We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Guys, Avatar WILL NOT END forever...

xXKarisuXx

[21]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 12
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...
    other than the live-action movies, we won't hear from Avatar again.
    They couldn't just up and make another series, or even mini-movies. If not done as well as the finale, it would seem like bad fanfiction.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

isabelwhatx

[22]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 14
    HopeHime4 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

As enjoyable as it is to speculate on the future of Avatar, for now we've got a while to wait. Other than the rumored mini-series, Bryke have stated that for now they're busy working on the live action movies. Everything hinges on those movies. If they are enough of a financial success, it is almost inconcievable that the series won't be brought back in some way. Heck, it might well come back even without financial success. Look at the Speed Racer movie; that was one of the worst movies of all time, and lost a crap-load of money, but Nicktoons Network still released a new "Speed Racer" series.

Bryke have said that Avatar will be at the next comic con thing, so that is when we will no doubt get our answers, about the mini-series, and about what they will do after the movies.

And I know I couldn't stress this enough, but GO TO SEE THE MOVIE WHEN IT COMES OUT!

Even if we hate it, absolutely hate it, we still need to fork out the cash to go see it once, twice, ten times, because those movies are going to be what makes or breaks Avatar having a future. That and dvd sales. SO BUY THE DVD. AND THE BOX SET!

We really should start up a bunch of campaigns for all these things.

I plan on buying all the seperate DVD's and the box set as soon as the box set comes out. I'm saving. I'm also going to see the movie at LEAST 5 times. We do need to promote Avatar. Nick's number one concern is money, and no matter how much some of us hate Nick, that's the only way to get what we want. Axrendale is completely correct, we cannot stress this enough. Buy as much Avatar merchandise as possible, because that's the key to an Avatar-filled future. Also, when is the next Comic Con?

Lol, I already have all the DVDs and Box Sets (except book 3 obviously). And I plan to buy tickets to the midnight showing of the movie (if they have one), and I will also see it opening day too!! I promise to waste more money in the name of Avatar!!

Lmao. I have the box sets too. I'm buying duplicates

isabelwhatx

[23]Aug 4, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Avatar is over! The live-action movies will be canceled, there will never be a soundtrack, and the mini-episodes/mini-movies are nothing more than a sick joke to play with the minds of Avatards. The only things we have left are the Book 3 box set and the Avatar MMO.

Go here for the soundtrack, basically. I've downloaded the songs, they don't have a high risk. But I do have spyware software, so I don't know what it would do for your computer. Live-Action movies have been so confirmed it's painful. Dunno about the mini episodes yet. I hope you were joking, btw.

isabelwhatx

[24]Aug 4, 2008
    kataang411 wrote:
    What's the point of more Avatar without the current characters. they already ripped my heart out by ending the series, changing characters is like cutting it up into little peices, burning it, and throwing the ashes into the atlantic ocean. Thx a lot Nick

I disagree. This series was played out perfectly and as much as I love it, I am glad that it's over. Well, not glad, but not sad, which surprised me. It was so completely satisfying and I couldn't ask for anything more. I don't mourn over Avatar because its end wasn't tragic, but beautiful. And even though it's hard to wrap your mind around, new characters might actually be a good thing. This series wasn't going to go anywhere after the finale. They basically covered most of the questions we had. They couldn't prolong the series much longer. New characters with new character development and a new plot will give us more ways to inspect the Avatar world. I'm super excited that they might make a new series. Be positive.

isabelwhatx

[25]Aug 4, 2008
    xXKarisuXx wrote:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...
    other than the live-action movies, we won't hear from Avatar again.
    They couldn't just up and make another series, or even mini-movies. If not done as well as the finale, it would seem like bad fanfiction.

I don't think Nick will be able to completely forget Avatar. It's been a seriously popular series. Hopefully, the live action movies will pwn and Bryke will be inspired to create a new series. You'd be surprised what Bryke could come up with. I trust them to write yet another phenomenal script that will amaze us.

KnightGuard

[26]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 5
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Avatar is over! The live-action movies will be canceled, there will never be a soundtrack, and the mini-episodes/mini-movies are nothing more than a sick joke to play with the minds of Avatards. The only things we have left are the Book 3 box set and the Avatar MMO.

Right about Avatar being over. The first movie will be made, the others will only be canceled if the first one sucks and loses a ton a money. If a new series is created, hopefully it will be a new series not related to Avatar or of any asian culture. The creators are white guys, one asian inspired series is enough. Something else from them would be interesting.
    (many popular series on nick just end, only other thing is being shown on nicktoons)

isabelwhatx

[27]Aug 4, 2008
    KnightGuard wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

Right about Avatar being over. The first movie will be made, the others will only be canceled if the first one sucks and loses a ton a money. If a new series is created, hopefully it will be a new series not related to Avatar or of any asian culture. The creators are white guys, one asian inspired series is enough. Something else from them would be interesting.
    (many popular series on nick just end, only other thing is being shown on nicktoons)

It will be another Avatar based show. Why wouldn't it be? It's just going to be a different Avatar. Sorry, more Asia coming at you

LondonParisNYC

[28]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 7

isabelwhatx wrote:
    KnightGuard wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Right about Avatar being over. The first movie will be made, the others will only be canceled if the first one sucks and loses a ton a money. If a new series is created, hopefully it will be a new series not related to Avatar or of any asian culture. The creators are white guys, one asian inspired series is enough. Something else from them would be interesting. (many popular series on nick just end, only other thing is being shown on nicktoons)
    It will be another Avatar based show. Why wouldn't it be? It's just going to be a different Avatar. Sorry, more Asia coming at you

lol if they do make another series, they should have it take place in some completly random country.

like brazil.

hahaha.

isabelwhatx

[29]Aug 4, 2008
    LondonParisNYC wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:
    KnightGuard wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Right about Avatar being over. The first movie will be made, the others will only be canceled if the first one sucks and loses a ton a money. If a new series is created, hopefully it will be a new series not related to Avatar or of any asian culture. The creators are white guys, one asian inspired series is enough. Something else from them would be interesting. (many popular series on nick just end, only other thing is being shown on nicktoons)

lol if they do make another series, they should have it take place in some completly random country.

like brazil.

hahaha.

Also not going to happen. Avatar world is a completely different world. Brazil won't happen ahahahaha

LondonParisNYC

[30]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 7
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    LondonParisNYC wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:
    KnightGuard wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

like brazil.

hahaha.

Also not going to happen. Avatar world is a completely different world. Brazil won't happen ahahahaha

how about luxembourg?

lol

carlsonem

[31]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 9
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    LondonParisNYC wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:
    KnightGuard wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

like brazil.

hahaha.

how about luxembourg?

lol

Luxembourg.....rightttt

isabelwhatx

[32]Aug 4, 2008
    carlsonem wrote:
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    LondonParisNYC wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:
    KnightGuard wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

like brazil.

hahaha.

how about luxembourg?

lol

Luxembourg.....rightttt

Lol. Tempting to Bryke, I'm sure, but no.

Jackson5050

[33]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 12
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Go herefor the soundtrack, basically. I've downloaded the songs, they don't have a high risk. But I do have spyware software, so I don't know what it would do for your computer. Live-Action movies have been so confirmed it's painful. Dunno about the mini episodes yet. I hope you were joking, btw.
    Yeah, I was being facetious.

Axrendale

[34]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 10

Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Go herefor the soundtrack, basically. I've downloaded the songs, they don't have a high risk. But I do have spyware software, so I don't know what it would do for your computer. Live-Action movies have been so confirmed it's painful. Dunno about the mini episodes yet. I hope you were joking, btw.

Phew.

isabelwhatx

[35]Aug 4, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

Phew.

Lmao. QFT

Axrendale

[36]Aug 4, 2008

Okay, so let's go over the basic points again.

-We have no idea whether the movies are going to be good or bad. Bryke are working on them, so I'm going to believe in awsome until I see them myself, and am proven right Some people are nervous about Shyamalan. Don't be. Prior to making Star Wars, the only things George Lucas was known for was depressing dysotopies and bad tv shows. Ditto (almost, he never made the depressing dysotopies, but his movies weren't exactly what you'd call successful) for Peter Jackson prior to making The Lord of the Rings. All you need is a good idea and some passion, and after that you're set.

-Lately, Avatar has been doing far better than spongebob, Nick's cash cow. I don't think that the Sponge has recently been able to produce anything capable of attracting 5.6 million viewers - 19 million total after the re-runs. Nick would have to be blind not to see that they're on to something here.

-It has been proved repeatedly that it is quite possible to continue the story of a world fans have fallen in love with, as long as you give the original storyline a rest and keep it fresh.

-Asians and Asia are awsome.

isabelwhatx

[37]Aug 4, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

Okay, so let's go over the basic points again.

-We have no idea whether the movies are going to be good or bad. Bryke are working on them, so I'm going to believe in awsome until I see them myself, and am proven right Some people are nervous about Shyamalan. Don't be. Prior to making Star Wars, the only things George Lucas was known for was depressing dysotopies and bad tv shows. Ditto (almost, he never made the depressing dysotopies, but his movies weren't exactly what you'd call successful) for Peter Jackson prior to making The Lord of the Rings. All you need is a good idea and some passion, and after that you're set.

-Lately, Avatar has been doing far better than spongebob, Nick's cash cow. I don't think that the Sponge has recently been able to produce anything capable of attracting 5.6 million viewers - 19 million total after the re-runs. Nick would have to be blind not to see that they're on to something here.

-It has been proved repeatedly that it is quite possible to continue the story of a world fans have fallen in love with, as long as you give the original storyline a rest and keep it fresh.

-Asians and Asia are awsome.

Lmao.
    1. You are way too much of a Star Wars geek
    2. I didn't know that about the views. That rocks! That actually gets my hopes up about the new series. I mean, if ATLA did so well, Nick can't ignore it any longer. It seems to have finally acquired the pretty penny status after the finale.
    3. Isn't M. Night more widely known for sucking at writing rather than producing/directing? Since Bryke will be there, I don't have any worries. Things can't go wrong with them around. I mean, they're an unstoppable force of epicness.

Axrendale

[38]Aug 5, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:
    1. You are way too much of a Star Wars geek

I am a history freak, Star Wars geek, Harry Potter nut, LoTR valarian, and Avatard who is hopelessly in love with Azula.

Good grief. If you didn't know that I was a nice person, you'd probably avoid me like the plague

Axrendale

[40]Aug 5, 2008

KnightGuard wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    KnightGuard wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    What makes you think that all their capable of creating is Avatar? I will bump this thread when they make a show about a boy and his animal friends in Africa. - 1. For every director that succeeds, there is a hundred that fail. + When was the last time there was a good live-action movie based on a cartoon for 10 years olds? (never) 2.Of course its doing better, Avatar is at the end of its run. Now that the story has been told, the show won't get past 100K viewers world wide. The re-runs are boring now that you know what happens. Many other shows, including Spongebob Squarepants, have ran for 10 years. Avatar barely passed three. Total viewers over 10 years >>>>> Total viewers over 3 years. 3.Making a new series for Avatar is lame. Might as well watch anime, if you're more in with the characters than the show itself. Its just more of the same. Make a new series, unrelated to Avatar. 4.Says the probable asian. Theres only two types of people who thinks Asia / Asians are awesome: 1 Asians themselves. 2 People who want to be asian. Anyone thinking clearly sees their media for what it is: second-rate copy of media from America / Europe / Etc.

Well, I think we need to get a few things sorted out.

First off, I am not asian. Not completely anyway. I am Australian, my family is a mix of British, Irish, German, and yes, a couple of Chinese relatives who visit every year or so. What is it with you and Asian people?

Unlike Spongebob, the Avatar fandom is not going to die. Believe me, I have seen what true, undying loyalty to something looks like, and this is it. Avatar fans are not simply going to forget about this - when our time comes, we will be back with a vengance. You've been flaming these boards for long enough that I'd have thought that you'd have picked this up by now.

Bryke have proven that they can succeed. Shyamalan is a dedicated fan who will cooperate with them. It will work. Trust me

New series can easily succeed if you know how to do them, and if and when they do, the fandom will pounce on them.

I chose to get rid of your offensive remarks about my favorite character. I won't address them.

Could you please start being a bit nicer? We're a nice bunch; at heart; we're quite forgiving. If you were willing to give up your flaming agenda, a lot of people around here would gain a lot of respect for you