We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

TDA Finale Thread - SPOILERS allowed here.....

maritimer00

[121]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 71
    One thing I'd like to mention is that the reason the Canadian and American versions are now airing at the same time at the end is to prevent thoughts and posts that one country will have a different winner than the other (there was a lot of spec with season 1 about this..). I think the Aftermath will show the same winner in both countries irregardless of voting and the one hour special in 2010 may be like TDDDDI where the winner is given the chance to go for prize money in a scramble format like then and that's where the contestants for TDM get picked/announced.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HaydenAvery

[122]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 21
    so irregardless of voting beth will likely win? awesome!

timgueguen

[123]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 13
    Its worth noting that the Teletoon website voting tab has the headline "Its a tie! Who do you think should win?" That kind of wording allows for the vote to just be an opinion poll, and not an actual ballot to determine who wins.

shishkabob999

[124]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 9
    CN just says "Tiebreaker: You Choose the Winner, Vote Now". But yeah, that's really interesting.

imverybasic

[125]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 16
    Perhaps the voting poll could be just a front/concealing for the real winner. But then why would they put it up in the first place?

iamtunk

[126]Dec 6, 2009
    DC-Dude wrote:

iamtunk wrote:
    what makes you think A is Beth and B is Duncan Okay, I decided to just vote for Beth.

In the english language, words go from left to right (DUH) so since A comes before B and Beth is on the left, it is possible that Beth is A.

Ohhhh
    DC-Dude wrote:

Did you see the new blog about the writers wearing "Team Beth" and "Team Duncan" shirts?

No

Why is this thread no longer pinned?

Edited on 12/06/2009 9:27pm

AngelPIN

[127]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 2
    I voted for Beth however I'm sure that Duncan will win.
    Beth was in the middle of my favorites and started to rise near the end. However the fanbase of Duncan's is so high that I'm wondering what was the writers thinking of Putting Duncan in (you can see thousands of videos, fanfiction and art to him) vs a character who just started to rise at the end? I'm not happy that Duncan and Owen was in the final four AGAIN and that Duncan was in the finals as he would easily beat almost ANY character in the show as far as fanbase goes. I dislike him because of his jerk actions to many of the contestants (mainly Harold when it was reveled he was only doing it at the end for fun) but I understand also why many others do like him but still the fanbase for him makes it unfair to any contestant (plus in TDA he was focused alot more and had a relationship with Courtney who is very low in my favorites that was forced on and that he himself ruined).
    A nice gal that was not focused on or giving a good plot or relationship with a very low fanbase (she doesn't have much haters but at the same time no love from fans) (also I have a soft spot for characters that NEED more screen time vs characters that has more than enough screen time) vs a cheating jerk with at times a soft spot and niceness (who while I find entertaining he also gets me angry lot of times) who was focus on lot in TDA and was in the final four of TDI thus tons of screen time and a relationship that also has a high fanbase (I dislike Courtney however so I'm not a fan) and has fan videos and other acts of love to him and seems to be focused on by Cartoon Network itself. I wonder who would win? Not happy with the writers. Hoping TDM will give screen time to the ones that need it and the finals will be more equal in popularity.

iamtunk

[128]Dec 7, 2009
    I think I like Duncan better simply because he's more entertaining and Beth can be a little annoying.

However, I voted for Beth cuz I think she deserves it more. Plus, I used to be a Jr. High wannabee nerd. I've grown out of that (mostly, I hope) but I cannot deny my roots and need to have some understanding of someone who is.

That and she needs more support than Duncan.

DC-Dude

[129]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 26
    iamtunk wrote:
    DC-Dude wrote:

iamtunk wrote:
    what makes you think A is Beth and B is Duncan Okay, I decided to just vote for Beth.

In the english language, words go from left to right (DUH) so since A comes before B and Beth is on the left, it is possible that Beth is A.

Ohhhh
    DC-Dude wrote:

Did you see the new blog about the writers wearing "Team Beth" and "Team Duncan" shirts?

No

It's on the TDA creator's blog.

I know that the creators made two different endings, and I wonder if they actually would make it so there are different endings in Canada and the USA.

lady_god

[130]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 7
    DC-Dude wrote:
    iamtunk wrote:
    DC-Dude wrote:

iamtunk wrote:

Ohhhh
    DC-Dude wrote:

No

It's on the TDA creator's blog.

I know that the creators made two different endings, and I wonder if they actually would make it so there are different endings in Canada and the USA.

they did part in season 1 so they probably did in season 2 also

iamtunk

[131]Dec 7, 2009
    Oh yeah, I know what blog that is.

What I wanna know is how did they handle that whole "Owen's mother spent the millions on the cheese cellar" in other countries where Gwen won TDI.

did they just say the Owen's mother THOUGHT he won? If so, then she's even more moronic than before.

HaydenAvery

[132]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 21
    no owen's mother was confident that owen would win or at least get the split from gwen.

iamtunk

[133]Dec 8, 2009
    *smacks forehead* that's right! Gwen was going to split with him! I forgot about that, that makes more sense.