We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Antagonist of Season 2.

gideonbernstein

[1]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 45
    By the looks of things, it is clear that Courtney has become the main antagonist of TDA instead of Justin. Why did people thibk it was him anyway?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shishkabob999

[2]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 9
    Because there are Courtney fans who think she's the hero, and Courtney haters who think she's just extremely annoying and needs to die in a ditch. :B

And because Justin has managed to survive this long despite being utterly useless in challenges.

CrystalCoconut

[3]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 11
    [QUOTE="shishkabob999"]Because there are Courtney fans who think she's the hero, and Courtney haters who think she's just extremely annoying and needs to die in a ditch. :B[QUOTE]

No one thinks Courtney is hero 0.o

nate4123

[4]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 16

Here was some possible candidates for Antagonist in TDA:

Heather: Maybe. She seemed a whole lot nicer until Courtney came along. Now she's all over her hair.

Justin: No! I'm shocked to say this, but he isn't good to be an antagonist. Of course he did convince Gwen to a Grip win, a distraction for girls to focus, and is just trying his best to be everyone's eye candy. But besides that, he's just lazy. At least Heather last year tried her best to stay alive for the final 3. I believe Justin will leave soon.

Courtney: Maybe. She really has more advantages over the rest of the crew, which is really unfair. Plus, she looks really tough this season and she wants to win it all. But she plays the game fair which makes me think differently about her.

n5d25d90

[5]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 8
    Well, in some videogames you tend to have a starting antagonist and an ultimate antagonist, so maybe that's the case here. Perhaps Justin, albeit a bad antagonist, was a starting antagonist (the starting antagonists usually aren't very good at it anyway, or their impact isn't too great) and Courtney is perhaps the ultimate antagonist, the one that replaces the starter antagonist and is now the biggest threat.

...I hope this made sense. It makes sense to me, anyway.

shishkabob999

[6]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 9
    CrystalCoconut wrote:
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    Because there are Courtney fans who think she's the hero, and Courtney haters who think she's just extremely annoying and needs to die in a ditch. :B
    No one thinks Courtney is hero 0.o
    I wasn't talking about just you or just people on here. I've met some rabid Courtney fans, and it's not pretty.

Riankg

[7]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 6
    My oppinion:

Justin: Like he is the one supposed to be the antagonist..but we havent seen a lot of his evilness. I think that his evil plans are over now..because courtney came back.

Heather: She isnt. She is crazy, bald, she was the antagonist of first season..but she isnt the antagonist of TDA..at leats, for now. But I think she wont last anylonger so her plot will go down and she will be eliminated soon.

Courtney: Yes..she is the most antagonist of TDA..but she isnt that perfect antagonist..she has some advantages..but she follow the rules and etc. The only thing is that she is going to fight a lot with Duncan, she will be crazy but not EVIL...

In this point of the show..there isnt an antagonist..I think that this role wont have a big development like last season. There is other important things to happen.

snkcole06

[8]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 14

heres my opinion

Courtney is definitely the main antagonist now, she got poor Owen voted off, her so called rules is bullcrap, and shes more spoiled than Heather and shes getting better this season plus a little nicer, and i think with Courtney lawsuits/contract she can control the rules and everything else shes such a brat, that sounds like a antagonist to me

Edited on 09/12/2009 2:18pm
    Edited 2 total times.

facebookfan

[9]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 7
    gideonbernstein wrote:
    By the looks of things, it is clear that Courtney has become the main antagonist of TDA instead of Justin. Why did people think it was him anyway?

Not sure. At least Heather tried (and successfully) attempted to get into the final 3. Justin mostly relies on Beth and Lindsay's attraction to him to keep him in the game.

And I feel Courtney isn't really an antagonist. Only the other campers think so. She's just playing the game.

LordGrievous

[10]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 13

facebookfan wrote:
    gideonbernstein wrote:
    By the looks of things, it is clear that Courtney has become the main antagonist of TDA instead of Justin. Why did people think it was him anyway?
    Not sure. At least Heather tried (and successfully) attempted to get into the final 3. Justin mostly relies on Beth and Lindsay's attraction to him to keep him in the game. And I feel Courtney isn't really an antagonist. Only the other campers think so. She's just playing the game.

Playing the game is what Heather did in the first season and that's why she was the antagonist then.

facebookfan

[11]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 7
    LordGrievous wrote:

facebookfan wrote:
    gideonbernstein wrote:
    Not sure. At least Heather tried (and successfully) attempted to get into the final 3. Justin mostly relies on Beth and Lindsay's attraction to him to keep him in the game. And I feel Courtney isn't really an antagonist. Only the other campers think so. She's just playing the game.

Playing the game is what Heather did in the first season and that's why she was the antagonist then.

agreed. Justin using his looks to manipulate isn't really "playing the game", especially since his does NOTHING to actually participate/help in challenges (unlike Heather or Courtney). Heather and Courtney actually have brains AND looks, unlike Justin.

LordGrievous

[12]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 13
    facebookfan wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

facebookfan wrote:
    gideonbernstein wrote:

agreed. Justin using his looks to manipulate isn't really "playing the game", especially since his does NOTHING to actually participate/help in challenges (unlike Heather or Courtney). Heather and Courtney actually have brains AND looks, unlike Justin.

yeah so far Justin had been useless but that might because with Lindsay and Beth on his side he doesn't worry about being voted off. so he might hoping to go through the game unnoticed like Owen did.

gideonbernstein

[13]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 45

If you ask me, I feel that Courtney has become even worse than Heather. Such chiainery is expected of her, and nobody trusted her from the very begining. Courtney, hoever, has abadoned her significant other, Duncan, for $1,000,000 and threatened to let four ment fall to their death for it. Besides, Courtney has something Heather doesn't: a conscience.

Courtney has developed a macivellian philosphy that will lead her to a life of disaster. If she is lucky, she will just end up as a burntout slacker like Noah. If she isn't, she will become a raving lunatic like Izzy or a total sociopath like Heather.

Goeff should be considered a lesser antagonist in this season. He has all but sold his soul for TV fame, and I'll bet it will almost cost him the one thing that really matters: Bridgette.

tigerty101

[14]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 15

In 2 episodes I see Courtney as being way worse then Heather and Justin have ever been. She's like a mix of Heather's rudeness, Izzy's insanity, and Eva's rage now, which I'd think I'd like instead of hate more then just about any other character in the season.

If Heather's ever a real antagonist this season, it'll probably just be the episode she's eliminated, I doubt she'll do anything evil until then (not that I consider cutting Courtney's hair as evil either). Same with Justin. If he ever starts actually acting evil, it'll only be a couple episodes before he's eliminated I think.

KarmaGoddess11

[15]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 2
    facebookfan wrote:
    LordGrievous wrote:

facebookfan wrote:
    gideonbernstein wrote:

Heather repeatedly used her flunkies to get through challenges so she didn't have to participate/help. Remember her sitting around in the woods making Beth get her chips and Lindsay guard her? She didn't even build her own bike. She made Lindsay do it then let Lindsay get eliminated after having served her purpose. Heather participated when she had to. If she could get out of it or have a flunkie do it, she wasn't above doing so.

She was more the antagonist for doing things to sabotage others... like reading Gwen's diary on stage. Heather was a great antagonist, imo. Nobody else has measured up yet.

Courtney has some definite unfair advantages, but I could totally understand her frustration at the time she was being rude to the Grips. LeShawna gained some antagonist points for all the backstabbing, but she's not much of an antagonist either. Justin had lots of potential with leading Beth on at the beginning of the season... now with Brady looking ever more real... Justin seems to be running on empty.

Edited on 09/14/2009 6:09pm

Diddy_2000

[16]Sep 14, 2009
    Courtney doesn't have an unfair advantage. She just has an easier lifestyle at TDA.

n5d25d90

[17]Sep 14, 2009
    Diddy_2000 wrote:
    Courtney doesn't have an unfair advantage. She just has an easier lifestyle at TDA.

She doesn't have an unfair advantage?

Who couldn't get voted off in Oceans Eight or Nine?

And, who's getting the pretty comfortable pillow and good food, which'll ultimately help her in her A-game, while everyone else is uncomfortable and malnutritioned?

If you ask me, as "simple" as these things are, they can definitely give you an advantage.

stephdumas

[18]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 10
    gideonbernstein wrote:

If Goeff should be considered a lesser antagonist in this season. He has all but sold his soul for TV fame, and I'll bet it will almost cost him the one thing that really matters: Bridgette.

Good point about Geoff being a "lighter" antagonist. We have to wait and see if he found some redemption in the next Aftermath.

Maybe Leshawna acted as a "antagonist wannabe" by her fake crying to win a trip to the spa and how she taught of the other competitors. She's not at the same level of evil as Heather or bad temper as Courtney however.

somewierdkid

[19]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 5
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    Well, in some videogames you tend to have a starting antagonist and an ultimate antagonist, so maybe that's the case here. Perhaps Justin, albeit a bad antagonist, was a starting antagonist (the starting antagonists usually aren't very good at it anyway, or their impact isn't too great) and Courtney is perhaps the ultimate antagonist, the one that replaces the starter antagonist and is now the biggest threat.

...I hope this made sense. It makes sense to me, anyway.
    sense-maker, right here!

imverybasic

[20]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 16
    It's so clear that Courtney is the antagonist for the season. She has definitely become worse than Heather. The fact that no one has lived up to her standards is due to the fact that we haven't seen what she could really do, yet. Her rage and saboteur persona is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm thinking that she has a lot more in store for the other players than either one of us could imagine. At least when Heather came on the show, she didn't have to file some sort of lawsuit (of course she wasn't voted off due to tampering of the votes, that's changes the picture entirely). My point is though, that at least Heather wasn't as bad as Courtney is right now (I can't believe I just said that with a straight face), in terms of rage, I'm saying. Surely, she had her outbursts and bossed everyone else around- I won't deny the fact that she pulled some really evil stunts- but even before the game started, she was a lot calmer and well rounded than Courtney is right now. Not only that, Courtney is leading the Grips due to an unfair advantage that she has been given. Unless Justin will make a miraculous comeback (poor choice of words) as the antagonist, I'm not really thrown.