We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 3 Discussion Thread....SPOILERS allowed...

HaydenAvery

[221]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 21
    im not saying i know for sure. but i have a good assumption that izzy may win. no need to insult my predictions for no reason. gosh!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alagaesian

[222]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 12
    *rolls eyes at the Harold impression*

Izzy winning, I can see happening. But, they're going to need to give her a plot first. Izzy has been notioriously plot-free for a vast majority of both seasons. Her role was always comic relief. Look at the final seven of TDA: there were some comic characters in there, but they were all MAJOR plot-drivers. Over the course of the season, as the number of people decreased, the plot-drivers were conserved so the drama could still continue. There were also reward episodes that needed to be filled with juicy plot, so a larger number of plot-drivers was necessary. Considering that TDM also has a reduced number of characters, I'd expect there to be reward episodes too. I don't see any reason why they'd just let Izzy hang on in there without a dramatic purpose, taking up space that a more plotalicious character could be filling.

Yes, I know, Owen was a purely comic-relief character, and he won the first season. That was because the main plot of the season was small enough to consist of only three people. There was breathing room to allow Owen to slip into the final two. But in TDA and TDM, where there are many plotlines going on at once, and more plot initiative is placed on each individual? I think not. They can't let Izzy slip by. Either she gets herself a plotline, or she's going out the window.

Same thing with the rest of the predictions. Bridgette...really, doesn't have much plot power without Geoff. The only reason I can see Cody in the final few is because it is obvious in the trailer that he's picked up a plotline. Noah and Alejandro I can see in the final eight as well because they are so underdeveoped that they are screaming for something exciting to happen to them.

iamtunk

[223]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 13
    maniacbiscuit wrote:
    it just gets annoying after a while with duncan and owen doing the same jokes owen farts and eats and duncan picks on harold and talks to courtney its the same thing with them

*nods*

dannyranger8

[224]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 16

alright, i just got done reviewin the tdm trailer and a few ajor thingz stuck out 2 me:

-There'z a seen with trent, justin, and da sasquatch thing playing music and therez a picture of leshawna in the background

-i kno its bin ointed out, but duncan is only in 2 of the scenes, the begiinning with every1 by the plane, and wen he's draggin gwen and courtney down the pyramid

-ezekiel seems to be on dj's team

-at 1:06, when everyone iz in the plane about 2 fall, harold, ezekiel, and duncan arent't there, but then when they all fall, harold reappearz

-most scenez lindsay and bridgetee and lindsay r in, they're in 2gether, mayb a new friendship?

-may meen nothing, but in one scene, itz just cody, heather, and sierra, no courtney or gwen.

-therez a scene with eva and some random guy, and eva throwz the microphone at him

-they mite go bak 2 camp wawanakwa, 1 of the scenes has a rly similar background

shishkabob999

[225]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 9
    English, motherlover. Do you speak it?

iamtunk

[226]Dec 9, 2009
    dannyranger8 wrote:
    they mite go bak 2 camp wawanakwa, 1 of the scenes has a rly similar background

did it look exactly alike or just similar? the film lot for TDA looked similar to Wawanakwa but it was not Wawanakwa.

And, I'm really not trying to be mean, but I find it amusing that though you misspelled a lot of words you spelled Wawanakwa correctly.

Lionheart08

[227]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 30

Personally, I'm hoping Duncan and Harold get eliminated early since the two characters got the most exposure of all the guys in TDA. Same with Owen, I can accept the fact that he's the writers' pet character, but they can only stretch out his fart jokes for so long.

maniacbiscuit

[228]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 6
    Lionheart08 wrote:

Personally, I'm hoping Duncan and Harold get eliminated early since the two characters got the most exposure of all the guys in TDA. Same with Owen, I can accept the fact that he's the writers' pet character, but they can only stretch out his fart jokes for so long.

yes owens jokes are very repetive

pixarprincess

[230]Dec 10, 2009
    Is it sadistic for me to see at least once, a character getting eliminated, them being PUSHED out of the Drop of shame as opposed to jumping out themselves?

Meeh. What has this show done to me?

babyroo1111

[231]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 11
    Do you guys know when this is supposed to air in the USA?

timgueguen

[232]Dec 10, 2009
    I'd guess it will be May or later.

maniacbiscuit

[233]Dec 11, 2009
    when does it air in n.ireland?

tigerty101

[234]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 15
    I wonder if Lindsay will take some singing lessons during the break between season 2 and 3. I seem to remember her singing at the start of the rock n roll challenge, and giving everyone a splitting headache.

shishkabob999

[235]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 9

http://forums.toonzone.net/showpost.php?p=3485518&postcount=70

Looks like it's not over yet! Beth WAS originally intended to win (shock-er), and Duncan IS going to lose the case in the special. And yes, the person posting is friends with Brian Froud in the website, so it's probably legit.

Edited on 12/11/2009 7:00pm

jfsredhead16

[236]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 4
    So does this mean at some point they are going to air a special in between the 2 seasons?

maniacbiscuit

[237]Dec 12, 2009
    so duncan might not win?

sergkiller

[238]Dec 12, 2009
    maniacbiscuit wrote:
    so duncan might not win?

He already won.... How would this show go back in time and make Duncan not win?

HaydenAvery

[239]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 21
    hooray! duncan loses the money. when does the special air?

snkcole06

[240]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 14
    thats what i like to know and i cant wait til it airs too hope its a hour special, but i hope this coming season a girl wins my moneys on Gwen, Heather or Lindsay