We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 2 never split

pscf3

[41]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 16
    The only reason I say keep it split is because it's always been that way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[42]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 21
    Ahh fair enough. Did they actually split the 2nd Season of True Jackson VP or? It went for 34 episodes. Itunes has it as Season 2 and Season 3 I just found out.

Huntley

[43]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 4

pscf3 wrote:
    That and the fact that I'm convinced such a situation took place otherwise something would have been said by now likely by Dan since he's associated with the network.

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Ahh fair enough. Did they actually split the 2nd Season of True Jackson VP or? It went for 34 episodes. Itunes has it as Season 2 and Season 3 I just found out.

I'm not entirely sure on this. Wikipedia made the edit and it turns out Kevin Brogers wasn't too familiar with the show which is why he never said anything on behalf of that. Amazon also has it listed that way. But I don't think the apparent "Season 3" of True Jackson was given a new opening sequence for it's remainder episodes like the second half of Season 2 of iCarly was.

Edited on 01/12/2012 6:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Huntley

[44]Jan 12, 2012

So I did some more searching and was able to pull up some evidence to support the season split from three different web sources I brought to the attention of Mr. Brogers over on Wikipedia.

1. I first came across this link regarding Noah Munck written last year where the media writer of it, Kimberlee Mitchell, mentions the episode "iPsycho" being a Season 3 episode:

http://www.cisionwire.com/noah-munck/r/noah-munck---gibby--on-nickelodeon-s--icarly-set-to-host-orange-carpet-pre-show-at-2011-kids--choice-awards,g558884

2. I came across an iCarly blog that's labeled being the "best blog to stay up to date with iCarly" where if you scroll down you'll come across a status written on September 12, 2009 before the airing of "iThink They Kissed". It talks about the plot of the episode and how it was the Season 3 premiere of the marketed third season:

http://www.icarly-show.com/blog/tag/icarly-notes/.

3. Lastly, here's another web source from 2010 about an "iCarly" contest that launch after the airing of "iGot a Hot Room" where it references that episode as the start of Season 4:

http://tv.spreadit.org/icarly-iwin-igot-a-hot-room-www-nick-comiwin/

Edited on 01/12/2012 7:38pm

marcdragicevic

[45]Jan 12, 2012
    Huntley wrote:

pscf3 wrote:
    That and the fact that I'm convinced such a situation took place otherwise something would have been said by now likely by Dan since he's associated with the network.

marcdragicevic wrote:

I'm not entirely sure on this. Wikipedia made the edit and it turns out Kevin Brogers wasn't too familiar with the show which is why he never said anything on behalf of that. Amazon also has it listed that way. But I don't think the apparent "Season 3" of True Jackson was given a new opening sequence for it's remainder episodes like the second half of Season 2 of iCarly was.

Oh really, ahh. So should we call that all Season 2 instead of Season 3. (Season 2 - 34 episode season).

Huntley

[46]Jan 12, 2012

Possibly. But if it was split then it's fine the way it is, but it's going to need more sources to back it up. Now if we're talking about iCarly that's a whole other story since it's situation was bigger and more open to people.

Edited on 01/12/2012 8:12pm

marcdragicevic

[47]Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah, that's true. We should try and get Dan back to the site though, he could help.

Huntley

[48]Jan 12, 2012
    He could help, but apparently Mr. Brogers doesn't find his words quite believable. He looked at that article the wrong way and figured he was confused on the issue itself. A Nick executive would be even better if we could reach one. But as for the moment, Dan would be our lead guy in this. Apparently my arguments are going nowhere and I don't want to give up. Brogers just seem to eager to deny the season split. I'm telling him that there are sources that refer to both the production cycle and the broadcast cycle. He feels his sources are more "reliable" because they only provide the production labels. Now questioning that all the web sources I listed at my defense were the result from Wikipedia. I told him not to jump to conclusions on that because we got our information from other websites. I don't know how much more I can take of this.

Fireofnature

[49]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 13
    You can't speak to someone who has ear plugs in their ears, your words will only bounce right back out. Meaning, your effort to convince this person may be completely futile, as he seems so set in his ways and is dead set against refusing anything but his own opinion. I say don't even worry about it, wikipedia is not all that important anyway, especially not the iCarly section of that site

marcdragicevic

[50]Jan 12, 2012
    I'm just trying to wonder where this guy is from, this broger guy?

Fireofnature

[51]Jan 12, 2012
    Who knows, I've never heard of him, he doesn't seem that important

marcdragicevic

[52]Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah I know, he might be just trying to start arguments.

Huntley

[53]Jan 12, 2012

Fireofnature wrote:
    You can't speak to someone who has ear plugs in their ears, your words will only bounce right back out. Meaning, your effort to convince this person may be completely futile, as he seems so set in his ways and is dead set against refusing anything but his own opinion. I say don't even worry about it, wikipedia is not all that important anyway, especially not the iCarly section of that site

Yeah, but all I don't want people going there thinking that's how it is now all of a sudden. That's why I'm even bother going through with all of this. Now he's basically acting like he's some religious God on the whole issue, like he gets the final say on how things go on regarding the editing. I think I gave off a pretty good defense to convince him there was a broadcast season split but he's too eager on the fact that it never happened and that everything should go about the production cycle. He's called Dan a liar and doesn't find his words useful and discarded a worthy piece of evidence that shed some light on this issue (Dan's blog). I had to dumpster dive for other things to use he just blew over. Sigh....

Edited on 01/12/2012 8:42pm

Fireofnature

[54]Jan 12, 2012
    Press on then, press on

marcdragicevic

[55]Jan 12, 2012
    Okay, where abouts is this guy on the internet for starters?

Huntley

[56]Jan 12, 2012
    This is his Wikipedia page for starters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kevinbrogers

marcdragicevic

[57]Jan 12, 2012
    I will have a look shortly at that link.

I just got into contact with someone that talks to Dan face to face sometimes. Asked him about the iParty with Victorious extended thing, haven't asked him yet about season 2 though.

Huntley

[58]Jan 12, 2012
    Make sure you do that as soon as you can. See if you can have him arrange a video upload or something so we can have evidence to link this with.

marcdragicevic

[59]Jan 13, 2012
    I'll try too. I doubt I will be able to do it through a video upload though. I will see what I can do. (I wish I knew Dan personally though - then it would be so much easier.

Huntley

[60]Jan 13, 2012
    We can simply reach him on twitter. I just wish he would freaking respond though.