote:
    Katara would have to be lucky to defeat Azula. I mean they're both skilled but Azula is more of a prodigy than Katara (sorry, honey, it's true ). I mean, yeah, if Katara would deal with her during the night or an eclipse then maybe it would be a better shot.

All katara needs is a body of water. She just needs to throw giant spinning water blades and shoot ice missiles and wammo, she wins. Azula is good because firebenders can create their element, so she has an almost unlimited supply. But if Katara had an equal or greater supply of water, wamo-kablamo baby!

adidaZuko

[13]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 7

Katara wouldn't stand a chance if the show was being realistic.??Azula is a prodigy AND has been bending longer, Katara just became a master and I still have problems with that plot-hole (it was just too fast, but I won't start some big argument).

The only way I could see Katara beating Azula is if Azula tried to use a lightning move and Katara sent a water whip or something at her and electricuted her with her own move. But any other way, Azula would win.

F1ames

[14]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 7
    Falcondude123 wrote:
    sluggmunki_tx wrote:

All katara needs is a body of water. She just needs to throw giant spinning water blades and shoot ice missiles and wammo, she wins. Azula is good because firebenders can create their element, so she has an almost unlimited supply. But if Katara had an equal or greater supply of water, wamo-kablamo baby!

I think that azula is way more powerful than katara due to azula's evilness and a prodigy most likely always better than a master. and azula can bend blue fire, thats exceeds the level of a regular firebending master. but even if wut u said was true, azula's smart enough to not fight katara near a large body of water cause azula could always lead her away.

Leodegarioiii

[15]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 6

It only takes katara a second to make Azula's body water, boil and explode, leaving azula as a dark meaty liquid on the floor, then she freezes it and licks it as a popsicle.

Besides, Katara is the second main character so if there is a fight the creators would make her win.

Edited on 11/15/2006 5:38am

Eman5805

[16]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 14
    Leodegarioiii wrote:

It only takes katara a second to make Azula's body water, boil and explode, leaving azula as a dark meaty liquid on the floor, then she freezes it and licks it as a popsicle.

Besides, Katara is the second main character so if there is a fight the creators would make her win.

It would also only take a second for Azula to raise Katara's body heat and spontaneously combust Katara in a flash ike a match...Here's a question: Can Katara almost??kill Aang in a head to head matchup? Azula can...

Leodegarioiii

[17]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 6
    what kind of question is that?? They had never fought against each other and they never will. Also firebenders bend fire not heat.

LordMordor

[18]Nov 15, 2006
    Well for startes I'll just come out and say this: Azula is a FAR superior fighter to Katara. Katara without her bending is no threat at all, Azula is still a very skilled martial artist.

Bending ability is another matter. If they fought at the Solar eclipse and Azula lost her bending and Katara had a good supply of water (ie: not just that jug she carries)then she would probably win, though Azula would likely escape somehow. If all she had was that small supply to use for a water whip then I would still say Azula simply due to her raw combat skills

Now if we put them durring the day near a good supply of water, Azula still wins. Her fire bending is just to powerful, and I don't need to tell you what happens when you mix water and lightning.

Durring the night near a good supply Katara would probably gain a bit of an advantage, but the Lightning issue would still exist. We already know she can still use her lightning at Night because in the Chase she used it to destroy Tophs Rock wall.

Eman5805

[19]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 14

Leodegarioiii wrote:
    what kind of question is that?? They had never fought against each other and they never will. Also firebenders bend fire not heat.

Coulda sworn they both went hand in hand...but whatever...