We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Aftermath 4 : The winner is....SPOILERS allowed here.....

shishkabob999

[21]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 9
    Could mean that we have to wait a while for TDM since in-universe, Chris hasn't begun to have any ideas for it, so we'd have to wait while they 'filmed' TDM.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lastmarshmallow

[22]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 4

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/POLLSERVER/results/49258.html

Beth is A

Duncan is B

I think this should pretty much quell all doubts that Duncan will win. Why would CN show us the poll results if they didn't intend to follow them?

HaydenAvery

[23]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 21
    they did the same with owen and gwen. it means nothing. we all know beth is gonna win.

LordGrievous

[24]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 13

HaydenAvery wrote:
    they did the same with owen and gwen. it means nothing. we all know beth is gonna win.

No they didn't I remember a poll asking the viewers "WHO" they think will win TDI but not one like what we have now.

HaydenAvery

[25]Dec 8, 2009
    the poll in canada say think. how do we know CN isn't just saying were allowed to vote to make it a surprise. so when everyone tunes in expecting duncan to win beth will instead.

lastmarshmallow

[26]Dec 8, 2009

HaydenAvery wrote:
    the poll in canada say think. how do we know CN isn't just saying were allowed to vote to make it a surprise. so when everyone tunes in expecting duncan to win beth will instead.

Because CN clearly said that WE would decide the winner. Therefore, they have two options:

A: Follow their poll and make the good majority of their fanbase happy(about 78% to be exact).

or

B: Piss off that same majority by going back on their word(and giving us the evidence that they did so).

alagaesian

[27]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 12
    ^ They won't necessarily make that majority mad; what if the winner of TDA is somehow banned from being in TDM? If I were a rabid Duncan fan, then I would rather see him competing in another season than holding the crown for this one.

So, here's the question: if Duncan's going to win, how are they going to justify it? Duncan's not really a protagonist. Beth is. Or, at least she's the more protagonistic of the two. (Just...don't argue. There are plenty of boards here that have been killed by that ever-waging war.) How can they let "naughty" win over "nice" if it goes against the laws of human storytelling?

Basically, if Duncan's going to win, he has to get on better moral footing than Beth. He could gain a "nicer" role in the current contestant relationships, apologizing to everyone and resolving a couple conflicts (Gwen-Trent, Harold, Courtney?). Also, Beth can fall in moral standing; she can start being mean and nasty. But, since they've spent an entire season building up her innocent, nice-girl character, this potential approach doesn't look too realistic.

Or, they could share/lose the money. That way, no one really "wins", per say, and thus no heroic nature is required of the victor.

timgueguen

[28]Dec 8, 2009
    Its pretty obvious there's an "in universe" time gap between the end of TDA and the beginning of TDM, since in the TDM video promo and promo images Heather's hair has grown back long enough to be tied into a short ponytail.

iamtunk

[29]Dec 8, 2009
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    what do they have to talk about?

All kinds of stuff. The Justin-Lindsay-Beth alliance. Harold's player ways (haha), the Courtney/Duncan relationship, Courtney getting grilled for being obnoxious.

let's face it, a good portion of the drama rested with these 6. and regardless, I simply just want them to get interviewed.

DuncanFan1516

[30]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 2

Got this from clicking a lot on Duncan before the check came up and loaded:

tda_finale

A

23%

B

77%

I assume B is Duncan since he's the guy in the second spot. Think they would make it that easy to get it?

Edited on 12/09/2009 8:04am

Brodoin15

[31]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 20

I think that because it is an actually voting thing to see who the winner will be, that the creators went ahead and made two endings. One for Beth and one for Duncan. And while it may go against what's normal for TV by letting Duncan win, if he gets the most votes and they still let Beth win, that's shows it is obviously fixed.

Edited on 12/09/2009 10:22am

Riankg

[32]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 6
    Well those results havent changed for a good time..

LordGrievous

[33]Dec 9, 2009

Riankg wrote:
    Well those results havent changed for a good time..

They might have stopped showing the current results to keep everyone guessing.

DuncanFan1516

[34]Dec 9, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:

I think that because it is an actually voting thing to see who the winner will be, that the creators went ahead and made two endings. One for Beth and one for Duncan. And while it may go against what's normal for TV by letting Duncan win, if he gets the most votes and they still let Beth win, that's shows it is obviously fixed.

They made both endings last time too, the only difference being that the US didn't vote since we weren't watching it at the time.

Duncan's way too popular, if he loses in the US, I'd be extremely shocked. He's got one of, if not the biggest fan base of all of the characters.

lastmarshmallow

[35]Dec 9, 2009
    DuncanFan1516 wrote:

Got this from clicking a lot on Duncan before the check came up and loaded:

tda_finale

A

23%

B

77%

I assume B is Duncan since he's the guy in the second spot. Think they would make it that easy to get it?

Okay, not that I just posted that or anything but... it looks like its changed slightly. Duncan had 78% of the votes when I checked it.

alagaesian

[36]Dec 9, 2009
    ^ As well as the D-C pairing in general, I think. Looking at fanfiction.net, it looks like about 70% of stories are based on those two. Makes me kind of depressed, actually. I remember when the pairing was exciting, not a series of ever-increasing abuses to Duncan.

But back to the matter at hand. Looking at things, it is OBVIOUS that Beth is a protagonist, and that Duncan can't even come close to her in terms of being the 'hero' of the season. The focus of the season, yes, but he's done so many antagonistic things (break up Gwent, bully the heck out of Harold, following Courtney blindly for a few episodes), I can't believe they'd actually let him get away with all the money, pride, and glory without giving Beth a slice of it too.

So, yeah, I think they'll let Duncan 'officially' win. But, I don't think he's going to keep all the money. Beth has to win in some way too; like I said in a previous post, they've been building up her innocent-nice-girl-with-a-purpose image since the first episode of this season. They can't just let it all die by having her lose and dropping her completely to do season three.

DuncanFan1516

[37]Dec 9, 2009
    They may have him win but end up having to spend the million bucks on something, whether it be to end up bribing the judge at a parole meeting to set him free or something, and then Duncan is stuck having to come back for TDM for another million bucks while Beth keeps the second place prize I assume would be $100,000 or something and she then doesn't want to come back for TDM.

HaydenAvery

[38]Dec 9, 2009
    there is no prize for second.

DuncanFan1516

[39]Dec 9, 2009
    They might add one...I thought Gwen got something...normally Survivor has $100,000 to the second place person so I'd think they would make TDA a little more like Survivor in that aspect...of course they could end up just banning Beth or something...who knows...

alagaesian

[40]Dec 9, 2009
    Gwent didn't get anything but a chance to go to Owen's party with Trent.

Unfortunately, due to Owen's impulsiveness and the cheese-cellar thing, they might not have a party unless Duncan/Beth decides to fork over 10-15% of the cash.