We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

TDA Finale Thread - SPOILERS allowed here.....

iamtunk

[21]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 13
    AcmeAcne wrote:
    Isnt Brady existence more or less confirmed since Beth attempted to secretly call him Million Dollar Babies, if he was just a story she invented to gain attention what would she have to gain from making a phone call to him in private without the others knowledge.

err, the camera's?

I'm still kinda waffling on whether or not I think he's real.

Reasons for thinking he's real:
    1. It would just be funny if it was true
    2. The phone call
    3. If he's not, then who sent her the ring

Reasons for thinking he's not real:

1. Why would she dump him for HAROLD? Unless, of course, he wasn't real so she's just faking it to make herself "available".
    2. Wouldn't Brady have dumped her by now for flirting with Justin?
    3. Why did she wait to bring up Brady part-way through the season instead of at the beginning. Apparently they got together before TDA started
    4. She doesn't strike me as someone who would carry on such a lie for so long

Maybe everything would be clarified at the Aftermath
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HaydenAvery

[22]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 21
    i agree acme. now that i think about it beth is awesome. before harold was eliminated shed of been my 2nd pick to win.

stephdumas

[23]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 10

:
    Also unlike Duncan who has out right cheated in several challenges Beth has played fairly and by the rules throughout the game.

That could bring a interesting scenario to ponder: what if Duncan arrived at the finish line, won the million but was disqualified due to a cheating in a previous challenge?

alagaesian

[24]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 12
    ^ Ha! That's actually pretty funny. One might even argue that, had Duncan not made it to the second part of the Princess Pride challenge, Harold would have no reason to work together with Justin and therefore would not have been betrayed by him. And, if Harold was not stabbed in the back, he probably would have voted for Duncan instead of Justin, making Duncan's chances of elimination much, much higher. Perhaps the Princess Pride vote was a tie between Justin and Duncan, giving Chris the ability to decide who was going home? Harold's switched vote would then make the results NOT a tie, eliminating Duncan and keeping him from even participating in the final challenge. Except, they only decide to reveal this video evidence after Duncan "wins". It IS something Chris would gladly do, as it is very dramatic and boosts ratings.

But, that's just speculation into very unaccurate amounts of detail.

BrainMan820

[25]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 16
    I also state that it is still very possible that no one wins, and it's the transition to TDM. Don't forget to consider that.

HaydenAvery

[26]Nov 26, 2009
    the producers wouldnt do that! someone must win or many fans would be angry.

stephdumas

[27]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 10
    Another possibility how about having Duncan and Beth a tie?

imverybasic

[28]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 16
    Buth then Beth's non appearance in TDM would go unexplained.

HaydenAvery

[29]Nov 27, 2009
    so there are 26 episodes in TDA. plus a one hour special. my guess is the finale is a two parter with or without aftermath interviewing. then the one hour special will be an aftermath(if not done in finale) or some new challenge from chris to get in TDM.

PintheDog

[30]Nov 27, 2009
    • level: 29
    I'm Team Beth all the way. I wouldn't be opposed to a Duncan win, but as I said on the now-closed spoiler thread, Beth seems to have grown so much as a competitor throughout the season, while Duncan's been on a serious decline. Beth's never been vulnerable in the bottom two for elimination, while Duncan's been there three times and has only escaped due to someone getting manipulated by Courtney (Harold voting off Leshawna), someone pulled off a worse betrayal than he could hope to pull off (Justin), or a combination of someone not paying attention to where she's voting (Lindsay) and someone choosing to pointlessly waste his vote on someone who couldn't be voted for (Owen). Plus, Duncan's been losing things throughout the competition. Lost a lot of his manhood since Courtney returned, lost his spider, lost lots of friends and potential supporters by voting them off, and most recently, he lost the girl.

Yeah, Beth's been on such an uphill run since at least Justin's elimination, and Duncan on such a downhill run since Courtney's return, I'd be surprised if she doesn't win.

Skyancez

[31]Nov 27, 2009
    • level: 14
    Reading a bit of this thread gives me the thought that Harold might determine who'll be the winner somehow and it will give some karma to Duncan as he will lose because of it.

BomberFman34

[32]Nov 27, 2009
    • level: 5
    iamtunk wrote:
    AcmeAcne wrote:
    Isnt Brady existence more or less confirmed since Beth attempted to secretly call him Million Dollar Babies, if he was just a story she invented to gain attention what would she have to gain from making a phone call to him in private without the others knowledge.

err, the camera's?

I'm still kinda waffling on whether or not I think he's real.

Reasons for thinking he's real:
    1. It would just be funny if it was true
    2. The phone call
    3. If he's not, then who sent her the ring

Reasons for thinking he's not real:

1. Why would she dump him for HAROLD? Unless, of course, he wasn't real so she's just faking it to make herself "available".
    2. Wouldn't Brady have dumped her by now for flirting with Justin?
    3. Why did she wait to bring up Brady part-way through the season instead of at the beginning. Apparently they got together before TDA started
    4. She doesn't strike me as someone who would carry on such a lie for so long

Maybe everything would be clarified at the Aftermath

As for your first reason for "not real", Harold is technically the biggest heartthrob on the show right now, having three girls "digging" him at the same time right now. His only competition, Justin, lost both Lindsey and Beth back when he was eliminated leaving him with nobody. I guess Alejandro, based on the trailer, is tied with him at 3 (Lindsey, Bridgette and Leshawna). Irreguardless, I think the call and ring are enough to say Brady is real as real can get. Yeah, pretty safe to say Beth has this season rapped up, bring on TDM...

alagaesian

[33]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 12
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    so there are 26 episodes in TDA. plus a one hour special. my guess is the finale is a two parter with or without aftermath interviewing. then the one hour special will be an aftermath(if not done in finale) or some new challenge from chris to get in TDM.

IDEA.

There are twenty-six episodes and one special, right? Most people assume that the special is going to be part Aftermath. But, we have twenty-six episodes, which suggests that the last episode is going to be the Aftermath. Where is the special going, then?

I propose that the one-hour special is going to be Owen's party. Think about it: it's between seasons, and even though he lost the hundred grand, either winner will probably be more than happy to fork over a tenth of their winnings in order to enjoy the sickest party ever. It also gives the contestants a good reason to have a reunion, thereby giving Chris the golden opportunity to do another season kick-off.

It's the only thing I can think of where we don't have two random Aftermath-esque episodes in a row.

HaydenAvery

[34]Nov 28, 2009
    yea your right. the finale is ep 25. then the 4th and final aftermath is 26. i want that one hour special to air soon.

saylavee

[35]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 18

Team Duncan, Team Beth, we sound like Twilight fans (team jacob ftw!)

Anywho im for Team Duncan (i seem to pick the teams that end up losing). Though its more than likely Beth will win, I'd wana see Duncan win. Beth has been getting on my nerves ever since the whole "boyfriend" thing started. And when she thought harold was in love with her she seemed full of herself.

But lets put this in 2 points of veiws:

The producers of TDA) Beth is more likely to win since owen won last season and the way he was, also because they cant let kids think that you can be a juvie good things will happen to you.

If the characters were real and were on the show Survivor which TD is kinda based off) Duncan would win because he played the game and is kinda more popular with the other characters than beth is.

But this is the producer's choice and they dont make it like survivor in that way so Beth has a 90% chance of winning.

shishkabob999

[36]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 9
    They started that in canon with the "Team Gwen" and "Team Trent", I'm pretty sure that was before the Edward vs. Jacob crap started.

HaydenAvery

[37]Nov 28, 2009
    i like beth's oddsof winning.

lady_god

[38]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 7
    you know what almost every prediction and speculation that the ajority of people here have made throughout the entire season hjas been wrong so ill just come back after the episodes have aired. see you guys then (even though i havent been here for awhile anyways lol)

iamtunk

[39]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 13
    haha, good call.

saylavee

[40]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 18

shishkabob999 wrote:
    They started that in canon with the "Team Gwen" and "Team Trent", I'm pretty sure that was before the Edward vs. Jacob crap started.

Actualy no, the edward v jacob thing started when Eclipse came out which was a year or more ago.

But yeah I'm so mad that TDA wasnt on on Thursday >.< i really wana see the finale and see what the producers do with this