We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

ATLA Live Action Film: ** Gran Gran & Yue Casting** UPDATED 04/05/2009**

Will you see the teaser trailer?

superSokka

[261]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    MarryLarry wrote:
    superSokka wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

The actors will probably be a few years older than the characters they portray for practical reasons.

All 3 movies will take about 3 to 6 years to make. So if the kids start out as 12, there'll be a noticeable difference in their age as the movies progress and since the movies' timeline will be less than a year. It'd be like watching the Harry Potter movies knowing all 7 take place within a year.

I see your point, but wouldn't you still run into the same problem? I mean if the guy playing Aang is 17 then it's possible to say that 3 movies will take at least 4 years to make if not longer. That means by the time Aang defeats the Firelord the guy playing his character wil be 21! Now using the same logic, if you have a kid playing Ang thats only 12, then by the end of 4 years and 3 movies later he would only be 16. So yes, there is a difference between 12 and 16, but I don't want to see Aang defeat the Firelord looking like hes gonna celebrate with a six-pack. Know what I mean?

As one gets older, aging becomes less apparent. One who is 22 doesn't look that different than when he was 19, whereas one who is 15 looks very different from when he was 12.

I get that, I just don't want the guy playing Aang at the end of the 3rd movie to look 20. One of the major ideas of the show is that a kid has to take down the Firelord. Not some young adult.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LeonMorado

[262]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 19
    movies can EASILY make adults like like teens.

fryan101

[265]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 1

please send me the web sites where i can find out where the open casting calls for avatar the last airbender the live action movie will be held.

Thank you

my e-mail is fryan101@aim.com.

LeonMorado

[266]Feb 29, 2008
    for future reference:

[267]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 3

thanks leonmorado i just went back and corrected my annoying typos...but anyway i agree with you supersokka, it wouldn't be the same with a young adult aang defeating the fire lord. The fact that aang is very young is extremely significant to the show's plot; aang is so young and with such a terrible burden.

But then again, they might adjust the show to meet the Hollywood standard. Perhaps a more serious mood, not as silly? Though I hope they keep Sokka as the hilarious sarcastic meat lover.

I also hope they keep Azula 14-15 because it adds to her strength; the scariest thing on the show is that she is only a teenager and already so ruthless.

katara925

[268]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 11

i just joined TV.com a little while ago and i've been trying to get info on where and when auditions are being held.

i read that kevin huvane of the creative artist agency was doing the casting and that auditions

must be sent to him by email including a resume. (is this true?) here's my problem,

i really really want the role of katara more than anything i kind of look like her i have the same skin tone

i'm around the same age(14-15) and i think i could do a really good job playing

her if they would just give me a chance to audition but i don't have a resume

and i've never acted in anything big or on TV before. so should i just give up i really need some advice.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? please help me

wiseone_777

[269]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 10
    katara925 wrote:

i just joined TV.com a little while ago and i've been trying to get info on where and when auditions are being held.

i read that kevin huvane of the creative artist agency was doing the casting and that auditions

must be sent to him by email including a resume. (is this true?) here's my problem,

i really really want the role of katara more than anything i kind of look like her i have the same skin tone

i'm around the same age(14-15) and i think i could do a really good job playing

her if they would just give me a chance to audition but i don't have a resume

and i've never acted in anything big or on TV before. so should i just give up i really need some advice.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? please help me

Have you acted before in ANYTHING? If you have, type it up all proper, with your name and all, and send. If you haven't, then STILL type your name out and all and Send. Many unfamous people have become famous because of taking chances (by Celine Dion) . For example, Luke Skywalker (not his name, I know; and cheesy example, I know.) He wasn't famous, then you know the rest. * pulls out lightsaber, *hiss hiss hiss* *

superSokka

[270]Mar 1, 2008
    LeonMorado wrote:
    movies can EASILY make adults like like teens.
    True, but there are still limitations. Not to mention that the closer the actor is in age, the easier it would be to believe that Aang is 12 or 13.

superSokka

[271]Mar 1, 2008

thanks leonmorado i just went back and corrected my annoying typos...but anyway i agree with you supersokka, it wouldn't be the same with a young adult aang defeating the fire lord. The fact that aang is very young is extremely significant to the show's plot; aang is so young and with such a terrible burden.

But then again, they might adjust the show to meet the Hollywood standard. Perhaps a more serious mood, not as silly? Though I hope they keep Sokka as the hilarious sarcastic meat lover.

I also hope they keep Azula 14-15 because it adds to her strength; the scariest thing on the show is that she is only a teenager and already so ruthless.

Oh Hollywood makes me nervous! I do worry about how much this story will be tampered with. The ages are just so important to get right and Aangs most of all. I as well hope they can keep Sokka as comic relief. I wanna here at least 7 meat references, 6 facepalms, 4 random sarcastic jokes and 3 scientific explanations...at least.

katara925

[272]Mar 1, 2008
    thanks for your advice (wiseone_777)
    I'll definately send it now but
    i'm really stressing out about the
    hole thing i just really love acting and i love avatar and i want this more
    than anything. THANK YOU again

DrAvatar

[273]Mar 1, 2008
    • level: 16

katara925 wrote:
    thanks for your advice (wiseone_777) I'll definately send it now but i'm really stressing out about the hole thing i just really love acting and i love avatar and i want this more than anything. THANK YOU again

You can also make a video of your acting and send it to him in the message. Do you have the email address?

wiseone_777

[274]Mar 1, 2008
    • level: 10
    You're welcome. I am Wiseone_777 after all.
    Edited on 03/01/2008 5:37pm

[275]Mar 2, 2008

Hi DrAvatar

I attempted to send you a private message concerning casting info, but now i think that i have no idea what a private message is. So anyway, I would be SO thankful for any information; not only am I interested in trying out for any role, but my friend (who is 15) looks nearly EXACTLY like Azula and is a good actress. But she's too shy to ask for info so i'm doing it for her, haha.

Thanks so much!

[276]Mar 2, 2008

p.s. to movie discussers....what do you think the CGI or special effects will be like? I don't know if M. Night Shymalan has much experience in animation, but i'm guessing he doesn't. But if done well, the special effects could be ridiculously amazing. Can you imagine the battle scenes? Fire vs. Water vs. Earth vs. Air!! Whoo, it makes me excited just thinking about it.

And also, Aang is supposed to be quite graceful and nimble, an air monk, but I have some doubts about whether Jonathan Nguyen will be able to pull it off. Do you guys think he'll be okay? After all, I have a brother who is the same age, and he is not exactly the picture of grace.

Edited on 03/02/2008 8:28am

tomtitan

[277]Mar 2, 2008

p.s. to movie discussers....what do you think the CGI or special effects will be like? I don't know if M. Night Shymalan has much experience in animation, but i'm guessing he doesn't. But if done well, the special effects could be ridiculously amazing. Can you imagine the battle scenes? Fire vs. Water vs. Earth vs. Air!! Whoo, it makes me excited just thinking about it.

And also, Aang is supposed to be quite graceful and nimble, an air monk, but I have some doubts about whether Jonathan Nguyen will be able to pull it off. Do you guys think he'll be okay? After all, I have a brother who is the same age, and he is not exactly the picture of grace.

shyalalalalalallamaman doesn't need to have experience with CGI, they hire people to do that for him.
    plus it's not confirmed that nguyen kid will play aang, so hold your horses.

Spike815

[278]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 14
    tomtitan wrote:

shyalalalalalallamaman doesn't need to have experience with CGI, they hire people to do that for him.

I think Shyamalan does good CGI work. Lady in the Water may have sucked, but the Grass Wolf was amazing. CGI isn't that hard anymore anyway. They have movies starring giant robots, I think they can pull off fake fire.

tomtitan

[279]Mar 2, 2008
    Spike815 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:

I think Shyamalan does good CGI work. Lady in the Water may have sucked, but the Grass Wolf was amazing. CGI isn't that hard anymore anyway. They have movies starring giant robots, I think they can pull off fake fire.
    right, i think the CGI should be the least of our worries, special effects have come a long way since the days of actors flying with strings. i heard every scene in 300 was filmed against a blue screen.

katara925

[280]Mar 2, 2008
    DrAvatar wrote:

katara925 wrote:
    thanks for your advice (wiseone_777) I'll definately send it now but i'm really stressing out about the hole thing i just really love acting and i love avatar and i want this more than anything. THANK YOU again

You can also make a video of your acting and send it to him in the message. Do you have the email address?

yeah i have an email address its katara_925@hotmail.com but i'm a little

nervous about sending a video