We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Katara vs.Azula

ThisCrazyGuy

[121]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    Azula was loosing her grip on reality, every minute she was fighting Zuko and Katara, (she was also completely, physically AND MENTALLY tired out from fighting BOTH of them individually) she was becoming insane... I don't think it is rocket science that people are most powerful when they are SANE and mentally well... Everything was crazy to her, her world crashed down on her while Katara just picked up the pieces Zuko couldn't handle... She was also loosing her grip physically...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Axrendale

[122]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 10
    "losing her grip physically" is putting it a bit mildly - she could barely even walk straight.

socratesufferer

[123]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 2

panthean wrote:
    hey Zuko did say that Azula could definately beat either of them alone... but that she had become cocky and obsessive

Zuko said there was something 'off' about her, I believe. Meaning, pyschologically. Azula has always been cocky & obsessive and I love it.

ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    her world crashed down on her while Katara just picked up the pieces Zuko couldn't handle...

Whoa now.. "the pieces Zuko couldn't handle"? Zuko handled her just fine & yes because of her mental/physical state, but it doesn't refute the fact that he handled her beyond perfectly fine. Zuko blocking Katara from being struck by lightning does not equate to him not being able to "handle" Azula. Although, now that i'm typing this, he wasn't able to re-direct the lightning in time, so in an offbeat way that could be him not "handling" Azula.
    That doesn't paint a fair analysis of the scenario in my eyes, though.

Edited on 12/03/2008 2:05am

ThisCrazyGuy

[124]Dec 3, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:
    "losing her grip physically" is putting it a bit mildly - she could barely even walk straight.
    Meh, you get the point...
    Edited on 12/03/2008 11:14am
    Edited 2 total times.

ThisCrazyGuy

[125]Dec 3, 2008
    socratesufferer wrote:

panthean wrote:
    hey Zuko did say that Azula could definately beat either of them alone... but that she had become cocky and obsessive

Zuko said there was something 'off' about her, I believe. Meaning, pyschologically. Azula has always been cocky & obsessive and I love it.

ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    her world crashed down on her while Katara just picked up the pieces Zuko couldn't handle...

Whoa now.. "the pieces Zuko couldn't handle"? Zuko handled her just fine & yes because of her mental/physical state, but it doesn't refute the fact that he handled her beyond perfectly fine. Zuko blocking Katara from being struck by lightning does not equate to him not being able to "handle" Azula. Although, now that i'm typing this, he wasn't able to re-direct the lightning in time, so in an offbeat way that could be him not "handling" Azula.
    That doesn't paint a fair analysis of the scenario in my eyes, though.

Azula (even when she was insane) used her brains to beat (the ever so arrogant) Zuko. So, what Zuko could not do, Katara did, but only because Azula was tired AND insane...
    Edited on 12/03/2008 11:13am

libraman_92

[126]Dec 6, 2008
    if i hadn't rewatched the battle many a times, and hadn't really assessed what each character said and did, I would insist that Zuko/Katara won. But Azula was using mindpower over which she became the true victor, despite losing in the end.

panthean

[127]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 9

libraman_92 wrote:
    if i hadn't rewatched the battle many a times, and hadn't really assessed what each character said and did, I would insist that Zuko/Katara won. But Azula was using mindpower over which she became the true victor, despite losing in the end.

?^-1

Edited on 12/06/2008 4:34pm

Axrendale

[128]Dec 6, 2008
    Yeah, I'm a bit confused by Libraman's statement here too. Azula's stand in the finale was characterized by a complete absence of mind-power. Her one move that could be considered as such was forcing Zuko to sacrifice himself to save Katara, and even that gave off the air of being at least partially accidental/instinctive. Had Azula had mind-power, Zuko and Katara would have been wiped off the face of the earth.