We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Spin-off Ideas (Episodes): Reviews

Goosebumpsfan2

[1121]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 7
    Nautical News: A+

Pretty Good show. Loved the pilot. Too Bad Underwater Survival is gone. At least Now Dan can come back to my show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DC-Dude

[1122]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 26

Goosebumpsfan2 wrote:
    Nautical News: A+ Pretty Good show. Loved the pilot. Too Bad Underwater Survival is gone. At least Now Dan can come back to my show.

I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I do!

4EverGreen

[1123]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 44
    Jsthekid, your episode of "Escape the Iceberg" was GREAT! I'd give it an A+ or a 10 out of 10! Incidentally, how did you like the way I had your character of Blue Arrow perform in Episode 27 of "Total Cartoon Island?" If you were to rate and review it, that would really help me out. That way, I can focus on writing the intro for the next season of "Total Cartoon Island," which will be called "Total Cartoon Action!" Please and thank you! Enough said!

jjsthekid

[1124]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 21

Thanks 4EverGreen. Now, i will review your episode :

Double Dare Review: A++

Wow! I enjoyed this alot, no lie. I liked how you included Blue Arrow and you got every detail of him right! I was surprised Stimpy won the First season, and i can't wait to see what you have in store for us in Total Cartoon Action.

The_Cartoon

[1125]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 20
    Escape The Iceberg - A+

Every single episode that you've written has improved so much since Terminoob's review. It was great idea for a plot with excellent detail, nice job!

Double Dare - A+++

The episode that continued for like 6 parts right? That is by far the longest episode of a Spin-Off anyone has ever seen and I admire your patience and work ethic to get through every episode without stopping. It is true that having something so long, not a lot of people will read it, but write for yourself, not just for everyone else. I can't wait for Total Cartoon Action!

Nautical News - B+

It was well-written, as all of your Spin-Offs are. But contest episodes don't give a lot of character development, I would have waited a little bit longer to post this episode and get the series a little bit more established. I did love the little twist at the end where Spongebob and Patrick decided to give the job to the Coralwood Chronicle, but I'm beginning to think that you may be trying a little bit too hard to think of a new Spin-Off. I went through the same thing. But this one definetily has a lot of potential and I say keep up the good work!

The_Cartoon

[1126]Oct 24, 2009
    Outspoken - A+

Loved this one, it had classic DC-Dude written all over it. I'm glad that we got a chance to learn more about the new characters. I also really liked the sub-plot with Patrick. Great job!

The_Cartoon

[1127]Nov 4, 2009
    12 Tickets To Ride - A

First of all, I'm not sure if the Beatles pun was intended or not. Either way, I love it. Total Cartoon Action sounds awesome, I like your choices for who will be coming back, and I really will try to follow it this time around and read every bit because I'm getting pretty interested. My only critizism is the character choice. I love almost of all them, especially Gerald. I hope he goes far. But as great of a character as the Blue Arrow is, I wouldn't have put him in. I'd prefer that you stay true to all Nicktoons. The other character is Craig Mammalton. I do realize that this is the Spongebob forum, but you may have added a little too many Spongebob characters and he seems like a pretty random one to add. I'd like to see some characters from shows that you haven't used yet. Nonetheless, I am really excited for TCA!

4EverGreen

[1128]Nov 4, 2009
    • level: 44
    The_Cartoon wrote:
    12 Tickets To Ride - A First of all, I'm not sure if the Beatles pun was intended or not. Either way, I love it. Total Cartoon Action sounds awesome, I like your choices for who will be coming back, and I really will try to follow it this time around and read every bit because I'm getting pretty interested. My only critizism is the character choice. I love almost of all them, especially Gerald. I hope he goes far. But as great of a character as the Blue Arrow is, I wouldn't have put him in. I'd prefer that you stay true to all Nicktoons. The other character is Craig Mammalton. I do realize that this is the Spongebob forum, but you may have added a little too many Spongebob characters and he seems like a pretty random one to add. I'd like to see some characters from shows that you haven't used yet. Nonetheless, I am really excited for TCA!
    First of all, the Beatles reference was a completely unintentional, but happy little accident that I like. so I'll keep it. Also, the reason I have Blue Arrow in the game is because JStheKid was the only person to write a review for the episode in which I promised a character an appearance in the show. But you never know as far as Blue Arrow is concerned. As for Craig Mammalton, he's a "Spongebob Squarepants" character who needs more love, which is why I'm going to flesh out his character a little bit more. Thank you for the honest review! Enough said!

DC-Dude

[1129]Nov 11, 2009

From now on, DC-Dude isn't your average "OH, I LIKED IT! A+!" reviewer. I've gotten a little more mature with my reviews, and you should know something about my reviews- If you get a D-, it means that your movie wasn't BAD, it meant very few parts were good. A is considered amazing, B is considered pretty good, C is ok, D is umm, it's sorta good in that one part, and F is terrible.

Diary Of A Diary Obsessive: A-

Ok, I know I said I wouldn't be "OH, I LIKED IT! A+!", but this one actually was very good- I'm a big fan of Star City- one of the only shows in which there are no complex plots or game show type things.

Deck The Halls: B+

I like where you're going with your show- I really do enjoy it- but I'm wondering- will they all be spoofing the title of Christmas movies? If so, I have many requests (COUGHNightmare Before ChristmasCOUGH) Why I gave it a B+? I dunno- I didn't really feel the holiday spirit in this as much as the other ones... or maybe I'm just off today. (Probably the 2nd one)

Total Cartoon Action: B

I gotta say- I love a show which gives me a feeling of "TDA." You're an EXTREMELY talented writer, don't get me wrong, but I want to see more of YOUR ideas for movie-themed episodes. I know you haven't finished the first episode yet, but I'd like to see how you would write a monster movie. Otherwise, I love the chemistry going on between your characters so far!

The_Cartoon

[1130]Nov 11, 2009
    DC-Dude wrote:

From now on, DC-Dude isn't your average "OH, I LIKED IT! A+!" reviewer. I've gotten a little more mature with my reviews, and you should know something about my reviews- If you get a D-, it means that your movie wasn't BAD, it meant very few parts were good. A is considered amazing, B is considered pretty good, C is ok, D is umm, it's sorta good in that one part, and F is terrible.

Diary Of A Diary Obsessive: A-

Ok, I know I said I wouldn't be "OH, I LIKED IT! A+!", but this one actually was very good- I'm a big fan of Star City- one of the only shows in which there are no complex plots or game show type things.

Deck The Halls: B+

I like where you're going with your show- I really do enjoy it- but I'm wondering- will they all be spoofing the title of Christmas movies? If so, I have many requests (COUGHNightmare Before ChristmasCOUGH) Why I gave it a B+? I dunno- I didn't really feel the holiday spirit in this as much as the other ones... or maybe I'm just off today. (Probably the 2nd one)

Total Cartoon Action: B

I gotta say- I love a show which gives me a feeling of "TDA." You're an EXTREMELY talented writer, don't get me wrong, but I want to see more of YOUR ideas for movie-themed episodes. I know you haven't finished the first episode yet, but I'd like to see how you would write a monster movie. Otherwise, I love the chemistry going on between your characters so far!

Yep, they will all be spoofed on movies or maybe a story in a couple cases. And I'd love to hear some requests! I imagine that I'll run out of movies to spoof eventually.

jjsthekid

[1131]Nov 15, 2009

Review Catch up.

WARNING : Like i said before, i won't really sugarcoat reviews anymore and give everything an A+. So, you have been warned and i'm just trying to help.

Nautical News ( So Far) Review: B-

The show is good DC-Dude, but to be honest, i think it has been dull so far. But i know you can make it better like you have done with your past shows.

Total Cartoon Action ( So Far) Review: B+

Well for starters, while i am happy you used Blue Arrow, it has been kind of dull a little bit. But that doesn't mean the show has been bad! I know it has only been like the first episode so far lol. But i know you can make it better, like with Nautical News and i can't wait to see more!

Survivor : Holiday Hills ( So Far) Review: A

It has been good The_Cartoon, but it could be better. Oh well, i do enjoy Total Drama Island and survivor themed shows so hopefully you can make it great!

I write Thrills Not Tradgedies Review: A-

This was good JellyfishJammer, even though it's a little late for a Halloween themed episode lol. But anyways, i enjoyed the PG-13 Dark twist and the ending.

DC-Dude

[1132]Nov 16, 2009
    jjsthekid wrote:

Nautical News ( So Far) Review: B-

The show is good DC-Dude, but to be honest, i think it has been dull so far. But i know you can make it better like you have done with your past shows.

I don't mind, but I would prefer if you reviewed seperate episodes rather than the series at whole.

sergkiller

[1133]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 6
    Mermaidman Vs. Freeze (Parts 1 and 2): A

I'm not much of a reviewer, so I don't really know what to tell you other than you're doing a great job with this season finale, and I can't wait till you put up Part 3!

jjsthekid

[1134]Dec 6, 2009

sergkiller wrote:
    Mermaidman Vs. Freeze (Parts 1 and 2): A I'm not much of a reviewer, so I don't really know what to tell you other than you're doing a great job with this season finale, and I can't wait till you put up Part 3!

Thanks. I kind of needed that review, because i wanted to see if i was doing good or not in my recent episodes. And don't worry, part 3 will be up this week!

Spongecraft's Newest Episodes Review : A

If terminoob is reading this, i just read them over and these were great episodes indeed! I know i said i wouldn't be giving an A to everything anymore, but these pack of episodes were just so great. The Reaper is starting to be an interesting villian and speaking of villians, i hope we see the Axe Powers again soon, along with the orcs. Also, i am sensing a great storyline for this season that will lead to a great season finale. Can't wait to see what you have in store!

jjsthekid

[1135]Jan 12, 2010

Wow, this thread was almost dead!

Review Catch-Up :

The life of a fish( So far) : B

Well to start, welcome to the spin-offs webizoid. Though, your show needs some improvements but it looks like a neat idea. I hope you have some good ideas planned!

Merry squishmas Review: B+

Well, your show has been improving lately i will tell you that. This was a nice christmas episode ( Even though it's a little late lol) and was good, but you could have made it a bit longer because it did feel like a normal christmas themed episode.

It's A Dog-eat-dog office review: B-

To start, that was a long and funny name. Your show has been getting better DC-Dude and this was an ok episode. Like the above show, you have been improving lately so i can't wait to see what you have in store.

webizoid345

[1136]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 16
    jjsthekid wrote:

The life of a fish( So far) : B

Well to start, welcome to the spin-offs webizoid. Though, your show needs some improvements but it looks like a neat idea. I hope you have some good ideas planned!

What can I do to improve? Critique me, I don't care, I just want a good spinoff everyone will enjoy.

webizoid345

[1137]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 16

Dan's very own episode: A. I liked the episode, even though it was short. But yeah, the whole detail of the scavenger hunt wasn't necessairy

Patty Hype (crossover with para-Sponge): A++++. This was clever and I loved the overall episode and how it connected to Patty Hype. It deserves a million pluses!!!!

gamer1234567891

[1138]Jan 30, 2010
    • level: 4

Fred Who?: I give a B+. While i liked the plot and the ending ,there really wasn't much of a point to it. Still good though.

Pre School Daze:A- Now this was much better. I loved the plot and the plot twist was complete genuis. Can't wait to see how this turns out,

DC-Dude

[1140]Feb 18, 2010

Sorry for going off-topic, but it seems as if nobody wants to review episodes any more.

Mermaid Man: The Brave & The Bold: A

4th Season already! Wow! I remember when it first started... Anyway, I'm loving the show, loving the characters, everything's great. Keep it up!