We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Katara vs.Azula

03422ace

[21]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 1

Now. don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying Azula isn't a firebending prodigy....she is! It's just that Katara is way better and way better....I mean in the Puppetmaster episode, Katara learnt new waterbending moves and of course BLOODBENDING.

With this move of course Katara would easily defeat Azula. It's like Azula is a puppet in the hands of a Puppetmaster.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Shaolina23

[22]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 6
    03422ace wrote:

Now. don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying Azula isn't a firebending prodigy....she is! It's just that Katara is way better and way better....I mean in the Puppetmaster episode, Katara learnt new waterbending moves and of course BLOODBENDING.

With this move of course Katara would easily defeat Azula. It's like Azula is a puppet in the hands of a Puppetmaster.

Yeah, but Katara needs a full moon for bloodbending. Besides Katara kicks butt, but when it comes to bloodbending she's a crybaby. She needs to get rid of that issue before she could use it. Now what people have failed to realize is that Katara doesn't need to be near water anymore. She can take water from everywhere. Even from thin air. So they both have limitless supply of their element. I'd still say Azula because she's not afraid of going pikachu on Katara. XP

Batweb32

[23]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 6
    03422ace wrote:

What r u guys even thinking.....How Blind can you get?

Did you not see when Katara and Azula were battling in the crossroads of destiny episode. Katara did a water blast at Azula....and knocked her off her feet. While she was getting up Katara covered herself in water, and then it went to her hands and wham....blasted it at her hand then her foot.....Katara so totally kicked her *ss. If it wasn't for Zuko doing his fire kick/slice, Katara would have totally taken down Azula. And to think, it was during the day, Azula's strong point.

This thread is over a year old, and it was made before The Crossroads Of Destiny aired. Thus, we didn't know this then.

tvcrazy12

[24]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 16
    dude5002 wrote:
    sorry to all you katara lovers, but azula is much more powerful than katara. she's a firebending prodigy and older than katara too. she would surely win... dont get me wrong, i wouldn;t ever want that to happen, but thats just how it is...
    watch season 2 finale

stump2790

[25]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 4
    Katara can't kill and its not because of Nick. Myke and Bryan didn't say "I can't wait we're going to make Katara a massive murder and have her kill every opponent she battles"
    They didn't have to go to Nick, they chose to.

tvcrazy12

[26]Jan 18, 2008
    LordMordor wrote:
    Well for startes I'll just come out and say this: Azula is a FAR superior fighter to Katara. Katara without her bending is no threat at all, Azula is still a very skilled martial artist.

Bending ability is another matter. If they fought at the Solar eclipse and Azula lost her bending and Katara had a good supply of water (ie: not just that jug she carries)then she would probably win, though Azula would likely escape somehow. If all she had was that small supply to use for a water whip then I would still say Azula simply due to her raw combat skills

Now if we put them durring the day near a good supply of water, Azula still wins. Her fire bending is just to powerful, and I don't need to tell you what happens when you mix water and lightning.

Durring the night near a good supply Katara would probably gain a bit of an advantage, but the Lightning issue would still exist. We already know she can still use her lightning at Night because in the Chase she used it to destroy Tophs Rock wall.
    what do u mean she's a skilled martial artist. all she did in dobs was dodge. i think katara would win because:

1. she beat azula in xrod.

2. katara can take water from forms of life & the air (and sweat ).

tvcrazy12

[27]Jan 18, 2008
    stump2790 wrote:
    Katara can't kill and its not because of Nick. Myke and Bryan didn't say "I can't wait we're going to make Katara a massive murder and have her kill every opponent she battles"
    yes she can. she practically killed zuko in the s1 finale. not to mention she killed whoevr was in that war balloon she cut in dobs.

stump2790

[28]Jan 18, 2008
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    stump2790 wrote:
    yes she can. she practically killed zuko in the s1 finale. not to mention she killed whoevr was in that war balloon she cut in dobs.

No she didn't

misterham

[29]Jan 18, 2008
    azula can kill two dragons at the same time

Prince-Jayson

[30]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 12
    Azula would win. Only cuz Katara isn't that good. But Zuko would beat Azula.

misterham

[31]Jan 18, 2008
    Prince-Jayson wrote:

lol

maxmini

[32]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 5
    Ilook at it like this electricity + water = oven fried Katara.

horacus

[33]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 7

LordMordor wrote:
    Well for startes I'll just come out and say this: Azula is a FAR superior fighter to Katara. Katara without her bending is no threat at all, Azula is still a very skilled martial artist. Bending ability is another matter. If they fought at the Solar eclipse and Azula lost her bending and Katara had a good supply of water (ie: not just that jug she carries)then she would probably win, though Azula would likely escape somehow. If all she had was that small supply to use for a water whip then I would still say Azula simply due to her raw combat skills Now if we put them durring the day near a good supply of water, Azula still wins. Her fire bending is just to powerful, and I don't need to tell you what happens when you mix water and lightning. Durring the night near a good supply Katara would probably gain a bit of an advantage, but the Lightning issue would still exist. We already know she can still use her lightning at Night because in the Chase she used it to destroy Tophs Rock wall.

Totally agree here.

PsychoPass

[34]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 11
    Prince-Jayson wrote:

Such infallible logic. -___________________________-

misterham

[35]Jan 18, 2008
    i agree too, but not to the same magnitude. But the water would have to be touching katara to conduct, something she almost never does when she bends
    Edited on 01/18/2008 8:37pm

MarryLarry

[36]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 11

Oh my devil. I'm going to have to start saving my posts from other vs. threads because I'm getting tired of reposting my point.

Anybody can beat anybody. Azula may have better fighting skills when it comes to raw power as LordMordor pointed out, but there are sooooo many more factors that go into a fight that can drastically change the outcome.

Case in point: in CoD, Katara is beating Azula because Katara had a nice supply of water next to her. Also, more than likely Azula probably underestimated her, which is the leading cause in villains losing fights to good guys (it's a proven fact). But in The Chase, Azula holds her own against Katara + the rest of the gaang because she weakened them all with sleep deprivation.

So who wins depends on the countless factors that not even a calculator can calculate. A single cup of water can mean the difference between victory and defeat.

misterham

[37]Jan 18, 2008
    MarryLarry wrote:

Oh my devil. I'm going to have to start saving my posts from other vs. threads because I'm getting tired of reposting my point.

Anybody can beat anybody. Azula may have better fighting skills when it comes to raw power as LordMordor pointed out, but there are sooooo many more factors that go into a fight that can drastically change the outcome.

Case in point: in CoD, Katara is beating Azula because Katara had a nice supply of water next to her. Also, more than likely Azula probably underestimated her, which is the leading cause in villains losing fights to good guys (it's a proven fact). But in The Chase, Azula holds her own against Katara + the rest of the gaang because she weakened them all with sleep deprivation.

So who wins depends on the countless factors that not even a calculator can calculate. A single cup of water can mean the difference between victory and defeat.

you're completely right, but i think when people make threads like these, they mean "who's more skilled?"

stump2790

[38]Jan 18, 2008
    Superman will vaporize both with his heat vision.

Sektos

[39]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 10
    OKay- Katara was beatting Azula in CROD. But to be fair Katara had all the advatages. Katara has fought water benders before so knows their style and she also had a full lake at her disposal. Azula- Had the disadvantage. Though a great bender Azula suffers from lack of Experience (something that has made Zuko such an amazing bender along with his power) and i highly doubt she has ever taken on a water bender before, definately not one as good as Katara. On top of that the battle occured underground so Azula had no SUn to draw more energy from.

pmgandrews

[40]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 3

Katara hadn't entirly won yet in their fight in Crossroads, she had simply got a hold of an arm and leg.

At this point she could have indeed slammed her into a wall, but Azula is capable of firing with 1 arm or leg too, meaning there is a chance she could have broken free. This was also in a cave, meaning Azula had no access to the sun, making it the same as battling at night for her, yet Katara had a huge river that was right next to them at her disposal.

They seemed roughly equal in that fight, but you have to keep in mind that Azula would have been powered down due to lack of sunlight. Although I also got the impression that Azula underestimated Katara at first, seeing as how Aang could barely survive a battle with her, yet Katara just grabs her without to much trouble.

Azula has also shown the ability that if she doesn't want to get hit, she won't, seeing as how she was dodging all of Aang and Toph's moves during the invasion. This would seem to imply that Azula got a lot stronger in the last few months, seeing as how Aang could at least land a hit back on the Drill.

Course Katara has gotten a lot stronger too.

So the situation and location of the battle are the main factors here really. Course one lightning bolt is an instant kill here, seeing as how Katara isn't fast enough to dodge it and can't block it with water either.