We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

ATLA Live Action Film: ** Gran Gran & Yue Casting** UPDATED 04/05/2009**

Will you see the teaser trailer?

edmasterchaos

[2961]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 41
    Noooo, demonic wig is win.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ranger8060

[2962]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 7
    edmasterchaos wrote:

ranger8060 wrote:
    Bunnygirl wrote:

New trailer!

There's a disturbing lack of Zhaoburns though. D: And did they mention filming in 3D before? Or was it last minute?

One, Zhao was not in the trailer, that was Ozai. Second, No, it was done in secret for about a year and they have been showing the filmmakers and M Night some test conversions and theya apparently liked it so they chose to do a full conversion. In addition, they said that the movie was purposely filmed to take advantage of the conversion, so it will look good, not like clash of the titans, which was horrible.
    Whoa watch out your letters dude that read like you were angry o.o

Anyway, awesome trailer, OMFG MOAR MOVIE!BLUESPIRIT YEEEAH!!
    Gotta say, i'm starting to get exited over this

HAHA sorry xD I didn't mean to come off angry. Also, I made a mistake, Zhao /is/ in the trailer, but for like...a millisecond when he dies. And .... no sideburns. Ehhh.

snowprincess456

[2963]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 15
    maybe zuko shaved off Zhao's side burns before that scene to serve as a form of punishment...

edmasterchaos

[2964]Apr 25, 2010
    snowprincess456 wrote:
    maybe zuko shaved off Zhao's side burns before that scene to serve as a form of punishment...
    Damn that's cruel o.o *hugs side burns*

gilvatar

[2965]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 17
    snowprincess456 wrote:
    and glued them to his blee spirit mask.

edmasterchaos

[2966]Apr 26, 2010
    gilvatar wrote:
    snowprincess456 wrote:
    ...that idea makes Movie!Blue Spirit 57% more badass.

snowprincess456

[2967]Apr 26, 2010
    gilvatar wrote:
    snowprincess456 wrote:

I think I wanna steal zuko's blue spirit mask....

bl0ndi3girl18

[2968]Apr 29, 2010
    • level: 9
    That trailer was aweeesssoommeee!!!!

taillow22

[2969]Apr 29, 2010
    • level: 11

Very nice trailer, Appa and the dragon look NOICE. Am I the only one who thinks the movie might be a little... scary o.o

WWinnieF

[2970]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 20

snowprincess456 wrote:
    [Best trailer yet!
    It's good, but seriously..."It has begun"? What is this: Mortal Kombat all over again? Seriously, it is like Aang is Liu Kang, Katara is Kitana (Luckily for Aang, kissing Katara doesn't result in a possible death, like Kitana's Kiss of Death in MK lore), Ruko is Raiden, Zuko is both Sub-Zero (Despite the different element, Sub-Zero--complete with his own badass scar--betrayed his clan and became a good guy after his evil older brother was killed...similar to Zuko's own transformation from baddie to ally after he defected from his nation upon seeing the wrongs being committed on its behalf) & Shang Tsung (Like Shang for Liu, Zuko is Aang's primary rival), and Ozai is Shao Khan, because the coreography seems the same and the overall ideas used for the MK saga (Mortal Kombat [the first film based on MK I], Anniliation [the second film based on MK II & MK III], Conquest [TV series spin-off loosely based on Shalion Monks & Sub-Zero: Mythologies], et al) seem to be incorporated into this film, minus all the soul-stealing, outworld monsterousities, and deadly fatalities.

At the final battle: FINISH HIM! XD

Edited on 04/30/2010 10:17am
    Edited 10 total times.

snowprincess456

[2971]Apr 30, 2010
    WWinnieF wrote:

snowprincess456 wrote:
    [Best trailer yet!
    It's good, but seriously..."It has begun"? What is this: Mortal Kombat all over again? Seriously, it is like Aang is Liu Kang, Katara is Kitana (Luckily for Aang, kissing Katara doesn't result in a possible death, like Kitana's Kiss of Death in MK lore), Ruko is Raiden, Zuko is both Sub-Zero (Despite the different element, Sub-Zero--complete with his own badass scar--betrayed his clan and became a good guy after his evil older brother was killed...similar to Zuko's own transformation from baddie to ally after he defected from his nation upon seeing the wrongs being committed on its behalf) & Shang Tsung (Like Shang for Liu, Zuko is Aang's primary rival), and Ozai is Shao Khan, because the coreography seems the same and the overall ideas used for the MK saga (Mortal Kombat [the first film based on MK I], Anniliation [the second film based on MK II & MK III], Conquest [TV series spin-off loosely based on Shalion Monks & Sub-Zero: Mythologies], et al) seem to be incorporated into this film, minus all the soul-stealing, outworld monsterousities, and deadly fatalities.

At the final battle: FINISH HIM! XD

yes..it is cheesy...but it is still better than the previous ones in my opinion...

WWinnieF

[2972]Apr 30, 2010

I am just saying that this AtLAB movie has an MK feel to it. Could be because the man behind it--I think--played a huge part in the making of the MK films.

Off-topic: I am still puzzled on why both Kitana and Sonya have a "Kiss of Death" move (unless they trained together). And given the romance the girls have had, how would they be able to contrain the move's power? After all, we know the Edenian princess has forever crushed on MK champion Liu Kang and Special Forces agent Sonya Blade would have a love-hate relationship with ego-driven film star Johnny Cage (whose on-again-off-again demise is partially key to his ability to compete in the tournament), is lusted after by bothher wiley Black Dragon adversary Kano & even the agedcaptorof soulsShang Tsung, and is committed to her partnership with Major Jackson (Jax) Briggs. Honestly, how can the girls love the people they do without risking their partner's deaths? Sure, MK continuity dictates that the characters can come back from the dead any time the creators--Boon and Tobias--wish so, thus making the comment moot, but still...

"It has begun!" ~ Shang Tsung, Demon Sorceror

mkgroup1.jpg Kitana, Liu Kang, Sonya Blade & Johnny Cage image by aneesah30

From Left to Right: Kitana, Liu Kang, Sonya Blade, and Johnny Cage

"Remember, the fate of billions rests upon you." ~ Raiden/Rayden, Thunder God

Yes, Aang, recognize that you are the Avatar, champion of bending kombat.

Edited on 04/30/2010 7:32pm
    Edited 8 total times.

Bunnygirl

[2973]May 1, 2010
    • level: 10

Most of the plot of the movie has been released in this Jeffpalmer video. He says he got it from a leaked version of a script. I only watched some of it though. I didn't want to be spoiled.

WWinnieF

[2974]May 1, 2010
    I hate when people try to spoil a movie before it is even out.

edmasterchaos

[2975]May 1, 2010
    Err, with this movie i think it's ok, i mean everyone is worried that it might ruin the franchise, so why not post all the details to comfort people?

WWinnieF

[2976]May 2, 2010

edmasterchaos wrote:
    i mean everyone is worried that it might ruin the franchise, so why not post all the details to comfort people
    Because in posting all the details, you not only show the movie's good qualities, but you also present its negative side, as well. And that could turn people away.

Edited on 05/01/2010 11:33pm

edmasterchaos

[2977]May 2, 2010
    WWinnieF wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    i mean everyone is worried that it might ruin the franchise, so why not post all the details to comfort people
    Because in posting all the details, you not only show the movie's good qualities, but you also present its negative side, as well. And that could turn people away.

Well that's the point. To show that the good qualities of the movie surpass the bad ones, if that's not the case then it's warning that it sucks. You don't have to read it, just believe those who have and share tehir opinion.

WWinnieF

[2978]May 2, 2010
    I've nothing against anyone wishing to share their opinions. But, I just would rather have seen a movie than be spoiled about it.

edmasterchaos

[2979]May 2, 2010
    And that's ok, nobody is forcing you to watch any spoilers, the guy is just giving them to those who want to see them.

bl0ndi3girl18

[2980]May 3, 2010
    • level: 9
    I watched it, and I'm pretty happy with the plot so far. And I saw comments on youtube saying that the plot seems rushed... Well I'm pretty sure that's only because your getting all that information squeezed into 10 minutes. So of course it seems rushed. But it's really not spoiling anything because it's based off of a series that all of us have already watched.