We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Guys, Avatar WILL NOT END forever...

[81]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 14
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    I've been wondering what would happen if Disney got the rights. I actually think the show would be infinitely more popular. Where I live, at least, it's considered cool to watch Disney . Something about not caring what others think. Ugh. I feel like if Avatar was on it, people would watch it much, much more and not criticize us for it.

I actually think Toon Disney might've been a good place to show it. The only problem is that not everyone has it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

isabelwhatx

[82]Aug 6, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    I've been wondering what would happen if Disney got the rights. I actually think the show would be infinitely more popular. Where I live, at least, it's considered cool to watch Disney . Something about not caring what others think. Ugh. I feel like if Avatar was on it, people would watch it much, much more and not criticize us for it.

I actually think Toon Disney might've been a good place to show it. The only problem is that not everyone has it.

I don't =/ It's not popular enough to be able to fully advertise Avatar. I don't know half the shows on Toon Disney.

[83]Aug 6, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

I don't =/ It's not popular enough to be able to fully advertise Avatar. I don't know half the shows on Toon Disney.

Exactly my point. Not enough people know about it. I'm just saying that if it was popular enough, it would've been great. Why? Disney knows how to advertise and Toon Disney shows death. They had a Superman show and Superman died and stuff. And they have a bunch of Marvel shows and not to mention W.I.T.C.H. I don't watch Toon Disney a whole lot, but I do watch it occasionally. It's not that bad. If it was a good enough channel, Avatar would've done EVEN BETTER on there...and that's saying something.

isabelwhatx

[84]Aug 6, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

Exactly my point. Not enough people know about it. I'm just saying that if it was popular enough, it would've been great. Why? Disney knows how to advertise and Toon Disney shows death. They had a Superman show and Superman died and stuff. And they have a bunch of Marvel shows and not to mention W.I.T.C.H. I don't watch Toon Disney a whole lot, but I do watch it occasionally. It's not that bad. If it was a good enough channel, Avatar would've done EVEN BETTER on there...and that's saying something.

You're right. If Disney spent a fraction of the time it uses to advertise itself to advertise Toon Disney Avatar might've done better on there. But, the fact still remains that Toon Disney and Nick is considered a joke in the adult world. Or, at least, the teenage world. I don't think there's a channel that Avatar would comfortably fit into.

[85]Aug 6, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

You're right. If Disney spent a fraction of the time it uses to advertise itself to advertise Toon Disney Avatar might've done better on there. But, the fact still remains that Toon Disney and Nick is considered a joke in the adult world. Or, at least, the teenage world. I don't think there's a channel that Avatar would comfortably fit into.

...Cartoon Network?
    Ugh. You know what? Bryke just needs their own channel. Then it would be filled with epic shows 24/7. We shall call it EpiK. Yea. *dreams*

isabelwhatx

[86]Aug 6, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

...Cartoon Network?
    Ugh. You know what? Bryke just needs their own channel. Then it would be filled with epic shows 24/7. We shall call it EpiK. Yea. *dreams*

LMAO. I love the name. This has been discussed before. But a new channel would only cause viewers to be bored by Avatar and therefore diminish the hype. How about the History Channel? Ahahaha. It does have history, just of another world

[88]Aug 6, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

...Cartoon Network?

LMAO. I love the name. This has been discussed before. But a new channel would only cause viewers to be bored by Avatar and therefore diminish the hype. How about the History Channel? Ahahaha. It does have history, just of another world

LOL. How about SOAP (it would be more dramatic!) or maybe Discovery...(DISCOVER the Avatar World!) XD

isabelwhatx

[89]Aug 6, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

...Cartoon Network?

LOL. How about SOAP (it would be more dramatic!) or maybe Discovery...(DISCOVER the Avatar World!) XD

LOL! YES! DISCOVERY CHANNEL! Or Animal Planet, because of the weird, abnormal animals on ATLA.

teenage_fanatic

[90]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 25
    As much as a new season of Avatar would be great, I personally don't like the idea of a spin off of the series, I don't think it would really live up to the original personally.

isabelwhatx

[91]Aug 6, 2008
    teenage_fanatic wrote:
    As much as a new season of Avatar would be great, I personally don't like the idea of a spin off of the series, I don't think it would really live up to the original personally.

But the spin off, I don't think, will take away from the original even if the new one is an epic fail. I think it's worth the risk.

gilvatar

[92]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 17
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

...Cartoon Network?

LOL! YES! DISCOVERY CHANNEL! Or Animal Planet, because of the weird, abnormal animals on ATLA.
    or Showtime because it's the best Show of all Time!! Or abc Family. They've got weird random misfit shows there. Granted this would be the 1st good misfit they'd have but still... *turns on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reighndeer and fastforwards to the misfit song*

teenage_fanatic

[93]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 25
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    teenage_fanatic wrote:

But the spin off, I don't think, will take away from the original even if the new one is an epic fail. I think it's worth the risk.

Meh, I'd rather keep the original untouched xP

sharpguard

[94]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 12
    Please take this disscussion to the Official Avatar Continuation Discussion Thread.

K0rRupTi0n

[95]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 6
    sweet hopefully its as good as its predasessor

libraman_92

[96]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    teenage_fanatic wrote:

i think so 2

[97]Aug 11, 2008
    I think that if they ever decide on a spin-off or some sort of continuation, I have enough faith in Bryke for making it awesome. Just look at the story we have now, and think to yourself about how incredibly epic the whole idea is. If Bryke was able to come up with what we have now, why wouldn't they be able to come up with something else?

isabelwhatx

[98]Aug 11, 2008
    I think that if they ever decide on a spin-off or some sort of continuation, I have enough faith in Bryke for making it awesome. Just look at the story we have now, and think to yourself about how incredibly epic the whole idea is. If Bryke was able to come up with what we have now, why wouldn't they be able to come up with something else?

QFT! I think that same thing every day.

gilvatar

[99]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 17
    isabelwhatx wrote:

QFT! I think that same thing every day.
    *applaudes* yay for the truth!

Breaker94

[100]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 24
    why blame nick?