We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Guys, Avatar WILL NOT END forever...

crashblast24

[1]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 7

Mike & Bryan are making another avatar series, they didn??t confirm it but they hinted it a lot of times, like in CCSD 2007 when the little kid asked is this the last Avatar season they said "For this Story, yes.". and in many interviews when they ask what??s next for avatar they said it??s on the early stages but will be planned out.

So guys, Don??t cry that there??s no book 4 and make petitions about it. There??s gonna be a whole new Avatar series (Avatar: _____) with new main characters and seasons. Personally I think there??s going to be a trilogy (Avatar: The Last Airbender, Avatar: The second series, Avatar: the third and final series).

oh, and if it doesn??t happen........

NICK MUST DIEEEEE!!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libraman_92

[2]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 10
    thank you. this was necessary. but now that you've made the message, we should just give it a bump.

LondonParisNYC

[4]Aug 4, 2008
    Yeah there's been alot of speculation about this, but it's not set in stone yet.

libraman_92

[5]Aug 4, 2008
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    Yeah there's been alot of speculation about this, but it's not set in stone yet.

i know. but let's hope that it does! *hands stone to Bryke*

isabelwhatx

[6]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 14
    This is eons too late. Sorry. I've heard this story a lot. They said that if they do make another series it will be based on a completely new Avatar and probably made after the movies. And it's not a very good chance that this idea will pull through. Don't get your hopes up.

lovepughugs

[7]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 5
    I heard about this too, I just hope it happens sooner then later.

isabelwhatx

[8]Aug 4, 2008
    lovepughugs wrote:
    I heard about this too, I just hope it happens sooner then later.

I just hope it happens. I'd gladly wait five years. In fact, the older I get, I think the more I'd appreciate this show.

Sychtriatric

[9]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 2
    I wonder if the next series if there is one or what not, a spin off? If they'll bring back the Air Nomads, I'd love to know more about their background and history, or actually all of the backgrounds of the nations.

isabelwhatx

[10]Aug 4, 2008
    Sychtriatric wrote:
    I wonder if the next series if there is one or what not, a spin off? If they'll bring back the Air Nomads, I'd love to know more about their background and history, or actually all of the backgrounds of the nations.

It wouldn't be like that. It would revolve around another Avatar. They were taking about making mini episodes, I think, that might answer your questions.

Sychtriatric

[11]Aug 4, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Sychtriatric wrote:

It wouldn't be like that. It would revolve around another Avatar. They were taking about making mini episodes, I think, that might answer your questions.

I don't care but more background would be kind of cool to see in my opinion, but the new avatar I would hope would not be a Air Nomad again. Maybe he has to seek out Aang, or such. I like Avatar I just hope the don't make a sequel that takes out everything that people liked about it.

isabelwhatx

[12]Aug 4, 2008
    Sychtriatric wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Sychtriatric wrote:

I don't care but more background would be kind of cool to see in my opinion, but the new avatar I would hope would not be a Air Nomad again. Maybe he has to seek out Aang, or such. I like Avatar I just hope the don't make a sequel that takes out everything that people liked about it.

I'm sure they won't. Mike and Bryan are phenomenal writers. If they go to the future, I think they'd make the Avatar a girl, just to balance things out. And probably not an Air Nomad, because that would be too repetitive. I wouldn't worry about originality in that department.

Sychtriatric

[13]Aug 4, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Sychtriatric wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Sychtriatric wrote:

I'm sure they won't. Mike and Bryan are phenomenal writers. If they go to the future, I think they'd make the Avatar a girl, just to balance things out. And probably not an Air Nomad, because that would be too repetitive. I wouldn't worry about originality in that department.

What else has Mike and Bryan worked on?

isabelwhatx

[14]Aug 4, 2008
    Sychtriatric wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Sychtriatric wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Sychtriatric wrote:

What else has Mike and Bryan worked on?

Lmao I've got no idea. This Avatar series is enough. Anything else pales in comparison.

Axrendale

[15]Aug 4, 2008

As enjoyable as it is to speculate on the future of Avatar, for now we've got a while to wait. Other than the rumored mini-series, Bryke have stated that for now they're busy working on the live action movies. Everything hinges on those movies. If they are enough of a financial success, it is almost inconcievable that the series won't be brought back in some way. Heck, it might well come back even without financial success. Look at the Speed Racer movie; that was one of the worst movies of all time, and lost a crap-load of money, but Nicktoons Network still released a new "Speed Racer" series.

Bryke have said that Avatar will be at the next comic con thing, so that is when we will no doubt get our answers, about the mini-series, and about what they will do after the movies.

And I know I couldn't stress this enough, but GO TO SEE THE MOVIE WHEN IT COMES OUT!

Even if we hate it, absolutely hate it, we still need to fork out the cash to go see it once, twice, ten times, because those movies are going to be what makes or breaks Avatar having a future. That and dvd sales. SO BUY THE DVD. AND THE BOX SET!

We really should start up a bunch of campaigns for all these things.

isabelwhatx

[16]Aug 4, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

As enjoyable as it is to speculate on the future of Avatar, for now we've got a while to wait. Other than the rumored mini-series, Bryke have stated that for now they're busy working on the live action movies. Everything hinges on those movies. If they are enough of a financial success, it is almost inconcievable that the series won't be brought back in some way. Heck, it might well come back even without financial success. Look at the Speed Racer movie; that was one of the worst movies of all time, and lost a crap-load of money, but Nicktoons Network still released a new "Speed Racer" series.

Bryke have said that Avatar will be at the next comic con thing, so that is when we will no doubt get our answers, about the mini-series, and about what they will do after the movies.

And I know I couldn't stress this enough, but GO TO SEE THE MOVIE WHEN IT COMES OUT!

Even if we hate it, absolutely hate it, we still need to fork out the cash to go see it once, twice, ten times, because those movies are going to be what makes or breaks Avatar having a future. That and dvd sales. SO BUY THE DVD. AND THE BOX SET!

I plan on buying all the seperate DVD's and the box set as soon as the box set comes out. I'm saving. I'm also going to see the movie at LEAST 5 times. We do need to promote Avatar. Nick's number one concern is money, and no matter how much some of us hate Nick, that's the only way to get what we want. Axrendale is completely correct, we cannot stress this enough. Buy as much Avatar merchandise as possible, because that's the key to an Avatar-filled future. Also, when is the next Comic Con?

HopeHime4

[17]Aug 4, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

I plan on buying all the seperate DVD's and the box set as soon as the box set comes out. I'm saving. I'm also going to see the movie at LEAST 5 times. We do need to promote Avatar. Nick's number one concern is money, and no matter how much some of us hate Nick, that's the only way to get what we want. Axrendale is completely correct, we cannot stress this enough. Buy as much Avatar merchandise as possible, because that's the key to an Avatar-filled future. Also, when is the next Comic Con?

Lol, I already have all the DVDs and Box Sets (except book 3 obviously). And I plan to buy tickets to the midnight showing of the movie (if they have one), and I will also see it opening day too!! I promise to waste more money in the name of Avatar!!

Jackson5050

[18]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 12
    Avatar is over! The live-action movies will be canceled, there will never be a soundtrack, and the mini-episodes/mini-movies are nothing more than a sick joke to play with the minds of Avatards. The only things we have left are the Book 3 box set and the Avatar MMO.

Axrendale

[19]Aug 4, 2008

Jackson5050 wrote:
    Avatar is over! The live-action movies will be canceled, there will never be a soundtrack, and the mini-episodes/mini-movies are nothing more than a sick joke to play with the minds of Avatards. The only things we have left are the Book 3 box set and the Avatar MMO.

Uh... sarcasm? I don't think that even Azula would have been as cruel as to say that.

kataang411

[20]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 3
    What's the point of more Avatar without the current characters. they already ripped my heart out by ending the series, changing characters is like cutting it up into little peices, burning it, and throwing the ashes into the atlantic ocean. Thx a lot Nick