We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 2 never split

marcdragicevic

[21]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 21
    It's from here.
    http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2009/09/icarly-second-season-third-season-huh.html
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ruffmanfan882

[22]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 6
    [QUOTE="marcdragicevic"]
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

Huntley wrote:

They could have taken the week of the 16 or the 30 of may off. Miranda left for her tour after the week of the July 4th Can you change season 4 and 5 episodes to TBA for now since they did not film all of the episodes for this production season. Next season they are going to be filming more than 13 episodes according to Noah. (log in to your faceboo) http://www.facebook.com/noahBmunck/posts/10150410593663270

This content is currently unavailable
    The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
    It doesn't work.

I figured it out for one of the last links. If you have a facebook you must log in to view it. Noah must have set is page to only facebook viewers, where Dan lets you see his facebook when you not logged in.

Huntley

[23]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 4

Unfortunately Marcdragicevic, Dan's blog is being considered "unreliable" by Kevin Brogers over on Wikipedia who is so anxious at keeping Seasons 2 and 3 kept as one season. Now he came across the excuse that iTunes and Amazon don't list the episodes as seasons but as volumes. That just made me scratch my head, considering that the volumes are basically the seasons in their broadcast labels with all of their episodes listed in each one. I swear, he's so fixed on the fact that sources label Season 2 as a whole 45 episode season which doesn't surprise me as I told him press releases do that since they follow the production labels. A good number of these sites are copy-overs anyway and we have many sources indicating a split season.

Edited on 01/12/2012 2:30pm

marcdragicevic

[24]Jan 12, 2012
    [QUOTE="Ruffmanfan882"]
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

Huntley wrote:

They could have taken the week of the 16 or the 30 of may off. Miranda left for her tour after the week of the July 4th Can you change season 4 and 5 episodes to TBA for now since they did not film all of the episodes for this production season. Next season they are going to be filming more than 13 episodes according to Noah. (log in to your faceboo) http://www.facebook.com/noahBmunck/posts/10150410593663270

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
    It doesn't work.

I figured it out for one of the last links. If you have a facebook you must log in to view it. Noah must have set is page to only facebook viewers, where Dan lets you see his facebook when you not logged in.

For facebook, I was logged in.

Ruffmanfan882

[25]Jan 12, 2012
    [QUOTE="marcdragicevic"]
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

Huntley wrote:

It doesn't work.

For facebook, I was logged in.

Thats odd then it worked for me an some other wiki users

Many shows have aired over 2 years, Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, That's So Raven, and even Phineas and Ferb. Now, most of those seasons had either 30 episodes or more for their seasons. If they wanted to split for 2 separate seasons, they would've. They just order more episodes so they have time to shoot another season before the filmed episodes run out. As already stated as well, Nick & Disney promote episodes differently. Nick said the premiere of season 4 is "iDate Sam & Freddie" but "iLost My Mind" was promoted as a special episode (like Nick usually does when a new episode hasn't aired in 2 months). Disney doesn't even promote their "new seasons" at all on TV, all they say is "New episodes." The only time I've seen Disney use "A Brand New Season..." on TV was for Sonny with a Chance Season 2 and Hannah Montanan Forever Season 4.

Huntley

[26]Jan 12, 2012

Nick works differently than Disney. Plus, iCarly had a whole production season of 45 episodes lined up. That's way more than what's been aired on a regular basis for a season for Nick. It makes sense why they would split it up in the marketing. The highest season of episodes Disney had was 39 in the second season of "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" that lasted from 2006-2007. Speaking of "iCarly" Season 2, we simply can't ignore that after 25 of them aired from September 2008 to August 2009, the last 20 that aired from September 2009 to June 2010 were given a whole new sequence. We have Dan's blog where he is confident of this and talks of how the network was referring remaining episodes of the Season 2 production as the "third season", two interviews with Nathan Kress before the airing of Season 4 and Season 5 that can be seen on Youtube where the broadcast labeled seasons are referred to as so. You think Nathan would have corrected these people if they were wrong had no split took place? You think Dan would have said something regarding the split if it never happened? Even when it was talked about at the time it took place? We have many web sources and sites such as Amazon and iTunes that have the seasons labeled like this. Were they wrong too? As for "iLost My Mind" it's understandable why it wasn't labeled as the premiere of a new season. It's not because it was the first one within two months but that the episode was produced second whereas "iDate Sam & Freddie" was made first. Had "iLost My Mind" been produced first then it likely would have been referred to as the premiere of the new season.

Disney also promoted "Season 3" of Wizards of Waverly Place as such by the way before it began in October 2009.

Edited on 01/15/2012 10:12am
    Edited 4 total times.

pscf3

[27]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 16
    I just looked on wikipedia today. That really should be reverted.

Ruffmanfan882

[28]Jan 12, 2012
    I know we have Dan's blog but he is unsure him self, I can't really find another source that says it was split then Dans blog. The only way to try to find out is contact someone at nick. I will see what I can do.

Huntley

[29]Jan 12, 2012

Dan was absolutely certain on the issue. He was uncertain on when the transition was to happen however. When he wrote the blog on September 1, 2009 the last Season 2 episode to air was "iFight Shelby Marx". He just didn't know when Season 2 was going to end and when Season 3 was going to begin. He was already working on a new opening sequence and even concluded the topic with "Season 2 is airing now" (thinking a couple more episodes would have aired in the broadcast season but the next one would actually be where the marketed third season would start 11 days later he must have found out about soon afterwards) and "The third season starts airing in a few weeks". But yeah, you contact some one at Nick. But that may not help because you still need a reliable source to convince Mr. Brogers who obviously didn't taking Dan's word into consideration. We just had another dispute and it's not working out at all. I raised a few more points and they were all blown over. We need something quick. I'm running out of defenses here. See if they can write something regarding the show's seasons on TV.

Edited on 01/12/2012 5:56pm

marcdragicevic

[30]Jan 12, 2012
    Can we please use paragraphs, haha.

Ruffmanfan882

[31]Jan 12, 2012
    I posted a note to the Nick Writing Fellowship program facebook to see if I can get a better person to contact about this. I know Dan is great but I really think he does not know him self.

marcdragicevic

[32]Jan 12, 2012
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:
    I posted a note to the Nick Writing Fellowship program facebook to see if I can get a better person to contact about this. I know Dan is great but I really think he does not know him self.

Nah, he doesn't quite know himself either. You're right about that.

Huntley

[33]Jan 12, 2012

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Can we please use paragraphs, haha.
    Sorry my overlong ones are troubling you. I'll keep that in mind next time I write something so long.

I'm sticking with the oppression that Dan did know about the split and how I described the whole confusion thing he plays at the start of his blog is what I believe to be the case. I just find it hard to believe that he didn't know but then ended his blog topic being so confident about it. I just tried to see if I could contact the Nick company like if they had a twitter or something.

Edited on 01/12/2012 6:25pm
    Edited 3 total times.

marcdragicevic

[34]Jan 12, 2012
    Thanks. So what are we going to do about this split issue thingo? I don't think Nick. will reply back to the issue though.

pscf3

[35]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 16
    For the site, i'd keep it the way it is.
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Thanks. So what are we going to do about this split issue thingo? I don't think Nick. will reply back to the issue though.

marcdragicevic

[36]Jan 12, 2012
    pscf3 wrote:
    For the site, i'd keep it the way it is.
    marcdragicevic wrote:

For the moment I will, this site has too many bugs to do anything drastic to the guides.

Huntley

[37]Jan 12, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:

I doubt it either. I sent a message to Dan on twitter regarding the issue if he can explain it once again for certainty and hasn't replied back. This doesn't surprise me since he never responded to anything I had sent to him. I want the page on Wikipedia to be reverted back and will make sure that happens soon. That Kevin Brogers sure just had to come in here and cause an issue. Two-and-a-half-years and now here he comes with the changes.

marcdragicevic

[38]Jan 12, 2012
    Never heard of that guy. (Kevin B).

Huntley

[39]Jan 12, 2012
    He's no one famous. He's just your ordinary person.

marcdragicevic

[40]Jan 12, 2012
    Ahh, I see. Fair enough then.