We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

TDA Finale Thread - SPOILERS allowed here.....

maritimer00

[1]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for the upcoming Total Drama Action finale set to air on Dec. 3 on Teletoon and Cartoon Network, as far as I know. Three things that need be noted here:

1) Please make your posts on topic..any posts about the upcoming season 3 or other non topic matters will be deleted.

2) Keep this discussion civilized...disagree with each other but no name calling please.

3) On the finale night, please no topics in the forum with headers "X WON!!!"....these will be deleted in fairness to those who may not have seen the ep yet.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shishkabob999

[2]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    Oh God, ANOTHER sticky thread? How am I going to see any of the other threads?!

Okay. Nevermind. First of all, I'm on Team Beth, even though I actually like Duncan a lot more, simply because I'm almost positive it's going to happen.

Also, I think it's interesting that last season, the eliminated contestants had a huge part in the challenge (hello, Izzy determined the winner), and this season, they seem to be watching from the Aftermath stage.

Riankg

[3]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 6
    I'm in team Beth as well..and i really like Duncan and Beth the same. OHH..and dont forget Lindsay..she helped as well..

DC-Dude

[4]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 26

I'm on team Beth. If Harold was in the final 2, I wouldn't know who to vote for.

I'm not saying I don't like Duncan, but he and Owen are becoming way too overrated this season.

person373

[5]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 12
    I'm on Team Duncan, even though it seems more likey that Beth will win

tigerty101

[6]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 15

Definitely on team Duncan, even though Beth has way more chances of winning. But still, I won't complain much if Beth wins, I'm still pretty neutral towards her.

nate4123

[7]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 16
    I'm on team Beth hands down. I mean she never been in the bottom two yet this season and Duncan has been on the threat to being voted off many times. The contestants didn't realize the toughness that Duncan has and is easily a clear shot of winning it. Beth has brains and I believe she was smart enough to make it to the finals. I really gotta give it up for Beth for sticking in there and hopefully she will win it all!

omid15

[8]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    Team Duncan! But there is a high chance Beth will win.

HaydenAvery

[9]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 21
    Beth almost always got the first gilded chris. i bet she will win big time.

imverybasic

[10]Nov 22, 2009

I'm a bit disappointed on how this season turned out, but anyway...

I like Duncan, but I'm not Team Beth only because most likely that's what's going to happen. I really thought that even though with this possibility not making any more difference that Courtney would be in the final 2 with Beth. But I guess she no longer has any purpose for this season-- and I suppose maybe I should thank my stars that she's no longer in the game-- that Duncan was the only other possibility. But as much as I like him, having Duncan compete in the final 2 is what's probably going to make this finale a little boring.

BrainMan820

[11]Nov 22, 2009

Team Duncan, all the way. Honestly, few other than he deserve to win it. Certainly not that pathetic Beth, who is just a complete and total loser. Duncan is at least straight with people, played the game the same way the entire way through, and never once entertained any contrary notions. I'm a little disappointed with how the writers handled the previous episode, particularly how that 32-page contract flew in the face of that "primal animal magnetism" and the "I. Do. Not. Care." on Courtney's end, as well as the "hottie in the fur bikini" and "nothing sharpens my dog collar" for Duncan.

Beth, however, is different. Like Duncan, she's been pretty constant, she's just constantly a complete and total loser and moron. Everything about her screams whiny and pathetic, from her imaginary boyfriend to her BFF'ing Lindsay.

It's a kid's show, unfortunately, so that pathetic woobiness is probably going to give her the prize.

alagaesian

[12]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 12
    Ah, but who else was the complete and totally pathetic loser in the TDI finals? Owen. And look at what happened to him.

I was also a little thrown off by the 32-page letter. From all the abuse she's given him throughout this season, and the fact that he was still very into her, I thought it take a little more than the standard Courtney insanity to make him vote her off.

Personally, I'm rooting for Beth to win simply so a girl won't be forced to win next season. That would make the last few rounds too predictable.

shishkabob999

[13]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 9
    Besides, I'd consider entering into a relationship fueled by Courtney's hypocrisy and one-sided rules ("only I can use pet names"), high demand ("you promised to pay me a compliment once every hour""you may hold me now", aka her ordering him to be affectionate when and how she feels so) and her complete inability to accept his seeming hundreds of faults (where's the detailed thirty-two page outline of hers?), not including all the physical tormet she put him through before they were in a relationship due solely to her own denial, much more pathetic than making up a boyfriend to get the attention of others.

HaydenAvery

[14]Nov 23, 2009
    and whos to say beths boyfriend isnt real? you dont know that yet brainman. and overall beth is a better person than duncan.

BrainMan820

[16]Nov 23, 2009

HaydenAvery wrote:
    and whos to say beths boyfriend isnt real? you dont know that yet brainman. and overall beth is a better person than duncan.

Justin's already pointed out that Beth was just reading factoids off of a modeling card. Further, the evidence speaks for itself. A candy ring, her eagerness to break up and date Harold?

As for Courtney's "pathetic" ability, the fact that she could clearly draw up something that complicated, as well as win challenge after challenge on her own merits, and not due to the help of an animal, clearly shows a high level of competence. And even in the final level, the fact that she was able to beat up several sharks shows talent. Beth shows none of this.

HaydenAvery

[18]Nov 24, 2009
    while beth may not have talent, she has a heart. and that gets you far. look at owen.

MabinogiFan

[19]Nov 24, 2009
    • level: 6

nate4123 wrote:
    I'm on team Beth hands down. I mean she never been in the bottom two yet this season and Duncan has been on the threat to being voted off many times. The contestants didn't realize the toughness that Duncan has and is easily a clear shot of winning it. Beth has brains and I believe she was smart enough to make it to the finals. I really gotta give it up for Beth for sticking in there and hopefully she will win it all!

What do you mean she's smart? She acts and sounds like an idiot like Lindsay sometimes. I guess their friendship must have damaged her brain. She doesn't seem as smart as last season, if she was very smart at all.

AcmeAcne

[20]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 2

Isnt Brady existence more or less confirmed since Beth attempted to secretly call him Million Dollar Babies, if he was just a story she invented to gain attention what would she have to gain from making a phone call to him in private without the others knowledge.

While ill agree Beths talents are far few between she like severval other chracters have proven quite capable and crafty on occasion. She still did manage to win immunity twice in a row for herself and other than Sue-mode Courtney was the only other character to do so this season. Also unlike Duncan who has out right cheated in several challenges Beth has played fairly and by the rules throughout the game.

I hardly see Beth as a pathetic figure, weird yes but not pathetic. She has gotten over her need for fake friends and hollow acceptance and is more than willing to stand up for herself when she feels she being taken advantaged of. She comfortable with who she is and is kind to all who kind back.