We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 3 Discussion Thread....SPOILERS allowed...

imverybasic

[1061]Aug 7, 2010
    • level: 16

All I'm asking is why? Why are they leaking vital information barely into the season? Now, everybody knows of the final 4. It's just going out of their way to spoiling it when the they're not even halfway through the season. I'm not referring to this thread, but obviously, I'm referring to whoever went out of their way to spoiling this season's outcome.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

doguineta

[1062]Aug 7, 2010
    • level: 20
    imverybasic wrote:

Personally, I won't believe it until I actually see it! I mean, think about it: why would they just spoil information like that, anyway? Why would they pit villain against villain or in this case, anti-hero against villain? I'm not calling it an impossibility, but it just seems to obvious and misleading. What about Sierra's attempt in playing Heather and Alejandro? It's all going to backfire just because those very contestants that she's trying to fool will be the final two?

Sierra can't play Heather anymore, at the fake elimination ceremony Heather saw Sierra tried to vote her off, so she knows Sierra can't be trusted by her.

iamtunk

[1063]Aug 7, 2010
    • level: 13
    I don't 100% believe anything until I see it either. But, I think it'd be really awesome if it was. Like lastmarshmallow said it would be pretty unpredictable, definitely more so than Hero v villain. and Heather can take Alejandro down! besides, if the money falls into the volcano, who better to be the winner than Heather or Al? i think it could be something that the producers would do.

now, if the producers or cartoon network or whoever thought it would be cute and funny to let out some false leaks to get everyone all riled up then I will be PISSED! some people, like myself, actually WANT this to happen. way to get our hopes up, jerks! hopefully they have a little more class and respect for their viewers than that. or someone is getting a very angry letter!

that being said, I do think the leaks need to stop. while I'm happy that I have reasonable assurance that Heather makes it far I think this has gotten out of control. it shows a lack of respect to the people who made this show in hopes to make it a surprising season. and lots of people aren't happy about knowing the end when we're only at episode 10 or whatever. at the same time people DO need to be careful when they go on wiki's or message boards that say SPOILER ALERT in the topic if they don't want to be spoiled

brekclub85

[1064]Aug 7, 2010
    • level: 4
    After watching a recently leaked clip entitled "Love Triangle" on youtube, I have a theory on the reason for Tyler's elimination:

When Duncan and Gwen kiss in the confessional (This is clearly the London episode), Tyler leans in (with an admittedly funny expression of shock), then leans out. Though it seems like just a gag, he's the only one who knows they kissed! Tyler could let it slip to Duncan in the Greece episode, and Duncan could try to turn his team against Tyler so he doesn't reveal the truth to the others.

G-Man12

[1065]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 10

I have a similar theory, in my theory Tyler tells the one person other than Duncan who could betray Tyler with that info, Alejandro. Alejandro would want Duncan to remain to keep Gwen and Courtney and thus Team Amazon at each other's throats. He'll tell Sierra who'll blab it to Courtney then watch the fireworks, then he'll talk Owen and Izzy into believing that Tyler needs to go home

pixarprincess

[1066]Aug 8, 2010
    Where is this video?

imverybasic

[1067]Aug 8, 2010

iamtunk wrote:
    I don't 100% believe anything until I see it either. But, I think it'd be really awesome if it was. Like lastmarshmallow said it would be pretty unpredictable, definitely more so than Hero v villain. and Heather can take Alejandro down! besides, if the money falls into the volcano, who better to be the winner than Heather or Al? i think it could be something that the producers would do. now, if the producers or cartoon network or whoever thought it would be cute and funny to let out some false leaks to get everyone all riled up then I will be PISSED! some people, like myself, actually WANT this to happen. way to get our hopes up, jerks! hopefully they have a little more class and respect for their viewers than that. or someone is getting a very angry letter! that being said, I do think the leaks need to stop. while I'm happy that I have reasonable assurance that Heather makes it far I think this has gotten out of control. it shows a lack of respect to the people who made this show in hopes to make it a surprising season. and lots of people aren't happy about knowing the end when we're only at episode 10 or whatever. at the same time people DO need to be careful when they go on wiki's or message boards that say SPOILER ALERT in the topic if they don't want to be spoiled

I suppose that main my concern for this possibility would be based on a character development issue. Heather starts off the first season being the typical villain that everybody either loves or can't stand, she then quickly moves into innocent bystander who barely speaks or contributes for her team in the second season, then again reverts back to her old ways for season three, only this time, she is referred to as the "anti-hero." It's not completely believable. I mean, Heather's a fairly complex character; we know she's shown different sides to her, such as her strengths; what she's capable of and her weaknesses; what slows her down. Although in this instance, I hardly find the development within her convincing. Feels like it was just yesterday when we saw her using Lindsay and Beth and abusing the other contestants, Gwen and Leshawna mainly.

Edited on 08/08/2010 7:51pm

doguineta

[1068]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 20
    Hey guys, the Newfoundland ep has been leaked. There is a new Zeke sihgting in it. Can't give u the link though, but look on thw TDWiki New Kids on the rock talk page ;-)

brekclub85

[1069]Aug 8, 2010
    The "love triangle" video is on youtube.

Anyways, my thoughts on the Newfoundland episode:
    I liked the running gag with the Team Amazon girls trying to take the tape out of the Confessional, and I'm glad that the song featured most of the players singing, I think that's the first time since Before We Die in the Japan episode, since most of the songs after that featured only a small portion of the players sing.

iamtunk

[1070]Aug 8, 2010

lol, Tyler is hilarious in that love triangle clip. he's quickly moving higher on my favorites list.

imverybasic wrote:

iamtunk wrote:
    I don't 100% believe anything until I see it either. But, I think it'd be really awesome if it was. Like lastmarshmallow said it would be pretty unpredictable, definitely more so than Hero v villain. and Heather can take Alejandro down! besides, if the money falls into the volcano, who better to be the winner than Heather or Al? i think it could be something that the producers would do. now, if the producers or cartoon network or whoever thought it would be cute and funny to let out some false leaks to get everyone all riled up then I will be PISSED! some people, like myself, actually WANT this to happen. way to get our hopes up, jerks! hopefully they have a little more class and respect for their viewers than that. or someone is getting a very angry letter! that being said, I do think the leaks need to stop. while I'm happy that I have reasonable assurance that Heather makes it far I think this has gotten out of control. it shows a lack of respect to the people who made this show in hopes to make it a surprising season. and lots of people aren't happy about knowing the end when we're only at episode 10 or whatever. at the same time people DO need to be careful when they go on wiki's or message boards that say SPOILER ALERT in the topic if they don't want to be spoiled

I suppose that main my concern for this possibility would be based on a character development issue. Heather starts off the first season being the typical villain that everybody either loves or can't stand, she then quickly moves into innocent bystander who barely speaks or contributes for her team in the second season, then again reverts back to her old ways for season three, only this time, she is referred to as the "anti-hero." It's not completely believable. I mean, Heather's a fairly complex character; we know she's shown different sides to her, such as her strengths; what she's capable of and her weaknesses; what slows her down. Although in this instance, I hardly find the development within her convincing. Feels like it was just yesterday when we saw her using Lindsay and Beth and abusing the other contestants, Gwen and Leshawna mainly.

well, I can't see Heather just becoming Little Miss Nice Girl at the end. that definitely wouldn't be very believable. I mean, she'll probably always be kinda rude and mean. However, I don't think she's all bad. It's more that I would like to see that she does have a good or softer side, and that the other contestants will see that too. that there's more to her than just what she's let out. See that she's actually a human too and has a heart somewhere inside of her. it's there if you squint.

I don't think she's going to cause Al's downfall by some heroic deed, there are other ways to bring him down. However, she might not be completely in capable of pulling a heroic deed every once in a while. but it might be kinda funny if, after all this time of trying to win her over, it's actually him that falls for her and that somehow leads to his downfall. that, or he just plain and simple loses to her.

Edited on 08/08/2010 9:05pm

brekclub85

[1071]Aug 10, 2010
    Jamaica has been leaked.

brekclub85

[1072]Aug 10, 2010
    And in it, besides DJ, Izzy's been taken out of the game by the military (After she apparently lost her insanity) to work on a time machine!

Could this mean Izzy will make a return before the 3rd Aftermath?

Lionheart08

[1074]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 30

Now that I know about these leaks, I dunno it kinda kills the season for me, especially since the show seems so quick to end storylines abruptly. What's the purpose to teasing Alejandro with Bridget if she's going to eliminated in the same episode? Why devote an entire episode to DJ finally focusing on trying to win (and having both Alejandro and Heather try to form an alliance with him) if he's going home the next episode?

brekclub85

[1075]Aug 10, 2010
    Since Izzy left earlier than we expected, there's still hope for me now that Tyler makes it to Vegas. Since that means including him, Gwen, and Noah, only 3 eliminations will occur between Aftermaths 2 and 3.

imverybasic

[1076]Aug 10, 2010

brekclub85 wrote:
    And in it, besides DJ, Izzy's been taken out of the game by the military (After she apparently lost her insanity) to work on a time machine! Could this mean Izzy will make a return before the 3rd Aftermath?

No, please, no. Not again. This concept of her returning mulitple times is getting old. She's already returned twice in the entire series and so far, it has gotten on my nerves. Trust me, two returns is more than enough, especially for Izzy. If it were to happen again then I would just lose it!

Edited on 08/10/2010 12:55pm

brekclub85

[1077]Aug 10, 2010
    imverybasic wrote:

brekclub85 wrote:
    And in it, besides DJ, Izzy's been taken out of the game by the military (After she apparently lost her insanity) to work on a time machine! Could this mean Izzy will make a return before the 3rd Aftermath?

No, please, no. Not again. This concept of her returning mulitple times is getting old. She's already returned twice in the entire series and so far, it has gotten on my nerves. Trust me, two returns is more than enough, especially for Izzy. If it were to happen again then I would just lose it!

I guess you're right. But I wouldn't be surprised if the time machine she was working on ends up becoming important later on...

iamtunk

[1078]Aug 10, 2010
    imverybasic wrote:
    Now that I know about these leaks, I dunno it kinda kills the season for me, especially since the show seems so quick to end storylines abruptly. What's the purpose to teasing Alejandro with Bridget if she's going to eliminated in the same episode? Why devote an entire episode to DJ finally focusing on trying to win (and having both Alejandro and Heather try to form an alliance with him) if he's going home the next episode?

I think some storylines are built up simply to be the reason someone gets voted off.

imverybasic wrote:

brekclub85 wrote:

THANK YOU! glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

HaydenAvery

[1079]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 21
    Izzy shall return again!

TheToonster

[1080]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 1

I like the leaked episodes Jamacia me sweet is now leaked, I was sad when DJ left, he was a fan favorit for me since season 1. And the TDWT elimination is kinda going like TDA now... I think that will stop in like 5 more episodes, so they could have more people for the merge(I think). I really dont want Izzy to come back, and then get voted off like 5 episodes later. either way I dont want her to come back.

Edited on 08/10/2010 4:49pm