We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Guys, Avatar WILL NOT END forever...

TheGreatBishop

[101]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 3
    Breaker94 wrote:
    why blame nick?
    Blame Nick for what?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

doomed_soul89

[102]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 5
    The characters better atleast play a semi main role, like Kira did in gundam seed destiny

TheGreatBishop

[103]Aug 11, 2008
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    The characters better atleast play a semi main role, like Kira did in gundam seed destiny
    Not true, a lot of good spin-offs don't need the original characters to be good.

Spin-offs work well not based on characters that we've already seen, but based on new characters in the same setting (or more accurately, established universe).

Though like in Angel, one or two established characters wouldn't be bad, and could actually excel the quality of the show.

In short I wouldn't be too broken up if none of the main characters appear in a major role, so as long as the story itself is good and on the same standards of Avatar.

doomed_soul89

[104]Aug 11, 2008
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    Not true, a lot of good spin-offs don't need the original characters to be good.

Spin-offs work well not based on characters that we've already seen, but based on new characters in the same setting (or more accurately, established universe).

Though like in Angel, one or two established characters wouldn't be bad, and could actually excel the quality of the show.

In short I wouldn't be too broken up if none of the main characters appear in a major role, so as long as the story itself is good and on the same standards of Avatar.

I never said a spin off had to have the same charaters to be good (i like CSI Miami more then CSI) i'm just saying this whole show was about character development to just cut them out now seems like a huge step back

TheGreatBishop

[105]Aug 11, 2008
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:

I never said a spin off had to have the same charaters to be good (i like CSI Miami more then CSI) i'm just saying this whole show was about character development to just cut them out now seems like a huge step back
    But their character stories have concluded so it would be a huge step back to go back to them and add more.

doomed_soul89

[106]Aug 11, 2008
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:

But their character stories have concluded so it would be a huge step back to go back to them and add more.

The growth of a person is never concluded

TheGreatBishop

[107]Aug 11, 2008
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:

Ah, to true, but I'd prefer them not focusing on the same old characters and do new, fresh characters. But maybe one of the gAang members could serve as a mentor to the new group?

doomed_soul89

[108]Aug 11, 2008
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:

Ah, to true, but I'd prefer them not focusing on the same old characters and do new, fresh characters. But maybe one of the gAang members could serve as a mentor to the new group?

that would kinda suck, it should be like the Gang is trying to rebuild the world and then the new gang is trying to do something and their paths cross and then they give the new gang advice and some take it more to heart then others and then stuff happens

TheGreatBishop

[109]Aug 11, 2008
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:

that would kinda suck, it should be like the Gang is trying to rebuild the world and then the new gang is trying to do something and their paths cross and then they give the new gang advice and some take it more to heart then others and then stuff happens
    That sounds kinda lame to me, how exactly is it a spin-off if it uses the exact same characters? It'd be more like a sequel series, like that Ben 10 show.

doomed_soul89

[110]Aug 11, 2008
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:

That sounds kinda lame to me, how exactly is it a spin-off if it uses the exact same characters? It'd be more like a sequel series, like that Ben 10 show.

easy the new series with show mostly the new gang and just the recent gang like they show bumi and other leaders

TheGreatBishop

[111]Aug 11, 2008
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:

easy the new series with show mostly the new gang and just the recent gang like they show bumi and other leaders
    So have them as characters that rarely appear, but when they do a learning experience is had by all?

doomed_soul89

[112]Aug 11, 2008
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:

So have them as characters that rarely appear, but when they do a learning experience is had by all?

basically only sounding less gay then you put it

TheGreatBishop

[113]Aug 11, 2008
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:

lmao, how old would you have them?

Dafoose

[114]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 19
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:
    TheGreatBishop wrote:
    doomed_soul89 wrote:

lmao, how old would you have them?

Enough. You are both taunting each other into an arguement. Likely scaring other people from commenting on this thread.

This thread is more about the minisodes and the movies and the comics and teh whatnot's avatar's "Spriritual" and "real continuity".

isabelwhatx

[115]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 14
    I agree with Bryke (about everything). I do think that the gAang needs to vanish and a new series of characters should present themselves. Any more character development on the gAang would be childish and unneeded.

Jackson5050

[116]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 12
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    I agree with Bryke (about everything). I do think that the gAang needs to vanish and a new series of characters should present themselves. Any more character development on the gAang would be childish and unneeded.
    Uh-oh, did someone say: Avatar: The Legend Begins??? I think it is going to happen...

isabelwhatx

[117]Aug 11, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Uh-oh, did someone say: Avatar: The Legend Begins??? I think it is going to happen...

I think it'll happen. It's the best idea for a story line so far. It's ridic. original, in my opinion, and it gives an awesome way to have character development. I mean, imagine the confusion! Epic.

Axrendale

[118]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 10

isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    I think it'll happen. It's the best idea for a story line so far. It's ridic. original, in my opinion, and it gives an awesome way to have character development. I mean, imagine the confusion! Epic.

Hold on - Avatar: The Legend Begins? Did i miss something? What is this about?

isabelwhatx

[119]Aug 11, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

Hold on - Avatar: The Legend Begins? Did i miss something? What is this about?

Oh, whoops. Wrong thread lmao. My badddd.

TitanPredator

[120]Aug 12, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

As enjoyable as it is to speculate on the future of Avatar, for now we've got a while to wait. Other than the rumored mini-series, Bryke have stated that for now they're busy working on the live action movies. Everything hinges on those movies. If they are enough of a financial success, it is almost inconcievable that the series won't be brought back in some way. Heck, it might well come back even without financial success. Look at the Speed Racer movie; that was one of the worst movies of all time, and lost a crap-load of money, but Nicktoons Network still released a new "Speed Racer" series.

Bryke have said that Avatar will be at the next comic con thing, so that is when we will no doubt get our answers, about the mini-series, and about what they will do after the movies.

And I know I couldn't stress this enough, but GO TO SEE THE MOVIE WHEN IT COMES OUT!

Even if we hate it, absolutely hate it, we still need to fork out the cash to go see it once, twice, ten times, because those movies are going to be what makes or breaks Avatar having a future. That and dvd sales. SO BUY THE DVD. AND THE BOX SET!

We really should start up a bunch of campaigns for all these things.

Hey, it seems like I finaly agree with you on something. But maybe the movies will be cool. We can't say anything about it now, because the casting didn't even start.

But I still hope they make a book 4 about Aang and the gaang. If they'd make a new avatar, who is weak at the start and then learns bending from his friends and masters and someone chasing him, then they would repeat everything. Than it's not cool anymore. So if they're going to make a series about a new avatar, they should think of a whole new storyline.