We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Katara vs.Azula

tomtitan

[41]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 19

100% necessary.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stump2790

[42]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 4
    pmgandrews wrote:

Katara hadn't entirly won yet in their fight in Crossroads, she had simply got a hold of an arm and leg.

At this point she could have indeed slammed her into a wall, but Azula is capable of firing with 1 arm or leg too, meaning there is a chance she could have broken free. This was also in a cave, meaning Azula had no access to the sun, making it the same as battling at night for her, yet Katara had a huge river that was right next to them at her disposal.

They seemed roughly equal in that fight, but you have to keep in mind that Azula would have been powered down due to lack of sunlight. Although I also got the impression that Azula underestimated Katara at first, seeing as how Aang could barely survive a battle with her, yet Katara just grabs her without to much trouble.

Azula has also shown the ability that if she doesn't want to get hit, she won't, seeing as how she was dodging all of Aang and Toph's moves during the invasion. This would seem to imply that Azula got a lot stronger in the last few months, seeing as how Aang could at least land a hit back on the Drill.

Course Katara has gotten a lot stronger too.

So the situation and location of the battle are the main factors here really. Course one lightning bolt is an instant kill here, seeing as how Katara isn't fast enough to dodge it and can't block it with water either.

Instant Kill She couldn't even kill a 60 some year old man and she hit him in the chest at that.

joeking14

[43]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    03422ace wrote:

What r u guys even thinking.....How Blind can you get?

Did you not see when Katara and Azula were battling in the crossroads of destiny episode. Katara did a water blast at Azula....and knocked her off her feet. While she was getting up Katara covered herself in water, and then it went to her hands and wham....blasted it at her hand then her foot.....Katara so totally kicked her *ss. If it wasn't for Zuko doing his fire kick/slice, Katara would have totally taken down Azula. And to think, it was during the day, Azula's strong point.

Obviously you are the blind one.

kkg14

[44]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    In terms of bending skill, I think that Azula and Katara are about evenly matched. Forget about Azula being able to generate fire and Katara needs a source of water. This is not skill, this is circumstance. A fight between Azula and Katara near a large body of water would most definitely be extremely interesting. However, imo, Azula would have the upper hand, in that she has no sense of mercy or emotional attachment to anyone. If Katara started an attack, and one of her friends got in the way, she would stop the attack, giving Azula a chance to get her. I honestly can't say the same for Azula if one of her friends got in the way. She can also pick out the weakness of others disturbingly well. Just look at what she did to that girl that they were playing volleyball against in the beach episode. I'm not saying that Azula would win for sure, because Katara might surprise us all. I'm just saying that Azula's mind set would tip the odds in her favor.

kkg14

[45]Jan 19, 2008
    I just thought of something. Azula is obsessed with perfection. She always has to be the best and in control of everything. If Katara uses her bloodbending on her, then Azula would no longer be in control of herself. What would be Azula's reaction to this?

Spike815

[46]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 14

I think Katara's winning.

joeking14

[47]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 8

Spike815 wrote:

Nah Azula's winning, she is luring Katara into a trap.

curttii

[48]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 3

With the whole katara vs azula the problem is that azula has been a firebending prodigy but in a way so has katara. She master waterbending in a short amount of time. People have also said that it depends on the time of da or if there is an eclipse. The problem with the theory is that eclipse don't come often and the whole body of water is important but remember episode 08. I'm nt going to spoil it for those who haven't watched it but katara no longer needs a body of water she just needs flowers or trees. If the moon is full or she has extreme emotional angerkatara will win. If there is no source of water katara will lose. If azula plays a devious trick or it is a lunar eclipse or the sun in at a strong point azula will win.

But also think would they go one on one often enough to try these scenarios. No. Because of azula's desire to destroy the avatar she wouldn't do that often but I am a big katara fan and a waterbending fa too but azula's lightning is awfully powerful so keep this in mind

waterbender41

[49]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 2
    It all depends upon. Azula can pick out a weakness no problem, as said before. On top of the volleyball think, look at during the DOBS. Aang and the gang were heading the right way I beleive, and she braught up Suki. Which then gave her enough time to waite for the eclipse to get over. For Katara to have a fair fight, she would need a water source of some sort. I almost want to say Azula would win even tho i hate to say it. I think if the playing field and everything was completely random azula would win.

horacus

[50]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 7

Spike815 wrote:

I don't know who's winning, but being there will make me a happy person.

tvcrazy12

[51]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 16
    stump2790 wrote:
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    stump2790 wrote:
    Katara can't kill and its not because of Nick. Myke and Bryan didn't say "I can't wait we're going to make Katara a massive murder and have her kill every opponent she battles"
    They didn't have to go to Nick, they chose to.
    yes she can. she practically killed zuko in the s1 finale. not to mention she killed whoevr was in that war balloon she cut in dobs.

No she didn't
    she kncoked him unconcscious in the freezing cold, then left. that's killing someone. not to mention my other example

stump2790

[52]Jan 20, 2008
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    stump2790 wrote:
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    stump2790 wrote:
    Katara can't kill and its not because of Nick. Myke and Bryan didn't say "I can't wait we're going to make Katara a massive murder and have her kill every opponent she battles"
    They didn't have to go to Nick, they chose to.
    yes she can. she practically killed zuko in the s1 finale. not to mention she killed whoevr was in that war balloon she cut in dobs.

No she didn't
    she kncoked him unconcscious in the freezing cold, then left. that's killing someone. not to mention my other example

That's what I was referring to. Making a balloon crash won't kill someone on a cartoon.

And if Karara killed Zuko then he wouldn't have appeared after that

You can't label everytime you do something to someone as killing them, if you look at that logic then everytime an attack is used that could hit someone would be considered "killed."

misterham

[53]Jan 20, 2008
    stump2790 wrote:
    pmgandrews wrote:

Katara hadn't entirly won yet in their fight in Crossroads, she had simply got a hold of an arm and leg.

At this point she could have indeed slammed her into a wall, but Azula is capable of firing with 1 arm or leg too, meaning there is a chance she could have broken free. This was also in a cave, meaning Azula had no access to the sun, making it the same as battling at night for her, yet Katara had a huge river that was right next to them at her disposal.

They seemed roughly equal in that fight, but you have to keep in mind that Azula would have been powered down due to lack of sunlight. Although I also got the impression that Azula underestimated Katara at first, seeing as how Aang could barely survive a battle with her, yet Katara just grabs her without to much trouble.

Azula has also shown the ability that if she doesn't want to get hit, she won't, seeing as how she was dodging all of Aang and Toph's moves during the invasion. This would seem to imply that Azula got a lot stronger in the last few months, seeing as how Aang could at least land a hit back on the Drill.

Course Katara has gotten a lot stronger too.

So the situation and location of the battle are the main factors here really. Course one lightning bolt is an instant kill here, seeing as how Katara isn't fast enough to dodge it and can't block it with water either.

Instant Kill She couldn't even kill a 60 some year old man and she hit him in the chest at that.

she actually hit him with fire. it couldn't be strong anyways since she had to do it quickly so she had time to defend. that's why it didn't kill

but to the original quote: katara won't wait 3.5 secs for azula to charge up her lightning

03422ace

[54]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 1

You all made exceptional points there and some well written facts about azula and katara.

Now, if it was a fight between Azula, Toph and Katara, who do you think would win?

Edited on 01/20/2008 1:13pm

MarryLarry

[55]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 11
    03422ace wrote:

You all made exceptional pointsand some well written facts about azula and katara.

Now, if it was a fight between Azula, Toph and Katara, who do you think would win?

The men.

03422ace

[57]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 1
    MarryLarry wrote:
    03422ace wrote:

You all made exceptional pointsand some well written facts about azula and katara.

The men.

what men??

MarryLarry

[58]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 11
    03422ace wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:
    03422ace wrote:

The men.

what men??

The ones watching the fight of course.

Spike815

[59]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 14
    03422ace wrote:

You all made exceptional points there and some well written facts about azula and katara.

Well what's the terrain? Mud, oil, shower, hot tub, bath, mattress with pillows, etc.

Shaolina23

[60]Jan 20, 2008
    Spike815 wrote:
    03422ace wrote:

Well what's the terrain? Mud, oil, shower, hot tub, bath, mattress with pillows, etc.

I don't want mud or water. Katara and Toph can bend it. How about oatmeal? Neither of them can bend it, right? So they should be handy with each other.