We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

TDA Finale Thread - SPOILERS allowed here.....

Skyancez

[81]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 14
    If we vote than Duncan wins easily.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HaydenAvery

[82]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 21
    actually cn could rig the vote to make beth win just so good triumphs over evil.

MabinogiFan

[83]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 6
    CN wont rig it. If it's rigged, than it'll be false advertising saying that WE could pick the winner. CN might get sued. And alot of Duncan fans will be mad.

HaydenAvery

[84]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 21
    uh hello? they can lie and get away with it. dude beth wins. get over it.

shishkabob999

[85]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 9
    It's still always possible that Duncan pulls it off. We have to see the episode tonight to know for sure.

maritimer00

[86]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 71
    Hmmm...interesting challenges for the final two....greased pole and an air cannon so far...

maritimer00

[87]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 71
    The Disaster Earthquake movie challenge is the final obstacle...pretty sweet......and yes its a tie....
    Edited on 12/03/2009 4:58pm

LordGrievous

[88]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 13
    Has anyone been able to vote yet?

UltimatePyro9

[89]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 36
    I'm voting for Beth.

shishkabob999

[90]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 9
    Hmmm... not a bad finale, for that first part. I loved how Beth and Duncan started to take some of each other's traits as they went through, that was actually really good. The Chref thing was annoying, but oh well. We saw what we needed to, and now we just have to wait to see how they're going to have one of them win (and what they'll do for the other 20 minutes before that next week).

tigerty101

[91]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 15

Excellent episode imo, I liked it better then last seasons finale. I found the chef and chris drama to be very entertaining, then seeing the final 2 going through the challenges made it a fav episode of mine. Looks like the contestants will be voting for who to win in next weeks episode, probably coming down to just a couple people's vote, probably someone who's vote can easily be for either Duncan or Beth. Can't wait. Voted for Duncan btw.

mitsukigirl13

[92]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 18
    What do I think of the finale. Well, most of it was kinda boring, and the ending was predictable, however I did like the Chris/Chef friendship plot, that was sweet how they both knew they needed each other Overall, I think Season 1's finale was better then season 2.

LordGrievous

[93]Dec 3, 2009
    tigerty101 wrote:

Excellent episode imo, I liked it better then last seasons finale. I found the chef and chris drama to be very entertaining, then seeing the final 2 going through the challenges made it a fav episode of mine. Looks like the contestants will be voting for who to win in next weeks episode, probably coming down to just a couple people's vote, probably someone who's vote can easily be for either Duncan or Beth. Can't wait. Voted for Duncan btw.

yeah it was more exciting then first season's and ditto with the vote.

Lionheart08

[94]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 30
    Interesting ending. I actually like this finale more than the last, because it actually makes it look like anyone can win, versus last season, where the writers did an ass pull with Owen winning. That said, since the winner is by vote, Duncan is totally going to win this. Unless everyone goes the joke vote route and vote Beth, there's no way Duncan is going to lose since he's arguably the most popular character.

Runner555

[95]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 6
    Well me voted for Beth cause she has to win cause she didn't make TDM which is weird unless Chris says to Duncan do you want to risk a million dollars for A billion dollars and he says yes and he makes it or something like that

alagaesian

[96]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 12
    The entire episode is now on Youtube for those who, like me, could not be there to watch it on television.

Voted for Beth. I'd rather have her win this season than to have the last few rounds of TDM be a total throwaway, because they kind of have to let a girl win if the first two seasons are won by guys. This round, we sort of think that a girl will win because a boy won last season. If Duncan wins, then we KNOW TDM will have a girl victor.

How Beth caught up was kind of predictable, though. Even if I didn't know there was going to be a tie, I still knew that the ending would at least have to be close, so things would be exciting. When Duncan suddenly gained an unfathomable lead, I knew that he would either get Tortoise-and-Hare syndrome, or Beth would find a shortcut. So, as soon as Chef said that you could skip the challenge by answering the trivia questions, I knew exactly what was going to happen.

The Chris-Chef drama/friendship was funny and pretty awesome. Somehow, the writers magically found the way to keep intercharacter-relationship drama high even when there are only two competitors left.

Yeah, I kind of like this finale better. At least it has some suspense and some actual racing involved. Last season, there was just a lot of Owen putsing around and Trent trying to run with a rock. It took FOREVER for the first finale to get over with. I was twitchy the entire episode, waiting for all filler screen time to play through so I could actually see the exciting parts. This season, I actually got caught up in the episode. Before I knew it, I was yelling at the screen, "What do you mean, I have to wait one more week to see who wins!?"

Skyancez

[97]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 14

I'll catch up to the episode later on. I voted for Beth, because if Duncan wins it's a girl that has to win TDM, which would kill off a season I was expecting so much from (unpredictability).

I like Duncan but Beth HAS to win.

iamtunk

[98]Dec 3, 2009
    Well, if they keep having the viewers vote then a girl might not necessarily win next season.

but I hope a girl wins TDM - Lindsay!

I think it's funny that CN had the voting thing up before California even had the episode yet. some poor kid probably went online and got it spoiled.

lady_god

[99]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 7

im surprised more people liked than disliked this episode. i personally think this finale was boring and predictable minus the whole chef chris thing. this episode didnt feel me with tension at all in fact the only small amount of tension i felt was when they both raced to the end. i kenw there was no way they would just make beth talk so much unless she pulled off some last minute catch up. honestly im disappointed in this season as a whole. sure it was more dramatic but i definitely liek season 1 better oh well.

all i can do is vote for beth and hope she wins. if not...at least she made the final 2 contrary to last season when she got kicked off due to a fake curse

LordGrievous

[100]Dec 4, 2009

alagaesian wrote:
    The entire episode is now on Youtube for those who, like me, could not be there to watch it on television. Voted for Beth. I'd rather have her win this season than to have the last few rounds of TDM be a total throwaway, because they kind of have to let a girl win if the first two seasons are won by guys. This round, we sort of think that a girl will win because a boy won last season. If Duncan wins, then we KNOW TDM will have a girl victor. How Beth caught up was kind of predictable, though. Even if I didn't know there was going to be a tie, I still knew that the ending would at least have to be close, so things would be exciting. When Duncan suddenly gained an unfathomable lead, I knew that he would either get Tortoise-and-Hare syndrome, or Beth would find a shortcut. So, as soon as Chef said that you could skip the challenge by answering the trivia questions, I knew exactly what was going to happen. The Chris-Chef drama/friendship was funny and pretty awesome. Somehow, the writers magically found the way to keep intercharacter-relationship drama high even when there are only two competitors left. Yeah, I kind of like this finale better. At least it has some suspense and some actual racing involved. Last season, there was just a lot of Owen putsing around and Trent trying to run with a rock. It took FOREVER for the first finale to get over with. I was twitchy the entire episode, waiting for all filler screen time to play through so I could actually see the exciting parts. This season, I actually got caught up in the episode. Before I knew it, I was yelling at the screen, "What do you mean, I have to wait one more week to see who wins!?"

Actually if Duncan does win TDA it won't mean that a girl has to win next season because they might end up having that vote for the winner thing again. plus having a girl win TDA would also be predictable because a boy won the season before showing a system of which gender wins each season.