We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

So, It Starts with this: we all love spongebob, but the old ones are overrated.

fweepers

[1]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 4

Let's Start out by doing what i was supposed to do a long long long long long long long long time ago.

GOOD OLD EPISODES:

Pickles

Sandy's Rocket

Squeaky Boots. & Almost Evry Episode in Late 2000 2001, 2002, 2003, & 2004.

BAD NEW EPISODES:

Almost Every Episode in 2004, 2005, 2006, & 2007. & Spongicus from a 2008 episode.

Grades Anyone?

Season 1: 5/10 C-

Season 2: 5.1/10 C-

Season 3: 5.2/10 C-

Season 4: 7.7/10 A-

Season 5: 8.6/10 A+

Season 6: 8.8/10 A+

Season 7: 8.8/10 A+

Season 8: So Far 10/10 A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

YEAR GRADES:

1999=4.6/10 D+

2000=5.2/10 C-

2001=5.5/10 C-

2002=6.2/10 C-

2003=6.5/10 C-

2004=6.6/10 B-

2005=7/10 A-

2006=7.7/10 A-

2007=7.7/10 A-

2008=9.6/10 A++++++++

2009, 2010, & 2011=A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay Now The "How Old It Is Grades:

0, 1, & 2: 3, 4, 5, & 6: 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10:11 & 12:

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Psyduck057

[2]Jun 24, 2011
    • level: 3

I couldn't agree more..... because I completely don't. I'm sorry to say this, but you really have bad taste in humor. What are you a child? Oh, wait.... you can't be because no one over the age of ten would actually rate 2008 A+++++. Ludricous!!! If that's even an actual word. Seriously, bad taste in humor. It's like picking Fanboy and Chum Chum over The Fairly OddParents.

Season 1: A

Season 2: A+

Season 3: A+

Season 4: B+

Season 5: C+

Season 6: D-

Season 7: C+

fweepers

[3]Jun 24, 2011

Psyduck057 wrote:

I couldn't agree more..... because I completely don't. I'm sorry to say this, but you really have bad taste in humor. What are you a child? Oh, wait.... you can't be because no one over the age of ten would actually rate 2008 A+++++. Ludricous!!! If that's even an actual word. Seriously, bad taste in humor. It's like picking Fanboy and Chum Chum over The Fairly OddParents.

Season 1: A

Season 3: A+

Season 4: B+

Season 6: D-

Season 7: C+

I'M NOT A LOSER! & IT GOT VERY WELL EVER SINCE THE MID-SEASON 6!

fweepers

[4]Jun 24, 2011

Actually, No Offence Fans, But Season 1 Almost Ruined The Show. But Season 4, Saved The Show From The First Seasons.

Psyduck057

[5]Jun 25, 2011

When did I use the word "loser" on you? Pathetic.

And BTW, season 1 was awesome. Season 6 was stupid. I guess some people like childish humor and stupidly unrealistic plots. And I am NOT calling you stupid. You just have bad taste. It's like when someone says that Fanboy and Chum Chum is "the best thing in the world."

Tell me one GREAT episode in season 6. Come on. Tell me. Just ONE episode from season 6 that's actually HILARIOUS and not corny. If you say "The Slumber Party," don't bother because there was only ONE funny scene that still won't save it from being a bad episode. And tell me ONE from season 7 too. And please don't pick a boring episode.

ZionnThibodea

[6]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 2

How can you hate season 1?! That was when the show was still using traditional cel animation. The colors weren't too bright and there was actually some good jokes, unlike most of there newer seasons. It's what started Spongebob Squarepants in the first place! You should show a little respect...

If you ask me, the Seasons go like this:

Season 1: A+

Season 3: A

Season 4: B-

Season 6: F+

Season 7: D+

Season 8: C+ (From what I've see of it so far.)

money3003

[7]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 6

To be honest, I actually used to think that Season 4 was the best. But after rewatching them, I realized that the only reason I thought that was because I watched the older ones too many times and I was bored of it. Another reason was because of Krusty Towers. So after rewatching it, I realized it wasn't as good as I thought it was.

For Season 5, I really thought it was ridiculous, especially towards the last few episodes. It was really childish. I mean "Wat Zit Too Ya?" What the heck was that? Whenever it tried to be funny, it USUALLY ended up corny. I thought it was the worst season...... until I saw Season 6.

Season 6 was the absolute worst. It was the most childish, most ridiculous, most disgusting, and most annoying season ever. And it had some boring episodes too.

For Season 7, I'm sorry to say this despite the protests of other fans who thought it was great, was actually boring for me. But at least it was better than Season 6.

Season 8 is still a bit boring, but it's a little better than Season 7.

My order without Season 8 goes like this:

Season 3 and 2 (I can't decide)

Season 1

Season 4

Season 5

Season 7

Season 6

money3003

[8]Jun 26, 2011

ZionnThibodea wrote:

How can you hate season 1?! That was when the show was still using traditional cel animation. The colors weren't too bright and there was actually some good jokes, unlike most of there newer seasons. It's what started Spongebob Squarepants in the first place! You should show a little respect...

If you ask me, the Seasons go like this:

Season 1: A+

Season 3: A

Season 4: B-

Season 6: F+

Season 7: D+

Season 8: C+ (From what I've see of it so far.)

Finally, I've found someone who also thinks Season 4 was the best post-Hillenburg season. I really think it's severly underrated. I admit it's no where near as good as the original three, but it's better than it's following seasons.

Third-Kind

[9]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 13
    Oh look, another Nostalgia thread attracting drama!

Personally, I still think Seasons 2 and 3 were the best. They're overrated for a reason, y'know. I also agree with the people who thought Season 6 was utterly stupid.

fweepers

[10]Jun 26, 2011

Season 7 (the end) & season 8, & maybe from now on will be the best seasons!

Season 1 ( & the second half of season 2, & the entire season 3 are the worst ones. the movie is when new spongebob began, & from now on it will be exellent!)

money3003

[11]Jun 27, 2011

fweepers wrote:

Season 1 ( & the second half of season 2, & the entire season 3 are the worst ones. the movie is when new spongebob began, & from now on it will be exellent!)

Please tell me you're joking. After the season 4, they started to get really corny. The original 3 were really witty and clever. How can you say they're horrible? I also have to admit that I think you have bad taste in humor.

Psyduck057

[12]Jun 27, 2011

fweepers wrote:

What dude? Still no answer to my previous request? And give me an actually funny joke on season 7. Something that's "laugh out loud" and not just giggle.

spongebobfan200

[13]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 30

@fweepers I don't get it. What's your opinion on the seasons? Do you hate the old ones because they're old, and you like the new ones because they're new? Or something else?

I'm still sick of threads that involve the 8 seasons, can we talk about rollerblading for once?

Edited on 06/27/2011 8:17am

tigerdude22

[14]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 43
    Gosh, you people are being harsh to fweepers by telling him that he has bad taste... it's okay if you think that way about that but don't tell that people "you have bad taste". I personally think all of the seasons are good even though I love the animation in the newer ones. The weakest season 6 though. It wasn't totally horrible in my opinion but it was pretty lame in some of the episodes and they were weak. Again, don't be harsh to fweepers... everyone has their own opinions and you should respect it whether you agree or not so don't give fweepers a hard time just because he thinks the first three seasons weren't that good, that's his opinion but you don't have to be mean to him about it.

fweepers

[15]Jun 27, 2011

tigerdude22 wrote:
    Gosh, you people are being harsh to fweepers by telling him that he has bad taste... it's okay if you think that way about that but don't tell that people "you have bad taste". I personally think all of the seasons are good even though I love the animation in the newer ones. The weakest season 6 though. It wasn't totally horrible in my opinion but it was pretty lame in some of the episodes and they were weak. Again, don't be harsh to fweepers... everyone has their own opinions and you should respect it whether you agree or not so don't give fweepers a hard time just because he thinks the first three seasons weren't that good, that's his opinion but you don't have to be mean to him about it.

That is true. they are being rude to me.

tigerdude22

[16]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 43
    @fweepers: Don't let them be rude to you, you have your own opinions and I respect your opinions so unlike the other users that have been being mean to you, I respect your opinion and you go with your think is good and bad. I'm sorry that the other users are being mean to you fweepers.

edmasterchaos

[17]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 41

fweepers wrote:

Actually, No Offence Fans, But Season 1 Almost Ruined The Show. But Season 4, Saved The Show From The First Seasons.

Wat. That. Makes. So. Little. Sense.

The first season was first and was the reason the show was picked up for more seasons. Before it was a phenomenon.

fweepers

[18]Jun 27, 2011

edmasterchaos wrote:

fweepers wrote:

The first season was first and was the reason the show was picked up for more seasons. Before it was a phenomenon.

That does make sense. & i don't have no-sense to slow me down.

spongebobfan200

[19]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 30
    fweepers wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

fweepers wrote:

....No offense, but can you repeat that, but in a clearer way?

fweepers

[20]Jun 27, 2011

spongebobfan200 wrote:
    fweepers wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

fweepers wrote:

....No offense, but can you repeat that, but in a clearer way?

I DON'T HAVE ANY SENSE TO SLOW ME DOWN.