We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Aftermath 4 : The winner is....SPOILERS allowed here.....

maritimer00

[1]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 71

This is a thread for the Aftermath episode airing on Thursday Dec. 10 where a winner is presumably announced for TDA....keep things civil and on-topic here in this thread.

Oh, and one thing:

Groan...just saw a clip from Aftermath 4...looks like Beth and Duncan do a Hole in the Wall challenge...ughh...I REALLY hated that show...

Edited on 12/06/2009 2:35pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HaydenAvery

[2]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 21
    wait what kind of challenge is that? hoping beth wins.

maritimer00

[3]Dec 6, 2009
    Hole in the Wall is where a contestant would adjust his or her body shape so they can squeeze thru a styrofoam wall that has a certain pattern cut in it....the show aired briefly here in North America on Fox and was cancelled after a dozen or so eps.....

timgueguen

[4]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 13
    I thought it aired less than that, but I guess that's because like the rest of the North American TV audience I didn't watch it.

shishkabob999

[5]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 9
    There's one reason why I think that they've already set up for Beth to win regardless of audience vote.

If you've been watching the Marathon today, there's been several types of commercials playing. A couple are recaps of the season, one is to remind you to vote, and two are Beth and Duncan's "reviews", the ones that are on the CN website.

However, a really short one has been playing more frequently than any other; it just has the line "In four days, no more Mr. Nice Girl", along with Beth saying how nice she is. To me, that just screams a potential setup for a huge change in Beth, which can be backed up by Top Dog (did you see the look on her face when she received her Gilded Chris? Pure evil!) as well as her willingness to fight in Mutiny. The Aftermath could be a way to show how far she's come from a pathetic wannabe to someone who actually worked to deserve the money.

iamtunk

[6]Dec 6, 2009
    lol, I liked Hole in the Wall...

...but I only watched it once.

I hope they don't focus too much on Beth and Duncan though. Justin, Lindsay, Courtney, and Harold still need Aftermath coverage.

gideonbernstein

[7]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 45
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    There's one reason why I think that they've already set up for Beth to win regardless of audience vote.

If you've been watching the Marathon today, there's been several types of commercials playing. A couple are recaps of the season, one is to remind you to vote, and two are Beth and Duncan's "reviews", the ones that are on the CN website.

However, a really short one has been playing more frequently than any other; it just has the line "In four days, no more Mr. Nice Girl", along with Beth saying how nice she is. To me, that just screams a potential setup for a huge change in Beth, which can be backed up by Top Dog (did you see the look on her face when she received her Gilded Chris? Pure evil!) as well as her willingness to fight in Mutiny. The Aftermath could be a way to show how far she's come from a pathetic wannabe to someone who actually worked to deserve the money.

I am convinced that Beth will win because they annouced that Duncan will be a contestant on Season 4. Why would he take another crack at the million dollars if he already won it?

stephdumas

[8]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 10

gideonbernstein wrote:
    I am convinced that Beth will win because they annouced that Duncan will be a contestant on Season 4. Why would he take another crack at the million dollars if he already won it?

Maybe Chris might find a way to persuade Duncan, he might not resist to the offer then Chris do like that: "Duncan, you won the million but are you happy with just one million?" Duncan is intrigued and ask what Chris is up to and Chris said: "Here an opportunity to win another million! If you win again, you'll have 2 millions! And Beth here another opportunity to win a million as well as the other contestants!" We might see a "Total Drama Drama Drama Drama Action" and the 2nd million is eated by a shark or a bear. All the contestants who fall in some pool, slime, etc....will participate in TDM but Geoff, Beth, Katie, Sadie, Eva, Trent and Justin who are excluded from TDM just like Courtney, Noah and Cody was excluded from TDA (although as we knew Courtney managed to return in TDA).

pixarprincess

[9]Dec 7, 2009
    stephdumas wrote:

gideonbernstein wrote:

Maybe Chris might find a way to persuade Duncan, he might not resist to the offer then Chris do like that: "Duncan, you won the million but are you happy with just one million?" Duncan is intrigued and ask what Chris is up to and Chris said: "Here an opportunity to win another million! If you win again, you'll have 2 millions! And Beth here another opportunity to win a million as well as the other contestants!" We might see a "Total Drama Drama Drama Drama Action" and the 2nd million is eated by a shark or a bear. All the contestants who fall in some pool, slime, etc....will participate in TDM but Geoff, Beth, Katie, Sadie, Eva, Trent and Justin who are excluded from TDM just like Courtney, Noah and Cody was excluded from TDA (although as we knew Courtney managed to return in TDA).

Ahh, don't you hate it when a guy trys to persuade you to listen to him, SAYING it'll make his life better? It happened in PatF with Dr. Facilier- he made some "deals" with Naveen and his loser valet, and guess who gets turned into a frog?

To get back on subject, I am voting for Beth no matter what. Oh, have you guys seen this video tribute to the losers of TDA? It aired on a comercial yesterday, and its on youtube. Type in TDA in memory of those who have gone too soon"

AcmeAcne

[10]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 2
    How come Martimer00 starts all these threads yet never seems to post anything after?

tigerty101

[11]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 15

Anyone seen the 5 minute preview on cn.com yet? Well, more like 4 minutes because of the opening.

Quick summery:
    Looks like a lot of the episode will be hosted by Geoff and Bridgette, while Chris is trying to get back to the set through horrible traffic after seeing them air embarressing clips of him, when all he and chef wanted was to leave on vacation. Apparently he didn't bother to watch the rest of the finale and assumed they wouldn't tie. Guessing those challenges that Beth and Duncan will have to go through were either planned by Bridgette and Geoff, or Chris will make them do it when he finally arrives.

Edited on 12/07/2009 2:09pm

shishkabob999

[12]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 9

Oh GOD tigerty... I just almost had a heart attack thanks to that. The preview was AWESOME, and completely unexpected since they'd dropped it about seven episodes ago.

This also means, unless the first five minutes of both episodes are the same, the producers already plan a winner and it won't be decided by vote. ALSO, Chris mentioned a third season, which is AWESOME, and then went on to mention Seacrest. Nice!

Edited on 12/07/2009 2:22pm

HaydenAvery

[13]Dec 7, 2009
    poor poor contestants are suckers enough to believe its the last time their seeing each other.

maritimer00

[14]Dec 7, 2009
    It'll be interesting to see if everybody gets a line or two in this ep...everyone is present but chances are we'll only hear from Chris, Chef and about 6 or so of the cast (Geoff, Bridgette, Duncan, Beth, LeShawna and maybe one or two others...). There'll be a season recap, the challenge and then the winner by the looks of things...

iamtunk

[15]Dec 7, 2009
    um, they better feature Lindsay, Justin, Courtney, and Harold in the aftermath or I'll be ticked!!

Angry letter! Angry letter!

HaydenAvery

[16]Dec 7, 2009
    id like to see harold talk. but those 4 will likely get their plots expanded in the one hour special instead along with those who didn't make it to TDA. maybe gwen and trent hook back up. whatever.

imverybasic

[17]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 16
    When Beth and Duncan return from the race, you'll notice that Trent and Gwen are sitting beside each other. By the looks of things, I'd say that they're either getting back together, or deciding to be "just friends."

iamtunk

[18]Dec 7, 2009
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    id like to see harold talk. but those 4 will likely get their plots expanded in the one hour special instead along with those who didn't make it to TDA. maybe gwen and trent hook back up. whatever.

but...but, it's not fair for them to not get interviewed.

HaydenAvery

[19]Dec 8, 2009
    what do they have to talk about?

alagaesian

[20]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 12
    BWAHAHAHA! Chris...singing in the shower. Shocking, mind-scarring and freakin' hilarious all at the same time. It's also interesting that Chris mentioned the third season. By my view of it, it seems like certain things must be done in order to drag some of those contestants into another season. If so, how is this going to work out?

It also appears to me that there is going to be a 'break' between seasons. Chris was about to go on a vacation, and considering that the show is probably somewhere in October, I'm assuming that the next season has to take place somewhere in that universe's next spring or summer.