We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

TDA Finale Thread - SPOILERS allowed here.....

Riankg

[61]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 6
    imverybasic wrote:
    I'd personally be okay with a one-hour Aftermath rather than having a special this time. But that's just my opinion.

Me too..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iamtunk

[62]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 13
    I would like an aftermath (even if it is 1/2 hour) and a 1 hour special. that way we have 27 episode and 1 1/2 after the finale. If it's just a 1 hour aftermath then we only have 26 episodes and 1 hour after the finale.

but, a 1 hour aftermath and a 1 hour special would be great! (of course, I would prefer a 1 hour aftermath instead of a 1 hour special if it was one or the other)

alagaesian

[63]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 12
    Well, technically, they only have a few things to wrap up in the assumed fourth Aftermath. They have to decide the winner and tie off Beth's plotlines, as she won't be in the next season. Four of those six people aren't in TDM, so they don't necessarily require extra development and screen time in this final Aftermath.

And, it's not as if we're pressed for time in wrapping up Justin and Beth. Now that the Geoff-Bridgette drama is probably over with, the couple probably isn't going to soak up as much screen time as it has during the other three Aftermaths.

I'd rather have an hour-long special, so the next season can be properly set up. Imagine trying to cram the whole TDDDDI into half an hour. It would feel incredibly rushed, not to mention that the comedy would be mostly cut out. If they need to rearrange the storylines of 15 of the characters, they simply don't have time for Noah's sarcastic remarks, Heather/Courtney getting karma-ed, Tyler epically failing at anything sports-related, or Cody and Ezekiel fleshing out their somewhat-comedic roles. While I like the drama, a huge factor in my enjoyment of the show is the laughs I get from it.

Besides, the commentators have been pretty silent during the Aftermaths, and I'm assuming that this new one will be no different. I wanna see those six little guys actually doing something for once.

shishkabob999

[64]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 9
    Has a new Aftermath been confirmed yet?

HaydenAvery

[65]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 21
    yes. the 4th aftermath. it airs 12/10/09. so its not the one hour special.

lady_god

[66]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 7
    there are so many things i want to say but ill just wait patiently for the episodes to air before i say anything inaccurate ro stupid *starts to crack*

shishkabob999

[67]Dec 1, 2009
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/totaldramaisland/images/5/5b/TDA_Final_2.png

Looks like we as fans are, indeed, voting. I still have no idea how they plan on doing that, though, since they know that people will vote for Duncan but Beth's the factual favorite.

MabinogiFan

[68]Dec 1, 2009
    It seems there's an all day marathon of TDA this Sunday. And there's a timeslot marked SPECIAL at 9PM. It could be a TDA special, but as of yet we do not know.

shishkabob999

[69]Dec 1, 2009
    MabinogiFan wrote:
    It seems there's an all day marathon of TDA this Sunday. And there's a timeslot marked SPECIAL at 9PM. It could be a TDA special, but as of yet we do not know.

That'd be an interesting reference to the Survivor finales/reunions, since the final four/five plus reuinion always takes place on the Sunday after the previous episode.

iamtunk

[70]Dec 1, 2009
    I'm not so sure that's for TDA. There's the Marathon and then the Scooby doo movie and then the special. if the special was for TDA it would make more sense if they aired it before the scooby doo movie.

lady_god

[71]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    i think they did an ending for beth and for duncan and depending how the votes go, they will sair that episode like how they did for gwen and owen. which means duncan might actually win which will be highly disappointing but i cant comment any further until the episode airs so see you guys 2morrow

iamtunk

[72]Dec 2, 2009
    It looks like there IS an aftermath 4.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/article/10914#

I hope that that last sentence doesn't mean that there won't be a lot of focus on the last 6.

anyway, YAAAAAAAAAAY!

shishkabob999

[73]Dec 2, 2009
    Sounds funny at least, that you get launched right back to the animatronic monster. xD

HaydenAvery

[74]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 21
    i really hope duncan doesnt win. so when everyone tunes in for the finale theyll get a tie? XD. cant wait for new aftermath!

imverybasic

[75]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 16
    I doubt that the finale will end in a tie. Although, I think that both will win one part of both challenges and then there'll be a sudden death round which determines the winner.

DC-Dude

[76]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 26

Again, I think we have to vote during the commercial.

I've been telling all of my friends that in case there is a tie in which we have to vote, they MUST vote for Beth.

Duncan has a large fanbase and he will be hard to beat- so BETH FANS MUST UNITE!

HUZZAH!

MabinogiFan

[77]Dec 2, 2009
    MusicSunset on youtube thinks that the winner will be revealed during Aftermath 4 next week. So that must mean we have a week to vote. I hope not, though.

imverybasic

[78]Dec 2, 2009

Wait, we can actually vote? Sweet. If that's the case, then I might vote for Duncan. I expect Beth to win but if anything, I want Duncan to win.

How do we vote? Online?

iamtunk

[79]Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah, it will probably be on cartoonnetwork.com and Teletoon's website. And I think they are revealing it during the aftermath.

I pretty much think Duncan is goin to win now. I'm not sure who I want to win. I think I like Duncan better as a character, but I think beth should win. I'm not sure who I'll vote for if I vote.

nate4123

[80]Dec 3, 2009
    Saw it on CN's schedule and there will be an aftermath next week. Also check the title: TDA Aftermath: Who wants to PICK a millionaire? I'm in the side now that we are going to vote for the winner! Although, I don't like that Idea of voting. I just want to get it over with and see a winner, not wait another week and seeing that the person you hope of winning is dashed away from the votes of the favorite (if u haven't noticed by now, I'm going for Beth) And if Duncan wins, who knows if he will even come back for another season? Maybe Cake Entertainment should change that up and put Ezekiel there!