We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Aftermath 4 : The winner is....SPOILERS allowed here.....

mitsukigirl13

[81]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 18
    The ending was okay. I liked the beginning and the middle with all the clips of Chris. But the 3rd act was just boring. I hated the fact that Duncan and Courtney got back together. God I hate that CIT witch! Get your head out of the clouds Duncan and be with Gwen! (Yes, I'm a DxG fan, but not an obsessive one). Although I was happy when here question was muted The turnout was actually a surprise to me since I figured Beth was going to win. When Duncan did win, my little bro (who was watching it with me) was so happy, he practically made me deaf! Overall, the finale, like the rest of the series, was okay. It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't as good as season 1 either.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lionheart08

[82]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 30

shishkabob999 wrote:

6) That Duncan won BECAUSE people decided on it, not because it would be better for the story

Honestly, Beth winning would've just been a complete rehash of Owen's victory in the first season.

Also i have to ask, is anyone else having trouble viewing the alternate ending on cartoon network? Everytime I try to click it, it shows the "Best of Courtney" video.

LordGrievous

[83]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 13

MabinogiFan wrote:
    I KNEW IT! I'm happy! And alternate ending or not, Duncan is still the winner. Wonder how Hayden is handling this...

Hayden's probably screaming his head off with Beth not winning.

tigerty101

[84]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 15

Excellent ending imo, I even liked the Beth version (not as much, but it wasn't bad, other then Brady disappearing after hugging Beth). But still, incredibly happy Duncan won, that makes one official winner I like, and one winner I didn't. The only part I really hated about the episode was Courtney probably getting back together with Duncan, I was hoping Duncan would stick it to her and she'd be left on the set crying/freaking out.

Oh, and finally Noah gets a line in TDA! Even if it is just 2 words, I was happy to hear him talk once. Kinda confused me why he was so happy for Beth winning in her version though. He was one of the last I was expecting to get up and cheer with her, and he ended up being one of the first 5 to do it, and then trying to help her up after she fell.

Edited on 12/10/2009 7:06pm

UltimatePyro9

[85]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 36
    I kinda wanted Beth to win. Oh, well.

Lionheart08

[86]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 30

Just watched the alternate ending...I actually liked it better than the original. lol

It was more realistic with how Duncan and Courtney got backed together. Although, with the canon ending, I can see how Duncan can "lose" the money just like Owen did. I'm betting, as a twist, Duncan is going to be forced to keep to his word of what he planned to do with his money, essentially donating it all.

facebookfan

[87]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 7
    I agree with a previous reviewer on how Duncan won because people voted on it, not because it would be better for the story. Anyway, I loved the episode. All the characters were funny, and Noah talked (even if it was only two words) for once and Eva was great, too. Also, I liked when Beth's boyfriend was finally brought out and most of the girls though he was hotter than Justin.

Anyway, I wonder how they'll explain Beth not returning in season 3 (maybe goes off with Brady to France or whatnot) and Duncan returning. I mean, I liked Duncan and all but being in every since episode of season 1 and 2 (and winning) and THEN being able to compete again is pushing it... Then again, Duncan will be eliminated early next season.

shishkabob999

[88]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 9
    facebookfan wrote:
    All the characters were funny, and Noah talked (even if it was only two words) for once.

I like how he said two words in passing and we're all flipping out. xD Really proves what a fan favorite he is.

MabinogiFan

[89]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 6
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    facebookfan wrote:
    All the characters were funny, and Noah talked (even if it was only two words) for once.

I like how he said two words in passing and we're all flipping out. xD Really proves what a fan favorite he is.

Despite that we haven't seen a lot of him and he's a background character.

shishkabob999

[90]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 9
    MabinogiFan wrote:
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    facebookfan wrote:

Which is WHY it's so amazing. He's probably got more fans than Geoff, Trent, or Justin, who have been on both seasons... wait, maybe this is why the season 1 losers are coming back. =P

nate4123

[92]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 16
    Congratulations Duncan!

Although I was rooting for Beth, I already knew he would win because of everyone's vote. Duncan was clearly the favorite in this matchup with Beth and he wins in a heartbeat. Although the future of TDM will be strange. Will Duncan dump all the money like Owen and go for a 3rd season? Or will he keep it and let the other campers compete for a million? In this case, we may not be seeing Duncan for a while. And probably Ezekiel is the reason he's on the trailers!

I seriously think Beth should have won it. Looking at what she has done, she NEVER went to the bottom 2 this season like Duncan. Beth is smart, she knows how to get invincibility, and I thought she was an achiever. Well its over now. Again, Congrats Duncan!

Hortz

[93]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 13
    Kind of a letdown, if only because the ending felt rushed and anticlimatic. One thing I wanted to comment, especially because no one else has: Did you notice that Chris and Chef tried to go on vacation before the show's winner was even decided, let alone announced? You can't get more unprofessional than that.

alagaesian

[94]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 12
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    MabinogiFan wrote:
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    facebookfan wrote:

Which is WHY it's so amazing. He's probably got more fans than Geoff, Trent, or Justin, who have been on both seasons... wait, maybe this is why the season 1 losers are coming back. =P

I pretty much knew he was going to talk in this episode because his VA was listed in the credits. Two words is a bit of a letdown, though. But, why did they list Noah's VA but not Cody's, who had about five times as many words in his one line?

Good episode. Although, I think this pretty much guarantees that Duncan is going to be kicked out VERY soon in TDM. He made it to the final four twice, and pretty much all the plot is sucked out of him now. Although, I can tell that his relationship with Courtney - if there even is one, really - isn't going to last that long. It's based off Courtney's greed. If Duncan loses the money, he also loses his girlfriend.

Interesting. They made Beth more antagonistic, Duncan more protagonistic, and Beth still won, in a way. It still technically follows the good-triumphs-over-evil rule.

Is it just me, or does the alternate ending actually contain valuble information? Courtney talks about possibly filing another lawsuit. Does this somehow get Duncan into the next season, and that's why his passport is not shown in the TDM trailer?

maritimer00

[95]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 71
    The VA credits at the end of every episode are the same this season...Noah's VA is listed but Peter Oldring, who voiced 3 characters in season 1, is not.

imverybasic

[96]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 16
    Not a bad ending. I expected a little more from it. The challenges were pointless, the questions were stupid-- the list goes on... But if there's one thing has got me intrigued for TDM was awarding Duncan the million, and thus, this is the reason why I happily put up with the rest of it. It is now confirmed that there will be a third season and we could see someone else win for a change. Just one thing about the finale that really irked me was seeing Duncan and Courtney get back together. I think that based on the way she's treated everyone, Courtney has no rights to the money. She lost, she should accept it and if she really knows what's best for her boyfriend, she should back-off. Sadly, it is unfortunate to say that despite the pain and suffering she's put him through, Duncan will never come to the realization of Courtney taking advantage of him. So, I guess it's only a matter of time until Courtney sees the error of her ways, and improves in her own behaviour. Then maybe her and Duncan could start having a healthier relationship.
    Edited on 12/11/2009 12:05pm

DC-Dude

[97]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 26

As much as I like Duncan, he didn't deserve the million bucks. Beth was the MVP of the competition.

I loved the alternate ending, and I thought Brady's appearance was hilarious!

What I don't get is how the contestants voted. Geoff and Bridgette didn't vote, which leaves the other 13:

Izzy voted for Explosivo

Justin voted for Beth

Courtney's vote was too blury to read

Harold probably voted for Duncan

Trent proably voted for Beth

Lindsay voted for Beth

DJ voted for Beth

Owen: Duncan

Heather: Duncan

So it's weird- Gwen and Leshawna could have voted for either.

Assuming that they both voted Duncan to win, it still doesn't make sense-

DuncanFan1516

[98]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 2
    They barely had any votes, it was weird since it was 8 votes out of the 18 remaining castmates excluding Duncan, Beth, Geoff, and Bridgette...and Izzy voted Explosivo so it was 7 votes instead of all of them...I suppose it would have been too long to count out 17 votes (Explosivo as 18 )...
    Edited on 12/13/2009 9:23am

MabinogiFan

[99]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 6
    Courtney voted for Duncan.