We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Who deserves Freddie more Carly or Sam?

Who deserves him more?

hardcorefakes

[1]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 7

Im tired of people asking me like im some kind of shipping-gossiping-wizard

carly's side:

good points- people say that carly's chemistry is better than sam's. they also say freddie is the right person for carly because there two and two. they also say that since carly is perfect-like she deserves freddie more because she doesnt bully freddie.

bad points- she always gets what she wants. she also throws tantrums. she could also get any guy she wants.

sam's side:

good points- need I say more? the majority of people favor seddie. many people think their chemisty is good. plus they look good together-like oppisites attrack(though i dont see how magnets have anything to do with this) people also say that sam needs somebody who can comfort her- and thats freddie.

bad points- yeah.... I can list a billion times more on this one than the carly one. but i'll list the primary factors. this could be an abusive realationship. second people say that she doesnt deserve freddie because of the abuse she gives him.and we seddiers always over look this but.... Sam always gets what she wants, in a bullying sort-of-way. think about it. she needs to mature and stop thinking that shes the queen of the world(thats carly's job to be a know-it-all) would you want to date somebody who makes your life miserable by giving you emotional and physicall abuse

share your ideas with me and dont forget to vote!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hardcorefakes

[2]Apr 11, 2010

however I voted for sam.(yeah ya know she isnt the devil)

schillingklaus

[3]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 12

attrzcting opposites are utterly foul and deprecable, andneed to be abhorred and hated rigorously at any cost.

Fredward/Samantha are no opposites, as both of them fail to believe in Consuela's evil revenge.

frontman19

[4]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 14

I voted for Sam, pretty much for the reason that Carly rejected Freddie's advances for nearly 3 years, there's no way she deserves him after all that time. Sam, on the other hand always seems to get screwed over by people because of her abusive nature, I mean there's Jonah, we have no idea what happened with Pete because they kind of dropped it after an episode but we can assume it ended rather quickly, heck even Gibby rejected her (of course he has a girlfriend but still), plus Freddie actually puts up with all her abuse and that's got to count for something.

Edit: Haha Consuela's revenge! That's a great reference!

Edited on 04/11/2010 7:28pm

Girlygirl24

[5]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 28
    Carly *hides* but whoever he ends up with well be fine and if he ends up with Sam then i wouldnt mind

ScreamingWithin

[6]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 2

hardcorefakes wrote:

carly's side:

good points- people say that carly's chemistry is better than sam's. they also say freddie is the right person for carly because there two and two. they also say that since carly is perfect-like she deserves freddie more because she doesnt bully freddie.

bad points- she always gets what she wants. she also throws tantrums. she could also get any guy she wants.

sam's side:

good points- need I say more? the majority of people favor seddie. many people think their chemisty is good. plus they look good together-like oppisites attrack(though i dont see how magnets have anything to do with this) people also say that sam needs somebody who can comfort her- and thats freddie.

bad points- yeah.... I can list a billion times more on this one than the carly one. but i'll list the primary factors. this could be an abusive realationship. second people say that she doesnt deserve freddie because of the abuse she gives him.and we seddiers always over look this but.... Sam always gets what she wants, in a bullying sort-of-way. think about it. she needs to mature and stop thinking that shes the queen of the world(thats carly's job to be a know-it-all) would you want to date somebody who makes your life miserable by giving you emotional and physicall abuse

First of all, Carly can't get any guy she wants. She didn't get Jake, she didn't get Nate (the guy in iSpeed Date). If she could get any guy she wants, then why doesn't she have a boyfriend? She wants one really bad, yet she doesn't have one.

Second, Sam doesn't deserve anyone who she physically and mentally abuses. One of my siblings is in that kind of relationship, and it's sad. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Whenever Sam has had a love interest in the show, she's always gotten to the dating stage.

I think the only reason Freddie puts up with Sam (when she's being mean to him)is because he likes being around Carly. If you notice sometimes when Sam insults Freddie, he'll look at Carly and say, "Carly..." and Carly will then ask Sam to stop, because he knows Sam respects Carly and will listen to her. I think in order for Freddie to get Sam's respect, he's going to have to "stick up" to her, not "put up" with her.

I know Carly rejected Freddie for 3 seasons, but its very rare for 2 people to meet and instantly have feelings for each other. It's not unbelievable for best friends to develop feelings for each other over time. If Freddie had a problem with Carly finally realzing she liked him, he would have said something about it. But since he still loves her and is ok with it, then its not a problem.

The whole "majority favors it" shouldn't make a point to whether they deserve each other or not. I'm not entirely convinced the majority favors Sam/Freddie anyways.

schillingklaus

[7]Apr 12, 2010

the poll also discriminates against Freddie/Melanie, Freddie/Wendy, Freddie/Shelby etc. shippers.

hardcorefakes

[8]Apr 12, 2010
    schillingklaus wrote:

the poll also discriminates against Freddie/Melanie, Freddie/Wendy, Freddie/Shelby etc. shippers.

well your the only one who made reference to those ships so I wouldnt be talking.

hardcorefakes

[9]Apr 12, 2010
    ScreamingWithin wrote:

hardcorefakes wrote:

carly's side:

sam's side:

First of all, Carly can't get any guy she wants. She didn't get Jake, she didn't get Nate (the guy in iSpeed Date). If she could get any guy she wants, then why doesn't she have a boyfriend? She wants one really bad, yet she doesn't have one.

Second, Sam doesn't deserve anyone who she physically and mentally abuses. One of my siblings is in that kind of relationship, and it's sad. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Whenever Sam has had a love interest in the show, she's always gotten to the dating stage.

I think the only reason Freddie puts up with Sam (when she's being mean to him)is because he likes being around Carly. If you notice sometimes when Sam insults Freddie, he'll look at Carly and say, "Carly..." and Carly will then ask Sam to stop, because he knows Sam respects Carly and will listen to her. I think in order for Freddie to get Sam's respect, he's going to have to "stick up" to her, not "put up" with her.

I know Carly rejected Freddie for 3 seasons, but its very rare for 2 people to meet and instantly have feelings for each other. It's not unbelievable for best friends to develop feelings for each other over time. If Freddie had a problem with Carly finally realzing she liked him, he would have said something about it. But since he still loves her and is ok with it, then its not a problem.

The whole "majority favors it" shouldn't make a point to whether they deserve each other or not. I'm not entirely convinced the majority favors Sam/Freddie anyways.

lol are you listening to yourself? did you not see all those guys who came to carly in ISD?

did you read any of my posts? I said sam needs someone who can COMFORT HER. do you know the definition of comfort? and even the bra made a reference that peopple think sam and freddie should go out. how do you know he still loves her. well he doesnt. thats why they broke up.

you must be a creddier who hate the fact that there are good points the seddie realtionship and you hate the fact that there are bad things to the creddie realtionship.

hardcorefakes

[10]Apr 12, 2010
    schillingklaus wrote:

attrzcting opposites are utterly foul and deprecable, andneed to be abhorred and hated rigorously at any cost.

Fredward/Samantha are no opposites, as both of them fail to believe in Consuela's evil revenge.

consuela's revenge is withch-craft talk that only the weak minded fall victim to. (ex.carly)

Jakeo_89

[11]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 5

I think what Freddie deserves is a happy, fulfilling, and rewarding relationship. Whoever can give that to him, be it Carly or Sam, I see no problem with either Carly would need to lose some of her shallow attitudes to males, and Sam would need to tone down the abuse, which I think she has done a great deal of already. Either way, the characters need to grow and mature, and being in a romatic relationship will change the dynamics of their personal relationship somewhat anyway, so either girl is ok as far as I see it, as long as the relationship works, it is not "this girl over that girl", or deserving one over another.

Like I said, happy, fulfilling and rewarding, be it Carly or Sam, if they are serious and they want to, they can deliver

ScreamingWithin

[12]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 2

hardcorefakes wrote:
    ScreamingWithin wrote:

hardcorefakes wrote:

lol are you listening to yourself? did you not see all those guys who came to carly in ISD? did you read any of my posts? I said sam needs someone who can COMFORT HER. do you know the definition of comfort? and even the bra made a reference that peopple think sam and freddie should go out. how do you know he still loves her. well he doesnt. thats why they broke up. you must be a creddier who hate the fact that there are good points the seddie realtionship and you hate the fact that there are bad things to the creddie realtionship.

I never said Carly can't get guys. You were the one that said Carly can get ANY guy she wants, which is what I was disagreeing with and I gave my examples for that. Besides, that speed dating thing was Sams's idea, Carly didnt want any of those guys. If they had asked guys to show up for Sam, I'm sure guys would have showed up for her too. They are web stars for crying out loud, of course people are going to want to go to a dance with them.

Yes, I did read your posts, and I didn't argue your point about Sam needing someone to comfort her. So I don't know why you are bringing that up? What are you talking about with the bra? What episode was that from?

You truly think Freddie broke up with Carly because he doesn't love her anymore? Then why would he ask for that last kiss, and say it's their last one for a while meaning he wants to kiss her again in the future. The reason he broke up with her was because he wasn't sure if Carly's feelings were real, and didn't want to take advantage of her if they weren't. Him being able to put aside his feelings for her when he had the chance to date her is a huge statement on his feelings. He wants her feelings to be real, which is why he suggested they wait, and if Carly still wanted to be his girlfriend, he'd be really psyched.

I don't hate the fact that there are bad points to Carly/Freddie. All relationships have their ups and downs. I think Sam is awesome and she's mysecond favorite character (Spencer's my fav)but she has no excuse to treat Freddie like she does. If she likes Freddie (Which I have yet to see proof of) then she needs to grow up, tell him, and stop treating him like a punching bag with no feelings. I would be totally okay with Sam and Freddie getting together, but I need to see definite proof on screen that they like eachother. Also, Sam has to stop with the abuse, cause that is not cool.

frontman19

[13]Apr 12, 2010

...But without abuse Sam wouldn't be Sam, she abuses everybody, not just Freddie, that's her personality. However her abuse has definitely cooled down during season 3, the only time she seriously constantly abused Freddie was in iSpace Out, where everyone was out of character anyway. Also, whenever Sam has been in a relationship in the show did she ever abuse her boyfriend? No, by that logic, if Sam and Freddie were to date I highly doubt that Sam would abuse Freddie in the relationship, what message would Dan send if he allowed that to sneak into the show?

Edited on 04/12/2010 2:53pm

taillow22

[14]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 11

Schilling is just magnetically attracted to threads like these...

schillingklaus

[15]Apr 12, 2010

Carly is nowhere near weak-minded, as opposed to hylics like Fredward Benson and Samantha Puckett who aren't able to understand witchcraft.

Carly thus deserves something better, such as Gibby.

arnoldmcguire

[16]Apr 13, 2010
    Jakeo_89 wrote:

I think what Freddie deserves is a happy, fulfilling, and rewarding relationship. Whoever can give that to him, be it Carly or Sam, I see no problem with either Carly would need to lose some of her shallow attitudes to males, and Sam would need to tone down the abuse, which I think she has done a great deal of already. Either way, the characters need to grow and mature, and being in a romatic relationship will change the dynamics of their personal relationship somewhat anyway, so either girl is ok as far as I see it, as long as the relationship works, it is not "this girl over that girl", or deserving one over another.

Like I said, happy, fulfilling and rewarding, be it Carly or Sam, if they are serious and they want to, they can deliver

I agree 100% on your comment. I myself am a Creddie fan and I like Sam too (not just look-wise but ah never mind), but then again, only the producer of the show (Dan himself) will tell in the end who's ending up with or not.

so it's Carly for me *runs away in fear of being killed by Seddie shippers* because She was there for Freddie in many ways. and that started when their friendship was established since day 1.

frontman19

[17]Apr 13, 2010

arnoldmcguire wrote:
    Jakeo_89 wrote:

I agree 100% on your comment. I myself am a Creddie fan and I like Sam too (not just look-wise but ah never mind), but then again, only the producer of the show (Dan himself) will tell in the end who's ending up with or not. so it's Carly for me *runs away in fear of being killed by Seddie shippers* because She was there for Freddie in many ways. and that started when their friendship was established since day 1.

Haha no need to run away and hide, I support Sam/Freddie but I have no issues with Carly and Freddie getting together, it's perfect for Freddie, I mean Carly clearly cares about him and will support him, to me it's just too perfect though...

saylavee

[18]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 18
    arnoldmcguire wrote:
    Jakeo_89 wrote:

I agree 100% on your comment. I myself am a Creddie fan and I like Sam too (not just look-wise but ah never mind), but then again, only the producer of the show (Dan himself) will tell in the end who's ending up with or not.

so it's Carly for me *runs away in fear of being killed by Seddie shippers* because She was there for Freddie in many ways. and that started when their friendship was established since day 1.

dude we arent really bad or obsessive like that *jokingly takes out ninja sword*, we just have our crazies in the fandom like you have yours, no need to run

hardcorefakes

[19]Apr 13, 2010
    schillingklaus wrote:

Carly is nowhere near weak-minded, as opposed to hylics like Fredward Benson and Samantha Puckett who aren't able to understand witchcraft.

Carly thus deserves something better, such as Gibby.

im not just talking about carly. im talking about *YOU*

schillingklaus

[20]Apr 14, 2010

All those who fail to believe in witchcraft are weak-minded materialists, not worthy of Carly Shay, only of other dummies like Samantha Puckett